Suspicious Adoption

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Suspicious Adoption

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:03 am

The sun shone in through the windows of a small bedroom beams hitting the head of a figure just right to make them twitch and try to hide form the suns light. A protesting groan muffled under the covers turning over in the creaky bed trying to ignore it, trying to go back to sleep...but after a few moments of just laying their they sighed. "Ugh fine Monday's you win, I'll get up", she grumbled though held up her fist in a dramatic fashion. "But don't get confident! You can't fool me pretending to be all good cause your all sunny after a few days of rain! Ha! I know your evil tricks Monday", pausing for a moment to laugh at herself a little stretching out and getting herself ready. Taylor was her name, a spunky and high energy girl, brown hair cute short in a pixie cut and was an all around tomboy. Preferring a sporty and perhaps boyish style, though she had some feminine flare still to it, she didn't really care about labels though. Today felt like any other day so far well...as any day in an orphanage can be.

Years ago she was made an orphan when her parents, aunt and uncle and cousins left for a family reunion. The only reason she didn't go was because she got sick and stayed with a babysitter...the plane crashed and like that she was alone. With no surviving family left that was capable and no wills Taylor was put into the care of the state, living in the orphanage ever since, she had long grieved and got back her positive attitude knowing her family would want her to be happy.

"Alright better hurry up before breakfast starts without me", she said to herself picking out her outfit, going with a pair of faded jeans, red t-shirt and a gray hoodie, slipping on some sneakers and chucking her backpack over her shoulder running down the stairs to the dining room.
If you want to have a roleplay together, click on the link below to see my seeking page
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30866
Virgo13
???

Re: Suspicious Adoption

Postby Darian » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:14 am

On her way down to the room, she would get a glimpse of a stranger in the orphanage. A tall, beautiful woman with a full figure and a head of black hair tied behind her in a bun. Her skin was very tanned, and her eyes couldn't be seen behind a pair of dark sunglasses. She was dressed in a black suit shirt along with a black skirt that went to her knees. There was a red pattern of what looked like strange symbols sewn into the collar of the jacket she wore, and that flowed down her side and the skirt... for all the formality of the outfit, it was clear this was no cheap suit worn by a government agent, for all she could pull off the professional look. There were golden earrings glittering next to her face... and Taylor could see inch long glittering red stones shaped like daggers set into the gold. Actual rubies?!

But for all that Taylor might see a right potential parent, or a beautiful woman... the hairs on the back of her neck would rise, and a shiver would run up her spine. She could feel the woman's eyes on her, and instantly felt that this woman was DANGEROUS. some instinctive part of her brain was telling her something was off about the woman... that she was looking at something that could and would kill her if she crossed it.

The woman raised an eyebrow at her, then turned and walked into the room where meetings with the headlady were held.

Rumors spread fast about adults at the orphanage, and this was no exception. Plenty of kids wanted to be adopted, but some potential adults were... less desirable. It seemed that the mysterious woman was a mixed bag.

"So rich! I think those clothes were silk, and they HAD to be custom made-"
"Scary lady. Looked at me like she was chopping me up for parts-"
"Her nails were so polished, and she looked so pretty..."

"Reminded me of some Yakuza women. I'm staying FAR away from her, and you should to."
"Might be a cop... she was so serious."
"Oh serious trouble, yeah. cops don't make enough to flash that much gold..."

The woman could be seen around the house for the rest of the day, but many kids knew better than to approach someone who the Orphanage owners hadn't cleared yet... but she hadn't been kicked out, either.
Last edited by Darian on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:40 am

"Huh? What's going on?", Taylor asked aloud though no one heard her as she came down the stairs peaking from the banister till she got to the floor and saw the stranger. She stood gawking as everyone else did marveling at her style of dress and how beautiful she was, but more then that was the air of mystery around her, was she...here to adopt? Or perhaps make a donation? Such thoughts entered her mind that was until she locked eyes with her, making Taylor flinch from the overwhelming sense of danger that came over her. Intrigue and fear all at once to which she just shook it off once the woman left.

She listened as everyone talked about the woman but one of the caretakers came in to break up the commotion, "Everyone please relax just a guest here, those of you who normally have school are gonna be staying home today we already called the school so just act like its another Sunday", she said. This normally didn't happen less a lot of potential parents were coming to meet with them on a weekday but so far it just seemed like the one lady.

Curious...but no one would complain, after breakfast Taylor just ignored the woman pretending like it was Sunday it actually gave her a chance to double check her homework, some kids coming to her for help when she was done which she was happy to do.

"Taylor wanna play some basketball?", some of the other kids asked she nodding her head.

"I'll be right there let me just go put this stuff away", meaning her backpack running up to her room to put it away for tomorrow.
If you want to have a roleplay together, click on the link below to see my seeking page
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 am

(I just had an idea for a way to make her super-suspicious already. I had hoped Taylor to fearlessly walk up to the lady, but this is even better.)

Taylor might catch glimpses of the woman as the day went on. Normally there would be a group of adults for an adoption visit... or single visits were scheduled at least a week in advance. But the strange woman in black seemed to be looking around the orphanage the day she arrived. Whispers followed her everywhere... and no-one had ever seen her take off her sunglasses.

However, at the end of the day, one of the Caretakers would come up to Taylor after dinner.

"Taylor dear, would you mind washing your hands and coming to the headlady's office? She wants to speak to you."

When Taylor did, she would find the headlady in the office... along with the woman.

"Taylor, this is Nalari Juuzan." the headlady gestures to the woman, who has the same cool expression on her face... and her sunglasses on. But Ms. Juuzan actually smiles a bit when she sees Taylor. "She's offered to adopt you, Taylor!"
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:46 am

Taylor throughout the day just acted like normal that's what they were supposed to do but at the same time normally people asked questions, adults would be encouraged to interact and get to know the kids. But this woman wasn't doing that she was just watching them, still she wasn't gonna be rude a couple of times she'd offer to get her something either to not get a reply or just something very curt responses with like a nod or a shake. The most curious were those sunglasses though and why she kept them on.

Still she made the best of the day that was until she was pulled aside and asked to head to the office. "Um okay", she replied wondering if she did something, she couldn't think of anything though...well only one way to find out.

A quick trip to a bathroom to wash her hands and before long she was in the office with that woman once again, figuring out her name, "Ur hello there", she said with a small nod expression changing to pure shock at the reveal. "Wait really?", she didn't know what to say the woman didn't say much of anything to her all day. "Umm not that I'm not happy to be adopted but why me? And isn't this going a little fast?"
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:40 am

(sorry, had to go out of town)

Nalari's smile grows wider at Taylor's question.

"It is a little quick, Taylor... but I have a talent for seeing... the potential of things and people." The woman leans forward and tilts her sunglasses down with one manicured finger. Her eyes meet Taylor's and the girl would see that Ms. Juuzan has very pretty brown eyes. They have a glint to them, like she knows something Taylor doesn't, and aren't telling. She doesn't seem cruel though...
"I've been looking at all the children in this orphanage for the better part of a day, seeing which kid, if any, would have the most potential to both be happy with me, and make me happy."

She reaches out and boops Taylor's nose.

"That's you, Taylor." Nalari has a cheeky grin on her face, a bit at odds with the stern, all business-professional she seems. Indeed, the caretaker is looking wide eyed at Ms. Juuzan's tone, like she hadn't expected her to speak that way.
"Of course, I know I need to prove it to you." Nalari leans back and looks over Taylor again, seeming to be watching her reaction. "I can't really do that here... so the obvious solution is to take you anywhere else, right now."

"Th-the paperwork-" the caretaker tries to speak up, but Nalari cuts her off without even glancing at the woman.

"It'll be taken care off before the day is out." Her expression doesn't shift an inch, and she speaks with utter certainty, and dismisses the mound of paperwork like it's nothing. The caretaker actually backs down, utterly cowed by Ms. Juuzan.

The pretty woman, if intimidating woman, keeps her eyes on Taylor. "Well, Taylor? would you like to get out of this place, and see how happy you can be? You have my word... I will never abandon you, if you accept me."

It's super suspicious... the paperwork should take at least a WEEK to process, but Nalari seems confident that it'll get handled in a day. But at the same time... she seems really friendly now! in fact, Taylor might notice that one knee is trembling... For all her cool, Ms. Juuzan is nervous. She really wants to adopt Taylor! but... would she make a good mom?
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:12 pm

To say Taylor was stunned by such a bold display would be an understatement, standing a little tense flinching some from the surprise boop to her nose that shook her out of the stupor some. She just observed Nalari with equal parts stupor, confusion but...underlying curiosity. The woman no longer being all business she even seemed kind of fun or like she was trying to appear as out going as possible to get Taylor to agree to this outlandish idea. But...she didn't know why but a huge part of her was incredibly curious if she could really pull this off in a day, she had to get approved not just by the caretakers but her application had to be approved by offices outside of the orphanages including a judge from a family court.

Taylor stared directly into her eyes now, no longer avoid eye contact stepping up seeing the nervous shake in her knee as she narrowed her own pretty blue eyes, "Hmm", she hummed thinking it over with crossed arms. "If you can really get everything done in a day...then okay", she stated no doubt surprising the caretaker some.

"I mean don't get me wrong this is incredibly weird and a little suspicious", she said with an apologetic bluntness and in a matter of fact manner. "But, staring in your eyes I see that you mean it, and if you really are that confident you can get this all done then I know your telling the truth and I guess overall I'm really really curious", she admitted with a carless rub to the back of her head.

"Your so mysterious but that's kind of exciting y'know?"

((it's all good I was also out of town))
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 pm

"ooo, a challenge." Nalari's grin grows as Taylor calls her weird, suspicious, and mysterious. "Well, I better rush things through... all we need is your signature here, then-" the woman's hand snatches the one sheet out of a massive pile, and holds it out to Taylor. "and then all you need to do is get your stuff packed and meet me at the door. I'll handle the rest and make some calls to get things moving... and then we can go places, sweet thing."

... yes, that IS the one place Taylor has to sign to accept Ms. Juuzan as her legal guardian... wow, she is cool!

Nalari's eyes are dancing, and she has a pen in hand.

Taylor might have sudden flashbacks to any number of fairy tales about signing contracts with evil spirits... but Nalari seems genuinely excited by her.
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:01 am

Taylor wasn't sure what to think of Nalari but she supposed she'd find out the poor caretaker left flabbergasted upon Nalari just so happened to take the right paper for Taylor to sign. She opened her mouth and extended a finger as if to say something but just sighed, she had a doubtful look on her face. Taylor looked over the paper some, then looked to Ms. Juuzan, wordlessly she takes the pen and signed her name on the line.

Indeed she did have such flashbacks though she couldn't fathom why, looking Nalari one more time, then handing the paper back. "I'll go get packed then and go say my goodbyes", she said waving her off to exit the room while the caretaker sighed.

"You mean to say you think you can get this approved in less then an hour? If it doesn't play out your the one who will break the news to Taylor not me", she said the woman not confidant.

Meanwhile Taylor did as she said she was going to, she didn't have much that was her own other then the clothes on her back and some books and toys, she took her time though as she too was a little doubtful about this working out, so she packed light, figuring she could get new clothes anyway and left most of her stuff that didn't fit in a backpack for the others.

Backpack that got her thinking what about school? That was another thing Nalari had to deal with...hmm she would keep an open mind even still. After that came the goodbyes, the hugs, the cries of those she grew with, but in an hours time she was ready and headed for the door unsure if she'd see Nalari there or not.
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:50 am

(Inspired/motivated! Don't feel rushed, and break when you need to.)
*In the office*
Taylor wouldn't hear the following conversation.

Nalari Juuzan pushed her glasses back up on her face, and began the process of filling out the rest of the paperwork, her hand practically a blur.
"Ma'am, I've dealt with far more complicated and touchy systems than this. You should be worried about how you're going to fill out your paperwork in that amount of time. I'll have a courier standing by to have it delivered to the appropriate departments. Besides... I know you like to keep things discreet. This is no different than all those other times you've asked my company to find new homes quickly. This is merely a personal job, not a sponsored one."

Her other hand pulled out the phone and started dialing.

"Just make the check up calls in a week, and you'll never have to worry about Taylor again. You know I keep my word when children are involved."

A threat, a reassurance... or merely a reminder? Who could say... as any further conversation was lost in bureaucratic speedrunning.

*At the door of the orphanage*

Nalari waited at the door with a big smile on her face. Next to her stood the caretaker looking stunned and holding a tall pile of paperwork on her hands, completely filled out.

The woman kept her distance as Taylor said goodbye to all the other kids, but Taylor could feel her eyes on her the instant she stepped into sight.

An official government courier was headed out the door, and Nalari knelt down and handed Taylor a sheet of paper as her smile seemed to grow wider.

It was an approved, notated, official adoption certificate, with both their names on it. Ms. Juuzan held up the parent's copy with perhaps the biggest shit eating grin Taylor had seen on an adult.
"Hey, we match." She said cheekily.
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Taylor found herself standing there in surprise she was fully expecting she'd be told that Nalari got a little too excited and that she would have to wait, but low and behold there she stood with an exhausted looking caretaker, a government courier heading out the door and a piece off paper in her hand with a positive smile.

"Huh...guess we do", Taylor said blinking a little unsure what more to say. "So its really all done then...I'm adopted...huh feels weird to say right now for some reason guess because it just happened so fast I'm still processing", she replied back in bit of a snarky tone of her own but all in good fun.

"I guess its time for us to go then, uhh mom...sorry its gonna sound awkward for a bit", she apologized with shy little shrug and blush smiling though all the same.
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:41 pm

"No, no, that's fine. We do still have to get to know each other after all." The woman stood back up, and held up one finger. "You don't have to call me mom yet if it makes you feel weird... but I insist you at least call me Nalari. Never ever Miss, Ma'am, and especially not Ms. Juuzan." She's serious, but in a joking manner. "I get enough of that in my job!"

She stands a moment, looking Taylor over up and down behind her glasses. For a second, Taylor might feel like a piece of meat or a freshly caught rabbit... then Nalari laughs and bodily scoops the girl up in her arms, squeezing her to her chest and most of her breath out of her lungs!

"This is going to be so incredible, Taylor!" Nalari declares happily, spinning the girl around her in a circle twice. The woman is shockingly strong for someone who doesn't have any obvious muscle, and she doesn't even seem to notice that she's swinging Taylor's backpack as well. Thankfully her chest is... soft.

At last Taylor will find herself on solid ground again, the not-so-scary-now woman opening the door and waving her through. "Come on, let's get going! if you don't, I'll carry you out of here like a baby!"

Outside is not just a car, but a black and red supercar. Every inch of it says "I'm fast and dangerous".
There red bits are actually snakes along the sides and window frames... much like Nalari's dress, the fancy accents are subtle yet eyecatching, and very expensive. More than meets the eye...

(Nalari will totally carry Taylor down the path if she takes a moment too long to stare at the car. Have her hesitate a moment if you think it would be fun!)
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:07 pm

Taylor was relieved at that this whole being adopted thing was going to take some time with her more so with just how fast the process was. Taylor eyed her when Nalari stared her up and down again she got a slight...forboding feeling but that quickly went away when in the blink of an eye she smothered her face right into her soft and large chest. Spun around and all breath knocked out of her lungs making her dizzy from the force of it that when she was put down she stumbled a little. Hair a mess from the ordeal but she shook it off and put herself back together face a little flushed from the very public display of affection.

She took a moment to collect herself walking outside she hadn't known what to expect, but it certainly wasn't this...staring at the very nice, very fast looking and very expensive super car. Noting the snake like design, seemed her new guardian favored snakes a lot...just who was this woman adopting her and what was she getting into?

She was so taken away by the process, the hug and now this super car that she didn't hear her warning about being carried like a baby as she took a moment to just stare at the car walking really slow in hesitation.
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:02 am

Really, Taylor should have kept a better eye on Nalari rather than the car. After about five seconds, a shadow would fall over the girl and Taylor would be swept off her feet. Nalari would be far more gentle this time, cradling Taylor to her chest like a baby, with one hand holding her legs and the other supporting her head against her chest.

"Too slow, sweet thing." Nalari smiles down at Taylor as she carries her toward the car. What a sight she must be now, a teenager being carried around like an infant! Surely all the other kids back at the orphanage who see this will be laughing.

Nalari walks around to the passenger side of the car and simply says "Passenger door open," and the door swings open! Nalari leans into the car sets Taylor into the seat, and reaches over to begin buckling her in. She still has the same cheeky smile on her face, that looks far more sly because of her sunglasses. Still, if Taylor insists on buckling herself up, Nalari will relent.
There is such a thing as too much affection.

"Well, lets get on our way!" Nalari declares happily as she slips into the drivers seat and pulls on her own seatbelt. "Where do you want to go? I've got the whole week off, so we have at least that long to get you settled in. We can go to my- our house right now... or if you want to go someplace, anywhere in the nation, just say the word."

Wait, did she say NATION?
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 am

"Ah! Hey what are you-", she started to say when all of a sudden she was picked up again interrupted when a hand came up to support her head and hold it closer to Nalari's chest. She squirmed around some hearing the laughter and giggles of others, here she was being carried off like a baby and just because she paid little attention. Her face burning bright but unable to get herself out of the hold, placed inside the passenger seat when the door opened.

Taylor was quick to grab the seat belt from her though before she could put it on for her, "I got it", she mumbled pouting though to Nalari it no doubt came off quite cute the embarrassed little pout of teen still trying to be independent. Door soon closed and before they knew it there were some rather strong choices.

"Nation?", Taylor asked looking over to her perplexed. "So you mean to say if I wanted to go to New York City right now we'd just go?", she asked with a tilted head. "Umm I'm not asking that, just...clarifying what you meant", twiddling her fingers some. "And uhh really I'm fine with anything seeing my new home or going to some fun places to get to know you better and just do something different".
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Nalari hesitates a moment, her hand on the key.

"Ah... yeah, we could." The woman admits. "I guess that's a bit much for the first day though, isn't it? Sometimes my job has me travel across the country, so I can get anywhere pretty easily. Less so now though-" Here she looks back at Taylor. "I didn't just take a week off of work. I've made arrangements so that I won't have to travel much anymore. I will sometimes have to leave for a day, but I promise I'll get back to the house, and you, as often as possible."

Nalari's face is very earnest at this... she sounds like she means it.

"Anyway, it probably would be a better idea to stick close to home for the moment..." Nalari muses... then nods. "Yeah, lets show you the house first... or I can get you something good on the way? What's your favorite treat? We can get both of our favorites!" She seems excited at the prospect.

(I haven't really made up much about the town, feel free to either point out things or have Taylor stare longingly at something that catches her eye.)
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:26 am

Ah that was making more sense to Taylor now listening to all what Nalari had to say to her. Leaning back more relaxed in her seat or as relaxed as she could be sitting in an expensive car like this. She could only wonder what her new home was going to be like feeling more and more like little orphan annie. Save for the red curly hair and singing.

"I was joking anyway", Taylor said with a laugh a hand on her neck as she thought about it. "I would like to see your...urr our home yeah, though well I do love Dairy Queen quite a bit, so I wouldn't mind stopping there for lunch and ice cream", she said getting more comfortable or at least attempting to with Nalari.

((alrighty that I shall do))
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm

"Dairy Queen it is, then!" Nalari turns the key and the car hums to life. "I actually like chinese quite a bit... though it has to be the good kind. I admit, I've never had Dairy Queen for lunch though... I'll give it a shot. Afterward, we'll pick up some of my favorite dessert."

It's a bit amusing to see the well dressed Nalari eating a hamburger... she obviously doesn't think much of the taste, saying that it's probably better to get burgers from a place that specializes in them... still, she does like the milkshake she gets quite a bit.
Rather stranger is that Nalari doesn't have any trouble taking enormous bites of the burger... it's a little unnerving to see large lumps squeezing down her throat. Given the way Nalari is smirking at Taylor, she's doing it to tease the girl.
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 pm

"I like their chicken strip basket and blizzards, ice cream is always a favorite sweet of mine", Taylor said listening on as Nalari expressed her favorite. "I like chinese a lot too so we can get that together sometime", she said but soon enough they were driving away. She stared out at the window passing by random buildings she stared out at the mall and movie theater never having much of a chance to go. There were tall buildings offices and corporations, not long till they got to the Dairy Queen where she ordered the chicken strip basket with extra country gravy.

She munches on it eagerly looking over though to see Nalari taking particularly large bites...she can't help but get an eerie feeling the way she looked at her when eating but brushed it off. She took her mind off it though and went back to looking outside while eating, a large park with a fountain people walking around with dogs and each other.
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:53 pm

"How about we go to a mall tomorrow?" Nalari asks in an offhand manner. "Do some shopping, maybe see a movie when we're done... just to pick up anything you need for the moment."

The woman then follows Taylor's gaze. "We can take a walk, if you want to work off lunch." She seems happy at the thought. "We're not in a big rush to get home, and I figure you'll have plenty of time to get used to the house."

It's a bit... intimidating that Nalari is watching her so closely... but then, they have just met, and it seems that Nalari wishes to learn about her. Still, the woman is giving her lots of choices and might back off if Taylor asks her to.
Darian
???

Next

Return to Private Roleplay