Insane dragon fan incident #517

Strega's fans goes here

Moderator: Strega

Re:

Postby jackalopebob » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:03 pm

Naman wrote:
jackalopebob wrote:trolls are an inevitable part of any forum. I just try and ignore them until they say something funny, or that can be played off of for the amusement of myself and others.
like the Hamster saddle.
I've found few trolls can stand up to being a source of amusement for long.

Yes, but the same trolls trolling over and over don't happen in a properly run forum. :P

true, Moderation is a delicate art. very much many hands making light work, but an exess of chefs spoiling the soup.

sometimes trolls will snap out of it, and become valuable members. and some people have bad days, but still, froma breif survey of this guy's posting, I have to wonder exactly how compromising the photos he has of the admins are.
terastas wrote: just for the record, the old "ignore the bully" technique doesn't work. Most trollers will find just as much delight in a lack of response and just enjoy poking harder until they provoke a reaction.

thus, the second part, when they say something that you find funny, don't hesitate to quote it, out of context if nessesary, but always be tasteful, and do it in a manner that should make it obvious you mean it in good fun.
I find most trolls will either give up, blow up, or settle down if enough people find them amusing.
jackalopebob
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby drac » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:47 pm

If the truth be known, I have not been "picking just on Strega", though I understand he loves the sympathetic "nuzzling" of fellow furries for his imagined persecution. Eka will know that I have frenquently critiqued many stories and art here and it has never arisen in an altercation. Quite the contrary, many people have thanked me, both on BG and here, for my advice and information, particularly pertaining to "all things reptilian."

As I explained on Big Gulp, and Eka can probably verify here, just as I have good naturedly commented on many other stories and artwork, I also commented on Strega's latest piece, with no malice at all, but why I thought it was highly unrealistic. (From what I understand from Eka's policy statements, this is to be expected, as the artists are warned).

A day later, to my surprise, I discovered Strega had rudely, and without cause, eliminated my post, and my post alone from the drawings' commentary. Why this personal attack? I can only surmise that his ego demanded only 100% positive comments posted below his self-styled "materpieces".

Since my fair and reasonable critique was to be censored here at Eka's, I endeavoured to write a vore story that "in its way" explained those things which I pointed out to Strega were unrealistic, and what would have really happened if the scene he had drawn had actually occured. The result was very interesting. Those individuals who I knew were academics with the greatest scientific and historical knowledge about vore, such as Scratch and Rodent, praised the story, and agreed with everything I said. But the thoroughly furry Strega worshippers went into a flaming fury over it, which has still not subsided due to the demonstrated immaturity of some of the most rabid furry Strega-worshippers.

And now the great Strega is indignant because the moderator of that site won't ban the person who has dared upset the furry Strega worshippers, if not the genius himself.

This is the whole story. Sorry Strega, you are not as important as you think you are, either to me, to the moderator of BG, or even to other intelligent and educated vore fans that are not part of your furry clique.

The real and simple truth here is that Strega and the rabid furries succeeded in mostly driving out the Human vore enthusiasts on BG and thought they made it their "Fur exclusive" paradise. But then I, and other RL vore fans have come along and Strega has invented this ridicuous persecution fable. Strega merely instigates the drama, and then lets loose his furry legions to mindlessly flame.

So is the moderator, "Snake" going to bow down to every demand of Strega and his furry confederates to dominate BG and force everyone else out? No. Not yet at least. Can Strega illicit enough sympathy and his flaming furry minons, enough chaos on BG to change Snake's mind? Maybe, but I think Snake has too much integrity to have his site controlled by intolerant, militant furs.

And if you are reading this Eka, since the story in question was so well liked by some of the vore communities' respected pillars, would you object to posting it here so that others might enjoy it as well? I think many would enjoy Megalania Meets Mankind as well, so would appreciate having my own little gallery and also post my RL and vore sculptures there. Of course, if the great Strega threatens to pull his work off your site in protest, I will understand.

And before the Furs reading this fly into a rage, I would ask any of the more sensible people here, merely read the Big Gulp thread in question. The real truth is there, in black and white. I would ask you to pay particular attention to Rodent's very inspired commentary as to who the "Trolls" at Big Gulp really are, and the fact most of the raging furs do not even know what a "Troll" actually is. Since my discovery of Big Gulp, a simple examination of the archives will prove that I have contributed far more helpful information to other writers and artists than Strega has. That is not the trait of a "Troll". But to call that person a troll, is the undeniable trait of a very conceited and self-important person who fears his "kingdom" is being challenged, by the "non-fur" vores who have as much right to use Big Gulp as the Furs.
drac
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Eka » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:17 pm

drac wrote:A lot of things...

It's the attitude and the tendency to insult other's preferences, and judge their fantasy upon carefully selected "fact" we have problem with. Nothing else.

We don't need any other proof beside the fact that more then a few dozens people felt that they, or their preferences, have been insulted.

Let this be your last warning. Case close.
Eka
Administrator

Re:

Postby drac » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:22 pm

You didn't answer my question. Can I post stories here too?
drac
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Eka » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:26 pm

drac wrote:You didn't answer my question. Can I post stories here too?

Those question are already answered in the FAQ. If you have anything directly related to yourself and posting. Please feel free to give me a private message.
Eka
Administrator

Re:

Postby Cobra_Strike » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:33 pm

As a scalie myself, I do take some offence at being thought of as just normal food...but I really like most of the work you have done Strega, I do not have to save what I did not like to look at...I do however understand (assuming the guy isn't JUST a troll) why he might be mad...I really do not like anyone attacking 'my' prefered creatures...I have in RP gave myself TO others...its different to take...it just seems like the perticular scalie has felt personally wronged by you...and hey...I would not mind some more pic of draggons getting to have food either...your art style would make them glow 8)
Cobra_Strike
Participator

Re:

Postby Deioth » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:08 pm

Well, in a medium like the internet, you have to willfully click on the link to see their post. It's much easier to ignore them, it just takes will power. Regardless, Drac has finally been banned from BG, and from the looks of Eka's response to him in this thread, is nearing being banned from here as well.

Good riddance to uptight rubbish ]:89
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Re:

Postby Strega » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:08 pm

Drac, I deleted your response to a previous pic of mine because it was a stereotypical "Drac" post -- "unrealistic, should have been a reptile, blah, blah, blah". I didn't feel it contributed to the thread and I thought it might spark angry replies from other posters. I did read it, but yes, I deleted it.

The towering rage you then flew into and the torrent of bile you've spat in my direction is a massive overreaction on your part. Now, I've written two stories in response to ones by other authors that troubled me, so I cannot complain that you did something similar. I CAN complain that rather than using public domain characters, as I did in those stories (Kaa, Sly Cooper, etc.), you made thinly veiled copies of my and Galis' characters and used the Galis-clone to attack characters that he likes and that I like. Doing so was a direct attack on me, however you try to excuse it as "A realistic outcome", and was enormously rude. On the average forum, this and the continued torrent of abuse (insulting me in practically all of your replies to other peoples' posts) WOULD get you banned from most forums.

You seem to believe that no one else has a right to an opinion. Only Drac Is Right. Well, diversity is nice, too. If you would drop the playground bully antics and stop calling everyone within shouting distance a child, and if you'd stop applying your religion-like view of dragons and reptiles to the fantasy world of vore, we'd get along better.

I don't care who you are or what you do for a living; I have more or less accepted that most of your claims are true. However respected you might be in real life, I can only judge your online self by your behavior, which for the most part has led me to believe that you have the emotional maturity of an early teen or that you simply have serious emotional issues regarding reptiles. You are not the only person I know who cherishes some species and hates to see it hurt, but you certain are the most vocal and the most abusive.

What I think we see happening over on the Big Gulp board is one of the periodic sea changes the board has. Many of the older posters have moved on. In fact, the board population is as low as I've ever seen in. Few people are posting images and most of those are found work as opposed to new material. The board seems ripe for a change, perhaps becoming more of a RL vore board or something unexpected.

Now, Snake has long been of the sit-back-and-watch mindset when it comes to the BG board. Very seldom does he get involved. His inaction regarding your childish behavior may just be more of that. Or, it could be that the vore you send him, yes, that hard-to-get stuff that the rest of us don't get to see, makes it difficult for him to do something. It's a conflict of interest -- or at least a perceived one, which is the same thing in this case.

Maybe I'm seeing the formation of a new clique. That would explain the seemingly inexplicable behavior of another friend of mine, who has attacked everyone who confronted him about your behavior. He's risking friendships to try to defend you. He's fond of RL vore, too. A connection?

I'm not going to burn any bridges. I have a thick enough skin, finally, that I can take this all in stride. That being said, it is no longer worth my trouble to post my art on the BG board. The inevitable drama that results when my interests conflict with yours, and the abuse you hurl at my friends each and every time they complain about your antics, make the place simply a bad investment. I'll keep posting pics and links I find online, unless that too generates too much drama, and comment on other things there I find interesting.

But no more Strega art links on that board for the immediate future. Congratulations! You win.

-- Strega
Strega
hungry woozle

Re:

Postby Terastas » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:23 pm

Deioth wrote:Regardless, Drac has finally been banned from BG

8O

I withdraw all statements made concerning Snake and his concern for his message board until further review.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby Strega » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:57 pm

Yes, update, Drac is now banned from the BG board. I will leave my post above for Drac to read and for others who might be interested, but I withdraw my withdrawal from the BG board. 83

-- Strega
Strega
hungry woozle

Re:

Postby Jag » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:11 pm

Now let us wait for Drac to reply here and spout off rants about how people must have told Snake to ban him and whatnot and stuffs. ^_^
RAWR! I'm a kitty!
Jag
RAWR! I'm a kitty!

Re:

Postby Humbug » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:28 pm

Didn't read this 'til now. Sounds like fun. I bet it wouldn't be too big a deal if the posts weren't so damned HUGE and took up so much space, thus demanding attention and making you (Strega) angry with the content. I won't push this on you, but here's my philosophy: The Internet is a huge place and there are a lot of bastards in the world. It's pointless to get angry at anyone you don't know personally. Now, if you'd had contact with this Drac person before via IM or something and got to know him, then he turned on you and started being vindictive, THAT'd be reason to be totally pissed.

Besides, vore isn't realistic anyway. Sure, scalies can stretch a lot, but a dragon of the same size as some other creature would have just as much difficulty eating that creature as that creature would the dragon. Scaled creatures ARE eaten in RL (Birds eating lizards, etc), so why not in fantasy?

But let's not be too hard on the guy. He's obviously an emotional person and should be able to keep at least a shred of dignity.

Whatever. There're my two cents.
Humbug
---

Re:

Postby SeruOmen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:42 pm

I think we're all being just as stubborn as he is... maybe if we try and forgive, he may realize what got everyone so upset, and simmer down? A problem is nevre completely one-sided^_^
SeruOmen
I like sword

Re:

Postby Humbug » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:48 pm

D'accord.
(Agreed.)
Thanks for saying that, Seru.
Humbug
---

Postby SpicyDragon » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:19 am

I'm kinda dissapointed that Drac got banned, but I'm not really suprised.

It's not hard to recognise how outlandish he was, but have you ever thought to, you know, ignore him? Is this really a universal trait of furries--that you must, no matter what, read word-for-word every single offensive post ever made, take whatever was said to heart, and get overdramatic about it?

Drac's post were deeply irrational and kinda nuts, but that's not what made him famous for trolling. It was the ridiculous aftermath that followed his posts, which involved many more players than Drac himself, that made him famous.

I knew the second I saw his name pop up as a new post on the BG forum that his thread would balloon to 50+ responses in a day, full of people whining, bitching, boo hoo hooing and threatening to leave. Are people really so oversensitive and insecure that you couldn't just, you know...let it go? Ignore it? Are you compelled to be dramatic every time something pops up that you disagree with?

Ultimately, Drac really wasn't your average troll. At least he thoughtfully made his points, no matter how crazy they might have been. It was totally and completely in your power to simply ignore him if you didn't like his criticism. He wasn't banned for being a troll. He never spammed. He never used all caps. His posts were never inherently disruptive. He was banned because people were incapable of reading his posts without helplessly spiraling towards mental and emotional oblivion.

And for those of you thanking Snake as though a great injustice was set right, please keep in mind that this was not some 'victory' for you. It was a total, pathetic, embarassing defeat that you were unable to handle your own emotional misgivings and needed someone to censor the big mean man making all those big mean internet posts about you.
SpicyDragon
New to the forum

Re:

Postby drac » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:53 am

It is pretty apparent from the comments here that Strega, as well as everyone else who has commented here, (clearly of the Furry persuasion), haven't any clue where I am coming from. But I hope you, Strega, will have the courtesy to keep this post up since you have the power to delete it just as you have deleted the post which was a catalyst to this recent episode. After all, I took a bit of time composing it, and it seems it is "expected".

For the record, (and with my apologies to real "scalies" in the furry sense), I have never had a problem with "dragons as prey" when it is realistically portrayed. I enjoy a lot ot the dragon on dragon vore stories and art and was actually looking forward to the one Strega had promised, but then after months, apparently the idea was dropped.

You see, I really am not a scalie. I have never roleplayed a dragon or other reptile. I personally see the whole role-playing animal thing rather bizaare. I didn't even know what a Fur was until I stumbled on BG about a year ago.

My dragon connection comes from a combined interest in vore, living reptiles, and ancient and medieval history. And when those three things are combined it spells "dragons", and that is the subject of my next book:, the dragons that fill Judao Christian theology, that few Jews and Christians know anything about, becasue modern people are not supposed to believe in dragons anymore.

When I wrote the now infamous, little story after seeing Strega had deleted my post, two of the most intelligent (academically speaking) members of the BG community highly praised it, becasue they to were sick and tired of Strega's continued demeaning of dragons in his art and stories. Are these mentally imbalanced "dragon freaks"? No, no more than I am. All three of us, whose interest in these creatures goes back to centuries-old legend in which dragons are exeedingly wise, and exeedingly powerful, often gods, or as my book explains, servants or assistants of God, are all annoyed at this behavior of Strega and other Furs, who are probably oblivious to this.

Here's is a remarkably similar example based on a true incident. Someone can piss in a jar with a picture of Jesus and have it acclaimed as a great work of art by his groupies. Others might take offense to it. This is what is happening here. I don't believe I'm a dragonkin, and such nonsense, nor do the supporters of the story, like Rodent, but they see Strega's continued passion to have mutant skunks and the like, overcoming a creature which has become a significant facet of some world's great religions, mythologies and literature, rather offensive. So in this case, Strega IS the artist who pisses in the jar with Jesus' picture. It is his right, and even if you do not believe Jesus is the Son of God, or in our case that dragons are more to many cultures and individuals that simply "another cartoon character", there are other people besides myself that think Strega and others go too far in this sort of thing. The little story I wrote graphically illustrated what would have probably really happened if a "mutant skunk thing" tried to swallow what World culture almost unanimously concedes is the wisest and most power non-human creature in the world. In any case, a creature of mythic proportions that might deserve a bit more dignity than improbably being reduced to a giant skunk turd. And I am happy to say this is not only my view, but the view of one of "Strega's good freinds", and one who I don't think Strega would brand as an "insane dragon fan" as I have been branded.

My first "run in" with the Furry fans of Strega was questioning a cartoon insulting various cultures God's, reducing them to the ingignity of a vore cartoon (no less insulting than the previous analogy of pissing on Christ?) On my many trips to India, I am a guest in a home whose inhabitants worhip that Goddess with a fairly large statue of her in a shrine occupying the most important part of the house.

It is sad that the same furry fans who loves Strega's trampling of other peoples cultural and religious icons, are quick to accuse me of being a bigot if I happen to say "Jap" instead of Japanese. I can assure you that many adult Japanese share my disgust of the rage filled material those Anime studio push on the children of the world, and I can also assure you the Japanese people as a whole would be far, far, more incensed and enraged of Stregas depiction of a near-God, benificent celestial dragon being half swallowed and slowly, tortuously digested that way, than by any historical commentary I can give on Japanese atrocities in WWII (because they as I, know it is true).

Strega seems genuinely upset for me to have treated his "Skunksnakes" in a similar fashion, but he seems oblivious to doing the same to a cultural icon and religious diety to about two billion people. I wrote that story, mostly because of the tortured "oriental dragon", depicted being swallow by the same snakeskunk thing. And even if I don't believe such a dragon is the benificent spirit the Oriental world believes it to be, those two billion people do.

As to my "flaunting my credentials" this is no truer than my being an "insane dragon fan". There are many immature people who have very rudely attacked me on BG for doing no more than questioning Strega's delight in dragging religious icons thorugh the mud (or turning them into animal dung), for this this I get accusations that I am "just a 15 year old troll like Methen". How does one counter that? Obviously telling the truth doesn't help, because then you are "flaunting your credentials". And when sometimes no less than 20 people are verbally abusing me as once, I have held my own quite well and humiliated them for their childish behavior. Maybe I was "supposed to leave" after that, like others I have been told they have driven off what they think is a "Fur Only" domain. And maybe I have been so successful in these verbal battles because I could present more truths than they, which has made me all the more detestable in their eyes.

Strega cannot understand "why Rodent would defend me so defiantly", but it is probably because he is one of the most thoughtful, insightful and intelligent people on the board. He is looking at this at a distance, and not with the emotional fervor of Strega and his fans who wrongly think my only reason to be on the board is to insult them. No one has evidently listened, but he has told the truth, a truth even Strega had to admit in a post once to quell his fantatic fans. The only reason I may sound belittling and insulting to the "furs", is because from day 1 they have done their best to drive me off the board for no other crime than not being "one of them" .

I guess I should be flattered the some people here have nothing better to do than to to track down all of my interenet activity to "prove" I am a troll. But as Rodent so eloquently pointed out, none of my antagonists know what the word Troll means, and that they far more fit the role of troll than I ever have. Have I been banned from a site? Yes. For being a troll? No. It was for disturbing fundamentalist Christians with impeccable scriptural evidence for the dragons in the Bible, that they could not contest, so could only ban me. Or in another case, a site in which everyone else was a "fangirl", and they could not accept any critique of the author's authenticity in the book which was the subject of the fansite. It was not unlike what was carried out on Big Gulp.

I did not see the post just posted before mine until proofing this one as mine was started earlier. I confirms what I said here that it should be no secret of the real reason I was "banned". It was nothing I had done, it was the same, incessant, never ending harrasment of Snake by this same clique of people who have tried to drive me off of BG from the first day I arrived and it was discovered I was not a fur. And I am not the only one. Several people have stated how this same clique has driven off all the human human vore (which I have no love for either, but they had as much right to be there). And I have seen some great stories posted by others, that scarecely get a nod because the weren't written by Furs.

What have "they" won? I can still go to BG to learn the latest vore news and read the latest stories. They will receive no more attacks as to their immaturity from me. But then, they never would have received them anyway if they hadn't attacked me in the first place. All they have done is perhaps win the continued affection of Strega for righting my perceived wrongs inflicted with my latest story and previous critiques, (both being things these message boards are for), but the the irony of which, is that a good friend of Strega's fully agreed on the board that what I did was the "right thing", and the story was appropriate and should be there. The only losers of this latest drama, will be those many writers and artists, who enjoyed my critiques, advice, vore news and commentaries, which were probably as prolific as anyone's input there. I suppose I lose from having the love of being an educator by profession, and can no longer "educate' anyone on subjects interesting to me. But the greatest irony of course is that probably the person who it will be hurt the most, is the very person whose time and effort made this message board possble in the first place. Yes, Snake's work to produce the board for them is repaid like this. For he probably appreciated my contributions more than anyone, yet was forced to do this after a year of whining attackers made his life too miserable to fight this clique any longer. I wonder how proud they are in making the man miserable who gave them the board in the first place?
drac
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Deioth » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:19 pm

Another load from Drac I'm happily ignoring. It doesn't take much to just scroll on by ]:8D
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Terastas » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:40 pm

I think anyone deserves a medal if they have the patience to read all of that. I, however, am only going to address the essentials of your reply for three reasons.

1) Nobody will want to one lengthy post right after another.

2) This is the exact same bullshit you were preaching almost a year ago when I took my first initial leave from the BG, and I know any claims to the opposite will just result in you repeating yourself again.

3) I'm laughing as I'm writing this.

First of all, lets start with something simple: The "Flaunting your Credentials." You are frequently accused of such because, though you have claimed to be the manager of a museum, a published author, a Persian Gulf veteran, etc., you have provided absolutely no details, which museum you work in, what books you have written, what it was you did in Iraq, etc. What you may not know about the BG community is that many of us have met each other in person, most often at AnthroCon. Many of us know the face behind the weaslepede, but for yourself, we have only your word; you've never once mentioned the name of the museum you work at or the titles of the books you have written -- all we have are your claims. You talk so much about yourself, and yet at the same time we know nothing about you. You shouldn't talk about yourself so much if you don't want us to know anything about you.

I am especially doubtful of your claims of prestige after reading this:
My first "run in" with the Furry fans of Strega was questioning a cartoon insulting various cultures God's, reducing them to the ingignity of a vore cartoon (no less insulting than the previous analogy of pissing on Christ?) On my many trips to India, I am a guest in a home whose inhabitants worhip that Goddess with a fairly large statue of her in a shrine occupying the most important part of the house.

For the first time in my life, I'm glad I took that Eastern Art class in college before I had to drop out (financial issues, long story). You are partially right: Though technically only a minor diety in Hindu mythology, Ganesha is the Lord of Good Fortune and therefore a very popular diety in Hindu culture. What you may not have known is that Ganesha can also be spelled 'Ganesa' or 'Ganesh,' and that a good majority of English speakers use 'Ganesh.' In the case of Strega's, the name "Ganesha" is simply derrived from adding an a onto "Ganesh" to make the name feminine and was only meant to be similar in appearance, not not directly mistaken for, the diety of the same name.

You did recognize the name, but you apparently failed to take into account that Ganesh, no matter how you spell it, is always male. If you're as prestigious as you claim to be, you shouldn't have needed a college drop-out to remind that to you.

Finally, though I make know claim to know why Rodent defended you, I can theorize. Rodent identifies himself as one of the "old-timers" of BG. He has been posting for longer than most of us and knows the faces behind both the snake and the weaslepede. It is my belief, therefore, that Rodent has formed three false conclusions which are unfortunately commonplace in net culture.

1) Quantity = Quality.
2) Tenure > Behavior.
3) The message board is equal or equivalent to the community.

The only reason he defended you initially, I believe, is to avoid conflict in general. Though you did provide content, most of it was designed to be offensive and alienating, and therefore did more to hurt the message board than help it. Quantity does not equal quality.

Second, he only defended you adamantly when the accusations also included Snake (also an "old-timer" in Rodent's book) for seemingly making no effort to stop the flame war. He had no problem accusing me of trolling and flaming because he knows little about me. It was only when you revealed that your intent behind the story was a petty grudge against Strega (another of Rodent's old-timers) that he turned against you. Tenure does not justify bad behavior.

Finally, I believe he sticks around at large because he's been posting at the BG so long that he's come to think of us as the Big Gulp community instead of the Vore Community, and that websites like VoreTex, Vor-Com and Eka's Portal are just sub-groups to BG. Rodent never defended you so defiantly; he was defending the message board. When I withdrew my comments regarding Snake's level of commitment/apathy, he had this to say in response:
It was your attack on Snake's intelligence and integrity that spurred my reply to you.

I never objected to people posting strong opinions about Drac, but the unfounded claims that Snake was being manipulated by Drac was going too far.

So, I too will retract the statements I had directed at you in my reply to your post.

While I do not agree with this decision by Snake (for reasons unrelated specifically to Drac), it is his decision and I will not debate this. After all, it will cut down the amount of drama here in the future.

The mean thing to do would be to describe this as "Mussolini is always right," but Snake's far from a facist (indeed I was beginning to question his presence at BG, hence my Big Brother reference), so that would be unfair.

Simply put Drac, your opinions are uncouth, uncalled for, unfounded, and unwelcome. If you are still under the impression that you have committed absolutely no wrong and that your consequential alienation and banning from three otherwise completely unrelated forums were the results of three separate conspiracies by the entire message board communities, I expect to one day Google your name out of boredom and find you flaunting your credentials on your death bed.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby Leika » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:54 pm

Hey, Strega. Lots of people love your work, including myself, and as we have seen, most of those who don't fancy your art or stories still respect you as a person. Don't let drac get you down. Most of us are here to have fun rather than complain and troll, and we appreciate your contributions more than ever before.
Leika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Chrisis » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:59 pm

@Drac

As idiotic as I may be that post confuses me a little.

Are these dragons supposed to be one and the same as of celestial being from the worlds cultures? Could they not just be other offsets or a subspecies? Cause saying that inherently any dragon is of holy nature is like saying any human of middle-eastern descent who lived in 0 was Jesus christ

Aren't in some religions furrs, or things similar there to considered deities or Dæmons as well? Or creatures of a similar nature (Anubis, many of the avatars of Vishnu, etc) also in a relm where they are either nigh omnipotent or at least incredibly powerfull? (The goatheaded one in certain Celtic circles, before he was linked with lucifer) Are these religions of less import in some way? Or is it just that since the characters do not spefically represent them that it is wrong? And if that is the case what is the problem with it being non holy dragons?

As for the community you were banned from, as much as I disagree with you and the issues I may have with your statements, you have just as much right to state those oppinions as long as it is in a manner that is non offensive. to quote you (or a guest mascarading as you with similar ideas)

draconic chronicler. wrote:Total Cr_p: Human/human vore, or equally rididulous "nagas" with human upper halves who also "magically" swallow whole/live large prey with normal looking human heads. I don't even know the names of the artists in this category, as I do not look at the "art" long enough to notice.

Using words such as total crap I believe some people may find offensive (as someone who falls into a primarily humanoid even if not human catagory I would just preffer kinder wording) So if you could be less inflamatory with your statements and softened the impact by using less abrasive words, I'm sure you would not get this dramatic and also abrasive backlash. So even though what you id was unkind it was still within your right. But along with your rights you must take into consideration people who are abrasive when no need arises will inherently draw fire from others and it may be best to not keep your mouth shut, but to at least put a sugar coating on the words to make them seem much nicer to those they are pointed at.

To call people childish after you used a particularly aggravating manner of conveying your information is to for lack of a better example poke a tiger in the nose with a stick. Sure poking with a stick is just minorly annoying but since you do obviously have a keen intellect (as shown by your grammar and spelling being far superior to mine) should not consider the rending tiger to be doing something wrong as it was the expected reaction.

PS I am not a fur, thus cannot be part of this fur bregade that you feel is against you.

-The wandering retard Chrisis
Integrated Isicera, Devourer of the Omniverse here to enlighten, devour, and transcend. <3
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

PreviousNext

Return to Strega's kingdom