Eka's Portal Writing Group - January - To Be Skipped

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Eka's Portal Writing Group - January - To Be Skipped

Postby Imrhys » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:16 pm

I've posted something about the future of Eka's Portal Writing Group and my continued participation in it over in its discussion group here.
Last edited by Imrhys on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imrhys
---

Re: Eka's Portal Writing Group - January - Open

Postby Imrhys » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:25 pm

January is now Closed!

The EPWG is a casual monthly topic for authors to post short stories or portions of larger stories and get guaranteed feedback. Everyone is welcome to participate! Authors who submit a story any given month are asked to read and comment on the three stories that are assigned to them that same month, but you don't have to be an author to read and give feedback, and authors don't have to limit their feedback just to the stories assigned to them. You can check out the guidelines for participation here, and you can participate in the discussion surrounding the EPWG here, if you'd like.

Authors of all skill levels and interests are welcome (see the guidelines for details); please just make sure you do your best to proofread your submission, and make sure it in some way is related to vore or endo, given the nature of this site.

- - - - - - -

Need a little inspiration to help you get started? How about participating in this month's Theme/Challenge?

Suggested Theme for this month - We are coming out of the transitional seasons of Spring and Autumn (depending on your hemisphere), so what about all those things that "quietly" live under our beds, at the back of our closets, in the dark places under or behind furniture, or got locked up in that extra room? What if all those or just ONE of those mythological, inanimate, non-material "things" stopped being so... "Quiet"? Everyone has got to eat, don't they? Summer/winter is a long season, and maybe something, somewhere, is just tired of watching all that meat walk by, and just decides... It's time to put meat back on the menu?

Remember, the Theme is completely optional. If it does not help your writing, then do what works best for you.

- - - - - - -

DEADLINES:
All submissions for January must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Sunday, January 1st.
All critiques for January must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Monday, January 30th.

- - - - - - -
Last edited by Imrhys on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:25 pm

To enter this month, just read the first post to make sure you know what's going on, and fill out a copy of this template in your own post! :)

Instructions: Quote this post when you post your submission. Everything in bold should stay, and everything not in bold should be deleted or replaced. Attach your submission as an .rtf or .doc or .txt or .pdf, or post a link. If you link off-site, make sure it's publicly accessible (no password-protection) and isn't swarming with ads or is poorly-formatted.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Answer with how you prefer to be called in posts. (Example: 4ofSwords)
Your writing library URL(s): (Example: http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=102910)
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? (They're only 1127 words. Consider them good preparation for your reading assignment.)
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? (This is the heart and soul of the reading group - it's important.)
Have you proofread your own story? (Yes is the only good answer!)

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Let us know a little something about the story. Make this part compelling to help you get readers! (Example: Spider Woman. She's a science experiment gone wrong. He's from some shadowy government agency. He … err, the other 'He'... is dinner! Lust, intrigue, and plenty of spidery vore and cocooning!)
Word Count: Give an accurate, discrete, positive integer. There is no hard limit to word count, but stories assigned readers aren't responsible for more than the first 2000 words or so, and stories over 5000 words should be considered for breaking into smaller chapters.
Rating and Classification: Let us know what kind of vore and how much. Be sure to let us know if there is sex, gore, scat, digestion, etc., since those tend to be the major touchpoints. (Example: Rated “R” for descriptive nudity, sexiness, and naughty words. Contains F/M spidery (oral/vampiric) vore.)
Type of Critique Preferred: Do you want it harsh or gentle? In-depth, or impressionistic? Are you looking for the reader to pay special attention to technique, or to grammar, or to style? (Example: Harsh/honest critique is preferred. Tell me what you liked or didn't, or what took you out of the reading experience. Specific examples preferred.)
Questions for the Readers: If there's anything in particular you want the reader to think about or answer, here's your chance! (Example: Was her monologuing a bit much?)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Tell us what you'd prefer to read or not to read. (Example: I like sentient female preds. I dislike scat, pain, and cockvore. I will read anything from Pokemon fanfic to the scenes that make Larry Flint blush.)
Critiquing Style: What kind of a critic are you? (Example: I'm a pretty harsh critic who is easily hung up by bad spelling and punctuation. I'm handy at suggesting alternative wording/plot points, etc.)

Don't forget to attach your writing!

Summary of previous Chapters If you need a summary of previous chapters OR key back story, Please insert it via this spoiler area.
Spoiler: show
Quote this post to call up the HTML tags that produced this.
Imrhys
---

Postby Tassie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:30 pm

I need to write more. I know holidays are going to be very very busy but that's no excuse. I want to help by writing more.

Do we need to write something new every month we enter? I ask as I seem rather to write more and better when not feeling pressured, sorry.
Tassie
Participator

Postby Imrhys » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:31 am

Tassie wrote:I need to write more. I know holidays are going to be very very busy but that's no excuse. I want to help by writing more.

Do we need to write something new every month we enter? I ask as I seem rather to write more and better when not feeling pressured, sorry.

While for each month's round you participate in you do have to enter a different story, there is nothing about the group obligating you to participate in each and Every month. But, EPWG would gladly accept you participating each and every month. Back in the heyday of the group, we did have several members who did participate several months of each year.
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 pm

For all those writers who wish they could get some feedback on their writing to help them improve their craft, that was what EPWG was created for ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby Otteronymous » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:39 pm

I'm willing to give feedback on a story this month, no limitation on content matter.
Otteronymous
New to the forum

Postby Imrhys » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:59 am

Otteronymous wrote:I'm willing to give feedback on a story this month, no limitation on content matter.

Thank you ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby Tassie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:02 am

I have a story that is ready for review, if anyone is interested.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Tassie
Your writing library URL(s): https://aryion.com/g4/user/Tassie
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Not that it would seem to matter this month, but yes.
Have you proofread your own story? Yes.

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Seasonal Under-Bed Monster - Something keeps happening to Melanie, and a well-meaning friend is determined to find out the truth about the abuse her friend endures and covers with that silly 'scary' story of Santa being a squid under her bed.
Turns out, she may not be lying after all.

Word Count: 2839 words
Rating and Classification: Rating is "Mature" because of sexual content, tentacle rape specific.
Type of Critique Preferred: Anything really. Right now, I wouldn't much mind anything.
Questions for the Readers: Is this fun to read? Is it suspenseful? Can you feel along with the protagonists their situation?
Anything helpful to make this a more moving story and make me a more touching writer will be quite appreciated.

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Despite my writing for this month's review, I'd much prefer not to read of purely sexual situations. Scat is a distinctive turn off, as are fanfics, sorry.

Critiquing Style: Not that it would seem to matter, but I try to focus on the flow of the stories, seeing that they're easy to read and understand, however, I always seem to end up dwelling on how a story makes me feel and how well I can relate to the characters.

Don't forget to attach your writing! Ah yes! https://aryion.com/g4/view/375395
Tassie
Participator

Postby Imrhys » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Tassie wrote:I have a story that is ready for review, if anyone is interested.

Thank you for your last minute entry, now though there were no other entries, I do have a vorish prologue to my WIP that I am considering dropping into here for some feedback, but I am not sure if you are up for moving yours over to February's round and we wait n see if others will hop in over January or not, because worst comes to worst, we could just review each other.
Imrhys
---

Postby Tassie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 am

Imrhys wrote:...I do have a vorish prologue to my WIP that I am considering dropping into here for some feedback, but I am not sure if you are up for moving yours over to February's round...

I'm not feeling quite well right now, sorry. Yes, February seems a much better time.
Tassie
Participator

Postby Imrhys » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Tassie wrote:I'm not feeling quite well right now, sorry. Yes, February seems a much better time.

That works ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Tassie wrote:Yes, February seems a much better time.

February's round is up. Apologies for the delay. Winter storms and writing got the better of me >_>
Imrhys
---

Return to Work to be shared!