Chat noise ping

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Chat noise ping

Postby scottypilgrim » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Has it been not working consistently recently? I don't know if I'm just more oblivious than before or if the sound isn't 100%. I just seem to miss it so often now.
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Chat noise ping

Postby Luneth » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:38 pm

I think if you're tabbed out, it has issues playing. Despite the frequency of messages I get varying greatly, I still check every ten or so minutes if I'm on a different tab, I might've gotten a message and the PING won't play until I click on the chat tab.

I'm not sure if there's a priority, or algorithm, or anything with it, I'm no master coder. It pings sometimes when I'm tabbed out, and sometimes doesn't.
And maybe it was just a bit of a connection issue? Maybe for a split second your internet connection just did a sick kickflip over the handrail and put all its focus on that, so it didn't even register the ping.
Luneth
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:28 am

I also experience this issue, unfortunately. I want to say it might be related to newer browsers managing memory differently and not liking to let background windows play media files? Because like for instance, if I load up a youtube video and tab away before it loads and starts playing, it won't start playing until I tab back to it. But of course, that's just a wild guess.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby gullvy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:10 am

In my experience, the only times it doesn't work is when you've just opened the chat, then tab out before receiving a message.

So, if I log in to one of my characters, then switch to a different tab or window, I will not get a notification sound, until I switch back. When I switch back, the notification sound will play immediately, even though it may be minutes since I actually got the message. From then on, it'll work like expected.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room