My first forray into vore art.

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

My first forray into vore art.

Postby manty » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Hello.

I have been lurking around here for over 5 years, not really interacting with anyone. Recently started doing a couple of roleplays with some lovely people.
Been meaning to practice my drawing skills, specifcally anatomy, so I figured what better way to train that than by doing some cool vore stuff! Hopefully I´ll draw more of these, at which point I might look into getting a gallery ( whichever way you do that).

Any and all critique is welcome!

manty
New to the forum

Re: My first forray into vore art.

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:36 pm

The eyes on that last piece look a little funky to me. Besides the eyelids being a little overdetailed in comparison to all the unadorned skin on the rest of her face and (I'm pretty sure you weren' going for this) the eye on the left looking a little bruised, the eye on the right doesn't seem to be properly aligned with the tilt of her face. Maybe consider moving it a little bit to the left (diminishing the nose bridge if necessary) and seeing if it oughta be bumped up or down afterwards. Other than that, all I see fit to recommend is a little bit more polish/cohesiveness of details.

Also, the FAQ details how to get a gallery. It's real easy and I think you already qualify for one with just these three images.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby manty » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:The eyes on that last piece look a little funky to me. Besides the eyelids being a little overdetailed in comparison to all the unadorned skin on the rest of her face and (I'm pretty sure you weren' going for this) the eye on the left looking a little bruised, the eye on the right doesn't seem to be properly aligned with the tilt of her face. Maybe consider moving it a little bit to the left (diminishing the nose bridge if necessary) and seeing if it oughta be bumped up or down afterwards. Other than that, all I see fit to recommend is a little bit more polish/cohesiveness of details.

Also, the FAQ details how to get a gallery. It's real easy and I think you already qualify for one with just these three images.

Aha yeah. Spent quite some time fidgeting with the eyes. Flipping the image in photoshop after your comment gave me a nasty surprise. Goes to show you can never mirror enough. Definetly didn't mean for her to look bruised, was probably a matter of forgetting to clean up properly after doing the shadow underneath the eye.

The pictures are all quite rough, thought more about form than I did detail levels and focal points. If I do more detailed paintings I´ll keep it in mind though!
manty
New to the forum

Postby Mad51 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Promising start - keep at it - keep learning!
Mad51
Participator

Postby Tril » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Keep it up! I love each piece so far! :)
Tril
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CalinBeast » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 pm

The shading on these pieces is quite good, especially the shading in the dragon's maw. Nice job!
CalinBeast
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Riseing_Sun » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 pm

I really like the dragon here
The_Riseing_Sun
Somewhat familiar

Postby darksign13 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 am

Be careful asking for "any critique" is an invitation to those who focus only on the negative to come in and make you feel bad about your art.

I think its a good start myself. The shading is very good. I'd say you should try draw from photos of real people to work on you proportions a little. I'm terrible at drawing myself, but every book I've read and artist I've listened to on the subject says that's the best place to start.
A hand on the bird is worth two hands in the bush.
darksign13
Been posting for a bit

Postby Trebortron3 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Great start, you have definite potential, absolutely stick with it!

In terms of critique, I think your human anatomy is stronger than your dragon. Like others have suggested, try working off of pictures, and even though there are no photos of dragons, look at similar animals for comparison - komodo dragons and things like crocodiles would be an obvious start, but the build of that jaw looks a little more canine to me, so looking at dog jaws wouldn't hurt either.

Anyway, I particularly like the middle image - seeing more like that would be wonderful ^_^
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby manty » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks for all the feedback!

I am definetly using references when drawing, it´s a lot easier to find when drawing humans obviously, but will try to find something in terms of non humanoid things. I wasn´t super happy about the dragon so looking into other jaws and stuff might prove very helpful!

Im quite tough skinned when it comes to feedback so I don´t mind "killing my darlings" so to speak :)

Here is another piece I drew today:
A girlfriend / boyfriend sharing some intimate hand holding.

manty
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!