Eka's Portal Writing Group - November - To be Skipped

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Eka's Portal Writing Group - November - To be Skipped

Postby Imrhys » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:38 pm

November will be skipped due to lack of participation!

The EPWG is a casual monthly topic for authors to post short stories or portions of larger stories and get guaranteed feedback. Everyone is welcome to participate! Authors who submit a story any given month are asked to read and comment on the three stories that are assigned to them that same month, but you don't have to be an author to read and give feedback, and authors don't have to limit their feedback just to the stories assigned to them. You can check out the guidelines for participation here, and you can participate in the discussion surrounding the EPWG here, if you'd like.

Authors of all skill levels and interests are welcome (see the guidelines for details); please just make sure you do your best to proofread your submission, and make sure it in some way is related to vore or endo, given the nature of this site.

- - - - - - -

Need a little inspiration to help you get started? How about participating in this month's Theme/Challenge?

Suggested Theme for this month - How might mortals/modern society have gotten "All Hallows Eve" wrong, and how the vorish "real world" really feels about "trick or treat" and the ever yummy humans/mundains/clueless "mortals" and that one night everything that creepeth and crawleth gets to openly come out and... Play?

Remember, the Theme is completely optional. If it does not help your writing, then do what works best for you.

- - - - - - -

DEADLINES:
All submissions for November must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Tuesday, November 1st.
All critiques for November must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Wednesday, November 30th.

- - - - - - -
Last edited by Imrhys on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imrhys
---

Re: Eka's Portal Writing Group - November - Open

Postby Imrhys » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:38 pm

To enter this month, just read the first post to make sure you know what's going on, and fill out a copy of this template in your own post! :)

Instructions: Quote this post when you post your submission. Everything in bold should stay, and everything not in bold should be deleted or replaced. Attach your submission as an .rtf or .doc or .txt or .pdf, or post a link. If you link off-site, make sure it's publicly accessible (no password-protection) and isn't swarming with ads or is poorly-formatted.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Answer with how you prefer to be called in posts. (Example: 4ofSwords)
Your writing library URL(s): (Example: http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=102910)
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? (They're only 1127 words. Consider them good preparation for your reading assignment.)
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? (This is the heart and soul of the reading group - it's important.)
Have you proofread your own story? (Yes is the only good answer!)

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Let us know a little something about the story. Make this part compelling to help you get readers! (Example: Spider Woman. She's a science experiment gone wrong. He's from some shadowy government agency. He … err, the other 'He'... is dinner! Lust, intrigue, and plenty of spidery vore and cocooning!)
Word Count: Give an accurate, discrete, positive integer. There is no hard limit to word count, but stories assigned readers aren't responsible for more than the first 2000 words or so, and stories over 5000 words should be considered for breaking into smaller chapters.
Rating and Classification: Let us know what kind of vore and how much. Be sure to let us know if there is sex, gore, scat, digestion, etc., since those tend to be the major touchpoints. (Example: Rated “R” for descriptive nudity, sexiness, and naughty words. Contains F/M spidery (oral/vampiric) vore.)
Type of Critique Preferred: Do you want it harsh or gentle? In-depth, or impressionistic? Are you looking for the reader to pay special attention to technique, or to grammar, or to style? (Example: Harsh/honest critique is preferred. Tell me what you liked or didn't, or what took you out of the reading experience. Specific examples preferred.)
Questions for the Readers: If there's anything in particular you want the reader to think about or answer, here's your chance! (Example: Was her monologuing a bit much?)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Tell us what you'd prefer to read or not to read. (Example: I like sentient female preds. I dislike scat, pain, and cockvore. I will read anything from Pokemon fanfic to the scenes that make Larry Flint blush.)
Critiquing Style: What kind of a critic are you? (Example: I'm a pretty harsh critic who is easily hung up by bad spelling and punctuation. I'm handy at suggesting alternative wording/plot points, etc.)

Don't forget to attach your writing!

Summary of previous Chapters If you need a summary of previous chapters OR key back story, Please insert it via this spoiler area.
Spoiler: show
Quote this post to call up the HTML tags that produced this.
Imrhys
---

Postby Tassie » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:55 am

This was very fun last I tried and would love to enter again. I posted a story last year perfect for the theme, but perhaps I can try another?

If I don't finish a new story, may I critique besides?
Tassie
Participator

Postby ConcordantOpposition » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:51 am

I'm going to roll over my submission from October.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Concordant
Your writing library URL(s): http://aryion.com/g4/user/ConcordantOpposition
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes and yes
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Of course
Have you proofread your own story? At least twice

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: A sorceress and her apprentice-turned-son conduct an experiment.
Word Count: 9,661
Rating and Classification: PG-13, no sex but some things might be interpreted as lewd. Technically there's nudity but it's not described. The tags look something like this: (F/m, non-fatal, partial full-tour, shrunken male, fantasy, gentle, maternal, consensual, burping, post-vore stuffing)
Type of Critique Preferred: Be as harsh as you want. I have a handle on basics like spelling, punctuation, and formatting, so I'm more looking for overall style advice, dialogue, characterization, that sort of stuff.
Questions for the Readers: Was it overly descriptive? Was Valeria and Garren's relationship and interaction believable? Is there too much exposition?

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I'd prefer to avoid sapient/humanoid male preds. Animals and monsters are fine, female humanoid preds are the best. I prefer oral vore, but other kinds are fine. Sex/violence/death/etc is all good, too.
Critiquing Style: I can do line-by-line mechanical stuff and also give a general analysis of a work. Whatever the author wants.

Don't forget to attach your writing!
http://aryion.com/g4/view/360505
Attachments
The_Experiment.rtf
(158.45 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
ConcordantOpposition
Been posting for a bit

Postby Imrhys » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:15 am

Tassie wrote:If I don't finish a new story, may I critique besides?

Oh yes, feel free to "ninja" review at any time ^^

ConcordantOpposition wrote:I'm going to roll over my submission from October.

Thank you for sticking with us and trying again ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby Gershwin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:51 am

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Gershwin
Your writing library URL(s): http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Gershwin
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yep
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Yep
Have you proofread your own story? Yep

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Years after an experiment "accident" and an evening with a little too much wine, Edward discovers something a little surprising about his friend and guardian. Whatever could it be! It'll be interesting to see how it changes their relationship and future together though.
Word Count: About 6000 words (Part 1 and Part 2)
Rating and Classification: Rated “R” for largely implied sexiness. Contains F/M, Shrunken Male, Soft Vore, Implied Sexual Action and Lasagna
Type of Critique Preferred: The aim of this story is to try and make the target audience gender neutral and size neutral - so both men and woman can enjoy it, both big and small. So I guess comments about that aim and its success would be helpful. Outside of that, general thoughts on how successfully the characters work. Does it pull you in like a proper story? Could it stand to be more or less descriptive?
Questions for the Readers: Does the situation come across as realistic? (outside of the obvious impossibility of some of the things in fantastical story!)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I would rather not read anything gory, bloody or violent. Nothing underage. I am fine with very explicit/sexual themes. I prefer non-animal female preds, but will accept anything for the sake of flexibility.
Critiquing Style: I will tailor my style to whatever is required. However, left to my self, I will be quite direct and harsh if I believe something could be improved. I'm not that interested in only fixing spelling and grammar, so expect comments about theme, character, style, etc.

I would like Part 1 and Part 2 of "Dreams Come True" to be covered. They can be found here:

http://aryion.com/g4/view/355506
http://aryion.com/g4/view/358792
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Imrhys » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:18 pm

A reminder we exist, and... I live, whahahahaha!

Cursed Halloween infecting my characterizations >_>
Imrhys
---

Postby Hathias » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Nevermind.
Last edited by Hathias on Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I were a dragon, I'd be a RainWing.

"We are NOT calling it magical death spit."
Hathias
New to the forum

Postby Imrhys » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 am

Hathias wrote:I'll be working on a story for this one, and I won't be a flake like last time! By George, PROGRESS!

So long as you get your owed reviews in for July's round first, wish ya best of luck finishing up in time for this round ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:11 am

Well... I had high hopes due to chatter about stories nearly ready for posting. But stuff n things happen. I know they sure happened on my end IRL.

ConcordantOpposition and Gershwin, apologies. It seems EPWG has hit one of those dreaded prolonged dry spells (much like the drought where I'm living). If you are willing to give some more patience and roll your submissions over to December... Which I know is asking a lot ConcordantOpposition after you've already done that since October...

But officially I've reluctantly got to declare November a month to be skipped due to lack of participation.
Imrhys
---

Re: Eka's Portal Writing Group - November - To be Skipped

Postby lorafire » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:06 pm

it happens sometimes that we don't now whether to put a comma or not, so follow http://essay-editor.net/blog/useful-tips-how-to-improve-your-punctuation-skills and check some tips to improve your punctuation skills!
lorafire
New to the forum

Postby Gershwin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:26 am

My word the the essay-editor spam is pretty annoying!
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trashboat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Is it too late to get involved?

I feel like no one has noticed me, and I want some critique. So a friend pointed me here. but I'm not too sure...
Trashboat
New to the forum

Postby ConcordantOpposition » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:10 am

Trashboat wrote:Is it too late to get involved?

I feel like no one has noticed me, and I want some critique. So a friend pointed me here. but I'm not too sure...

There weren't enough people to do critques for November, but the December thread is open. Read up on the rules and submit your work there.
ConcordantOpposition
Been posting for a bit

Postby HillaryDelfino » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:06 pm

thanks for informing me about this event! you are a reliable source of information! http://essay-editor.net/blog/useful-tips-how-to-improve-your-punctuation-skills has some tips that can help to improve you punctuation skills!
HillaryDelfino
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!