Rules for seeking roleplay or conversation on Aryion.com

If you are looking for partner trying to arrange a roleplay or conversation, feel free to post them here, one topic for each player only! Check the rules for more info!
Forum rules
Seeking partner! forum rules:
1) 1 topic (thread) per player only. Check rules if you need help finding your old thread. There is no deleting thread option here.
2) Reply by private message only.
3) Seeking partner forum are for personal classifies only. Not for discussion or arrangement!
4) When replies. Check the classifies carefully to see how the owner wish to be contacted.

PS: This is the only place for seeking roleplay advertising on aryion.com!

Re: RULES for seeking roleplay forum, 1 topic per player only!!

Postby Genetic » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 pm

>. Bump. And so people know, you can edit your topic and change the name for those that didnt know, figured that might help if the topic name need changing.
Genetic
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:27 pm

bump
Eka
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Zeara » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:37 pm

I apollogize for my mishaps, glad i read this now. But you mentioned people break them everytime you bump..... Wow...
All Arise...
Now be seated...
Now Arise again...
Now get down with yo self!!
*funky music*
Zeara
Participator

Blog: View Blog (30)

Postby Genetic » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:30 am

Why bump this, its always at the top, its pinned and what not, so bumping it is pointless.
Genetic
New to the forum

Postby John » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Genetic wrote:Why bump this, its always at the top, its pinned and what not, so bumping it is pointless.

I believe it is to get it shown on the front page when you first load up the site. That way it gets pumped into the recently updated/replied to posting list so people can see it if they're first visiting. As well it it helps the moderators point out to someone who violates the rules by saying it's kept as accessible as possible and they should be aware of it.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Genetic » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:44 am

With how many replies everyone gives and what not, even new posts it is hard too keep something like this on top even if bumped often. If there is a sticky note for where it is, why not post the same thing on the front page instead. Or atleast stickynote links too all the important things. It makes it more on the simple tone, and doesnt waste bandwidth
Genetic
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:37 am

It is sticky.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Kinne » Sat May 09, 2009 2:17 pm

i broke a rule. so i bump with my apology
Kinne
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (40)

Postby John » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm wondering if there could be a new rule needed? I'm seeing an increase of posts in LFRP threads akin to "Hey, I'm not interested in playing with you but I'm wishing you luck!" Such posts seem quite pointless and rude.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:59 pm

There already are rule against those, user are suppose to whisper for contact. And if they are off topic (not interested seem pretty off topic to me, considers you are not suppose to bump for someone out of pity anyway) Report them so they can be deleted if you wish.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Eka » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:33 pm

bump
Eka
Administrator

Postby Nerva » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Eka wrote:2) Reply by private message unless otherwise noted. If you don't mind people replies to the topic itself. Leave a note saying so. Otherwise, any replies might be deleted.

3) Seeking roleplay are for personal classifies only. For arranging actual roleplay, Roleplay sign up or such, should be moved to the vore roleplay forum or use private messaging.

I've noticed that, of late, these two rules haven't been enforced very well. It's lead to things like long conversations in threads (which keep them at the top for longer than they should be), old & unmaintained threads being bumped to the top by careless people who don't watch post dates, and other stuff that makes it hard for current, regularly-maintained threads to stay close to the top.

Couple examples (no offense is intended by using these):

• Giantess Juliet's Thread - this one just got bumped by unwillingmorsel16, despite the fact that Juliet herself stopped seeking RPs at the beginning of November, last year The entire second page consists of posts from people who didn't read the first. EDIT: Looks like this was just recently taken care of.
  • zearo8's Thread - this one stayed near the top of the forum for quite some time due to random conversation going on in the thread. Also, the owner himself has been bumping too frequently; his last four posts were on the 7th, the 5th, and two on the 4th.
IMO, I believe the rules could use some more enforcement, and possibly stand to be tightened up a bit. Particularly Rule #2: I can understand replying in-thread if you'd like them to clarify their preferences and such, but holding conversations with people in your thread is just a cheap way of dodging the "one bump per week" rule. We have a PM system, and IMO, this would be a good place to encourage its use. Also, I feel it should be up to a thread's owner to be the sole bumper of their thread.

I don't want to sound like a nazi or anything, but this forum has hundreds of potential roleplayers on it. Given that there's only one forum for seeking RPs, and you're only allowed a single thread, I feel it's important to set up and enforce the rules so that everybody gets their fair share of time at the top of the forum when they bump.
Nerva
???

Postby Eka » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Nerva wrote:
  • Giantess Juliet's Thread - this one just got bumped by unwillingmorsel16, despite the fact that Juliet herself stopped seeking RPs at the beginning of November, last year The entire second page consists of posts from people who didn't read the first. EDIT: Looks like this was just recently taken care of.
  • zearo8's Thread - this one stayed near the top of the forum for quite some time due to random conversation going on in the thread. Also, the owner himself has been bumping too frequently; his last four posts were on the 7th, the 5th, and two on the 4th.

That's why we have a report button. To help us tighten the enforcement, simply use the report button, if you see something that need reported. So it can be dealt with. Thanks!
Eka
Administrator

Postby Mirukani » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:30 pm

I agree with Nerva. The past month or so, especially, I think this has become a problem. I've made changes to my own seeking RP thread about once a week and bumped when I've made them, and it seems like within the first 24 hours, it gets pushed to the middle or bottom of the page, often with conversations that are going on in the same few threads.

Eka, would another moderator specifically for this forum help out with this at all? Someone who regularly frequents this board. For example, I always check for new replies whenever I see that they've been made in this particular subforum, just out of a force of habit. But right now, as a casual forum-goer and not anyone with specific modding privileges or (as I consider them) duties, I don't feel compelled to read through the most recent posts if the OP's requests/likes don't fit my tastes. I'm sure many people feel the same way.
Mirukani
---

Blog: View Blog (38)

Postby Eka » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Mirukani wrote:I agree with Nerva. The past month or so, especially, I think this has become a problem. I've made changes to my own seeking RP thread about once a week and bumped when I've made them, and it seems like within the first 24 hours, it gets pushed to the middle or bottom of the page, often with conversations that are going on in the same few threads.

Eka, would another moderator specifically for this forum help out with this at all? Someone who regularly frequents this board. For example, I always check for new replies whenever I see that they've been made in this particular subforum, just out of a force of habit. But right now, as a casual forum-goer and not anyone with specific modding privileges or (as I consider them) duties, I don't feel compelled to read through the most recent posts if the OP's requests/likes don't fit my tastes. I'm sure many people feel the same way.

Long as they are reported, all of them will be dealt with.

If someone reply publicly in a seeking roleplay thread that didn't specifies public respond is ok, simply report it. I will warn that user to pay attention and delete the message. If you found any that are missed, please report them as well. That should be all I need to get this taken care of.

We have enough mods, we just don't have enough people using the report button properly.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Mirukani » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Eka wrote:We have enough mods, we just don't have enough people using the report button properly.

I, personally, will be a little more vigilant. Everyone with a thread here deserves a chance for people to see their stuff.
Mirukani
---

Blog: View Blog (38)

Re: RULES for seeking roleplay on Aryion.com. Updated Jan 2010

Postby Eka » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Seeking roleplay rules have been majorly revised.

Rules that are no longer relevant are striked out. The Red part is the new rule. The Orange red part is modified on existing rule. Please read before posing!

Few major changes:

1) You can't reply, at all! Private message only!

2) use the bump button at the bottom for bumping is the only way to bump things from now on

3) edit your first post is the only way to add new information

Please report your own topic if you want me to clean up your topic.

If you have question, just ask in this thread
Eka
Administrator

Re: RULES for seeking roleplay on Aryion.com. Updated Jan 2010

Postby Eka » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:37 pm

PS: asking for your topic to be cleaned up will give you a free bump if it isn't newly created.
Eka
Administrator

Previous

Return to Seeking partner!