Super new artist! Help me out?

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Super new artist! Help me out?

Postby dele36590h2bn6 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:06 am

Heya! I'd like to set up a shop (and I... have done so already because am an eager beaver), but something just occurred to me: I have nooooo idea if what I do is sellable on this site/if I should bother trying to sell here. Someone help me out?

I've already contacted staff and asked for a gallery as it says in the FAQ, so hopefully I did that right. I was thinking of offering three tiers:

Fullbody with bg:

Fullbody without bg:

Icon:
(Waaay rougher than what I'd normally offer, but it's the most vorish icon I've got on my laptop so I guess I have to put up with it)

The trouble is, the sort of vore I draw is chase/stalking scenes, macro/micro, things about to get eaten, stuffing, mawshots and such - when I try to do big bellies, they look simply awful, so I don't think I can offer that haha. So I don't really know if my art's at all sellable here, as much as I like vore. I've had a look around for some similar styles to mine, but everyone tends to offer the belly stuff - can someone throw me a line? Should I go away and come back once I've figured out the belly thing? :'D
dele36590h2bn6
New to the forum

Re: Super new artist! Help me out?

Postby CaptainBuggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:57 am

I personally like your style, it's unique and refreshing compared to what we typically see here. I see people who pretty much use MSP and the circle tool to draw their content and they get customers. There is always someone willing to pay for your work, but the best way to do so is build a little bit of an audience for about a month, find people here who share your interests, make some friends, then you are well on your way. The things you mentioned you draw are pretty common things here, so the things I listed shouldn't be an issue, though it will likely help you immensely if you can manage to learn drawing stomachs, seeing as its easily the most popular option out there.

I honestly do hope you can manage to gain commissioners, good luck buddy, you got this
CaptainBuggy
New to the forum

Postby Ignoreme79 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 am

While I think the restriction on belly themes may hinder you a bit, it shouldn't be a terrible problem. Especially if you do commissions for profile pics and other stuff like that. I would say that you should keep trying to do the belly work and maybe get to a point where your comfortable with it. But other than that I don't think anyone would complain about receiving a new artist to the cite.
Ignoreme79
Somewhat familiar

Postby bcdjcvsjhvjh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:19 pm

I don't think it would be too big an issue, micro seems fairly popular around here, and I know there are at least a few other artists who only do micro stuff. Knowing how to do belly stuff might increase your customer base, but I'd say it comes down to if you wanna be able to make more money, or draw more stuff you like. Both are fine choices really. As long as you draw some manner of vore type stuff, I don't think there would be any reason to *not* advertise on this site.
bcdjcvsjhvjh
Somewhat familiar

Postby anyonarex » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:28 pm

I like that watercolour-esque style you have going, i'll reiterate what everyone here is saying and recommend you wait about a month or two and build an audience. Then advertise/offer commissions, the belly thing shouldn't be an issue since micro vore is popular enough on it's own.
anyonarex
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Work to be shared!