Need help/Suggestion for my 3d Animation

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Need help/Suggestion for my 3d Animation

Postby FakeInferno » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:41 am

Hello everyone! I am a 3d artist/hobbyist, I have a gallery here as well.
I am currently making a 3d animation, But there is something I always struggle with.. That is the sound effects and background music..

Here is the animation so far... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujSvZy ... share_link

Can someone please suggest sound effects for bits like when the prey is crawling and trying to escape, when the pred grabs him, places him in mouth..
also if someone can suggest some male and female voice bits.. like sound effects that can be used in animations will also be appreciated.

(Please don't judge the animation quality too much, I am by no means a professional animator, just a hobbyist)
FakeInferno
New to the forum

Re: Need help/Suggestion for my 3d Animation

Postby hotpocketshogun » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:33 am

Off to a good start. animation lives or dies by its tiny details. Never have something sitting completely still. a tiny sloooow motion across a few seconds is enough. I hate doing sound work myself. I use source filmmaker and by default it comes with many many sounds from other source games that can help bolster your library. otherwise some background music might help excuse some of the quietness. I'm uploading 8 gigs of royalty free music to my onedrive because i forgot where i found them. The songs are divided by artists so you can credit as you like.

copy and paste
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3c086WdP1uxgGHf20 ... O?e=ZEpFU9
hotpocketshogun
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cardi » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:41 am

First, what software do you use to edit and mix audio?

Second, if you can't figure out what audio you should put in a scene, look for references, like ASMR videos, other people's animations, or even yourself.
You can always find many sound effects at https://freesound.org/.

third, as general advice, always put some sort of background white noise: there is no place on earth that is absolutely free from background noise.

(also, I just created a "crawling on fabric" sound effect for your animation, but I have no idea how to send it to you)
(also also, it's a good idea to do the audio before the animation if you need to do some syncing)
Cardi
New to the forum

Postby FakeInferno » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:35 pm

hotpocketshogun wrote:Off to a good start. animation lives or dies by its tiny details. Never have something sitting completely still. a tiny sloooow motion across a few seconds is enough. I hate doing sound work myself. I use source filmmaker and by default it comes with many many sounds from other source games that can help bolster your library. otherwise some background music might help excuse some of the quietness. I'm uploading 8 gigs of royalty free music to my onedrive because i forgot where i found them. The songs are divided by artists so you can credit as you like.

copy and paste
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3c086WdP1uxgGHf20 ... O?e=ZEpFU9

Thank You so much for the resource!! I really really appreciate it!
FakeInferno
New to the forum

Postby FakeInferno » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:40 pm

Cardi wrote:First, what software do you use to edit and mix audio?

Second, if you can't figure out what audio you should put in a scene, look for references, like ASMR videos, other people's animations, or even yourself.
You can always find many sound effects at https://freesound.org/.

third, as general advice, always put some sort of background white noise: there is no place on earth that is absolutely free from background noise.

(also, I just created a "crawling on fabric" sound effect for your animation, but I have no idea how to send it to you)
(also also, it's a good idea to do the audio before the animation if you need to do some syncing)

I use audacity for audio, and kdenlive for video editing/compiling/compositing.

Thanks for the suggestion of ASMR videos, that would definitely be helpful!
You can just upload the file online on any cloud service type thing and DM me the link! (Also really appreciate the fact you made whole new sound effect for this animation! ^^)
FakeInferno
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!