Caring For Woodland Creatures

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Caring For Woodland Creatures

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 am

Our story begins in a forest, on a rather overcast day. The sun was managing to poke through in some places, but for the most part, clouds covered the sky. The temperature was pleasant, but the wind was starting to pick up, indicating the possibility of a storm...

Ruby growled loudly and cursed under her breath. She was a slightly larger than normal fox, with a ruby red coat of fur, and her ears twitched as the wind started to pick up. She was also presently trapped under a log, struggling to free herself.

While hunting earlier, she was on the trail of a delicious rabbit, and just as she was ready to pounce, she lost her footing. Despite trying to stop herself, she rolled down the hill, the sudden stop at the bottom knocking the wind out of her. Stunned, she failed to see the log rolling down the hill after her until it was too late. With a thud and a soft crunch, it landed on her, pinning her down. And in the process, injuring her hind leg.

She whimpered softly. She'd been struggling for a while now, and feared the worst. "Come on Ruby...Nobody's going to come for you, you gotta get yourself out of this..." She claws at the ground, trying to get any kind of traction, but stops suddenly with a pained yelp. She sighs. "Yep. Pretty sure I broke something...Damn it..." With another sigh, she tries to push the log, but only manages to apply pressure to her injured leg, making her cry out loudly in pain once more.
unbirthwriter1
???

Re: Caring For Woodland Creatures

Postby 9kirby99 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:01 am

While this was going on, I was taking a walk through the woods. I needed to take the shortcut in order to get home. I was trying to hurry through, seeing the oncoming storm was going to be here soon. As I was walking through, I heard some sort of commotion nearby. I heard some sort of rustling, followed by a thud and a crunch. Hearing it, I headed over, cautious.

When I finally arrived, I noticed a fox. It seemed to be pinned under a log...oh, that didn't look good. And judging by the cries of pain, it didn't feel good, either. I approached hesitantly, not wanting to spook them, and unsure of they were rabid or not. "...hey, there, buddy...I'm gonna help you get out, okay...?" I went over to the log, pushing on it, trying to get it off of them.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35468 Hope to RP with you! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
9kirby99
Heavy user

Location: It's pink...wet...and gurgly...that could be anyone.

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Ruby's eyes go wide as she hears footsteps approaching. She freezes in fear, staring at the human as he approached her. *Please don't hurt me!* She thinks to herself, but she sighs in relief as she listens to him. *He...He's helping...* She thinks. Good! As soon as he lifts the log, she squirms and wriggles out, struggling for a moment before she's free.

She takes a few steps away before she yelps in pain, holding up her hind leg carefully as she sits, whimpering as she looks it over. A little blood, but overall, doesn't look too bad. She looks at the human once more with a nod before she starts licking the small cuts on her leg. "Th-thank you human. I don't know...if you can understand me, but thank you."
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 pm

I see that she manages to get out, smiling a little. I hear her yelps in pain, worried a bit. It sounded like it hurt. I keep my distance, but I squat to get more on her level. "...d...do you need any he-"

I'm immediately startled by the fact that she speaks real english. I fall back on my rear, staring at her in disbelief. "...w...woah...y-you can talk...?"
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35468 Hope to RP with you! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Ruby looks up with another nod. "Sure can. I don't usually talk to humans, but...you helped me. I wanted you to know I was thankful." She looks down at her leg once more, inspecting it carefully. "And as for if I'll need more help...I'm not sure."

She frowns as she stands, then starts gingerly putting weight on her leg. "Ow! Ugh, not walking on that for a while..." She continues to frown. "...Definitely not pouncing on anything...." She sighs and shakes her head. "I'm not sure if I'll be able to hunt."
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

I blinked as I listened to her, carefully looking at her legs. It definitely seemed...tough for her right now. I carefully get back up, walking over, a little more comfortable knowing she had some intelligence. "...geez...I..." I look around. I get closer, starting to squat to help pick her up. "...look, why don't you come to my place? It's about to rain, and you're not going to be able to handle yourself out here like that..."
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:42 am

Ruby starts to back away, but then sighs. "O-Ok..." She manages a smile as she looks up to you. "Sorry, I'm not used to someone wanting to help me..." She glances around for a moment. "Just know that I COULD handle myself if I needed to. But you seem like you want to help, so I'll accept it."

An ominous rumble of thunder echos through the trees, signaling the start of the storm. A few drops of rain hit Ruby's nose, making her frown. "Better hurry. Seems the rain is coming."
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am

I nod, doubting she could...her foot seemed bad. "Alright, alright. Let's do this." I carefully scoop her up. I hold her close in my arms, careful of her foot, before starting to hurry and run towards home, trying to make it before the rain.
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am

Ruby smiles as she cuddles in close to you. "I hope your home is warm and dry..." She shivers a little when she thinks about the cold rain that's about to come down.
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 pm

I nod, continuing to run through the forest in an attempt to get out of the rain before it came. After a few minutes, just as the rain started to come down, I manage to get home, getting into the front door and closing it, left tired and panting in the front hall.
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Ruby shivers once more before she smiles up at you. "Thanks again. I'm not sure how I'll be able to repay you human." She frowns at her leg once more. "Hopefully this will heal up right...If it does, I'll have to show you my home sometime." Her smile returns. "By the way, my name is Ruby."
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:48 pm

I nod a little bit, walking in. I carefully set Ruby down on a couch to rest. "My name is Miles...you rest up. Let me see your leg for a second, I'm not doctor, but maybe I can do something." I squat, getting lower to see her leg...
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Ruby smiles. "Miles...I like that name." She stretches out on the couch with a contented sigh, then watches you get low to her leg. "I'm not sure what you can do. Besides somehow making that leg able to be walked on again."
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm

I smiled a little bit, looking over her leg, to see what the injury was. Was it a break, a sprain, was it cut...? I looked to her. "Well, depending on the injury, I can help it heal more easily..."
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Ruby nods as watches you examine her leg. It was fractured, with a few cuts that had already clotted. Nothing major. A little antiseptic for the cuts, and a splint would have her better in no time.

Ruby smiles. "Well Doctor, what do you think? Think you can fix little old me?" She smiles slyly, a fun idea forming in her head...
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 pm

I get up. "I think I can do my best." I head off to the bathroom, going and grabbing a med kit. I headed back to the couch, crouching again, and starting to treat her cuts to start, having no idea what her little idea was...
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:53 am

Ruby's sly smile doesn't diminish as she watches. She knew better than to do it now. She knew her leg was hurt, and she also knew that the only way she was going to be comfortably walking again is after her leg was fixed. "Well, as long as you do your best, I appreciate it..." She smiles before she gives you a quick lick on the cheek.
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:57 am

I smile, chuckling a little bit as she licked my face. I carefully cleaned out the cuts, using some anti-septic on each, before bandaging up her leg. I take out a splint, carefully adding that, making sure the leg was set right so it didn't heal funny. "...alright, that should do it for now."
9kirby99
Heavy user

Postby unbirthwriter1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 am

Ruby giggles. "Thank you Miles..." She stretches out on the couch, exposing her white underbelly. She looks at you and winks. "Like what you've see? I've been saving myself for a special someone." She deliberately rubs her fluffy tail on you, still giggling. "Cause when I do have kits, they gotta be special. Having a body as sexy as mine takes work!"

Well...Ruby appears to be feeling better...
unbirthwriter1
???

Postby 9kirby99 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 am

I blinked a bit as she stretched out, getting comfortable on the couch. I raise an eyebrow as she...flirts...with me? I tilt my head. "...uh...I'm not exactly a fox, so...I wouldn't know...but I'm sure you're very beautiful among your kind..." This took an odd turn.
9kirby99
Heavy user

Next

Return to Private Roleplay