Testing vore RPG Maker game

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Testing vore RPG Maker game

Postby eldritchnoodlearms » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:16 pm

I plan on making a vore game using rpg maker mv, but I'm bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of stuff. I make a very simple project just to test if I understood rpg maker enough to do what I wanted, and was hoping for some feedback related to the swallow skill and digesting state I made.

Currently the swallow skill costs 25 TP, has a 90% success chance, and inflicts the Digesting state.
The digesting state decreases HP by 20% each turn, seals magic and special skills, decreases hit rate by 1000%, and increases evasion and magic evasion by 1000%. I wanted some way to only be able to target the enemy who inflicted the state, but even if I could find the right plugins this would probably be beyond my skill, so this was my attempt and preventing characters/enemies swallowed from attacking and being attacked.
The digesting state allows access to the struggle skill, which has a 33% chance of removing the state. There is also the careful struggling skill which costs 10 TP, has a 75 % chance of success, heals 20%, and removes the state.

Do these values seem alright? I don't want encounters to be too easy because of the swallow skill, or enemies that can use it too annoying. Also, I suck at naming stuff so if you have better ideas on what the skills should be called, I'd love to here them.
Here's a link to download it: https://mega.nz/file/el8CmCLS#48J4Q0vL4_i4Rj6WAiJ_xH2zteQMtHfgcR2Hj1TMR-k
eldritchnoodlearms
New to the forum

Re: Testing vore RPG Maker game

Postby polyedit2000 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:33 pm

Tested. First, it's probably a good idea to place game projects inside the Vore Game forums as more game makers and players tend to go there.

Anyway, onto real feedback. First of all, the evade/miss idea limits usable skills to those with Certain Hit (Struggle and Heal). Assuming that the pred doesn't Swallow twice, this can turn the prey into an invincible healer. It also means that, with the current move set, prey would spend 4/5 turns in a "stun-lock" as they cannot do anything to the enemy, especially if all members of the team gets eaten. Also, Careful Struggling would not be useful here as TP is usually built from hitting or getting hit, meaning you'd have to have TP built up before getting eaten, meaning that 66% of the time, you'd be stuck in that monster's belly.

Second, the fact that you give both players and enemies Vore is a tricky move. Older vore games tend to use 1 vs many or 1 vs 1 because of the targeting issue you mentioned is easier to avoid if the 1 pred does not have competition. I see that you gave the boss resistance to Vore to avoid the double-belly issue, considering how strong the state is, and by giving the boss Vore, it's almost enough to shift into a second battle system (you as pred -> you as prey).

Anyway, I think, by applying Target Rate 0% in the Vore State, you can at least get enemies to direct their attacks to other people. Also, you could use the Troop Page to detect the Vore state and deal some damage to the affected per end of turn rather than a flat 20% as this could trivialize stronger enemy battles with luck or turn a weak enemy into an annoying threat.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby eldritchnoodlearms » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks for taking the time to help me like this. I can see how as is these mechanics could make the game a chore to play, as I planned on having common enemies with the swallow skill and all bosses immune to it. I'll try what you suggested and continue experimenting until I hopefully get what I'm looking for. If I make progress I'll make sure my next post about it is in the right forum.
eldritchnoodlearms
New to the forum

Postby polyedit2000 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:35 pm

You can also try my Vore DBS plugin in the sig.

But I'm not against you trying to figure out how to make a vore battle system.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby eatme1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:07 pm

You're better off using Yanfly's plugins if you can, you can do alot with that.

With Yanfly scripts you can:
- Change a battler's sprite while they have that state (and remove it when the state is over)
- Set the amount of turns a user is digested, based on stats (For example lower health could mean more turns the state is applied)
- Use formulas to determine how much stomach damage is done, instead of a flat percentage.
- Make skills have certain requirements to be used. For example you could have "Belly Rub" that can only be used on a target that is vored, or prevent a target that is already vored from being vored again by another target.
- Make it so the person who is eaten cannot be targeted at all (Like a reverse taunt)
- Make it so when the predator dies, the state is removed on the prey automatically.
- Do something when a target is digested (Like heal or something). With the right amount of knowledge you could even make it so certain buffs are applied depending on who was digested.

And so much more. If you need help, and you're willing to learn a thing or two about coding, you can contact me through discord and I can teach you the fundamentals.
eatme1234
Participator

Return to Work to be shared!