Watching the Henhouse (with Whitebrand)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Watching the Henhouse (with Whitebrand)

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Hmm, that misnaming was probably deliberate. Something to remember... and return in kind. "We'll see, Sir Bland."

Miss Russet pointed out on the maps how far the tunnels had gone by that morning, and marked houses in strategic locations that were known to be owned by sympathetic natives. However, they were interrupted by the ringing of a bell.

"Those are connected to the front desk. I mentioned we have a system," she began translating for his benefit, "'Isntar,' 'female' (happens from time to time), no word on how much money they're carrying, 'wants Lapin,' 'moderate' danger level. Normally that would mean having backup ready in case things get violent."
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:59 pm

(Damn typos)

"Obviously I m going to have to learn the intricacies of your codes," he said. "You think you need a hand up there?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:48 pm

She clearly had mixed feelings about the offer. "Let's see what our volunteer thinks."

Heading out into the common area, a black-haired and lop-eared rabbit woman was rapidly preparing to head up. "Lana, I see. Our new "ally" just volunteered for guard duty. Is that acceptable?"

Lana, clearly in a rush looked over at the disguised Whitebrand in surprise. If he wanted to make a case, he clearly didn't have long.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:19 am

"I can be as discreet or scary as you need me to be," Brand said quickly. "All I need to know are your signals. Nice or rough...I'm your guy."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:03 am

Lana looked between the two before deciding on, "Both of you."

Miss Russet shrugged, "That'll work. Explaining the signals would take time anyway," though she had hoped to get away and explain to the other front workers that they would need to shift their approach.

While that decision was being made, Lana had finished her preparations and started heading towards one of the "secret" passages up to the main building.

"Our job is listening at the cracks and gauging when danger is imminent," Russet explained as they trailed behind the bunny.

(Feel free to introduce more characters for yourself.)
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:43 am

"Define 'danger level' for me. Is this guy or girl violent? A problem client or something? Of are the just high risk?"

If they were dangerous at all why give them what they want? Then he remembered that the client was female and part of the empire. They probably didn't dare put them off.

As they travelled Brand's clothing became more colorful and flashy...a semi-formal kilt and a shirt that bared his muscular arms...an outfit that might make him appear to be any employee of the place. Specifically a bouncer.

"Too much?" He asked Russet. "Tone it down? Make it more formal or more scary?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:05 am

She seemed impressed with his idea of a bouncer disguise. "That one will be fine. We can't have it look too high class," she stage-whispered.

"I believe I recognize this one. She's refused to fully disarm, and is rough enough to leave bruises without angering her."

---

At the moment, it sounded like the imperial was treating Lana like a regular pet rabbit... one that she enjoyed feeling superior to. How far she would go, and for how long, was an open question.

---

"Setting this up seemed like a better idea at the time," Russet mumbled, "Build up a base, cover it with something that Isntar would be too willing to take advantage of to get rid of, stack a few layers of deception to divert them away from the deepest truths even if they think they've uncovered something..."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 am

The client in question sauntered into the private room she'd rented. She sat down on the edge of the bed and had the naked hare curl up with her head in the woman's lap. Lana also wore a harness with a leash attachment.

One hand stroked the bunnygirl's head while she talked...mostly about her day and the pressures of her job. She vented a bit about her boss and details of her job she probably shouldn't have, her hand idly sliding along Lana's side and hip.

It looked to Brand almost like a somewhat kinky therapy session. Maybe it was.

The client even fed Lana...lettuce and carrots. Lama, being quite practiced at this, managed to make it look cute. This hot a squeal of approval from her client...which led to affectionate kissing...which looked like it was going to lead to more intimate things...

"Looks like its going...well," Brand said, a little surprised to feel uncomfortable peeking into this woman's seemingly harmless fantasy.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:43 pm

"That's one way to put it..." Russet mumbled.

As the two got more physically intimate, the soldier let slip something: that if her male cohorts had their way, they'd keep all the luminal women for themselves. And that was unacceptable for her. After a worried look from Lana, she tried to distract the bunny from such thoughts. Lana let her think she succeeded.

---

'Ah, so that's her game. Not so much a disbelief in the cause, but a concern that the slaves will end up hoarded by a few and her desires will be overlooked or ignored. She's probably right about that.' Miss Russet thought to herself.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Brand's eyes narrowed. The information want unexpected but its suggested that he had less time than he thought. If they officers were already making plans, then a raid of some kind might be in the planning stages already.

He would have to find out more details. Maybe a few bribes or something...

In the meantime...

"We might want to start moving the more vulnerable of your people," Brand whispered. "If they officers are already mentally dividing the spoils we might have less time than I thought."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:51 pm

"Perhaps," Ms Russet responded. A longer response would need to wait until they could speak more freely.

The end of the session came sooner than the observers expected, and after the Isntar soldier left to settle accounts back at the front desk, Lana took the opportunity for a few precious seconds of real relaxation.

"Well, that could have gone much worse, Russet muttered. "Your thoughts?"
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm

" I think that someone is mentally dividing the spoils from putting you out of business," Brand said. "It might just be somebody fantasizing, but we may have to start moving your people as soon as we can. Is Lana okay?"

Brand was already doing some mental division of his own...how to skim some of Russet's employees and refugees for himself. He didn't see it as the selfishness that it was of course: he genuinely believed that he would be giving his chosen acquisitions a better life.

To his credit, he shook those thoughts off quickly. Action of some kind was called for.

"We need to find out more," Brand said aloud. " Confirm there is an actual timetable and try to delay it if we can. Maybe give the guard higher priorities to investigate than you."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:37 pm

Russet opened up their hiding place to the bedroom, and went over to make sure the door to the main hallway was securely locked.

The lapin snapped to attention as her "employer" entered - but had little to worry about.

"Are you alright?"

"No bruises this time," Lana responded, though her voice showed the exhaustion that came with suppressing her fears and avoiding provoking violence.

"Time you got back to your family then," Russet said, trying to sound kind, but strained by her own concerns as well.

---

"Well Whitebrand, I've given what you said some thought. There may be distractions we can arrange to divert attention from an escape. But before I go into that, I'd like to hear your idea for how to get people away quickly."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:50 pm

"Well concealing them among supplies and workers for my construction site was my primary plan," Brand said. "Trickling the bigger ones out in wagons and things like that. Quickly...will take more risks. And more bribes. I have to maintain a balance between what the guards are willing to overlook and risks. You have to admit its less tricky and quicker than digging a tunnel.

"But if there's a major evacuation that has to be done in the space of minutes...in that fave of an armed raid...I have a plan for that too. I guarantee you won't like it though."

He sighed as he sat back in his chair. "I devour everyone and get out of the city in a loud and spectacular fashion. I can manage the space...but the experience will certainly be frightening. Or worse. Not to mention the risks I'd be taking fighting my way out of an occupied city.

"But that's a desperate, last minute ploy," he added quickly. "When all else has been lost. I prefer the quiet, under the table method by far."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:23 pm

"...You're right, I don't like your last resort. It puts my girls too much at your mercy," the matron said. "Let's sincerely hope we don't need to test your benevolence like that."

"As for my side... we have the resources to create alchemical bombs. An agent under an invisibility spell could plant them around the city to draw the eye of Isntar investigators," she revealed. "Now, I detest the thought of putting the civilian populace at risk, especially since they're inclined to sympathize - if not actively support our cause. Fortunately, since the goal is disruption and distraction, not destruction, we can use harmless, "practical joke" payloads. Stinkbombs, color-changing magic, potions of that nature," she continued her explanation.

"If we use that to draw their attention away from your convoy as well, it should make the first few trips out easier. Midway through, at the point where they stop putting the victims under much scrutiny, it might be best to plant a bomb near here to make us seem less likely as a culprit."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:49 am

Brand frowned. He was her trying to help them get out safely and she was questioning his benevolence? He let it pass.

"That would probably be good for a little while," Brand said, nodding. "Maybe some civil unrest here and there..."

And maybe if a few pretty officer's daughters disappeared in different parts of the city...

"Okay...it sounds like we have a plan." Brand said. "So...how about you show me around? Meet people? Let them know help is here?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 pm

Ms Russet noticed the disguised Dragon's annoyance, and was a bit surprised by it.

"Well, I suppose it is time for more of an introduction. And there's one person in particular who you really should meet - though I'm not sure if she's here at the moment. Fledgeling Sylvia might be back at her church by now..."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm

"Fledgeling?" Brand said curiously. "As in dragon blooded? Or am I presuming too much?"

Brand stood quickly, eager to meet the people he would need to trust in him to get his escape plans to work. And hopefully enjoy the eye candy...

"Lead the way, my dear."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby MasterGryph » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:00 pm

"Oh, the Bahamut cult just uses dragon motifs in their titles," she explained, "Fledgeling is their equivalent to Novice or Acolyte. ...Although-" She cut herself off, deciding that telling Brand about how the would-be Brides of Bahamut viewed sex with a dragon was just asking for trouble.

A white-feathered harpy approached the two as they walked. She was wearing what seemed to be an unusual form of clothing - fabric about as wide as a scarf wrapped around and tied off in such a way that it left her wings completely free to move while covering her breasts and between her legs - though exposing a lot of skin elsewhere, including her stomach and much of her rear. Her not-quite angelic feathers might just tickle as she slid down a predator's throat. "Ah, Syrene, is this the guest you mentioned earlier?"

"Yes, Lyvie," Miss Russet answered - apparently Syrene was her first name, "He goes by the nickname 'Brand' in his day jobs."

"...It's a very handsome disguise," the avian commented politely to Whitebrand.

Miss Russet spoke up quickly, "Lyvia here is someone I've been close to for years. Did I mention earlier that my original idea for setting up a business here was a harpy-based mail service? We should go handle Brand's introduction to the others soon but... How are you and the other harpies doing?"

"Well we're coping, but... we've been underground so long now..."
MasterGryph
---

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:28 pm

"Well we shall see what we can do about that," Brand said, bowing slightly to the harpy with a charming smile. "I can promise we are working for your freedom."

Brand could certainly appreciate attractive females of the sentient races. Most harpies were usually too skinny for him...their avian nature generally required a sleek profile...but he was quite happy to admire the pretty ones. Like this one.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay