Suspicious Adoption

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Suspicious Adoption

Postby Virgo13 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Taylor didn't mind the affection, she wasn't used to getting so much from one person admittedly, but she was growing more and more used to it. Watching and laughing at the movie while eating popcorn and leaning up against her body. That was till she mentioned the door with the fancy lock.

"Yeah I noticed it", she confirmed her attention turning to Nalari with a tilted head and quirked brow that seemed...really suspicious. "Why not? I can keep secrets", she stated her curiosity really starting to peak at this point.
If you want to have a roleplay together, click on the link below to see my seeking page
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30866
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:07 pm

"It's business stuff. My job, without getting into messy details, is that I find hard to find things for very rich people, who also like to keep things very private." Nalari says with a slight roll of her eyes.
"It's nothing interesting or illegal, but the big thing is that I can't actually let anyone see what I'm keeping for my customers down there, just like I can't tell anyone without a warrant about who my customers are." She waves her hands a bit to show how annoying the whole situation is.

"And, that, sadly, includes you for the moment. If there's one important rule in this house, it's this..." Here she locks eyes with Taylor again, and this time there's a hint of the dangerous sharp being she saw back at the orphanage.

"Don't go into the basement."

Then Nalari smirks. "It's really just a legal requirement. I'll show you what's down there in a few years, when you're legally an adult and can sign papers... if you aren't to sick of me by then."

Just like that, the danger is gone again.

"And the second rule is: knock before you enter the bedroom door at night. I have a terrible bedhead, and I want at least a moment before you see me looking really monstrous in the morning or at night."
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Taylor blinked back in surprise when she got that dangerous feeling again, her job sounded so vague, and it made her just oh so curious about what was down there. But seeing that look in her eye made her know that she was going to be in serious trouble if ever she did go down...or got caught. She felt she could curb her curiosity for now.

"Alright I won't go down", she said with a nod and would remember what she said about knocking on the door.

"Alright umm so then anything else I should know about this place or about you?", Taylor would ask with a curious tilt of her head.

((guess whose back? back again? tis I!))
If you want to have a roleplay together, click on the link below to see my seeking page
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 pm

(So happy you're back! I'mma do a little timeskip just to keep things moving along.)

"Oh, plenty, but we have all the time in the world for stuff like that." Nalari smirks at Taylor. "For now, this next bit is my favorite reaction from Loki!"

As the Hulk smashed through the gate to the arena, Nalari allowed herself to relax again and open up a bit more to Taylor, enjoying the company and the movie. Apparently, she had a soft spot for human heroes... ones who weren't incredibly powerful but overcame tough odds through trickery... or determination. She did think that the portrayal of thor as a bit of a blowhard at first was a nice touch. "True to character" whatever that meant.

They talked a bit about movies they might watch later, or trips they might take in the coming week, but nothing serious was planned.

Soon however... it was time for bed. They washed up and left the robots to do the dishes... and Taylor was given one last goodnight hug and left alone in her new room. She was told that all she had to do if she needed anything was to knock on Nalari's door at night... or try asking one of the robots.

The problem was... her room was new. She could see the forest outside the window, and the shadows and shapes simply weren't familiar enough for Taylor to sleep. Perhaps it was the new environment... perhaps it was the suddenness of the move.
Perhaps she was a little scared of the dark.
Either way, she wasn't able to sleep right...
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:19 am

(Ugh I say I'm back then go out of town for awhile ^^;)

Taylor still had odd feelings about her new mother but she just figured that was because she was in a new environment a new place and had a lot to get used to in her time. Finishing the movie and making note of the odd comment, but perhaps Nalari just read up on mythology or something. Before long it was time for bed and she was shown where to wash up and told where to go if she needed anything.

Taylor was rather confident at first that she was going to be fine, getting comfortable in her new bed and trying to fall asleep...key word being "trying".

She tossed, she turned, groaning softly and getting uneasy every now and again. It...was unnerving for some reason, a reason she couldn't explain. An odd shape would make her nervous only for her to tell herself it was nothing and try to fall back asleep. She went on like this for awhile before she finally gave up.

Getting up from bed, wearing simple pajama's, pajama pants that were light blue and a purple tank top. She got up and started to peer out into the hall...maybe a glass of warm milk or water would calm her nerves? Heading out to the kitchen on her own though still feel nervous...like someone was watching her everywhere she went...
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:24 pm

(hey, no problem. I get it stuff happens! Especially with the plague on.)

The house was indeed much creepier at night... even with all the fancy windows, the dark forest outside cast intimidating shadows. Taylor could only imagine what this place would be like on a cloudy night... black as pitch.

It felt a bit like... well, she was alone in a cabin deep in the woods. A perfect horror movie setting.

She was able to get to the milk easily enough... but the rooms felt strange, and the hallways sterile. She supposed the Jetty and Beep kept everything clean... but it didn't quite feel like home yet.

However, despite all the creepy sensations she was getting, one memory crept into her head.

"I keep the door closed, but I don't mind you knocking in the middle of the night."
Darian
???

Postby Virgo13 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 am

Grabbing the milk and warming it up she sighed softly looking around the house...she just told herself over and over it was only because she was new to this home. She was used to the close quarters of the orphanage with other children around. It was just her and her new guardian now and that was something to get used to.

All the same Taylor couldn't help but wonder why she felt so unnerved it was like she was in a horror movie expecting a monster to appear. She recalled the memory and wondered about that...about going to her door...but she didn't want to seem like some little kid either.

Taylor slowly made her way back up the stairs but in doing so she paused at the door...putting an ear to it to see if the person on the other side was asleep.
Virgo13
???

Postby Darian » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 am

(SO happy to see you again! Sorry I didn't respond fast... things are a bit crazy. Want a synopsis of what I had planned? I think I remember.)

Taylor had to strain her ears, but she could hear something on the other side of the door... a soft sighing sound, like wind... like...

something BIG breathing, asleep just beyond the door.

Something that was bigger than Nalari, tall and well build as she was.

But... maybe it was a trick of the wind? And... maybe she snored?

Whatever Taylor thought, she did remember that her new adoptive parent had asked her to knock first... but she could try sneaking a peek... but should she?
Darian
???

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay