Seafood City (Misty and Ult)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Seafood City (Misty and Ult)

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:16 am

A few years ago, a planet was faced with a growing population and nowhere for it to go. Land was running out, ships were unsustainable, and space travel a distant dream... And so instead of looking up to the stars, they looked down. Huge mining operations began, and vast swathes of the population began to move beneath the surface. Vast cities were built in subterranean caves - and then, somebody looked to the ocean.

With oceans taking up near enough 70% of the planet's surface, it seemed a logical choice. Construction began on a city under the sea. It took a few years, but soon enough, it could be inhabited. Leagues beneath the surface of the ocean, where even the sun cannot reach, the first sub-sea city was created: Frontier. A small one, to be sure, but popular and successful. Great metal buildings with huge glass windows joined together by thick glass tubes and walkways like something out of science fiction. Power taken from volcanic vents on the ocean's floor, a steady supply of fish and other seafood, it seemed a paradise for those who lived there! Since then, many other cities have been built in this style and Frontier is all but forgotten...

But way down there, they're far from the top of the food chain...
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Re: Seafood City (Misty and Ult)

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:38 am

Shawn had grown up in frontier from a young age. He'd developed a bit of a reputation around the city. Most knew him as a bit of a crackpot inventor, always tinkering with his newest contraption. Though few really work the way they're supposed to. But he's mostly harmless, so most people don't give him trouble.
It's a dog eat dog world, and we're all just different flavors of Alpo.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 am

He wasn't the only one with a reputation either! Sushi the shark frequented the city, and was well-known for harassing people with her big fat gut. She frequently eats people who swim out the airlock, and just last week had made a big show of swallowing a small four-man submarine that had been heading out on an exploratory trip. Granted, they probably hadn't expected to explore shark guts. She's not malicious, just greedy. She seemed much more eager to eat people once she learned they could be reformed!

There was also Nova, a small sergal with a reputation for cooking great food and being really tasty! She lives a short distance from Shawn and is happy to make deliveries to his workshop when he's too busy with work to head out for lunch.

And finally, there had been recent rumours of disappearances outside, which Sushi is not taking credit for...
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 am

(to make things simple, nova could always come by) ;)

Shawn was currently working on his latest device, putting the finishing touches on it. "Hm, that should about do it..." he says, strapping it to his wrist. "Now, for a test run." he says,climbing into a large tank of water before pressing a button on the device, a blue field surrounding him. He goes under, checking the device. "Field is stabile, so far so good."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 am

[I'm not too big on male human preds, unless you had something else in mind? ;3 ]

Shortly thereafter, Shawn can hear a knock on the door. "Shawn?" calls the familiar female voice of the strawberry sergal. "I got your lunch for you!"
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:10 am

meant for how to get things rolling, but ok) XD

"I'll be there in a..." he starts, the device suddenly fizzling out, the field disappearing. He quickly surfaces, sputtering. "Damn it! Needs more power..." he mutters, moving to the door. He opens it looking rather waterlogged. "Hey nova, good to see you."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:12 am

"Hi Shawn!" she exclaims, smiling as she walks in. "I got your favourite." She sets the plate down on a nearby workbench and looks at him quizzically. "Did you go for a swim?"
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:18 am

"Much appreciated." He says, chuckling. "You could say that. Just tinkering with this." he says, pointing to the device on his wrist. "If I can get it working, it should create a sort of forcefield around the wearer, allowing them to traverse the ocean depths without need of klunky submarines."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:21 am

"You sure that's wise? You've seen how greedy Sushi can be," she points out, although she steps forward to look at the device a little closer. "If anything I'd suggest bigger submarines, aha~"
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 am

(was that aha as in a laugh or aha as in noticing something? Hard to tell) XD

"Eh, she's mostly harmless. Seems in working order, but problem is getting it to keep a charge. Needs more power" he says.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:34 am

[As in a laugh :P ]

"Mostly harmless!" protests Nova, who - like Shawn - has yet to be on the receiving end of Sushi's gluttony. "She swallowed a whole submarine last week!"
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:45 am

"What a trip that must've been. But they got out, didn't they?" he asks.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:02 am

"... Did they?" she asks, furrowing her brow. "I thought the reforming machines got 'em. I... Didn't actually look into it all that much."
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:06 am

"That's my point, with those reformers, being eaten is about as harmless as a handshake."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:08 am

Nova pauses. "That's an... Interesting way to put it... Have you had to use one before?" she asks - with a scent like that, Shawn might not be surprised if she's had to use them in the past, even without having to go outside!
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:18 am

"So far I've been lucky, I fly under most people's radar half the time, but I've known a few who have." he explains.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:23 am

Nova shuffles gently on the spot. "I mean, it's not like you don't still get eaten! It's that, well, you don't stay gone. It's not necessarily a pleasant ordeal!"
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:29 am

"Fair point. He says,thinking a moment. "Wait a sec..." he says, going to take a lok at his notes. "If i take the..." he starts rambling. Nova has likely known him long enough to know when he's got another harebrained idea brewing.

(had to move this along somehow, but don't worry, it's going somewhere) ;)
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 am

(Hah, no worries!)

Nova nods her head as he goes back to his work. "Shall I leave you to it, or...?" she asks.
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:45 am

"You can come along if u wish, the more the merrier. Alright, if my calculations are right, this should solve my power supply problem, and help with a few improvements i have planned." he explains.

(I'll jbe making technobabble up from this point, so just roll with it) XD
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Next

Return to Private Roleplay