Dudes Are Delicious - A Vore-themed Card Game!

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Dudes Are Delicious - A Vore-themed Card Game!

Postby NerdofNerds » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:08 am

Hello everyone! So a dark and twisted part of my brain came up with an idea for a card game, based on people killing and eating each other to survive. Strangely enough, I didn't end up rejecting the idea out of hand, and have actually written the damn thing! So without further ado, I give you... Dudes Are Delicious!

15933845_10210054666197568_433299225_o.jpg
Dudes Are Delicious First Draft Cover Art

The premise of the game is pretty simple: each player draws 3 random Dude cards, each of which starts with 5 Delicious Dude-Meat and no wounds. You try to kill the other player's Dudes with weapons, traps, and other shenanigans, and once they're dead, you snack on the corpse! At the end of every round, each living Dude loses one Delicious Dude-Meat as they slowly starve, so it's a race against hunger to protect your Dudes while eating whenever you can. Last player with a living Dude wins!

The rules for the game and all the cards have been written out, and my artist is rapidly making them come to life. We're hoping to have a first set of complete cards ready to send to the printer by Valentine's Day, so that I can have a few playtesting copies printed up for Pax East in March. I'll be sure to update this posting once the game is officially available for purchase, but I thought I'd drop this line here to see if the Vore community had any interest! As you can probably tell from the cover art, we're going for a fun, cartoonish look and feel to the game, and while graphic vore scenes aren't really the focus, I thought there might be a few nerdy types in here who'd get a kick out of this!

It's my fond hope that we can get the game to an official first printing this spring, where it will be available at http://www.thegamecrafter.com. I'm also hoping to set up a Kickstarter at some point, hoping to get the game to a wider audience and possibly fund an expansion should this prove successful. We even have a title in mind: Dudettes Are Delicious 2!

If there's an interest, I may also be willing to sell playtesting editions of the game, if people are willing to purchase an early edition and provide me with playtester feedback, getting strangers to play and help me polish it up would be most useful!

If people have questions, ideas, feedback, or anything else, feel free to comment or PM me!
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Re: Dudes Are Delicious - A Vore-themed Card Game!

Postby Houyo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:20 am

It seems interesting, if only to see what kind of mechanics you've got going on. Sadly, I'm not able to purchase a playtesting edition at this time.
Houyo
???

Postby NerdofNerds » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:57 pm

No worries! I know exactly where you're coming from, I'd love to be able to hand out playtest copies for free in return for feedback, I just can't afford to buy em from the printer myself to do it! Money problems are assholes.
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Postby Houyo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:38 am

I suggesting finding some way to digitally play it for the time being simply to play test.
Houyo
???

Postby smiley » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:53 pm

I have seen people make prototypes for physical board and card games in Tabletop Simulator, maybe you could use that?
smiley
Participator

Postby NerdofNerds » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Hm, I can't say that's something I've ever considered, perhaps I'll look into that! Not sure WHEN I'll have the time to do something like that, what with work, real life, and trying to get everything out to the printer soon, but it definitely bears some thought!
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Postby NerdofNerds » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 pm

I've gotten some significant progress on getting things ready for the printer, so I thought I'd share a few cards, just to whet the appetite, as it were!

Chef Dude.png

Fast Food Dude.png

Fat Dude.png

Pizza Dude.png

Feel free to tell me what you think!
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Postby NerdofNerds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:07 am

Roses are red,
Exes are vicious,
Celebrate Valentine's with
Dudes Are Delicious!

valentines nude dude.png

Kung-Food valentines.png

friendly dude valentine.png

Brain Fart valentine.png

Feel free to follow us on Facebook at @DudesAreDelicious or Twitter at @DudesRDelicious !
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Postby NerdofNerds » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:38 am

Happy St. Patty's from Dudes Are Delicious! Enjoy a few themed cards to celebrate!

BEER!.png

Dude Poisoning.png

Obnoxious Dude.png

Short Dude.png
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Postby NerdofNerds » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:19 am

Ok folks, it's been a while since I posted, because we've been gearing up for this moment. It's Kickstarter time!

Crop.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... -delicious

If you've ever wanted a card game where you can eat people with your friends in a totally acceptable and silly way, this is your moment! We'll be running for 3 weeks, and I hope some of you crazy cats (and dogs/dragons/slimegirls/etc) will consider donating and making this project happen! Either way, happy eating!
NerdofNerds
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!