Calling Out the Dragon (Whitebrand and MasterGryph)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Calling Out the Dragon (Whitebrand and MasterGryph)

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 pm

“Well I still need to reassure a few people and things like that, but I can do them later if you don’t mind the company.” She looked briefly to the side. “And it feels a little strange going out without my mask,” she admitted.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:41 pm

"I'll admit, it's a little comforting seeing you without it," Ewith said, "But if you wanted to replace or repair it after this is all over, I don't think anyone would hold it against you."

The avian stepped over to where the mask had been left, and took a closer look at the pieces...
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 pm

The mask was made of some kind of white ceramic-like material and carefully hand painted. The fact that it had simply broken into two pieces instead of shattered was a testament to its strength. There were repairing spells out there that could possibly fix it. Perhaps Brand had the spell or access to it.

“I might,” Celeste said slowly, her hand going to her cheek. “Ask me a month or so ago and I would have demanded it fixed. Now...im not so sure.” She looked up at Ewith. “You don’t stare.”

At the scars, of course. The wounds that never completely healed. That she hated so much.

“And the others...tell me I’m pretty.” She said this in a tone close to wonder.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:58 pm

"The way you carry yourself draws attention away from it. There's more to your beauty than what he could ever take away," Ewith explains, "And, well, I prefer focusing on your expression. I never did figure out how to read your tails," she admitted.

She took a look at the inside of the mask.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:03 pm

The break had broken the magic on the mask...spells that had kept it attached to her face, see despite the lack of eyeholes, and enabled her to breathe without effort. Ewith could tell that the mask had been enchanted quite some time ago...at least a decade. The process would have been fairly expensive and taken time, but the result had been worth it for its owner.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:05 pm

So, it really was just a mask... "You've had this since before you met Brand, right? Or am I getting confused about dates again?"

She set it back down and looked up at Celeste again.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 pm

“Before, yes,” she said. “I commissioned it not long after I escaped from that...thug. There was an exchange of favors and coin. Until I got it I spent a lot of time going about at night with a good over my head. Once I got it I regained some confidence. I liked the ‘lady of mystery’ air, I guess. People couldn’t read my face and only kitsune could read my tails. I felt safer.

“But some of my older enemies started to get wind of me,” she said. “Not nice people. So I came here.”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:07 pm

"Ah, I see," Having the mask had helped Celeste a lot. Perhaps the kitsune had grown past the need for it... but that wasn't Ewith's place to judge.

"Whitebrand's mission might be coming to an end in the future. If that works out, I wonder... what do you think you'd do next?" she changed the subject, "I have people I'd need to report back to, but after that..." she shrugged.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:19 pm

“I was going to stay with him until my enemies gave up,” she said. “But I am now thinking...I could tell him I’m ready to find my tails again. I think he’d help me if I asked.”

She looked up at Ewith.

“It would be a risk,” she said. “But if this is all to be over soon...then I’d like to try.”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:44 pm

"Celeste, that sounds wonderful," Ewith responded with a smile, "I'm sure you could do it. And, my own offer to help will still be open."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:21 am

She nodded with a smile of her own.

“I think it’s time,” she said. “And your assistance will be gratefully accepted.”

She looked at Ewith’s project.

“Well for now I’d like to help you,” she said. “If you’ll allow me. I’m not familiar with your charms, but I’ll do my best.”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 pm

"Okay, then. I'll explain as best I can," Ewith said, preparing material for two charms so she could walk Celeste through the process. "The first thing is to build a frame. This is done by..." And it went on like that, with Ewith demonstrating a technique, then having Celeste copy her.

Eventually, she would find time to rewrite the explanation of symbols to use, as the first had gotten a bit scorched earlier.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Celeste's efforts were simple and she didn't stray far from Ewith's instructions. The result was acceptable...though some of Ewith's teachers might have sighed. An hour slipped by.

Ewith, of course, was used to making her charms. Celeste was not, and she ran out of steam fairly quickly. She ended up sitting and watching patiently while Ewith worked.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:53 pm

It took three things to make these charms - a source of magic, an understanding of the symbols and how to make them, and practice. The third was, to a degree, a problem for both of them.

"Well, I think it's time to put this set outside," Ewith relaxed after completing another one. She had to admit, it was getting tiresome. "Thanks for coming to visit. Hopefully you haven't missed anything important."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:23 pm

“Of course not,” Celeste said. “Thank you for sharing your time with me.”

Celeste bowed again and left, gliding out of Ewith’s room with her usual calm air. She looked around briefly before closing the door.

That left Ewith alone again. Bereth and Mistyboth dropped by to say hi and check on her well being.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:10 pm

"I appreciate your concern," Ewith said, as she stepped outside her room to talk with them there, "But I'll be alright. How have you been?" As she spoke, she set a few of her creations against the hallway wall.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Misty suddenly switched her attention to the displayed charms and seized one. The first thing she did was try to figure out how to wear it, as though it were a piece of jewelry or something.

“You hang it on your wall, Misty,” Bereth said almost automaticity. The half-elf turned back to Ewith.

“Thanks again for enchanting my staff,” she said. “We thought we’d drop by and see how you were. Someone said there had been a fight or something so we got concerned.”

“Misty want to help teach bird-girl!” The cat girl said excitedly. “Run, jump, everything!”

“She looks tired, Misty,” Bereth said. “Maybe later.”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:36 pm

"Sorry, Misty," Ewith sighed, "But Bereth's right. I can't exercise right now." She reached out to gently pet the catgirl on the head.

While the avian mage had healed herself of injury, Bereth and Misty would notice the scorched holes in her outfit, and perhaps even the smell of smoke.

"There's no way the rumors have the full story, but Viconia has the situation under control right now," While she'd like to know how Erin was recovering, but acting on that desire would only cause more harm, "To be honest, I'm just killing time until Whitebrand gets back."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Misty began to purr at once. She closed her eyes and sat at Ewith’s feet, purring like a small earthquake.

“Well if Viconia has it in hand it’s as good as done,” Bereth said with a shrug. “But you look a mess. I can get you some new clothes if you like. I just need your measurements.

“Come on, Misty. Let’s let her rest.”

Misty didn’t look like she would be moving any time soon as long as the scritching was going on.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm

"Hmm, if you need my measurements, I'm afraid you'll need to figure them out yourself. Outside of a clothing shop, I seldom needed to know them," Ewith admitted, suddenly feeling self-conscious. She pet Misty a bit more forcefully as the catgirl sat down, and fiddled with her ears a bit before she stopped.

"Well, it's been nice seeing you two are well."
MasterGryph
---

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay