Quest for the Runeblade (Cowrie and TaurenDevourer)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Quest for the Runeblade (Cowrie and TaurenDevourer)

Postby Cowrie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Telniras was a powerful minotauress shaman from the Southern tribes, with the floppy ears and tall, upright horns typical of minotaurs from the jungles of the South. However, right now, she was far north and west of her homeland, on a quest for a powerful runeblade of legend. Among her leather garb, she had a potent spirit bag primed with magic and a staff that, while not as powerful as the weapon she sought, was still formidable. She would need both as she had finally reached the temple and would soon face it's guardian.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Re: Quest for the Runeblade (Cowrie and TaurenDevourer)

Postby TaurenDevourer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Inside was a fellow minotaur, dressed in heavy plate, with the runeblade behind her, upright in it's pedestal. The guardian herself was meditating, her eyes closed and back turned to the weapon. She seemed at peace, her hair flowing as she contemplated... whatever it was she was meditating on. Sighing softly, she smiled, her vision extended out, watching the shaman's approach from where she sat.

"I sense... a hero. One on a quest. For... my weapon?" she smirked, waiting for the would-be heroine to challenge her for the blade, as expected.
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm

"Indeed." Telniras replied simply as she entered the temple, holding her staff before her. As she started to chant, the piece of raw crystal embedded in the end of the staff started to glow and spirits started to swirl around her. With a particularly forceful verse, she thrust the crystal towards the guardian, sending two of the spirits shrieking to attack the other minotaur.

((Sorry it's so short.))
Cowrie
???

Postby TaurenDevourer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm

The armour-clad guardian lept up with a grin, casting her own counterspell to dissipate the two spirits. "No formal challenge for your right to wield it?" She scowled. "You are not worthy to claim Alae'Shaar!" Quickly storming forward, the guardian formed a tower shield from her magic, attempting to knock her challenger down and trample her.
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Speaking a word of power, Telniras called a spirit to protect her, strengthening them with powerful alchemic powders. The spirit formed a glowing shield-like barrier of her own, and the shaman followed up by sending another spirit overtly to rip the guardian's shield away while several subtler, invisible spirits slid up to the guardian from either side and attempted to bind the guardian's power and body.
Cowrie
???

Postby TaurenDevourer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 pm

The bovine warrior stumbled and fell as the magic constricted her body, sending her tumbling face first into the polished marble stone, causing it to crack under her. Groaning, it eas clear the guardian had been dazed, coughing softly after the impact.

"F-Fine!" She gasped aloud. "It's yours!"
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 pm

((I still want to do this rp, but I'm feeling pretty lousy IRL and probably won't make a reply till sometime tomorrow.))
Cowrie
???

Return to Private Roleplay