Black's vore rules for D&D 5e

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Black's vore rules for D&D 5e

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:49 am

Hello!

After nearly 9 months of playtesting and actively running a vore D&D campaign for a select group of my friends, I have decided that I am ready to share this with the internet sphere here in order for you to potentially try playing with them as well, as well as a list of vore feats for players to take to personalize their predatory or preyish playstyle to their liking. ^^

I will remark that my rules are geared towards a mixed audience of voreaphiles and attempt to make all natures of vore viable, with appropriate trade offs. If you or your group don't like having certain options available, feel free to remove rules from my list as you see fit to suit the theme you as a Game Master or as a Player group want. I have tried to keep the rules as simple and general as possible, to allow as much character design flexibility as possible.

In addition, I'll be following up these rules with advice on how to write any personalized vore feats you might want to add to your campaign in a follow-up post, and will reply to any advice sought out on these rules.

Without further ado, here is a link to the vore rules and vore feats. Please note that these were numbered in chronological order, and their number has no bearing upon their importance:

Vore rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fTE ... sp=sharing

Vore feats:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Qd ... sp=sharing
Cringe is dead and I'm still vorny.
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Re: Black's vore rules for D&D 5e

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:07 am

Black's advice on writing additional vore feats:

1. Work with your DM/with your players. Communicating what the intent of this feat is and reflecting on how it might be used or abused is key to making the vore feats fun for everyone.

2. Avoid writing (non-free) vore feats that require other (non-free) vore feats. Skill trees limit player choice, and balancing strong vore feats by making them have prerequisits makes individual fine tuning difficult.

3. Avoid "Blue Mage" vore feats. Vore feats that result in permanent, quantifiable advantages for the predator after eating and/or digesting their prey, or give them financial gains turn vore from a flavorful mechanic into a powerscaling avenue, and can result in even more lopsided power distribution in the party. Not to mention how it can enable murderhoboing.

4. Embrace synergies. Vore feats having positive effects when used with each other should be encouraged and considered. If it is not explicitly written, ask your DM if you can have two vore feats synergize in a way that you believe they ought to be able to.

5. For DMs: Give vore feats (And custom vore abilities) to your monsters. Spice things up and keep them guessing, both for the fun of it and to curb meta-gaming.

I hope these tips can help! Feel free to use my Custom vore feats as inspiration, and have fun with this system!
Last edited by M4st3r0fb41t on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Postby RedAmpoule » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:20 pm

These are some very good rules!
RedAmpoule
Been posting for a bit

Postby voreftw » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:30 pm

Makes me wanna get back into D&D again
voreftw
Participator

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:06 am

RedAmpoule wrote:These are some very good rules!

Thanks! I have been polishing them over for a while now, so I figured they'd be worth sharing. ^^
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Postby HildaVGoneril » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:14 pm

These rules look pretty awesome! I'd love to play in a campaign that uses them sometime. There should maybe be some abilities for monsters that limit the ability to teleport out of a stomach, as I can already see some possible cheese with certain spells. Maybe the digestive damage could use an upgrade, too. Maybe 1d6 + Level could work for that.
HildaVGoneril
Been posting for a bit

Postby Houyo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:07 pm

Always awesome to see people doing vore Table top RPG stuff.
Houyo
???

Postby TootCore » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:17 am

Oh hey, fun seeing you on the frontpage.
TootCore
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby UnbirthDude » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:27 pm

any chance of getting into your discord as an observer?
UnbirthDude
New to the forum

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:06 am

UnbirthDude wrote:any chance of getting into your discord as an observer?

Yeah, send me a friend request and I'll send you an invite, my Discord tag is "Black, Voidcat#8048" .
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:10 am

HildaVGoneril wrote:These rules look pretty awesome! I'd love to play in a campaign that uses them sometime. There should maybe be some abilities for monsters that limit the ability to teleport out of a stomach, as I can already see some possible cheese with certain spells. Maybe the digestive damage could use an upgrade, too. Maybe 1d6 + Level could work for that.

It's 1d6 per round spent inside of a predator, so it ramps up pretty quickly. You can however do extra damage to your prey with a bonus action using the bone crusher feat, which does scale as you level up.

As for the monsters getting cheesed by teleport spells, do note that misty step requires you to see where you are going, so unless you have a familiar who's eyes you can use or you're in a see through predator, you're not getting out by teleporting out of an enemy's belly until level 7 when you learn dimension door. Of course, nothing is stopping you from making monsters that stop prey from teleporting out. Just be sure to give it to an enemy where such an ability would make sense.
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Return to Work to be shared!