Eka's Portal Writing Group - February - All Submissions In

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Eka's Portal Writing Group - February - All Submissions In

Postby Imrhys » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 pm

February is now Closed!

The EPWG is a casual monthly topic for authors to post short stories or portions of larger stories and get guaranteed feedback. Everyone is welcome to participate! Authors who submit a story any given month are asked to read and comment on the three stories that are assigned to them that same month, but you don't have to be an author to read and give feedback, and authors don't have to limit their feedback just to the stories assigned to them. You can check out the guidelines for participation here, and you can participate in the discussion surrounding the EPWG here, if you'd like.

Authors of all skill levels and interests are welcome (see the guidelines for details); please just make sure you do your best to proofread your submission, and make sure it in some way is related to vore or endo, given the nature of this site.

- - - - - - -

Need a little inspiration to help you get started? How about participating in this month's Theme/Challenge?

Suggested Theme for this month - How do vore and Valentine's day cross paths?

Remember, the Theme is completely optional. If it does not help your writing, then do what works best for you.

- - - - - - -

DEADLINES:
All submissions for February must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Wednesday, February 1st.
All critiques for February must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Tuesday, February 28th.

- - - - - - -

Groblek wrote:Title/Summary: A Teacher's Education. A high school teacher gets rather more than he bargained for when he calls out an honors student for joking about how the human reproductive system works, and she demonstrates unbirth in front of him.
Rating and Classification: Unbirth, followed by regression past conception, though the implication is that it's not inherently fatal. Sex.
Type of Critique Preferred: As in-depth as you like, preferably with enough detail that I can give this a good polish.
Questions for the Readers: How does Coleen's demonstration fit with her mom's seduction of the teacher - does the creepy and romantic clash too much, and do I need to smooth the edges there a bit? This one seems to be turning into the opening scene of a romance novella, so I figure I may as well toss it in for polishing.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48836#p2559741

nicktaken wrote:Title/Summary: "Anniversary Gift" is about two lovers who had been together for a year. One of them prepared a special surprise, but the other turns out to have a much bigger surprise in store.
Rating and Classification: M or R (not very clear on the separation) - some sexual scenes, cock vore with soft digestion, followed by reformation.
Type of Critique Preferred: As in-depth as you can manage, looking primarily at punctuation and overall "flow" of the narrative - my first language is Russian and it's very different lexically, and I feel like techniques appropriate for it keep popping up in my english writing.
Questions for the Readers: Whether there were moments where you "stumbled" on a poorly constructed sentence and such - basically how well it reads.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48836#p2559842

Tassie wrote:Title/Summary: Vorentine's Day Hunt - A wolf and a rabbit in a deadly game of hunter and prey share a secret that adds a special dimension to their chase.
Rating and Classification: Probably rated 'R' since there's sex. Mostly feral animals, but they end up having emotions and conversation that is much more human.
Type of Critique Preferred: Despite the spellcheck, tis certain mistakes abound. Please read for story coherency and flow: is it easy to understand? For technical issues, please be harsh as you will. As for plot and character development, please promise to be considerate.
Questions for the Readers: Do the characters feel 'real' enough? Are they truly engaging?
How can I make my writing more immersive? (e.g. a page-turner instead of text that require decrypting to understand and/or tremendous patience to finish reading)
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48836#p2563140

Imrhys wrote:[Title/Summary: Change of Ownership. A last resort facility for orphans gets the attention of an eldritch abomination who recently lost its adoptive daughter. And the owner/operator of the facility is given an offer she cannot refuse.
Rating and Classification: Envelopment/absorption, Other/F, Other/M, no gore, no sex.
Type of Critique Preferred: Since this is from a still WIP, don't worry about hitting me on grammar, punctuation, nor spelling, since heavy editing will only happen after the novel is finished. But pacing, clarity, plot structure, learning curve of stepping into a new world, give me both barrels.
Questions for the Readers: Since the POV character is non humanoid, curious if I was able to put give it a strong voice, but also if the POV being non humanoid made the story too hard to follow? What were/are your thoughts on the POV's moving from person/place to person/place? Was it disorientating or feel at all like "head hopping"? IE, did I keep a consistent voice across all places the POV hopped and never lose its voice while doing such.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48836#p2566887

ConcordantOpposition wrote:Title/Summary: A man lost in the Planescape meets a mysterious being.
Rating and Classification: PG-13, no sex but there's some lewdness. The vorish tags look something like this: (F/m, monstergirl pred, soul vore/absorption, reformation, fantasy, gentle)
Type of Critique Preferred: Be as harsh as you want. I have a handle on basics like spelling, punctuation, and formatting, so I'm more looking for overall style advice, dialogue, characterization, that sort of stuff.
Questions for the Readers: Does operating in a relatively unknown setting (Dungeons and Dragons Planescape) make the story more interesting or is it just a chore for the reader? Is the soul vore stuff too abstract or not abstract enough? Was it confusing? That's pretty much uncharted territory for me so I'd like to know what others got out of it.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48836#p2566954

Gershwin wrote:Title/Summary: Years after an experiment "accident" and an evening with a little too much wine, Edward discovers something a little surprising about his friend and guardian. Whatever could it be! It'll be interesting to see how it changes their relationship and future together though.
Rating and Classification: Rated “R” for largely implied sexiness. Contains F/M, Shrunken Male, Soft Vore, Implied Sexual Action and Lasagna
Type of Critique Preferred: The aim of this story is to try and make the target audience gender neutral and size neutral - so both men and woman can enjoy it, both big and small. So I guess comments about that aim and its success would be helpful. Outside of that, general thoughts on how successfully the characters work. Does it pull you in like a proper story? Could it stand to be more or less descriptive?
Questions for the Readers: Does the situation come across as realistic? (outside of the obvious impossibility of some of the things in fantastical story!)
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48836#p2567129
Last edited by Imrhys on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Imrhys
---

Eka's Portal Writing Group - February - Open

Postby Imrhys » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

To enter this month, just read the first post to make sure you know what's going on, and fill out a copy of this template in your own post! :)

Instructions: Quote this post when you post your submission. Everything in bold should stay, and everything not in bold should be deleted or replaced. Attach your submission as an .rtf or .doc or .txt or .pdf, or post a link. If you link off-site, make sure it's publicly accessible (no password-protection) and isn't swarming with ads or is poorly-formatted.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Answer with how you prefer to be called in posts. (Example: 4ofSwords)
Your writing library URL(s): (Example: http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=102910)
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? (They're only 1127 words. Consider them good preparation for your reading assignment.)
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? (This is the heart and soul of the reading group - it's important.)
Have you proofread your own story? (Yes is the only good answer!)

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Let us know a little something about the story. Make this part compelling to help you get readers! (Example: Spider Woman. She's a science experiment gone wrong. He's from some shadowy government agency. He … err, the other 'He'... is dinner! Lust, intrigue, and plenty of spidery vore and cocooning!)
Word Count: Give an accurate, discrete, positive integer. There is no hard limit to word count, but stories assigned readers aren't responsible for more than the first 2000 words or so, and stories over 5000 words should be considered for breaking into smaller chapters.
Rating and Classification: Let us know what kind of vore and how much. Be sure to let us know if there is sex, gore, scat, digestion, etc., since those tend to be the major touchpoints. (Example: Rated “R” for descriptive nudity, sexiness, and naughty words. Contains F/M spidery (oral/vampiric) vore.)
Type of Critique Preferred: Do you want it harsh or gentle? In-depth, or impressionistic? Are you looking for the reader to pay special attention to technique, or to grammar, or to style? (Example: Harsh/honest critique is preferred. Tell me what you liked or didn't, or what took you out of the reading experience. Specific examples preferred.)
Questions for the Readers: If there's anything in particular you want the reader to think about or answer, here's your chance! (Example: Was her monologuing a bit much?)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Tell us what you'd prefer to read or not to read. (Example: I like sentient female preds. I dislike scat, pain, and cockvore. I will read anything from Pokemon fanfic to the scenes that make Larry Flint blush.)
Critiquing Style: What kind of a critic are you? (Example: I'm a pretty harsh critic who is easily hung up by bad spelling and punctuation. I'm handy at suggesting alternative wording/plot points, etc.)

Don't forget to attach your writing!

Summary of previous Chapters If you need a summary of previous chapters OR key back story, Please insert it via this spoiler area.
Spoiler: show
Quote this post to call up the HTML tags that produced this.
Imrhys
---

Re: Eka's Portal Writing Group - February - Open

Postby LucifersChef » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Finally got around to writing something for this.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: LucifersChef
Your writing library URL(s): https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/LucifersChef
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes, and yes.
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree?: Yes. Love helping authors out and passing on my thoughts.
Have you proofread your own story? Yes, though I am sometimes an idiot and miss things. I hope I haven't.

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: I<3Plants | A news report tells of a pharmaceutical giant's new response to the world's carnivorous plant problem as Valentine's Day approaches.
Word Count: 209
Rating and Classification: M. Implied vore, but nothing graphic, no sex.
Type of Critique Preferred: Honest critique please. I'd like opinions on my grammar, structure and anything else that strikes you.
Questions for the Readers: What do you think of the faux-news article format?

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I will read anything besides F/F and M/F. Graphic, not graphic. Long, short. M/M, F/M, ?/M, ?/F, or replace any of those with a H. I'm fine with. Canon is fine, but I read mostly obscure things and watch little anime and so I will likely not know the background.
Critiquing Style: I like to be fair, and point out positives because I believe they will improve people most of all. Tell people what they are doing right and how, and it can help them repeat it and build upon it. But I will also give my opinion on failings when I see it necessary.

Read my story here: https://aryion.com/g4/view/376521

Summary of previous Chapters
Spoiler: show
This story is a sequel to The Plants, another 800 word ish story I wrote a while ago. No need to read it to understand it, but if you think you'll find it fine, you're welcome. ?/M, ?/F, casual vore, with implied digestion and straight sex.
Read it here : https://aryion.com/g4/view/363217
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby Groblek » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Sure, I'll toss my latest in for polishing, since it seems to be spawning a follow-up novella that I may try and publish if I can get it written.

Imrhys wrote:To enter this month, just read the first post to make sure you know what's going on, and fill out a copy of this template in your own post! :)

Instructions: Quote this post when you post your submission. Everything in bold should stay, and everything not in bold should be deleted or replaced. Attach your submission as an .rtf or .doc or .txt or .pdf, or post a link. If you link off-site, make sure it's publicly accessible (no password-protection) and isn't swarming with ads or is poorly-formatted.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Groblek
Your writing library URL(s): https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Groblek
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Also yes
Have you proofread your own story? And yes again

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: A Teacher's Education. A high school teacher gets rather more than he bargained for when he calls out an honors student for joking about how the human reproductive system works, and she demonstrates unbirth in front of him.
Word Count: 4404
Rating and Classification: Unbirth, followed by regression past conception, though the implication is that it's not inherently fatal. Sex.
Type of Critique Preferred: As in-depth as you like, preferably with enough detail that I can give this a good polish.
Questions for the Readers: How does Coleen's demonstration fit with her mom's seduction of the teacher - does the creepy and romantic clash too much, and do I need to smooth the edges there a bit? This one seems to be turning into the opening scene of a romance novella, so I figure I may as well toss it in for polishing.

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Unbirth is of course my favorite, and I'm a big fan of romance. I strongly dislike gore, scat, and cruelty, so if those are elements you want in your story, I'm probably not the ideal critic, as I'll judge them harshly.
Critiquing Style: I'll tend to hit overall plot/characterization holes, and punctuation/grammar if it's bad enough to get in the way of the story. I look for character-driven stuff over most else in a story, so I'll tend to focus my criticisms on character motivations. Though I'm utterly unforgiving of stories that break basic biology without intending to do so, I'll also tend to try and suggest plausible mechanisms for fixing those issues.

https://aryion.com/g4/view/376631

Cheers,
Groblek
https://groblek.com
Groblek
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nicktaken » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 pm

I wanted to try writing vore stories and practice short stories in general, so this is basically perfect for me. Here goes.
EDIT: I have submitted a slightly improved version of the same story to my newly created user gallery, so I will change the submission to that instead.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: NickTaken or just Nick
Your writing library URL(s): https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/nicktaken
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Yes
Have you proofread your own story? Yes, but would I really tell the truth if I hadn't?

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: "Anniversary Gift" is about two lovers who had been together for a year. One of them prepared a special surprise, but the other turns out to have a much bigger surprise in store.
Word Count: 6998. It has run on a lot longer than I originally meant to.
Rating and Classification: M or R (not very clear on the separation) - some sexual scenes, cock vore with soft digestion, followed by reformation.
Type of Critique Preferred: As in-depth as you can manage, looking primarily at punctuation and overall "flow" of the narrative - my first language is Russian and it's very different lexically, and I feel like techniques appropriate for it keep popping up in my english writing.
Questions for the Readers: Whether there were moments where you "stumbled" on a poorly constructed sentence and such - basically how well it reads.

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I don't really like same-sex romance and non-sentient preds or prey. Hard vore, cooking and gore makes me cringe. But I can critique pretty much anything as long as you're not looking for input on tastes.
Critiquing Style: Blunt, but possibly a bit wordy and prone to tangents. I'll help with grammar and basic punctuation, but most important points to me are plot, characters, and their potential and actual development.

https://aryion.com/g4/view/378033
Last edited by nicktaken on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I write stuff, sometimes: GALLERY
nicktaken
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tassie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:59 am

Looks as though we get to have a real review this month. Thank you, Imrhys, for keeping this alive. Sorry recent support has been so sparse.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Tassie
Your writing library URL(s): https://aryion.com/g4/user/Tassie
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes.
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Yes
Have you proofread your own story? Yes

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Vorentine's Day Hunt - A wolf and a rabbit in a deadly game of hunter and prey share a secret that adds a special dimension to their chase.
Word Count: 2614
Rating and Classification: Probably rated 'R' since there's sex. Mostly feral animals, but they end up having emotions and conversation that is much more human.

Type of Critique Preferred: Despite the spellcheck, tis certain mistakes abound. Please read for story coherency and flow: is it easy to understand? For technical issues, please be harsh as you will. As for plot and character development, please promise to be considerate.

Questions for the Readers: Do the characters feel 'real' enough? Are they truly engaging?
How can I make my writing more immersive? (e.g. a page-turner instead of text that require decrypting to understand and/or tremendous patience to finish reading)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Gratuitous sex isn't much my cup of tea, but if it is written to further the story, I don't awfully mind. Please, no fan-fics; honestly, I've bad experiences with them and I rarely understand the references, sorry.
Critiquing Style: I try to focus on technical matters, but I always seem to go off on how characters and situations make me feel. I try to be nice, but also venture opinions that may or may not be welcomed, sorry.

Don't forget to attach your writing! Ah yes. https://aryion.com/g4/view/378509
Tassie
Participator

Postby Imrhys » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Groblek wrote:Sure, I'll toss my latest in for polishing, since it seems to be spawning a follow-up novella that I may try and publish if I can get it written.

Not if, but when *chuckles*

nicktaken wrote:I wanted to try writing vore stories and practice short stories in general, so this is basically perfect for me. Here goes.

Nice to have you along for the ride ^^

Tassie wrote:Looks as though we get to have a real review this month. Thank you, Imrhys, for keeping this alive. Sorry recent support has been so sparse.

Thank you, and if I get the time to knock some rough edges off of it, even I've got something to contribute this time around.
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Just reminder to anyone on the fence about getting a story of theirs critiqued, tomorrow at midnight is the deadline for submissions.
Imrhys
---

Postby nicktaken » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:26 pm

So what next? I'm guessing since only 4 people are participating, we might as well critique every work available?
I write stuff, sometimes: GALLERY
nicktaken
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Imrhys » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:46 pm

nicktaken wrote:So what next? I'm guessing since only 4 people are participating, we might as well critique every work available?

Deadline hasn't passed yet, but once it has for all time zones, I then (formally) hand out assignments via PM's, so if there are any... Disagreements it doesn't happen publicly.

EDIT: And make that five submissions.
Last edited by Imrhys on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: ImRhys
Your writing library URL(s): https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Imrhys
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? (They're only 1127 words. Consider them good preparation for your reading assignment.) Yes.
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? (This is the heart and soul of the reading group - it's important.) Yes.
Have you proofread your own story? (Yes is the only good answer!) Yes.

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Change of Ownership. A last resort facility for orphans gets the attention of an eldritch abomination who recently lost its adoptive daughter. And the owner/operator of the facility is given an offer she cannot refuse.
Word Count: 5298
Rating and Classification: Envelopment/absorption, Other/F, Other/M, no gore, no sex.
Type of Critique Preferred: Since this is from a still WIP, don't worry about hitting me on grammar, punctuation, nor spelling, since heavy editing will only happen after the novel is finished. But pacing, clarity, plot structure, learning curve of stepping into a new world, give me both barrels.
Questions for the Readers: Since the POV character is non humanoid, curious if I was able to put give it a strong voice, but also if the POV being non humanoid made the story too hard to follow? What were/are your thoughts on the POV's moving from person/place to person/place? Was it disorientating or feel at all like "head hopping"? IE, did I keep a consistent voice across all places the POV hopped and never lose its voice while doing such.

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I'll read anything, but have issues with rape, child abuse, gratuitous gore, just for shock and ohhhh.
Critiquing Style: I am best with structure, character and plot development/progression, worst at grammar and word choices.

Don't forget to attach your writing! https://aryion.com/g4/view/380165
Imrhys
---

Postby ConcordantOpposition » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:40 am

This might be late. It's about 11:30pm where I am. I really hope it's not late because I've missed like 4 of these.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Concordant
Your writing library URL(s): http://aryion.com/g4/user/ConcordantOpposition
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yes and yes
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Of course
Have you proofread your own story? At least twice

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: A man lost in the Planescape meets a mysterious being.
Word Count: 4,812
Rating and Classification: PG-13, no sex but there's some lewdness. The vorish tags look something like this: (F/m, monstergirl pred, soul vore/absorption, reformation, fantasy, gentle)
Type of Critique Preferred: Be as harsh as you want. I have a handle on basics like spelling, punctuation, and formatting, so I'm more looking for overall style advice, dialogue, characterization, that sort of stuff.
Questions for the Readers: Does operating in a relatively unknown setting (Dungeons and Dragons Planescape) make the story more interesting or is it just a chore for the reader? Is the soul vore stuff too abstract or not abstract enough? Was it confusing? That's pretty much uncharted territory for me so I'd like to know what others got out of it.

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I'd prefer to avoid sapient/humanoid male preds. Animals and monsters are fine, female humanoid preds are the best. I prefer oral vore, but other kinds are fine. Sex/violence/death/etc is all good, too.
Critiquing Style: I can do line-by-line mechanical stuff and also give a general analysis of a work. Whatever the author wants.

http://pastebin.com/ucNedsDC
I'd prefer not uploading to Eka's until I have a more final draft (ie after all this is said and done) but if anybody has a problem with the ol' pastebin I can.
ConcordantOpposition
Been posting for a bit

Postby Imrhys » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:12 am

ConcordantOpposition wrote:This might be late. It's about 11:30pm where I am. I really hope it's not late because I've missed like 4 of these.

Things like this are why I say "once all time zones have passed midnight." Welcome aboard ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby Gershwin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 pm

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Gershwin
Your writing library URL(s): http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Gershwin
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? Yep
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? Yep
Have you proofread your own story? Yep

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Years after an experiment "accident" and an evening with a little too much wine, Edward discovers something a little surprising about his friend and guardian. Whatever could it be! It'll be interesting to see how it changes their relationship and future together though.
Word Count: About 6000 words (Part 1 and Part 2)
Rating and Classification: Rated “R” for largely implied sexiness. Contains F/M, Shrunken Male, Soft Vore, Implied Sexual Action and Lasagna
Type of Critique Preferred: The aim of this story is to try and make the target audience gender neutral and size neutral - so both men and woman can enjoy it, both big and small. So I guess comments about that aim and its success would be helpful. Outside of that, general thoughts on how successfully the characters work. Does it pull you in like a proper story? Could it stand to be more or less descriptive?
Questions for the Readers: Does the situation come across as realistic? (outside of the obvious impossibility of some of the things in fantastical story!)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I would rather not read anything gory, bloody or violent. Nothing underage. I am fine with very explicit/sexual themes. I prefer non-animal female preds, but will accept anything for the sake of flexibility.
Critiquing Style: I will tailor my style to whatever is required. However, left to my self, I will be quite direct and harsh if I believe something could be improved. I'm not that interested in only fixing spelling and grammar, so expect comments about theme, character, style, etc.

I would like Part 1 and Part 2 of "Dreams Come True" to be covered. They can be found here:

http://aryion.com/g4/view/355506
http://aryion.com/g4/view/358792
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Imrhys » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Gershwin wrote:I would like Part 1 and Part 2 of "Dreams Come True" to be covered. They can be found here:

This submission is two chapters and combined exceeds the required 2500 word critiquing soft rule for the group, so I am not going to require anyone to critique both of these this month, and suggest you submit the second part for next month's round of EPWG. But anyone that wishes to critique it anyways, may. Ninja reviews are Always encouraged around here ^^
Imrhys
---

Re: Eka's Portal Writing Group - February - All Submissions

Postby Imrhys » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Wow, for once being late had benefits *eyes Gershwin's entry* Ordinarily I'd consider ejecting it to next month, but it has been so long since we had a working round, AND he has two chapters that can be broken up between two months... I'll just call this a "feature", and move on *chuckles*

Apologies for being late, I literally lost track of time well dealing with brainstorm season the last few days on a new writing project >_> Give some time to setup assignments and PM them out to everyone, and February's round of EPWG will get started.

Edit: As an aside, I put something like a table of contents at the bottom of the lead post for each month with critical mass participation, so it is easier to find who submitted within the thread. Ironically this started out of my own need to centralize everyone for ease of setting up assignments *chuckles*

Edit: Assignments have been PM'ed out to participants. Wish all of you the best of luck ^^
Last edited by Imrhys on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imrhys
---

Postby Imrhys » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause, but I have had to reject LucifersChef's submission, " I<3Plants" as it is not a story on the grounds of it has no plot, no characters, nor climax to be critiqued by any of our reviewers. If participants still wish to review it and answer LucifersChef's questions and critiquing desired, feel free to do so, but it will not be required for this month's round.
Imrhys
---

Postby LucifersChef » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 am

Imrhys wrote:Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause, but I have had to reject LucifersChef's submission, " I<3Plants" as it is not a story on the grounds of it has no plot, no characters, nor climax to be critiqued by any of our reviewers. If participants still wish to review it and answer LucifersChef's questions and critiquing desired, feel free to do so, but it will not be required for this month's round.

Well, I give up. Not participating ever again. It is gutting to be told my work is not a story. It has a plot, and yes it is unorthodox in methodology, but climax and characters are not the sole focus of writing. This honestly just makes me wonder if it is worth writing, since apparently I don't write stories.

I was looking forward to getting peoples thoughts and trying to learn more and get thoughts on my admittedly unorthodox piece, and in kind giving my thoughts on other peoples work. Well, I give up. Apparently no one has time to share knowledge and keep an open mind.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby Groblek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:38 pm

LucifersChef wrote:Well, I give up. Not participating ever again. It is gutting to be told my work is not a story. It has a plot, and yes it is unorthodox in methodology, but climax and characters are not the sole focus of writing. This honestly just makes me wonder if it is worth writing, since apparently I don't write stories.

I was looking forward to getting peoples thoughts and trying to learn more and get thoughts on my admittedly unorthodox piece, and in kind giving my thoughts on other peoples work. Well, I give up. Apparently no one has time to share knowledge and keep an open mind.

Don't give up just yet, you had the misfortune of tripping one of our moderator's PTSD triggers with your particular story format, so Im'Rhys has officially deputized me to make a ruling on this one. I'm going to let your story stay, and will be reaching out to people later today about how to rework the assignments for this month. To me, your story is clearly fiction, and while it's short and lacking a traditional plot structure, there's nothing that disqualifies it in the EPWG guidelines. I think it's quite able to be critiqued.

Speaking for myself, that lack of plot *is* likely to be the focus of my critique of the story, as I think it doesn't stand alone very well. But I can certainly come up with some comments and suggestions which I hope you'll find useful.
Cheers,
Groblek
https://groblek.com
Groblek
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby User1205952 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Last edited by User1205952 on Sat May 26, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User1205952
Participator

Next

Return to Work to be shared!