Space RP (Kristoph1344 and Darian)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Space RP (Kristoph1344 and Darian)

Postby Darian » Sat May 02, 2020 12:37 am

Terran ships would slowly arrive into the system. This was the Glacien 13th fleet, compromised of scores of frigates and corvettes, several battle cruisers and destroyers, and the mainstay of the fleet... A Dreadnought known as the "Heaven's Wrath." It was obvious that these were ships designed for war, yet their weapons remained powered down. A sign of parlay.

They had just arrived out of hyperspace, and the ships hummed as they slowly made their approach towards the crystal station and "Meeting Moon". Rune stood on the bridge, rubbing his chin as he stared out towards the crystalline station. This whole situation was... Unprecedented. A Xenos race had contacted them and offered to engage in talks regarding a primitive human civilization that lay within their space, while it wasn't unheard of discovering primitive humans or even lost colonies, the fact that a Xenos had *contacted them* about it was.

"Sir, all ships accounted for. Proceeding with caution." Meredith spoke, breaking the silence. Meredith, like all Glaciens, would have a thick germanic accent, some found this attractive, others found it annoying. "All hands stand by, and be on alert... We have no idea what these Xenos are, or if they're genuine with their intentions. Be ready for anything. We are not here to start a war, but be ready in case they are." Rune said, his voice reaching all on the bridge who hurried to their stations. The Glacien fleet was the closest to the frontier due to their assignments of protecting frontier worlds from potential invasion, so they were acting as a part of the diplomatic envoy to meet the Star Elves. Much to the disapproval of Rune, he and his staff were acting as the envoys on orders from the Terran Council.

Rune stared out, seemingly lost in thought. He had limited encounters with Xenos, and he wasn't sure of what to expect, and it was that uncertainty that made him anxious. The young commander would look over to the Lieutenant who was looking at the various data that kept pouring onto her screen. "A very strong crystalline structure, sir... I would wager it would be resistant to our laser weapons. Mass drivers would likely be more effective." She'd say, looking up to him as he nodded. Her superior was able to hide his anxiety, unlike her... The look in her eyes was all Rune needed to see as he look into them. He would lay a hand on her shoulder. "You're doing well, Lieutenant. Just focus. I'm sure we can all walk away from this without harm." He said, she would sigh, nodding. "Yes sir... I'm just--... Nervous. The thought of entering combat is still-" She started, but was cut off by Rune. "We all are, Meredith. You are still green compared to most of my crew, but I wouldn't have had you transferred to my fleet if I didn't see potential in you." He said, attempting to firmly reassure her. "Now... All vessels, slow your speeds. Lieutenant Aaberg, open all channels and attempt to hail the station." Rune ordered.

Meredith quickly nodded, her amethyst eyes quickly scanning over her monitor as she typed and opened all available channels on their ship. "Channels open, sir. Attempting to hail. Sir... I-"
Rune would soften his stern gaze for a moment. "Be easy, Mere... Remember your training." He said, reassuringly before looking ahead at the blank screen, and waited.

The Hopeful Home hung in it's new spot above the Evergreen Moon. It even a new home like this, only a thousand years old, the station was out of place... it had been meant to appear on the borders of their empire... a greeting of splendor to the small, barbaric races of the outer stars.

Now it was deep within the space of the Astella Unum, and Telluria Melbareth stood on one of the few viewing balconies of the station... her eyes fixed on the approaching grey dots in the blackness.

"For a knight in training, it's good you remember how to slip away quietly. You still have to work on actually hiding though."

A more grizzled elf in a dark cloak seemed to fade into existence behind Telluria, who glances at him, one eyebrow raising in surprise. "Byron... forgive my lapse. I merely needed to gaze upon them myself."

The older elf idly scratches his beard, only recently trimmed. "It would be easier with the scrying screens. But I understand the need to get away from the city Elders in this kind of situation. The Sage will keep them in line, though."

"Yes... she is a far more equipped to handle a gathering like this..." Telluria murmured... finding her eyes drawn back to the stars and the approaching ships. "I worry that I am not. The guards are stronger warriors than I, the Sage a better speaker with a fairer voice, and my Weaving is-"

"You are still the best Blade Weaver of your generation, Telluria... and do you really seek to compare yourself to your Elders? You are wise enough to know that is foolishness. But let an old hunter share you a different reassurance, young one:" Byron patted the elf girl on the shoulder. "This entire situation is new... and it may be that younger eyes may see things a weathered eye will pass over. Take faith in that... and that your strength is not just in your blade, but your kindness. Telluria has proven quite popular to those under Astellan rule. The Tabun and the Floran like you well enough."

"The Tabun have been under our rule for millenia, and the Floran only accept me because of my strength! The humans are far more intelligent and passionate in their fury..." Telluria shakes her head again. "I am frightened of this, Byron... if things should go wrong... I fear the consequences will be monstrous."

"Such is the way of all things that could go wrong. We will do the best we can." Byron rubs her shoulder again. "Have faith. Now come. They will be greeting us soon. The Sage wishes for you to be there."

Telluria
Spoiler: show

The Viewscreen of the "Heaven's Wrath" would begin to flicker for a moment. glowing gold with light... that would slowly form into an image of what seems like an entry hall... one made out of marble and lined with gold. Standing in rows are an assemblage of beautiful, humanoid aliens... and they are beautiful. Whether with delicate curves or strong angles, each of them seems perfectly shaped... imperial and aloof, in a way, even though the styles of their clothing varies greatly.

Of note is a few figures standing in the center of the varied assemblages. These figures wear the same outfit... billowing white robes that are remarkably plain and whose hoods cover their faces. Save for the largest figure, in the very center.
Her hood is thrown back, revealing a fine face with long, pointed ears and a jewel... one shaped much like the station itself, affixed to her forehead.

"Greetings, newcomers. I am Alliana Eiwa, Sage and the Master of this Home. I offer all who come here hospitality and shelter in my own name... and it is under my watch that all official talks between the Astella Unum and the Confederation shall take place. However, it is tradition that arrivals to such meetings take rest from their travels and enjoy the hospitality of their hosts. A meal and entertainment has been prepared for all who wish to enter the Hopeful Home... I shall greet those who come personally, and allow our two peoples to mingle. If you wish to make your own camp, an area has been selected on the moon below, for your troops to make camp and explore to their hearts content. Our people shall guide and protect you wherever you choose to go."

There are many elves looking at the bridge crew now... Meredith would get a sinking feeling that it wasn't only crew and guards at the screen. Some of them are dressed so differently, they must be factional representatives! (An elf in a slinky white dress with a silver sword might catch her eyes...)

Rune was stone-faced as he was greeted with the sight of these regal humanoids. In honesty, he was deeply surprised at just how... Civilized they looked. The crew on the bridge of the Heaven's Wrath stared at the screen with awe and intent. Meredith was standing next to Rune, and she was visibly in awe at how majestic these beings looked.

Rune appeared as a young man, standing proudly on the bridge with his hands folded behind his back. His short white hair was pulled back with a lock of bangs drooping near his right eye. He and many of his crew had amethyst colored eyes that was uncharacteristic of most humans, though some of his crew had blue eyes. He had a single scar that crossed from his left brow, and nicking the lower bridge of his nose and cutting his right cheek slightly. Aside from this blemish, his face was fair and handsome. He wore a white officer's uniform with blue trim, and a gray mantle that draped over the back of his shoulders.

The woman next to him wore a similar yet less extravagant uniform, but was beautiful. Her supple form with subtle curves was a steep contrast to Rune's strong and somewhat brutish figure. Her platinum blonde hair was dressed in a twisted side braid. Her eyes glimmered like gemstones as she scanned the screen in front of her with her commander, her eyes locking onto the Elf wearing a white dress with an ornate silver sword at her side. Meredith's freckled cheeks would become a faint pink as she quickly averted her eyes to compose herself.

When Rune spoke, he spoke with a voice of authority, but respect. "Greetings, Sage-Master Alliana. I am Sky-Captain Rune von Rhennvarr, commander of the Glacien 13th Fleet, of the Terran Navy. On behalf of the entire Terran Confederation, I express sincere gratitude to your people's hospitality and generosity. We hope that this meeting will be the beginning of friendly relations between Terra and the Astella Unum. Myself and my staff will be coming personally to introduce ourselves and speak with you. My second, Lieutenant Meredith Aaberg, will also be accompanying me."

The woman next to him stepped forward slightly, and bowed humbly. "I look forward to this meeting and the blossoming of mutual friendships." She would say with a thick but adorable accent. Her words sounded a bit forced through her anxiety, and she would quickly gulp as she stepped back to allow for Rune to continue.

"We will be docking shortly. The majority of my crew will stay on board their ships, but I believe my Sergeant Major has expressed a desire to allow some of the cadets and marines for fresh air and drills if you wouldn't mind." He'd say, "We will be ending our transmission as we prepare to dock. Again, I express gratitude to you and your people for allowing the meeting to take place." He'd say, giving a short informal bow before the feed would end.

-----

"They looked so... Elegant." Meredith would mutter, as she walked alongside Rune to the hangar. "I am as surprised as you are. Usually when they speak of Xenos, they are ugly, scaled, and vile beings... But these-- Dare I say that they are beautiful?" Rune would say, seemingly questioning the thought. "Our species and theirs certainly share similar traits, perhaps there are similar goals, as well?" Mere asked, looking up to him as they boarded a shuttle.
"Perhaps." He said simply, as the shuttle began to leave the ship, beginning it's final approach to the meeting place.

(REPOST COMPLETE)
Last edited by Darian on Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Re: Space RP (Kristoph1344 and Darian)

Postby Darian » Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 am

There were murmurings in the scrying room, after the image faded.

"So small, so stiff! They were a little cute though..."

"Cute nothing, those are all warships! Did those barbarians bring no diplomats to a peaceful meeting?!"

"There must be some diplomats, and do not judge them for bringing warriors to such a meeting! They have every right to be cautious... can you imagine what it would be like if we had met the Araknidorians instead of the lovely Tapu when we first sailed the stars?"

"Well, I'm not going be leaving my knife behind-"

"Come then, lets take up positions. The meal should be interesting."

The humans are allowed to take as many or as few people as they can shuttle to the marked entrance. Upon arrival, they are directed to several floating rings... the crystal fades away where the rings line up, as if through an optical illusion.

The shuttles land in what seems less like a hangar and more like a fancy dock within a castle itself, the piers made of stone and metal. Upon disembarking, there is an Elf at the far end of the hangar, before an open archway. She wears a robe like that of the Sage, and there is a similar crystal broach on her chest.

"I am a servant of the Sage, and a host to you as her guests. I will answer any questions you have, and direct you to the meal hall. The meal will be very informal, and all guests, including our brothers and sisters, will enter at the same time. The Sage will be seated at the center of the room, but other than that, there is no seating arrangement... you may sit where you wish, and talk with whomever you please. Regarding weapons..." the elf glances at any armed personnel... even if they have hidden weapons. "You may bring them into the hall, but they must be placed upon your seat or table openly. Do not draw them in anger. This is a welcoming feast... pray leave all fear and prickled pride behind, for we are all guests and travelers here."

Seems basic enough... however... at this point, all the humans would finally learn what made elves so very different than humans, besides the lithe grace, beauty, and ears... the elf speaking to them is TEN FEET TALL.

"If you would all follow me, I will guide you to the meal room. Please wait to enter... the ceremony requires that all enter at the same time."
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:52 am

The humans that stepped out of the shuttle were Rune and Meredith, both were flanked by a party of soldiers. The soldiers wore a gray flak armor chestplate, greaves, gauntlets, and a helmet that hid their faces behind a black tinted visor. On the left breast of each armor, there was a blue eagle clutching a cross. The eagle was a symbol of Terra, however the cross must be a personal heraldry among these soldiers. They would move into the hangar in lockstep.

"Hm... I expected that the Sage herself would meet us in the hangar, but I suspect she is a busy woman, and is ensuring all is prepared properly for our arrival?" Rune asked, "And of course. We Glaciens are honorable, our weapons are never to be drawn out of spite or anger. " He said, his stoicism was shaken for a moment when he was gazing up at the being before him that was would easily loom over him and his men. Meredith's mouth was agape in shock as the towering regal began to guide them through the corridors of the crystalline structure. The soldier's rifles were supported by a sling, and allowed them to hold them by their sides lowered, as they stepped along with the party.

"The architecture of this structure is amazing... Do these crystals form naturally or do you create them yourselves?" Meredith would speak up, gazing up at the towering elf. "Naturally I would imagine that these sorts of structures would be resistant to laser based weaponry!" She said, quite excitedly. She seemed eager to learn about these people. "Actually, I'd like to know the process on how you form the structures with these crystals, I'd wager you would need powerful tools for such a task." Rune commented, attempting to make small talk to quell his anxious mind.

---

He and his entourage would wait for the ceremony to begin, and whenever they were permitted to sit, they would sit together, preferably, with Rune sitting across from the Sage, and with Meredith possibly across from the She-Elf she noticed earlier on the feed.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Sat May 02, 2020 2:24 am

"Sage Eiwa is indeed making the final preparations. She will greet you in the chamber when we arrive.

Star Homes are often works of centuries... though I am no Crystal Singer. Perhaps one of the other guests would know?" The Servant suggests, and eventually leads them to a large door. The troops would get a distinct sense of walking farther than they should have... is the Crystal bigger on the inside?!

The Servant waits a moment, then, when the jewel above the door lights up, she opens the doors wide for them.

"Welcome friends of old and strangers from distant stars! I bid you sit, eat, drink and be merry." The Sage gestures around the room. "Let this be a first meeting of true friendship between all of us. Let us sing songs, and share stories, as of old." She sits down... on a pillow in the middle of the floor! Floating in the center of the room is a glowing crystal, this one a orb ringed with metal. "Do not be afraid to sit with strangers, or unfamiliar faces... all are at peace in my Home, and in this good cheer is to be shared."

All around the circular chamber are couches, pillows and low seats and tables set in small circles. There is no grand table here... it seems the Sage was being most serious when she said this was informal.

The Other elves enter from doors equally set around the chamber... and begin glancing around and settling in the loose seating circles, placing any weapons beneath the benches or against the table... if there is even one there! Some of the elves take up an entire circle, looking warily at the humans... the others call out to others and sit in pairs or groups of three. Some sit alone... only a few go to sit with the Sage, though she waves over a younger looking elf who doesn't seem as well dressed.
(An elf in a big black fur cloak carries a bundle of cloth to a table by himself, and spreads it open to reveal a multitude of strange looking weapons. He sits alone, and leans back with his feet on the table.)

As the humans cluster around their commanders, they might notice some elves looking at them in disappointment.
Some of the elves have deliberately left places open for strangers to sit, the unspoken invitation for the humans to come and talk with them, and share a meal.

Meredith would actually find the silver dressed elf sitting right behind her. A spot was left open for Rune and his crew to sit next to the Sage... but the She-Elf in the slinky white dress that... hoo boy, left so LITTLE to the imagination... she's placed her silver sword on the table in front of her... it actually catches the light whenever Meredith looks at it...

(Gonna have to sleep now. Do you want to focus on Meredith and Telluria's meeting or split the attention between Rune and the Sage as well?)
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:50 am

Well, this was not at all what they expected... Seeing as it wasn't a grand table they would be sitting at, it would be multiple smaller tables, the soldiers would relent after nervously conversing with themselves as they slowly took their helmets off, and hooked them to their waist-belts. Many of the humans that acted as the guards to the entourage were a bit on the rough looking side. Many of their faces were scarred which told that they had seen many battles and scraps for sure. They clearly held no hatred or disdain in their hearts, they were simply nervous and afraid of offending their hosts. Upon seeing their hesitance was indeed offending... One of the junior officers took a sharp breath in before striding across the room and moved to sit among some of the Elves and introduce himself as "Rian". The soldiers would follow suit, and begin to move to separate tables from their comrades and sat among the Elves. The soldiers would lean their rifles against the tables, and officers would place their service pistols on top.

The soldiers would look to each other before slowly dispersing from their groups to slowly attempt to mingle with their new friends. They were indeed nervous, but their rigidity would fade as they began to introduce themselves with one another. As Rune approached the Sage, he'd put his right fist to his left breast with an informal bow. "It is an honor to meet you, Sage Eiwa." He said before sitting. Rune would unholster a pistol from his side, he'd grip the frame rather than the grip itself and place it firmly on the table, ensuring it was facing away from everyone. His saber however, stayed in it's scabbard on his side. "Forgive my men... Our trip has been long and-- Well,I suppose it's best to say that your kind have been the most welcoming to us humans thus far compared to others. So pardon their wariness." He'd admit, tugging slightly at his collar.

Meredith would sit at Telluria's table, she'd place her pistol on the table and clear her throat lightly. "A-... Hello! I am Lieutenant Aaberg, but seeing this is.. Informal... You can call me Meredith, or "Mere"!" She stammered out shyly. Meredith was dress in a much more modest way, but her uniform still hugged her body in such a way that would turn many heads. She swallowed nervously, it was obvious that she was way out of her comfort zone but was doing her best to be social. "Your sword is beautiful... The guard on it looks... Immaculate." She'd say as her eyes scanned over it before slowly trailing up to meet the She-elf's.

(I'm fine with focusing both~! I hope you're enjoying this so far, goodnight~!)
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Sat May 02, 2020 10:55 pm

The atmosphere slowly becomes less tense after the brave officer sits down and introduces himself. 'Rian' would find himself being happily questioned by two other elves... pretty ones, but aren't they all... as the other humans join in on the conversations, food is brought out. Mostly deliciously cooked plants and breads, but also some odd foods... glowing liquids, and crystal candies. Fish and meat are provided, but only rarely so. The white robed servants of the Home bring out the food... and some bring out instruments to play soft, lilting music.

"Your men have done nothing that needs forgiveness. and Please, in this place, you may call me Alliana. We share this meal as friends, not ambassadors." Sage Eiwa-Alliana, one supposed would be appropriate at the moment, sat cross legged on a pillow, rather than a bench or couch like some of the much more gaudily dressed elves had claimed.
"There will be tall tables and grand speeches in the future... I felt that the first meeting between our peoples would be better served in a less official setting. We have much to learn about each other... and we have no need to rush such happy meetings. Tell me of yourself... how does one become a Sky Captain in your species Navy?"

Rune might note that the lack of proper seating actually made the tall Elves seem... less imposing. If the human Sky-Captain thought about it, he would realize this was very MUCH intentional on Alliana Eiwa's part.

The tall Elf looked down at Meredith, a small smile on her face at the little human's stammering... Lio was right, the humans were actually a bit cute, even if their ships were not.

"Hello, Meredith. My name is Telluria Melbareth... and it seems you have many more names than I do!" She raises one delicate, if strong hand to her ample chest and inclines her head when Meredith compliments her sword.

"Thank you... Illusimeil is a very fine blade. I am happy to wield her." Telluria's eyes are bright blue... like a clear sky on earth, or gem without flaw or cut. The way the light plays off her eyes... well, Meredith could instantly tell those were not the eyes of a human.

"If you do not mind me asking... how did you come by three names?" Telluria's voice is a bit deep for such a fae-like being, dressed all in white... not at all frightening, but smooth... calming. Strong, but gentle. "They sound so similar..."

Food will be arriving soon at the table... Meredith might notice that the Servant bearing a tray filled with steaming white buns being brought their way.
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:39 am

The fact that many of the elves took seats on pillows to make themselves less imposing was something Rune indeed noted, and actually appreciated. Most of the humans would come off shy, or awkward at first. Many of them would talk about their homeworld though. Most, if not all humans come from Terra, but when they finally reached out to the stars, they colonized worlds. This band of humans hail from a tundra planet called "Glacies". A cold world full of snow-capped mountain ranges, alpine forests, and their proud people.

"Well, Alliana." Rune began, "Though... It isn't the same for most in the Terran Navy... I hail from a noble military family. So, when I was old enough, my parents enrolled me into a series of military academies. I scored well, and much to my parent's delight I was permitted to the Officer's academy when I was 18. I graduated there when I was 20 at the rank of Ensign. Eventually I was promoted to Lieutenant, and given command of a Cruiser and a pair of frigates within the Glacien 6th fleet. During the Second Terran-USS War, I was rewarded for my actions and being promoted to commander, and later Sky-Captain and command of the newly assembled 13th."

Meredith's own purple gemstone eyes were seemingly lost in Telluria's as she spoke to her. "Aaaaa... Oh! OH. No, no, no! My name is Meredith Aaberg, "Mere" is a nickname. and Lieutenant is simply a rank." She let out, a faint embarrassed blush crossing her fair freckled cheeks. "Calling me Meredith is fine..." She let out, as she reached up to slightly brush her side-braid back slightly.

While Meredith wasn't as regal as Telluria's kind, she was just as beautiful in her own right. She would perk up slightly upon seeing the tray of buns being brought towards them, and she would give off a single excited bounce, one that would make her subtle bust bounce with her. She didn't have near a strong bust as Telluria, only having about a C-cup, Meredith was more bottom heavy... But if Telluria would inspect closer, she could very much see the shape of the human's bust because she did not wear a bra like the other human women.
(Sorry for the late post, I fell a bit under the weather. Quite literally in a sense.)
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Sun May 03, 2020 2:53 am

(ooh, so this entire fleet is from Glacies, or are there others from other planets? I imagine that a meeting like this would have many different representatives... in fact, I imagine that plenty of other humans will be ticked with Rune that they didn't get to meet with the elves first! Unless the Terrans really only sent a military man to a first official contact... which, also would say a lot about Terrans as a whole.
And don't worry, I get being distracted and getting sick. I'm normally a very bad/slow poster.)

Some of the elves are struck by this, and describe cold mountains that they call home... these elves sometimes actually have a blue tint to their skin.

"Hmmm, a warrior bred, and a soldier trained and proven." Alliana nods knowingly. "While our people hold peace highly, we too have families of noble warriors who still train in the ways of war, and hold honor in skill at arms." The Sage points lightly to the Elf wearing a black cloak with a table full of weapons, who notices and raises his glass to her. The rough looking elf grins easily and takes another swig of his drink, slouching from his place on the floor.
"Byron is an old hunter who is really only daring your compatriots to join him so he can bend their ears with tales about every weapon he brought into this place." she admits, with slight roll of her eyes. "He thinks it amusing to test ones courage and flaunt propriety. Normally one wouldn't take a small arsenal into a casual meal like this."

"And what did you do in your Second War with the United Socialist Species, Sky-Captain?" Comes a much less open voice from the elf sitting across from Rune. This is a Male Elf wearing much more ornate clothing, every hem stitched with metal embroidery. He looks at Rune without smiling, and with a stone face... and he did not address Rune by name.

"Then I will call you Meredith, and you may call me Telluria, and perhaps both of us may call each other friend." Telluria agreed with a wider smile, nodding with grace.

Telluria noted that the humans clothes... well, perhaps it was intentional, but the were quite ill fitting. But perhaps military uniforms were less tailored... and perhaps Meredith simply found the loose clothe comfortable? Many Elves did not wear underthings, their own cloth and clothes soft or fitted enough to serve without.

"Ah... I know this dish!" Telluria smiles as a plate of still steaming buns are placed between the two of them, along with a grey pitcher of water and two cups. "Tapu treasure-buns, filled with seasoned, roasted mushrooms. Our furry friends are most gluttonous for mushrooms, and have many ways to cook them."

The Buns fit easily into the hands of the elves... but it should be noted that these buns are about the size of a medium watermelon to a human.

"You, ah... may wish to only eat a little." Telluria says with an amused smile.
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:36 am

(Yes! Each fleet and army hail from specific planet. Rune was selected because his fleet was nearest to their space, and he is a learned, tactful leader. The Terrans care little for diplomacy with outsiders save for a few that lie within the Federation of Unified Systems.)

"Oh? He seems to have quite the collection. I'm sure some of my men will love to speak with him and show off their own." He'd say, "Terrans as a whole are encouraged to learn firearms at a young age. I... Rather not bore you with a history lesson, but we adopted a militarist way of living due to the fact our species as a whole was nearly wiped out eons ago." He'd comment, before narrowing his eyes as he was addressed with such a loaded question.

"We defended our worlds." He said, a more serious tone in his accented voice. "And we did what anyone would do while defending their worlds. We fought. The USS seek to do nothing more than expand their interests, and undermine others. The war was preemptive, as they were attempting to start revolutions on our worlds. So, we attacked. But we underestimated the vastness of their numbers... And thus the conflict ended in a stalemate, with the USS supposedly retracting all of their assets and agents from our worlds and promising to cease all acts of espionage, and us our fleets from their systems..."

"If you're asking if I am proud of what I did in that conflict-- No." Rune said, a melancholic expression crossing his face for a moment. "The sounds of war may start soft, but quickly turn ugly and dirty. I am proud to serve Terra, in any way that she has need of me... But I would be lying if I said I didn't wish to avoid bloodshed in any case." He'd say simply, but his tone revealed much more than his words did. He carries a painful weight that he does not wish to share. A weight of knowing he is responsible for thousands-possibly millions of lives that look up to him. Rune is the type of leader that cares more for lives, than victory.

-----

Meredith's eyes widened at the size of the buns. Was all of their food so large?
"I believe I can do that... Friend." She said with an enchanting smile. Her uniform was in deed loose around certain points on her body, but around her breast, rear, and thighs... It hugged her skin quite nicely. Meredith would slowly attempt to discern how to start eating one of the buns before simply taking a bite out of it. Her eyes widened with utter amazement at it's taste and quickly took another bite.

To many of the Elves... The Glaciens became much more open when food and drink were involved. It seemed one way to their heart was through their stomachs, and the Elves would be showered with gracious compliments on the sustenance they offered their guests. The officers were all quite well-spoken individuals and were now more keen on conversing with the Elves, and the soldiers would at some points become boisterous during the meal as they had their fills.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Sun May 03, 2020 6:04 pm

(Cool! I had a slightly obsessive idea that there are some elite ground troops in power armor that take after the Overwatch Crusaders... I thought the Glaciens would be a good fit for them, but it's mainly an excuse for a Reinhardt insert.
More importantly, so most of the people there will be of similar disposition to the soldiers here? because I thought it would be fun to have more tension by bringing in less friendly humans from different planets... but that could wait for later.
Also, I'm going to change the colors of the Sage's Robes and the Robes of her Servants. They're going to be Auburn now, with copper linings.)

"I wonder if many of your people hold such regrets." The sternfaced Elf says without hesitation. "It is easy for a victor to say they regret violence when the defeated are rendered voiceless." For all the elf's even tone, there is a heavy accusation there... one that the Sage Alliana does not let pass.

"And yet, when danger comes to your people from outside your borders, it is only expected to react with sword and fire." Alliana gives the male elf an equally pointed look, clearly displeased with him. "Rune, allow me to introduce another of my guests. This is Gaelon Melbareth, who hails from the inner systems of the Astellan, our Citadel worlds. He is of a noble house of gold-smiths, whose skill and beauty are unmatched." Alliana gestures to the many differently dressed elves sitting around the room. "Really, your arrival is quite a blessing for me, Rune... so many different faces from all over our people's stars in my home makes this a wonderful celebration, in addition to your own auspicious arrival!"
Alliana smiles at the assembled elves... apparently they represent parts of the entire Star Elf People.
"You should not need me to introduce you, Gaelon... these are new friends, after all."

"You introduced me well as Host, Sage Eiwa. There is no doubt you fulfill your duties, as Rune seems to have fulfilled his own." Gaelon takes a sip of some amber fluid, his expression unchanging. "I hold the title of <Eluin>, that is, High Teacher. Any who teach their craft to novices must meet my approval, and it is to my standards that all such smith-work is held." He says this without pomp or circumstance, but rather a statement of fact about the universe. Up is down, water is wet, and my work is the best there is. "Such standing and honor, however, pales in comparison to that of the Sages of our people, to whom are entrusted with guiding and protecting all life within many light years around their Home."

... Alliana was first declared as Sage, and also Master of the Hopeful Home. It seems those titles are FAR more lofty than mere keeper of an Orbital Space Station... considering that the primitive Humans are literally one planet away.

Telluria smiled as she watched Meredith take a bite... like a baby Tapu biting eagerly at a mushroom too large for it. The elf took a few bites of her own roll, quickly eating half of it with minimal effort.

"Many think the Tapu simple cooks... mmm, but there is a pleasure to be found in good, hearty food." The tall elf eats happily, swallowing down bites with ease. "My Bobbi makes me rolls like this... though those are flakier, and much more buttery. Do you have any favorite foods from home, Meredith?" she asks, sipping at some water.

Laughter and happy conversation begins to fill the hall... many of the elves begin to relax as food and drink flow freely. This pleasure it seems, is something that both their species share.

Suddenly, Telluria straightens up, her eyes widening a bit. "<No... it can't be...>" she whispers in her own, flowery language. her eyes are following a Servant with a tray of something...
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:01 pm

((You seem to be enjoying yourself quite a bit, I'm glad! And don't worry, there will be plenty of time for those interactions... Much like now!.)

Rune narrowed his eyes as he allowed them both to finish speaking before he would reply to both, but his response would be more directed towards Gaelon. "I would not expect a gold-smith to understand the stresses of a soldier. That is what I am, after all..." He said, his words acting as unsheathed blades. "Since we have arrived here, I seen how you look upon us Herr Melbareth. Suspicion. Contempt... Though, I cannot blame you. As many of my own government would view many of you the same way. Terrans as a whole view nonhumans with suspicion and mistrust due to our... Well, simply put... Our xenophobic nature. In our time among the stars, we have encountered many who wished to eradicated us simply for existing. I am here with no other ulterior motives than ensuring that your people are acting on goodwill, as mine are. WE are here, to see if possible, that someone is actually willing to befriend humanity... Rather than attempt to kill, enslave, or rape us..." Rune said with rather cold simplicity. His tone softened, however. "I am humbled by your people's hospitality, thus far and I can say with utmost certainty that my men appreciate it as well."

----

During the celebration, some of the humans would have produced instruments from their packs. A small drum, lyre, flute... Even a strange stringed instrument called a "tagelharpa". They played simple tunes at first, which Meredith seemed more than keen to hum along with. Her voice was quite lovely to listen to.

"Oh!... Ah, I love sweets... I always had a habit of sneaking pastries from the cupboard when I wasn't supposed to when I was but a cub." She would say, with a small laugh. However, her attention was caught when Telly mention her "Bobbi," and Meredith felt a bit of a pang in her chest for some reason. "Oh, I assume... That's your husband, right?" Her attention was again caught by the servant passing by with a tray to see what had fixated Telluria so.
Meredith was also struggling with breaking in song with her comrades, as she did love to sing.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Sun May 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Now Gaelon actually seems to shift, placing his cup down on the floor before him.

"You presume, Sky-Captain, that I am wholly unfamiliar with the stresses of war. I am not. I have found that war, no matter how seemingly justified, is a brutal, ugly thing. It limits the mind as it ends life, and it's perspective is wholly skewed. Sadly, short-lived races like your own are far more susceptible to it's distortion... and far more blind to the consequences-"

"<Gaelon.>"

Alliana's soft voice does not raise a hint, yet every human sitting near her would feel their hair stand on end. Several of the Elven musicians playing miss a note, and every Red-Robed Servant of Eiwa freezes for a moment. Several elven heads snap toward the Sage, eyes wide with surprise and anticipation.

Gaelon instantly falls silent. Alliana meets his eyes for a moment, suddenly seeming much larger and darker, radiating an authority that is far more heavy than it is elegant... like a shadow falling over the sun.

"A good guest does not make barbed conversations. I will not force anyone who finds it difficult to extend such courtesies to remain within my House, in which I am Lady." Then the moment passes, and she waves her fingers lightly towards her Servants, who return to their playing and serving. The terrifying shadow of that moment is gone, and Alliana seems again a well mannered hostess... if a bit more tired than normal.

"No race, young or old, is free from arrogance. The Astella Unum are no exception... and so Rune, I must beg your forgiveness for bringing such dark talk into a joyful celebration. This place is a safe haven... but there are many eyes and voices here that may not be as welcoming as I know our people can be. Just as we should not hold the actions of your people against you, hold not the fears of some elves over all." The ancient, powerful elf bows her head slightly to Rune.

"No matter how well justified, fear is the enemy of peace. I apologize if my words were cruel." Gaelon murmurs, far more deferential than before... but no less proud.

(Yeah, Alliana is a BIG DEAL.)

"Oh, no... Bobbi is a Tapu... family servant, I believe the word is. She has lived in my household for her entire life, and been my loyal servant and friend as well." Telluria giggles at the thought. "I have no husband, and am not even courting! There is far too much to see in this universe to contemplate eternity so soon." (Ask about anything IC or OOC if you want details. I'm actually working a lot of things out as I go!)

She finds herself drawn to the human's music, and gestures to the Tagelharpa, noticing that Meredith was eager to sing along. "Meredith, what song are they playing? Tell me of it... is it a story?"

The elf tries not to look toward the Servant with the Tray as they make their rounds to the tables. Oddly enough, no other elf seems to be taking some of this tray... It looks like a bowl and a pile of something... like rope? A dark green rope...

Is it moving? (XDXD)
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:05 pm

Rune would take note of just how imposing the Sage can be to her underlings...
He would close his eyes for a moment with a subtle sigh, as if composing himself. "You needn't do so, Alliana. No ill will has been made, just simple misunderstandings." He said, before directing his gaze to Gaelon. Rune's eyes were difficult to read, if this race was adept at perception, one might be able to see many extreme emotions hidden behind a fortress. "Herr Melbareth, I do hope we can come to mutual understanding during this celebration." Rune said, bowing slightly while remaining seated. "For now... I do believe some of my staff is going to be treating us to a song of old." He said, directing his attention to Meredith.

Rune had been listening to them the entire time, and Meredith would stammer as her comrades urged her to stand and sing while their musicians played. She reluctantly agreed seeing Telluria was intent on hearing their music.

-----
The instruments began to strum and and beat an almost sullen, subtle beat. The notes emanating from them held an ancient rhythm to them, one that dates back to the age of old on Terra. Meredith would stand from her seat and move to the center of the room, after taking a short breath to compose herself, a haunting melody came from her lips in their ancient tongue.

"Bittida en morgon innan solen upprann, Innan foglarna borjade sjunga... Bergatrollet friade till fager ungersven, Hon hade en falskeliger tunga... Herr Mannelig, Herr Mannelig trolofven i mig? For det jag bjuder sa gerna, I kunnen val svara endast ja eller nej... Om i viljen eller nej...? Eder vill jag gifva de gangare tolf, Som ga uti rosendelunde, Aldrig har det varit nagon sadel uppadem, Ej heller betsel uti munnen... Herr Mannelig, Herr Mannelig, trolofven i mig? For det jag bjuder sa gerna, I kunnen val svara endast ja eller nej... Om i viljen eller nej..."
---
"Sadana gafvor jag toge val emot, Om du vore en Kristelig qvinna... Men nu sa ar du det varsta bergatroll, Af Neckens och djavullens stamma, Herr Mannelig, Herr Mannelig, trolofven i mig? For det jag bjuder sa gerna, I kunnen val svara endast ja eller nej... Om i viljen eller nej...
Bergatrollet ut pa dorren sprang, Hon rister och jamrar sig svara, Hade jag fatt den fager ungersven, Sa hade jag mistat min plaga...
Mannelig, Herr Mannelig, trolofven i mig? For det jag bjuder sa gerna, I kunnen val svara endast ja eller nej... Om i viljen eller nej..."

The song she sang was emotional, the first stanzas sounding wishful, hopeful even. With the second to last being full of spite, and hatred, and the last sorrow and anguish. Meredith's cheeks remained an adorable rose color as she performed her song, and upon completion she was received with a gracious applause from her comrades-- But her eyes moved to Telluria and her people.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon May 04, 2020 12:34 am

Telluria and the Elves listen intently to the music as the deep thrumming of the Tagleharpe is joined by Meredith's beautiful voice. The haunting melody timed to the rhythm carries a terrible weight to it, of frustration and loss and suffering. The elves look upon Meredith with pity, now... but some of the older elves seem to watch them with something approaching empathy. It seems that the song has touched the emotions of the elves far more than any tales of valor or justice.

Alliana smiles a bit as Meredith steps down.

"Perhaps together, our peoples will find a better path than one of simply yes or no, Rune." she muses, softly.

Telluria could not help but clap a little, softly as the flush-faced human finished her song... it was so sad, and yet Meredith was so nervous... she really was cute.

'I shall have to teach her happier songs. Perhaps then she will smile more when she sings... truly though, she is blessed with a better voice than my own.' the elf mused...

"My lady?" Telluria glanced up at the Servant who stood next to her... and her eyes went wild. She shot another look at the sage... and then at Gaelon, next to her.

Her eyes narrow, and she looks gracefully back up at the Servant.

"I'll take it all."
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:55 am

Rune had listened intently to Meredith's song, and would applause along with his men. Meredith would bow happily as she was well received. She moved to return to her seat as the musicians began to play a bit more up beat.

Rune turned to look upon Alliana once more, and nodded. "Indeed I hope so, Alliana. I will admit, according to Sky-Marshall Williams... There are many in the council who are against this meeting, but then again, there are many who are. " He said, pausing for a long moment. "I must confess, I... " There was another pause as his stoicism faded to express deep concern. "I fear there may be conflict in the future. Not between us, as a species... But just in general. Communications between the Council and the USS comissariat have gone dark, there are rumors of planned coups on Terra, and talks of worker's rioting on key worlds like Valskaya. I wish we could have met under more... Peaceful times. But I would be lying if I didn't fear for your people's safety due to Terra's enemies."

---
Meredith returned to her seat and breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you liked the song! That is one of my favorites because it's so moving..." She started, but cocked her head at the sight of the strange items coiled on the platter that was held by the servant. "Ah--... What... Are those?" She asked, a curious look on her face.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon May 04, 2020 1:38 am

"Then it is more vital now, more than ever, to make inroads to peace." Alliana looked aggreived, but her voice remained level, and her eyes determined. "In truth Rune... there are many Elders and Sages who believe that now we should close our borders, having seen clouded days fated to arrive... but I believe that both our peoples... ALL our peoples, must reach out to each other now. I have given much to allow the Confederation to be given a voice here... and I still foresee that it was the right choice. More than just the fate of the primitive humans of ValleyGlint is at stake here. We must come to terms... or I fear much will go wrong."

"I highly doubt that any enemies you bring to the Unum will be of great note, Sky-Captain." Gaelon interjects softly. "We Elves have been at peace for a long time... but we have also been at war for a long time as well. Should any misfortune befall us... it will be easily returned. Our swords are no less sharp than they were during the Wars of the Spider Queens... and they were far worse enemies than any empire who has risen since."

"So long as the Spider Queens are the only old enemies we face in the future..." Alliana trails off, then shakes her head. "No... there will be time enough for such talks another night, behind quieter doors on sturdier ground. Let us enjoy each other's company, Rune, Gaelon... and look to the hopes of the future."

A bit of a teasing grin appears on Alliana's face. "For example... the budding friendship between your loyal second and Gaelon's talented daughter?"

The Sage points with a wry smile, and raises a finger to her lips.

Telluria smiles as Meredith returns to their little setting. The servant has moved on... leaving a bowl with glowing blue liquid in it... next to what looks like a very long coil of... dark green vines? They're at least as thick around as Meredith's wrist! and... they are definitely twitching, coiling a bit as they sit on the plate.

"This..." she says with some awe in her voice. "is the vine of a Klashad Plant, from the Jungle homeworld of the Florans... a vassal race, like the Tapu. The Florans call them Serpent vines, and they are a rare delicacy to their people. They only allow those who hunt the vines themselves or close allies of their tribe to taste this dish... I have no idea how Sage Eiwa got this!"

The elf pauses for a moment, and reaches out to snag the wriggling end of one vine. "It is not easy to eat... but I acquired a taste for it when I lived among the Floran for a decade. I haven't had any for so long..."

As she speaks she plunges the end of the vine, which looks like a tentacled mouth, into the bowl of blue liquid.

"It sucks up liquids to grow and produce fruit." She explains... and the blue liquid begins to get sluuuuuurped into the vine, and it begins slowly growing thicker... and then a blue liquid filled bulge appears, growing to about the size of a pumpkin! It's even bigger and thicker now!

But... Telluria keeps holding the end of the twitching vine to the bowl of glowing liquid... letting more and more glowing ovals appear and the vine to thicken longer and longer... Every fruit is bigger than Meredith's head!
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:55 am

"With all due respect and as a student of the sword as well... Thousands of guns make short work of thousands of swords." Rune would say bluntly. "I would be happy to demonstrate sometimes, if you would like to see how our weapons operate. Perhaps some friendly sparring matches between our peoples?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. "But you are right, those are words for another time, with less curious listeners." He'd relent.

Upon Alliana pointing out Meredith and Telluria speaking to one another so casually, Rune would sigh softly. "Aye... Mere is a naive but smart girl. She and I attended the same academy on Glacies, though I was in two classes ahead of her, but she was in my company during war games. She's eager to prove herself, but I fear she's not ready for the stress of battle. She's much greener than the majority of those underneath my command. But she has a good heart, and comes from a good family." He said, nodding slightly, "I'd not have had her transferred under my command if I didn't see potential."

---
Meredith cocked her head as she watched the vine swell and engorge itself on the blue liquid. It was so... Alien. "The only things we had like that on Glacies were the ice serpents... But they weren't plants. They were fearsome creatures that lurked in the glacial hot springs in the polar caps. They say that there was a giant one that lived in a pool at the top of Konungfjall and had fangs the size of swords! It used to be a writ of passage for young men to tattoo their bodies with the venom of the ice serpents because it's venom was black like ink and never washed away!"
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon May 04, 2020 2:25 am

Gaelon scoffs at Rune's offer of a demonstration, but Alliana merely smiles. "That sounds like a wonderful idea... an opportunity for our less vocal elves to meet a new people is grand exercise. Let me know when your men have settled in, and we shall schedule a lively meeting upon the fields."

"My daughter has proven willful... but skilled enough in her chosen path. Telluria has not wavered, even in her foolish desires for adventure. Experience will temper her exceptional skill." It seems that Gaelon Melbareth is... reluctantly proud of his daughter.

"A good legend... perhaps there was a nexus atop of that mountain which was home to such creatures?" Telluria offered with a smile... but what was a nexus? and why did she simply accept that the creature was real?

Soon the entire vine is swollen with fruits... it's as thick as Meredith's arm and has ten huge bulges of glowing blue liquid that it's sucked up. The liquid can be seen in veins all along it's fifteen foot length.

"Florans have a competition to see how many fruits one can devour without biting the vine. Most manage three." Telluria says in a simple, matter of fact manner. But there's a hint of mischief in her eyes not.

"However... I really enjoy eating this."

With that, Telluria wraps her soft, supple lips around the thick vine like it's... very phallic and begins sucking it down her throat. Meredith would see a very visible bulge twitching down the elf's neck... and then her lips begin to spread over the first head sized fruit, slowing only for a second as Telluria tilts her head back with a happy mmmmm.

Her jaw seems to unhinge as she swallows the thickest part, twice as big as the human's head, down her neck, the huge bulge squishing between the elf's breasts... and Telluria has already begun to spread her lips around the next equally huge bulge with every sign of enjoyment.
Darian
???

Postby Kristoph1344 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 am

Rune felt Gaelon's hubris would be knocked down quite a bit whenever the demonstration would take place. "I look forward to it, Alliana. Whenever you are ready to proceed just give me the word and I shall have my men prepare." He said with a slight smile.

"I took note of your daughter's sword... It looks like a fine blade. It's... Optional for officers to carry swords, but most opt not to, but I've been an avid fencer since I was young. My mother thought it was a useful hobby to pursue." Rune would mention, motioning to his own saber that hung from his belt.

---
Meredith grew puzzled as she spoke. "How can one eat without biting... Do you mean- Wait, what are-" She stopped as she witnessed Telluria began to gulp down each of the melon-sized fruit as she traveled down the phallic like vine in a sensual manner. Meredith couldn't help but stare in... Shock? She was sickened yet for some incredibly strange reason she was aroused.

The blood rushing to her cheeks caused Meredith to grow faint and light-headed. Her eyes fluttered a bit as she caught herself from falling out of her chair from fainting.

Meredith.exe has stopped working.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon May 04, 2020 3:12 am

"I would never allow my daughter to carry anything less than the best our Craft-Worlds can produce. and it is no hobby... Telluria has proven to be the best Blade Weaver and Sword Singer in her generation." the proud elf takes another swig of his drink. "If only she did not have such... fascination with the vassal species. They are beneath her."

"Perhaps you will compare styles?" Alliana says with another, mirthful smile. "I do hope there are SOME warriors of blade or hammer in your troops, Rune. For while Telluria is an exceptional sword-elf, she is a rather poor archer. Byron knows some capable archers... he will definitely wish to see your troops in action as well."

Telluria was mostly focused on enjoying the writhing sensation of the twisting wriggling vine that it took her a moment to notice Meredith's face flushing and her eyes fluttering.

In fact, her belly had begun to bulge out with the large melon-like vines filling out her stomach. As the elf slurked and gulped down the glowing vine, Meredith would watch as her toned belly began to grow and grow with moving bulges. Slowly, the dress lifted revealing more and more skin.

Still, Telluria did notice that Meredith was having some kind of trouble... so she moved a little closer to the human, her pillow closer to the humans chair. As she moved, her belly continuing to grow... Meredith would see the elf's slinky dress shift aside to reveal... oh dear. It seemed that Telluria, did not see any need to wear something so mundane as underwear, either. Only perfect skin... and now that squirming belly was inches away from Meredith.

There's only one last fruit left on the vine now... Telluria's belly has grown to something just a bit bigger than Meredith now.
Many other human troopers are staring now... a few elves seem disgusted, but many are simply amused at the young elf's gluttony.

How will Meredith react to this strange sight... perhaps inhuman vision would be more appropriate?
Darian
???

Next

Return to Private Roleplay