Ambig. gender/ Ambig. gender vore

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

What do you think? (not just artisticly, but also pref-wise)

I'll pay you if you give up art.
14%
I'm not feelin' it.
No votes
Neutral.
29%
Not too shabby.
43%
Have my babies.
14%

Total votes : 7

Ambig. gender/ Ambig. gender vore

Postby Francois » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:48 am

I think this is kinda a test or example, but a bit of feed back might be nice.
First of all, I just want to say that pointing out any of the numerous mechanical/anitomical mystakes/impossibilities will not be nessisary. Suggestions on fixing them are most definately welcome.

What we have here is actually m/m, but there's no way of telling. This is a drawing I did on my computer (only took a couple hours) of Pedro, who is a 5' 6" white anthro bunny and my primary avatar, and his best friend, Midnight the black size-shifting dragon. Pedro often has pred friends of his reform him with a new form. This is his "Drabbit" form. I think that's about all; tell me what you think.
Francois
"Ask me about animated gifs"

Postby Eka » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:15 am

It is really... really nice. I struggle to find thing I can complain about. Good job... 8O
Eka
Administrator

Postby Francois » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:24 am

You really think so? Wow, thanks a lot.
Francois

Postby Throku » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:35 am

You're a funny #%?&! I almost clicked the pay not to do art just because it was funny. :P

But on a more serious note, it is really nice, not my pref, but it is well drawn.

The only thing I can come up with that bothered me was that it wasn't really obvious where the body of the pred goes. After having looked at it for some time I figure the Drabit is a really skinny fella, and that furred thing below the neck is the other arm showing.

I'd like to see some more detail on the body, maybe more hinting on the chest muscles, something that makes it more obvious where the body is and how it is positioned. Judging by the arms he is pretty fit, so showing more muscles on the chest and abdominal wouldn't seem out of place.

Well and just because it is you :P I'll mention that you see top side of the upper arm, which is something I can't manage in the mirror holding my hand up like that :P
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Francois » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:38 pm

First of all, thanks a lot for the extensive comment. Like I said, work posted in the forums will garner a projected 170% more comments. Or was it 270%?

Throku wrote:The only thing I can come up with that bothered me was that it wasn't really obvious where the body of the pred goes. After having looked at it for some time I figure the Drabit is a really skinny fella, and that furred thing below the neck is the other arm showing.

I'd like to see some more detail on the body, maybe more hinting on the chest muscles, something that makes it more obvious where the body is and how it is positioned. Judging by the arms he is pretty fit, so showing more muscles on the chest and abdominal wouldn't seem out of place.

Yeah, one thing that I have problems with is keeping the musculature and or fur patterns consistant. I'm pretty satisfied with the head and what's sticking out of it, except for the ear possitions. The body is pretty amorphous, purhaps it would look more finished if I cropped most of it off. This drawing is traced from the third figure in a concept scetch I made, which I'm about to show you. I just erased the background into gray so you can see the second figure which I erased.

Throku wrote:Well and just because it is you :P I'll mention that you see top side of the upper arm, which is something I can't manage in the mirror holding my hand up like that :P

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. There are actually two arms here. The more muscular one isactually a wing, and the other arm just goes straight down.

Here is another drawing where the body might as well be cropped off (except for the fact that that is where the watermark is because I didn't want to obscure the face). This one was a modification of a previous project that I was never going to finish. The modification part took about 4 hours, I believe, but it was done in one sitting. Read the description. The pred is female, and if you can't see the picture (DA hates some people), let me know and I'll upload it.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23820559/
Francois

Postby Throku » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:39 am

That it is a wing makes more sense :P and so does what I thought was the body instead being an arm. That explains the angled line on the bottom of it too.

But all just goes to show that my initial statement was true. Where's the body?

I'm not so sure about leving out parts and including some when you in "RL" would be able to see both, the mind still tries to make sense of the picture and when it can't it takes away from it, unless it's supposed to be some surreal art I guess.

Hmm...I dunno what to do, but like you said, cutting away that of the picture that's below the prey's tail helps. :P I guess it's a problem avoided kind of suloution.

The picture on DA shows though, that the body does add to the picture although undetailed, it's just has to include enough fo you to see what it is.
I didn't like the blurr though, made me feel like I should get glasses or something.
As I said, the details are on the head, but cropping away the rest , I dunno, maybe it's me that want's to see where the prey is going to some extent, that made me think that the picture was lacking.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Shorty » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:02 pm

Looks quite nice, though the bunny looks a bit fearsome with those face an eyes. Dunno if the fearsome part was intentional or not. Not really much I can post since I'm not that swell at judging are. But looks very professional, not to mention inovative since your not drawing a normal bipedal bunny. Fur is nicely placed along with the muscle tones one would have to expect on such a creature. Nice job
Shorty
The one everyone should cuddle

Postby Francois » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:17 pm

Shorty wrote:Looks quite nice, though the bunny looks a bit fearsome with those face an eyes. Dunno if the fearsome part was intentional or not. Not really much I can post since I'm not that swell at judging are. But looks very professional, not to mention inovative since your not drawing a normal bipedal bunny. Fur is nicely placed along with the muscle tones one would have to expect on such a creature. Nice job

Hey, thanks. Yeah, the angry look just kinda happened. If you look at the origional sketch he looks much more friendlier there. He's really a nice bunny. Black eyes may have looked less angry, but he has dark pink ones. I was kinda trying to make a squinty smilie type thing.
Francois

Return to Work to be shared!