A Scientific Experiment

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

A Scientific Experiment

Postby Tabatha_Cat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:36 pm

MrHoppy wrote:I wonder how reformers/nonreformers correlates with escapees/catchees. My guess is that if there is no reforming, then the emotions behind the chase really come to the forefront. Then, a close escape from being devoured by a terrifying predator is just a way of exploring a different set, and hence is still satisfying. For reformers, it's likely that the focus is on the relationship between the characters or the sensuality of the act, and so without the vore there's nothing there.

Belonging to the former group, I certainly like to escape if it's well-fought. Especially in rp, the battle goes on between the players, who try to outsmart one another, so there's an element of fun even without the satisfaction of the (very) final act.

Tabatha_Cat wrote: :D Why hello, Mr. Hoppy, I haven't seen you in a while. That's really quite a fascinating theory of yours, we must test it out some time. :gulp:

*ahem* I fit the pattern you describe. In my rp's, vore is almost exclusively final, the unfortunate prey creature ends their life as the lucky predators lunch. And I occasionally like a scene in which the prey gets away.

MrHoppy wrote:Hello Miss Cat! *Maintains a respectable distance, standing confident but ready to leg it* Yes, I've been without Internet for a month. You wouldn't believe how infrequently I've been caught and eaten. From a self-preservation point of view I should blow up my router, but email is so convenient... Also, are you offering to let me go next time? :D

Tabatha_Cat wrote:"Miss Cat" stretches languorously, splaying her claws, sharpening one set on a nearby log. She doesn't appear to be particularly impressed by the rabbit's bost. "Every rabbit I've ever caught and eaten has had a 100% rate of escape before meeting me," she smirks. "As for letting you go, that would be unscientific, don't you agree? It would skew the results." She cocks an eyebrow. "You'll just have to get away honestly, via your speed or your wits or both, and should you fail, well," she shrugs, "I'll just have to try again with another rabbit."

MrHoppy wrote:The rabbit's nose crinkles up like he's bitten into a lemon. "Bah, tautology and half-truths. Is a cat too self-assured to think critically? It's not unscientific in the least, my dear,"--he gets a thrill of danger, speaking so casually to such a dangerous creature--"for science welcomes the counterexample. To wit:"

He pegs it.

( ;) )

The cat turns onto her stomach, a wide smile crossing her face as he dashes off. "Cheeky bastard," she mutters. She actually hadn't planned on hunting today, having fed handsomely not two days ago, but the lapine has left her no choice. "Ohhhh I like him!" she adds, and then she's off in a flash, streaking low across the grass, eyes fixated upon the receding bobbing cotton tail. "That was a challenge, Mr. Bunny!" she calls out merrily. "You'd best be able to back it up, or I shall be dining upon fresh rabbit for supper!"

--Tabatha Cat
Tabatha_Cat
Somewhat familiar

Re: A Scientific Experiment

Postby MrHoppy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:01 am

((Ahem. We now return to our drama, already in progress.))

Alastair doesn't wander outside his territory without good reason, and so he has the advantage of knowing these woods. He has the further advantage of knowing that the taller cat will move faster than he does, and so seeks every opportunity to wind his path. Like now, when there is a dense ivy thicket wound around an old fallen elm. A powerful kick from well-muscled legs changes his course in a heartbeat, leaving him running at a good whack up the gentle incline of the land.

The thicket is tall enough to obscure him from sight, and runs into a denser copse of trees for several metres. It just so happens that the cat could choose to take the hypotenuse in an attempt to gain ground and not have to slow down. Straining to hear him would give the sound of footsteps, still frantically fleeing, although direction is uncertain due to the muffling of the thicket.

If Tabetha knows the area, she will know that the climb is a steady one, and that a shallow river cuts the rabbit's path whichever way he should choose to run in about 400 metres.

(Feel free to invent terrain too!)
MrHoppy
Participator

Return to Private Roleplay