EPWG?

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

EPWG?

Postby SREDISKRAD » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Hey, long time on the forums and I wanna know what happened to the Ekas Portal Writing group? I'm just curious because I felt it was a great idea and I would like to understand at least what happened to it. it would be a shame to see it go, and if it is gone then I would like to know if there's any room for a replacement of some kind?
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Re: EPWG?

Postby Thorne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 am

As far as I know there were only ever the monthly contests for that, which I haven't seen in a bit. A lot of online writers groups have a discord where they discuss their writing, I think it'd be cool to do something like that for us.
Thorne
Been posting for a bit

Postby SREDISKRAD » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 am

Originally there was the monthly groups here but they seem to have gone. I wouldn't mind hosting them again and seeing if we can get some foothold to start something like that again.

I just find having a dedicated group here again would improve the resources out there, and besides, a friendly atmosphere for writing can often help those who are trying to become novice authors.

If more people seem interested in a monthly group reappearing I may make a thread and start from January 2018 for me taking over the Ekas Portal Writing Group, though I may rename it XD
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby ConcordantOpposition » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:53 am

I was one of the writers in the last EPWG session. It's been almost a year now but we stopped because the previous leader, Imrhys, had some real life stuff to attend to. If you wanted to run the group in the future I would PM him about it.
ConcordantOpposition
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gershwin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:55 am

I think I was part of the last one as well. I believe it stopped for two reason:

* It was really hard to get people involved/interested.
* Imrhys has more important things to attend to (as mentioned).

There's a lot of people writing on the forums here, so I sort of felt it was more people's awareness than anything that kept the numbers low for interest, though I could be way off the mark there.
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marked » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 am

As a previous host of EPWG for a few months, the low interest from others is what did it in for me. I got very discouraged each time I had to roll over into the next month due to lack of submission. I tired to advertise but a lot of writers mentioned not wanting that level of critique for their stories or felt like the month lag time would be too slow to get meaningful feedback.i know Imrhys felt some of the same disappointment at the low numbers.

If I were to start a similar group, I’d heavily consider taking it one story at a time. Writers could submit their story to a cue, and volunteered readers would have a week or less to critique each story before moving onto the next one. Just a thought.
Marked
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

A cue? I'd rather submit my story to an eight-ball. :P

Oh, you meant queue.

Why, yes, I am a jerk writer; how did you know? :P
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gershwin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 am

I’d be in for that. A queue system and a short time per story would give a nice quick turnover and keep the whole thing active. It’d need some strict guidelines on how responses should be structured to prevent it becoming hard to follow feedback.
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Imrhys » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:Hey, long time on the forums and I wanna know what happened to the Ekas Portal Writing group? I'm just curious because I felt it was a great idea and I would like to understand at least what happened to it. it would be a shame to see it go, and if it is gone then I would like to know if there's any room for a replacement of some kind?

RL happened. Bit of depression and changes in my fetish/creative interests too. When I took over EPWG in Jan 2010 from 4ofSwords its original founder, I upkept it because I too saw its wonderful potential. But changing of the guard, loss of all the original contributors (some no longer even writing in any form nor fashion), it all just added up over the years.

Unlike Marked, the quiet months never bothered me, they were always, even in the earliest days, a fact of life at EPWG, lol.

Rekindling EPWG while an interesting thought, is a secondary concern of mine these days while I try to get back into being even semi-regularly here at the portal and the vore (or any online) community. But that does not mean I am not interested in seeing its revival. Maybe in the future...?
"Mmmm," Purple eyes stare enviously at a young woman's chest. "I might have to borrow that..."

A bit later as whimpers of despair fade, Im'Rhys admires her newest bewb job, "Ooooh, these look so much better on me."
Imrhys
---

Return to Work to be shared!