Reincarnated as a Golem (Whitebrand and Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Reincarnated as a Golem (Whitebrand and Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Sapphira looked at brand and shrugged “was more worried you’d get hurt because of me.... would be rather shameful of me if I went to far and you got hurt as a result” she petted him on the head gently then looked at the Minotaurs “so, shall we go to the village? We could discuss things at length better if we have a place to sit down”

The Chieftan snorted “we don’t need your pity” he said firmly, it was more a matter of pride then anger though

The light brown one finally pushed herself past her guards, they were smothering her after sapphira’s display! And walked over to the Chieftan her brother and spoke as she rested a hand on his arm, standing next to her brother it was clear just how big the Chieftan was even among the Minotaurs “brother, I think we should accept her offer... it won’t do us any good to just wander around and exhaust our strength. At the very least we can rest there long enough to recover before we move on....” she got a saddened look “we... we don’t have anywhere to go back to after all”

The elder let out a small chuckle “our head shaman has spoken Chieftan, what is your choice?”

The Chieftan remained silent for a bit before putting his sword away patting his sister’s head “fine...” he looked at Sapphira “we will accept your offer then”

Sapphira nodded “I can’t say your all gonna be able to fit inside a building with me and brand... there aren’t many spots that can fit more then me, him and a single guest... the Kobolds have tried and failed to make a large space or so I’ve been told”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm

“I need no shelter,” Brand said stoutly even as he calmed. He eyed the chief and his weapon. “I can handle anything anyone can throw at me!”

One day the dragon’s mouth was going to write a check that his butt would bounce high from. Not today...and hopefully not soon.

Still he supported Sapphira and her offer. The village could use more guardians.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:09 pm

Sapphira blinked “anything huh?” She sneakily formed a fox tail and scooped up some snow with it compacting it into a snowball before throwing it lightly and smacking brand right square in the back of his head

After brand’s reaction Sapphira would give him a ‘I’m not sorry’ look before she began walking “please just follow me then, I’ll show you the way to the village” she commented to the Minotaurs

The first to follow would be the Chieftan though as if by some unspoken command the others tried to surround the small female in a protective manner but she slipped free before they could matching pace with Sapphira and she asked “so Sapphira... did you name that dragon back there?”

Sapphira blinked looking at her though she found she still had to look slightly tilted upwards as all the Minotaurs were taller then her, this female and the elder atleast were only a couple inches unlike the rest who all dwarfed Sapphira “yes, and do be careful, he has a thing for females according to what I was told by Inuou, the Kobold elder. Not that I really know, I’ve known him for four days and not once has he shown any visible signs of attraction to me that I’ve noticed”

The shaman blinked and frowned looking at herself “I... I don’t think myself or her will likely draw such attentions by a dragon” she motioned a hand to the other female “we arent beautiful by standards of other races, and some in fact fear us so much they want nothing to do with our kind” Minotaurs were known for being an absurdly strong and proud race, perhaps one of the strongest races to inhabit this forest... since only one dragon called it home currently
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Brand felt the impact of the snowball and his head snapped around to stare at Sapphira. His eyes narrowed resentfully as his adolescent ego took a bruise. He followed the group as they headed for the village, a petulant frown engraved into his face.

Dragons, or course, had their own standards of beauty. The younger they were the less discriminating they tended to be, and dragons were potentially capable of reproducing with any sentient being. In Brand’s case he quite liked humanoid females. Especially the busty ones.

He had, of course, ogled Sapphira when she had taken her human appearance...when she wasn’t looking. To his eyes the Minotaur women were cute...in an adorable sort of way. He wondered what would happen if Sapphira named them.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Sapphira shrugged as she looked at the Minotaur shaman “you can never know another’s thoughts about you or something you do, you can guess or if you know them well enough predict it.... but you can never be certain until they say it themselves”

When they got to the village Sapphira would blink seeing Inuou and Nala standing near the entrance waiting, Nala clearly a different species “ok, I’m fairly certain the Kobolds didn’t evolve overnight, how the heck did you evolve in minutes Nala?!”

Nala blinked and greeted Sapphira “Welcome back Lady Sapphira, I evolved quickly because you named me, I’m now a Queen Saberleo... the rest of my pride will take time to change” her eyes looked over the Minotaurs and she mused “Strange to see Minotaurs so far from their home” she looked at Inuou “if their walking with Lady Sapphira and Lord Brand I guess they will not cause harm” she turned “so I’ll go tell the others”

Sapphira blinked “is that so? Well Nala make sure to meet with me later, I intend to speak with the Minotaurs at length after they have rested” she looked at the Minotaur Chieftan but frowned as he had already walked away “....”

The elder Minotaur sighed “rest of you go on, I will speak and discuss in our Chieftan’s place, you all have had no rest so you need it” he told the others since the shaman atleast had a worried expression like she didn’t know what to do
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:06 am

“Right now all we have are shacks,” Brand said. “But we have plans to improve. I’ll keep an eye on your Chieftan. From a respectable distance of course.”

With a flap of his wings kicking up a blast of wind the dragon took off, taking up a perch in the largest of the nearby trees. He could see pretty much everything from there.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:47 am

The elder frowned at brand leaving before anyone could voice their opinions but then looked at Sapphira as the rest left to go rest somewhere “is it alright to just let us do as we please here? Evolved though the Kobolds are, just the six of us could...”

Sapphira had watched brand take off and didn’t look back as she listened to the elder but when he started mentioning what the six could do she turned her gaze on him eyes narrowed “do you think you six would be enough to handle me?” She crossed her arms “I’m lenient, but if you bring harm to this village... expect the retribution to be Swifter and Harsher” she had a sharp edge to her voice as she spoke her threat plainly

Nala calmly listened and then spoke “Lady Sapphira, though I’m in agreement that we should be wary of the Minotaurs... all of them seem far to exhausted to be to much for us to handle now... and this elder and that Chieftan are injured”

The elder blinked and chuckled “saw through that? Guess I should’ve expected as much”

Nala looked at Inuou, the elder smelt to strongly of blood for it not to be something along those lines, the look though was of silent coercion for the experienced Kobold to speak his mind too

————————

The Chieftan Minotaur for his part wouldn’t stop until he reached the edge of the village where he stopped and removed his sword then sitting down with a pained effort putting a hand to his chest under his leather armor and pulling it out to look at it now the palm covered in fresh blood, it wasn’t enough to be life threatening for the Minotaur but it gave the impression his wound has yet to recover much of at all, the Chieftan however simply reached into a pouch he had pulling out a small wooden pole and traced lines on it with his blood “forgive this basic offering my ancestors, may thy souls of my deceased brothers and sisters find comfort in thy open arms”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:42 am

Brand tilted his head as he watched the Chieftan. He didn't like the way the creature was moving...his step less sure now that public eyes were off of him. His eyes narrowed as he realized that the minotaur was performing a funerary ritual. He waited until it was complete before he spread his wings again anf flew down, landing behind the Chieftan.

"Lady Saphhira is a healer among many other things," he said bluntly. "And your continued endurance of your injury isn't impressing anyone. It's kind of dumb, really. You should talk to her and get her to heal you. Being stubborn or prideful doesn't help anybody."

Pot calling the kettle black.

"Or perhaps I could help," he offered clumsily. "Away from prying eyes. You don't even have to mention it to anyone. I have a reputation to maintain myself."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:41 pm

The Chieftan didn’t jump or show any sort of surprise as brand landed and spoke behind him simply grunted “proud or stubborn? Should a monster from a species known to exemplify those traits be giving me such advice?” He said wryly

He remained silent as he stared at the stick then calmly set it on the ground and stared before jumping a little as it suddenly became lit by a soft flame and he turned his gaze to the one who had done it “What are you doing here by yourself?”

The head shaman who had a hand open as she approached where she had used the spell closed her hand and said calmly “Elder is speaking with the leaders of this village, and the others I put to sleep with a spell because they refused to rest before me otherwise” she looked at brand and gave a respectful bow of her head then stopped beside her brother and crouched “an offering to our ancestors should be burnt so that it may reach them with the souls of our fallen” brand could see in her eyes a pain and longing but she steeled herself anyway and turned on her brother “now then Chieftan....” she quickly worked undoing the Chieftan’s leather armor “your wound needs tending and I will not let you use the excuse of me being at risk after to deny me...” she looked at Brand “he is here and well worth 30 Minotaur standing in our defense”

The Chieftan has been about to open his muzzle at his sister’s actions but could only let out a troubled grunt and give in upon being lectured, once his armor had been removed brand could see it for himself, the Chieftan bore a wound akin to acid having splashed on his chest and melted the skin, it was a fortunate thing Minotaur held thick tough hides but even so this was a very unnatural wound to say the least. The Chieftan for his part simply turned his head away “always the most stubborn calf in the village” he mumbled

The shaman gave a happy smile “the most stubborn cow, get it right” she said as she looked at the wound and placed a hand on the Chieftan’s chest it gaining a faint green glow, it was healing magic but brand could tell it wasn’t strong enough to properly heal wounds like this, though true healing magic had been lost to all but very very specific ancient spirits and all that remained was small weak spells like what the shaman was using.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Brand huffed and looked away at this hypocritical and totally true comment. He remained where he was though. He wasn’t going to let Sapphira’s newest project get ambushed.

Then he caught the scent of the female. He looked around and saw her coming up behind the chieftain but didn’t say anything. He did, however, puff out his chest a bit when she spoke about how strong he was.

Ohhh...siblings. Not mates. Now we have some potential here...

When Brand got a good look at the wound though, he winced. There were quite a few foes that could do that, including black dragons. All of them nasty. And worse, the girl’s magic would just scar her brother.

“If I may, priestess,” Brand said delicately, wanting to be on the good side of the girl. “I fear that your powers of healing may not be enough to treat thus injury properly. Lady Sapphira has, as I have said, great power in that area. She also has the power to make you and your kin stronger by naming you. This would at least nominally obligate you to her, but you would be better for it. And you would have a new home.

“I have overheard enough to deduce that you and your kin are escaping some threat,” the dragon clarified. “Sapphira despises bullies and would certainly be willing to stand by you. If asked.”

That would be the sticking point. The chieftain was almost as stubborn and willful as Brand himself, he was sure. It had taken near death to win Brand over. What would it take for this one?
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:16 am

The shaman looked at brand when he spoke to her “Shaman” she gently corrected him “I’m aware my healing powers aren’t enough... but we are Minotaurs... it would take more then a simple display of strength to earn our loyalty” she said it matter of factly

The Chieftan remained quiet leaned back a bit using his hands to prop himself while his sister worked but at brand mentioning them escaping he shot upright slamming a hand on the ground “We are NOT Escaping!!” He snarled out glaring with killing intent at brand, clearly that touched a nerve

The shaman for her part got knocked back by her brothers sudden action, she was smaller and weaker then he was physically so that much was enough. After she quickly recovered though she spoke in a voice on the edge of cracking in anger “Brother....” when the Chieftan looked down at her she launched her head straight into his snout the sound of cartilage crumpling as the bigger male was floored, Minotaur females had horns just like the males and though the shamans has been rounded down they were still solid as was the head they were attached to.

Once her brother was seeing stars the Shaman turned to Brand “we were forced to flee our village that much is true, but do not insult us by wording it so” she glanced at her brother “we are a warrior race, for us to flee is cowardice, yet if we didn’t our species would die.... surely you can understand the strain all of our group feels for that decision” her hazel eyes went back to the silver dragon “though I wouldn’t be unwilling to ask her it is not a fight she could handle easily, not an orc force as large as the one we faced”

This would strike brand, orcs were certainly among the stronger species to call the forest home but even the strongest of them shouldn’t have been able to handle this shaman before him without something backing them up, and acid was also to unorthodox a means to attack for them
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:44 am

When the chieftain flared up, so did Brand. His wings spread and he bared his teeth...right before the chieftain got laid out. His wings settled a bit but he remained wary of another flare up.

“Acid is a strange weapon for the orcs,” Brand pointed out. “And if the number of orcs was enough to threaten your people...Lady Sapphira must be informed of this immediately. Once they become aware of this place they will almost certainly come here. Are we talking about a horde?”

That gave him pause. An orc horde was nothing to sneeze at.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 pm

The shaman shook her head “the elder is no doubt telling her... it would be difficult to speak about what we are doing here without bringing it up” she frowned looking at her brother’s wound “I can’t say for sure if it was a Horde... but I can think of no other reason for them to attack our village in such numbers with a coordinated assault”

She looked at brand “but I did commune with the dryads and they told me that there does exist an Orc Lord currently” every being who lived in the forest knew about dryads that were the overseers of the forest, nothing happened within its boundaries that they were not atleast aware of. Of course they were very rare to see in person as they only showed themselves when it was absolutely necessary or they were appearing before an individual who held personal interest to them.

The Chieftan finally recovered and groaned sitting up a hand going onto his nose “tch... did you really have to headbutt me?” He grumbled in annoyance and looked at Brand “when we were attacked the scouts estimated the numbers of those that attacked us as being around 1,000” he narrowed his gaze “and there were many times that further out based on the very last report we got before the assault itself”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Brand felt a sinking feeling at that news.

“I might have a little trouble with that many,” he admitted. “Nine Hells...“

He looked around anxiously. Surely this Horde was not all that far away..but their approach would be unmistakable. Unless they were going somewhere else.

“I think I need to go on a wider patrol,” the dragon said. “I will see the pair of you later.”

With that he took to the sky again...almost blowing out their ceremonial fire.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:08 pm

The pair listened to brand though when he took off he would hear the Chieftan curse at him barely at the flame nearly being put out. While he patrolled the sky he found that there weren’t any signs of orcs anywhere close to the village or indeed the forest itself, but wether that was good news or not was questionable at best

—————————

Sapphira for her part would be sitting with the Minotaur elder and Nala and Inuou in her tent, there was only a limited amount of space but each of the four still had their personal space without overlapping. The Minotaur elder has just finished informing the other three about the orcs

Sapphira frowned as she sat there “I see... it’s only a matter of time before they move this way regardless then” she looked at Inuou “what are your thoughts on this Inuou?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:21 pm

“I know little of armies,” the old Kobold said. “But an army needs food, supplies, resources. The forest is a source of all three. We don’t know what their intentions are either. If they have an objective then they might skip us and go on to wherever they’re aiming at. If they come here, though...” he shook his head. “We will be wiped out. This village might be able to hold off raids from bandits but an army...we’d need an army ourselves.”

He shook his head gloomily.

“Even your might cannot face an army alone.”
—————

It would be a few hours before the dragon returned. His wings were a bit sore and he was ravenous. So much so that the Kobolds and Direcats looked good. Instead of eating, though, he reported immediately to Sapphira.

“There is no sign of any orcs, army or scouts, in the forest...nor are there any within twenty miles in any direction. We have time. I don’t know how long, though. The Minotaurs left their foes far behind, it seems.”

She could see the desperate hunger in his eyes. He’d used up a tremendous amount of stamina to fly his patrols and as strong as he was he was barely a teenager.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:07 pm

Sapphira frowned hearing Inuou’s thoughts on it and looked at Nala

Nala perked her ears up at being looked at and spoke “supplying a force of that size would be a monumental task, and orcs aren’t known for their intelligence...“

The elder Minotaur spoke “over all they are indeed not very smart but that is not to say there aren’t individuals that are quite wise and smart, I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying many an enlightening conversation with leaders among the orcs in my years” he shook his head “but they’ve no mind for tactics, and more then resources to maintain it one would need tactics to even gather and properly keep such a large number going.... I’ve spent the nights since our flight thinking it over along with what the shaman told us and I have no doubt. An Orc Lord leads them and so throw out any understanding you may hold about an army of that size”

Nala grimaced hearing the elder and snarled “[Starved]....” she growled out the single word as if she was speaking out a curse then looked at sapphira “an orc lord is a rare occurrence among orcs but they wield a unique skill that is shared with all orcs that serve them. Those under its effects become enthralled by an endless hunger and will devour anything they can get hold of.. and the power of those they devour are added to the over all strength of the orcs forces... wether it’s the monsters they prey upon, or even their own”

———————————————————

Sapphira would dismiss the elders afterwards and stay in what had become her and brands tent. When he came to her and reported she sighed “I see, that is some fortunate news atleast”

Sapphira stared at brand for a short period before speaking “I’d rather you don’t eat any of the villagers you know?” She said it teasingly but stood and stepped before him a hand reaching to pet his head, she was in human form again and naked but she calmly placed her free hand on her chest and gently pulled at her ‘skin’ as it and the fake flesh underneath pulled away to reveal part of the shining sapphire gem that brand knew was her core

“Here, a feast for you” at that her core shined then ejected... several corpses, dead monsters including the previous alpha of the Direcats but other then wounds clearly marking how they were killed each was in a shape as though it were freshly killed as if time had not affected them

With that done sapphira pulled away to give brand room “I’m going to speak to the Minotaur about naming them, I spoke with the elder and besides their strength they also have skills that could help our village in the long run so I hope they will stay with us” she shrugged “but I’ll probably go straight to sleep mode after naming all six of them so I’m going to leave command of the villlage to you, Inuou, and Nala alright?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:18 am

Brands mouth was already full of fresh meat so he just nodded and kept his attention on his meal. There was a great deal of tearing and swallowing involved. It wouldn’t be until later that the weight of leadership would hit him. This would be followed by a kind of controlled panic.

Good meat. But you know what would go good with meat? Milk.

He really was curious what the Minotaur girls would look like. Flirting with the Kobold chieftain’s daughter was fun and all...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay