Superhero art and commissions

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Superhero art and commissions

Postby spidey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:42 am

Hey everyone,
Here's a little sample of stuff I've worked on lately (my coloring sucks, sorry). If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be happy to try them out. I only do same-size oral and I love superheroes, but I'll try any character or scenario if I like em enough. Constructive criticism and references welcome.
Attachments
spiderwoman.jpg
spidey
Somewhat familiar

Re: Superhero art and commissions

Postby spidey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 am

More like "requests" as opposed to "commissions". My bad.
spidey
Somewhat familiar

Postby CapturePoint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:51 am

Like your style, great work! Hope to see a lot more of it in the future!

I'll admit I'm not quite keeping up with superhero comics anymore nowadays, but they'll always have a place in my heart. My favourite team always will be the Thunderbolts, from Marvel. Perhaps you could do a piece with one of the characters from them?

Especially for simplicity of costume (in the sense of less detailing and more general colour areas), I suggest Moonstone as a subject. It's a loose suggestion, so feel absolutely free to pass of course!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mar ... 0508195213

Love, and once again kudos to your work,

CapturePoint
CapturePoint
Somewhat familiar

Postby spidey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:02 pm

I love Moonstone! Great choice. I initially did not like that Thunderbolts run (bigger fan of the classic roster) but I reread it last year and it's really held up. Watch this space.
spidey
Somewhat familiar

Postby spidey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:47 am

Here ya go! Let me know what you think. Who's next?
Attachments
moonstone.jpg
spidey
Somewhat familiar

Postby CapturePoint » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Ha ha ha, neat stuff! Lines are a bit rough, but that's fine! Colours especially work just fine here, it helps that her colour scheme is simple but very effective.

Love the angle used, shows off all the goods right and well, especially the way her hair falls! (I do like long hair spread out like that)

Of course the natural prey would be no one else but Songbird for Moonstone. I felt the same way when I had the idea to commish Gregole for an absorption pic a few months back: (https://aryion.com/g4/view/433017) Their animosity yet also being familiar teammates just works fantastic taken into predatory context.

Remember to also put these into the gallery! That way many more people can find them, enjoy them, and give you feedback and opinions.

As a followup, could do a reversal? A version of events with Songbird the victor?

Love,

CapturePoint
CapturePoint
Somewhat familiar

Return to Work to be shared!