For starting out: any "pvp" mentality annoys many people.

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

For starting out: any "pvp" mentality annoys many people.

Postby Varysoir » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:26 am

Okay so this one is easy to summarise, on a fundamental level there really isn't pvp in vore rp, some people do things using dice but that is random and doesn't reflect on the players. Essentially most scenes are about aking something together.

On some occasions, usually from new people, they may attempt random combat stuff, not even connected to vore stuff, and it is often ignored because this often ends up coming off as egocentric, and frankly, people aren't interested in the alleged badassery of some character.

If the site'd been meant for some pvp thing, there'd be a lot less regular people characters or even a lot less characters meant for interesting interactions, and less variation in characters, and more of characters based on DC comics or Dragonball Z or something not because the players necessarily find any interest in those things but more so because they claim they need their characters to be stronger than those of other people, for a vore site it'd be very silly.

People are generally going to change the strength of their characters for whatever makes scenes work, because again, doesn't make any sense for people to be like, "guess my character isn't going to be eaten by (insert something here), better not bother doing that scene then", because that defeats the purpose.

People are generally more interested in - okay, so to a pretty big extent they are interested in sexy characters, and in many cases characters with interesting personalities that can provide dynamic interactions. Someone's ability to fire a really big energy beam or run faster than the Flash, though, is rarely going to get much interest.

Fight scenes, I'm sure I've said this before, but these are very easy to end up infuriating people for real, unless giving respect to both/all characters involved.

An important thing is, is you're trying to make a character and you're finding you've made a list of powers and stuff longer than the actual character backstory and personality, etc; in addition to not being appealing to many, you're liking listing a bunch of stuff your character is never going to use; "trained in elemental magic" or "skilled in swordplay" are usually enough. generally speaking characters that have long lists of powers and stuff listed for this, end up using very little of it, and this is not the kind of thing that usually interests partners. on a similar note, if for example, your character carries a big axe because it looks intimidating, and they'd rather scare people off than fight, they'd rather scare people off than fight, then you're using that to say something about the character. or maybe someone associated with pirates insisting on carrying their cutlass out of allegience even though they've since trained in skills that'd make a rapier much better. there are much more interesting than caryring "whatever makes it easier to kick someone's ass" or carrying an entire armory in their back pocket! for example one of my characters carries a laser shotgun that is by all means less practical than a normal shotgun, but she is very ditzy and thinks laser shotguns are cool.

Okay, I've been lucky in my friends provided me some good advice for characters and stuff, so for example, once I made a kitsune goddess, eventually revealed as the kitsune goddess of spring break, did things like run around in a bikini because other kitsunes found it improper to the point it embarrassed them; made more sense making this character preyish because logically there's only so many contexts she'd find devouring someone funny, but being devoured even by some average joe is something that'd infuriate and embarrass other kitsune's; as a kitsune goddess there's numerous things she could do to prevent it, but that runs counter to the goals of said character.
Varysoir
Somewhat familiar

Re: For starting out: any "pvp" mentality annoys many people

Postby Abyssal » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:40 am

Good advice for people to follow. Hopefully it will lead to less asinine profiles. I'm reminded of seeing some magic ninja or something that had "Negates all abilities including physical ones" and just rolling my eyes and pre-emptively blocking them, maybe they're a great roleplayer, maybe their kink preferences would perfectly match with mine, but I'll never know because the 'I have to win' mentality is such an immediate turnoff that my (and many others') decision in the moment of contact is just... 'how about we just don't?' or the like.
Abyssal
Been posting for a bit

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:52 am

I think a lot of it tends to depend on the maturity of the people involved. I try to make three dimensional characters because they're more intriguing for me to play but sometimes that means they get riled even if I'm not, and on the rare occasion that means fighting they try to win. I take a couple of different approaches to this to keep everyone happy.

The first is that we'll just discuss and decide a winner beforehand. If My character is fated to win I generally try to make it seem like a struggle because it makes my partner feel that their character matters and is strong. If their character is supposed to win I try to be as creative as possible with my character's abilities but ultimately have them come up short. (Also since anyone can write "your character gets reckt, lmao" it's generally more fun to me to play it as if it were a close match than if the character was way overpowered.)

The second approach, if I feel my partner is mature enough, is that we just fight it out using our character's abilities and whomever wins, wins. During this I try to outline a couple of rules for combat that I've found keeps everything going smoothly. 1) don't ever describe your attack as if it already landed. It's frustrating especially if you run an agile character who relies on dodging a lot of blows to read "my character punches your character in the face and they fall down..." 2) keep the golden rule of improv in mind, "yes and..." it's easy to forget that what you're seeing in your head isn't necessarily what the other player is envisioning, so to eliminate unnecessary just go with the flow. Maybe you were envisioning the fight taking place out in the middle of an open field but your partner dodges an attack by hiding behind a tree. Instead of launching into a tangent about how likely the frequency of trees is in a field just roll with it. Now there's at least one tree there, if you have a super strong character maybe you can pick it up as an improvised weapon, maybe a missed attack downs it and both of you have to stop fighting for a moment to get out of the way. 3) Regardless of how your characters feel treat it like a friendly sparring match, sometimes I'll add some OOC chat like (That was a neat use of your character's power) it's easy, because most people are invested in their own characters to get so into the fight that you forget you're two people trying to have a good time. 4) Reciprocate. If you land an attack let your opponent get a hit in. Depending on how easygoing a partner you have you may be able to mix it up a bit like have your character get in a hit but dodge the next couple of attacks only to be grazed by a really powerful attack. Just make sure it feels even, if you have a tank for a character and you're fighting someone more fragile you can take more damage and get away with dealing less. 5) Commit. There's no mulligan's in combat, if you forgot a key piece of information that landed your character in hot water then that's just too bad. I can't really give any tips on handling this from the other end, like if the other player forgot your character was electric based and threw them into a transformer and they're mad your character got a powerup, you'll either have to decide whether to take the fight to its natural conclusion or be the bigger person and power down a bit.

I'm not saying all my fight scenes have gone smoothly but these are things that seem to help, and I don't think you can dismiss fighting in RP so easily, there are a lot of play styles out there and unwilling is a part of the kink too. If you think it's fun try to have fun doing it and if you don't like it don't engage in it. Ultimately the RP is for both players to exercise a fantasy that you can't live out, whether that be sliding down a slick wet gullet or shooting laser beams out of their eyes, or a bit of both I think it's okay so long as both people are having fun.
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby KnightleyPaine » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:16 pm

They're basically RP Red Flags for a lot of the vets at this point.

How to not get roleplay:

-Set in a hobby universe not really made for fetish like HALO, no effort made to fetishize it, just plays DOOMguy 1:1 or something
-List of powers centered around combat
-Stats
-Bonus: You recognize the system, the stats are above what is realistically achievable "Ah yes, D&D homebrew anthro squirrel, small creature, level 1, 20 STR"
-"My character is actually very caring deep down, but when pushed..."
-Inventory: -signature weapon
-Evolving Character +100
-Written with at least one layer of immortality or power up because the author still lives with the idea people are supposed to create consequences that matter without consent
-Oh no someone is EATING PREY IN THE VORE ROOM I MUST INTERVENE
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby LucifersChef » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:59 pm

I think a lot of roleplayers would be helped by reading what Blocking is in improv theatre. The same thing applies to roleplay.

Its a pretty widespread problem in roleplay here.

https://improwiki.com/en/wiki/improv/blocking
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby Doku » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:18 pm

Combat in RP is always a pervasively tricky thing. Generally speaking, listing one's powers is only particularly valuable when it adds to the immersion of the scenario, and where it clarifies 'what' a person is able to do. But when taken too far, it becomes time consuming and onerous to read through. It doesn't always come off as egotistical per se, so much as it comes 'overly nitpicking.' There are occasions where it appears to be more of an ego boost, but there's an element of tone in the profile and attitude that makes this clear.

Dice-Rolling is less popular on Eka's than it is on F-List due to the fact that the Eka's dice roller is not quite as convenient or robust as F-List's, though both have significant problems. Generally, unless people are attempting to actually do a D&D tabletop session (in which case you expect an enumeration of abilities, though I would usually recommend those in a collapseable 'button' to avoid cluttering a profile), dice are used for one of two reasons normally, and neither is common in Ego-centered Super Predator Play, where one is showing off:
1) Players desire a certain amount of random chance. Possibility of escape. Profile Play. Some elements of the scene out of player hands.
or
2) Two characters who would both be preds want to engage in a vore scene with each other, but agree that it's more fun if they don't know who's getting eaten.

So. My personal experience with Dice Rolling is that it adds the spice of the unknown, which can get some players more intrigued by a scene, but 9 times out of 10, it generally interferes with the desired outcome of the scene for one or both partners. It's wise to use it sparingly.

Heavy combat statistics are only valuable to a certain extent. Too much detail, and your partner spends more time reading up on your abilities than they do reading the descriptions of your uvula on their way down the throat. Details are valuable when they add to available info and improve a scene's flow. When they detract, it's more of an issue. Drop-down collapseable buttons are your friend in profile creation. Statistics can be easily wedged into one where they are viewed only by someone who wants to.

Sometimes it makes sense for immersion. Oh, you're playing a Pokemon? Ok, maybe you want to list the pokemon's moves! Yeah, a few stats make sense and they give an idea the kind of pokemon your character is. But if it does not improve immersion, it's best to control the quantities.

====================

On Combat in Scenes itself -
-The random initiation of combat in generally public areas for the purposes of starting a scene is usually a sign of a person who's pretty green. They're accustomed to "Unwilling" content and assume that the meal has to be forcibly grabbed. If they do so in public without first checking with the potential partner, they're less familiar with (or do not care about) rules of engagement, informed consent and the like. If it's the former, that's usually easily fixable with a few corrections. If it's the latter? Well, run for the hills. Always avoid people who are not at least tacitly on board with OOC informed consent in scenes.

-Combat in Vore scenes makes sense where you are dealing with an unwilling scenario, where the prey has the ability to defend themselves. For example: I'm sorry, but if I'm playing a Malboro and you're playing Tifa Lockhardt and the intended scene is a Tentacle Rape n Nom, I don't expect Tifa to bend over, pant and beg to be eaten. I expect a Dolphin Kick or two before the Bad Breath kicks in and she can't take it anymore. Is it still a normal Vore scene? Yes. Are we getting what we want out of it to see the fists fly and the materia glow with a flare of brilliant green light? Yep, probably. Can it interfere? Sometimes.

Combat is a fine-tuned thing in a scene. In unwilling scenes where the prey is more capable than kicking, screaming and begging for mercy? There's usually a desire to play out the defense before the capture and denouement. The easiest solution to "How much combat is a good thing" is to pre-scene speak with your RP partner. Ask them "Hey, about how long do you like combat to last, and do you definitely want to be prey, or do you want a chance to escape?" if you're the predator. Get a feel for the player's wishes. Some really want to drag out the process. I've had extremely good vore scenes that took 7+ pages out of 10 worth of text just getting to someone getting their feet past the gumline. For some, it was the journey they wanted. For others? They wanted to focus on the period where they victim is captured, possibly with extremely graphic, detailed digestion sequences.

If you are dealing with someone who likes long combat, it is wise to keep the descriptions of each maneuver clear, concise and obvious. Show where the blow is intended to strike. Use conditional language (e.g. "if they hit, it would be at the solar plexus") sparingly as it can be repetitive very easily. Throw punches but don't connect with them, giving chances for the person to react to your content, and avoid extensive, lengthy posts so they don't have too much to react to....

Unless you know them well. In that case, run with whatever works.

==============

All this pre-supposes you WANT unwilling prey who fight back in a scene. If you don't? People who have clear-cut interests in combat aren't for you.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Doku » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:23 pm

As a Note:

Combat =/= PvP.

Player versus Player implies a clear-cut element of competition between two players, with victory in this case being seen as "I eat you" or something similar. Or "I got to eat X instead of you."

that mentality is pervasive and has existed in Eka's as long as there's been an Eka's. It's directly tied to player egos and sometimes it is handled fine, and sometimes it is not. My general advice as it relates to PvP is that PvP is like Pepper. A little bit goes a LONG way in adding flavor to a dish, but too much destroys it. If your intent in engaging in competitive RP attitudes is to add spice to the meal and for both you and your partner to have the best time possible, then a little communication and your scene will probably go well.

If you're in this for yourself to get what you want, and to end up 'on top' of the situation, potentially for bragging rights after? You will almost certainly find that your experience grows increasingly hostile, your enjoyment reduces and fewer prey will wish to play with you. Some will still do so, because there are players who crave that kind of antagonistic atmosphere, but their numbers are fewer and you will lack the variety you could get otherwise.

So. Keep that in mind. Always. RP is, whether you like it or not, a two-way street.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Abyssal » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:26 pm

Doku wrote:If you're in this for yourself to get what you want, and to end up 'on top' of the situation, potentially for bragging rights after? You will almost certainly find that your experience grows increasingly hostile, your enjoyment reduces and fewer prey will wish to play with you. Some will still do so, because there are players who crave that kind of antagonistic atmosphere, but their numbers are fewer and you will lack the variety you could get otherwise.

I think you've missed a cue, a very large portion of the combat-heavy "I could punch God in the eye" profiles are somehow prey-leaning. As far as I can tell, the purpose of this is to allow them to reject predators they don't like, while also using the combative nature of their character to interject themselves into scenarios they think they would enjoy [usually via the aforementioned 'challenging a predator who is trying to eat someone else' method]. The problem with this being that it's an unwanted and unneeded interruption and usually also comes without the courtesy of bothering to ask either or both of the people playing whether they are welcome to join, which is admittedly more a problem with basic etiquette than the character design, but they come part-and-parcel more often than not so it's good to address them as a whole.

To continue your previous analogy, it's less two chefs making a dish and one adding too much pepper, and more some guy running around with a pepper grinder trying to shove it into random pots, pans, and worst of all already finished dishes.
Abyssal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Doku » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:56 pm

Abyssal wrote:I think you've missed a cue, a very large portion of the combat-heavy "I could punch God in the eye" profiles are somehow prey-leaning. As far as I can tell, the purpose of this is to allow them to reject predators they don't like, while also using the combative nature of their character to interject themselves into scenarios they think they would enjoy [usually via the aforementioned 'challenging a predator who is trying to eat someone else' method]. The problem with this being that it's an unwanted and unneeded interruption and usually also comes without the courtesy of bothering to ask either or both of the people playing whether they are welcome to join, which is admittedly more a problem with basic etiquette than the character design, but they come part-and-parcel more often than not so it's good to address them as a whole.

To continue your previous analogy, it's less two chefs making a dish and one adding too much pepper, and more some guy running around with a pepper grinder trying to shove it into random pots, pans, and worst of all already finished dishes.

Now, the "Paper Tiger" phenomena, along with the "White Knight" phenomena are two very different sorts of interactions, ones which are unique to open-play in chat rooms. White-Knights who were 'overpowered' with intent of interposing themselves with the intent of claiming prey that they would rather not be eaten by X person (or want themselves) are a reality. they were a reality 15 years ago when I started here, and they're still present today. Generally, the problem with these entities has very little to do with their power set or write-up. Fundamentally, if they're not communicating with the prey they're rescuing to make sure they aren't interfering with a desired scene, much less the pred they're interfering with, they're just inherently selfish as a roleplayer. The power level of the character is utterly unrelated to their impact on the scene. Their attitude will show forth regardless of power. I've seen the type more times than I can count, and experienced their attempts at interference on numerous occasions (usually because I play brutal predators and they don't want that brutality to occur to the chosen prey or on their watch).

My normal reaction is to simply tell my prey to ignore them unless they want a third wheel. If I'm the prey, I ignore their existence. The meta-narrative of the 4th wall and my authority as the player of the prey will literally always trump their wish to interject and such behavior is not even worthy of response on my part. The greatest insult I can give is to deem them to be irrelevant to my interactions.

I believe that white knights are, however, rather rare in actual numbers and practice. They tend to be very very visible, so there's a confirmation bias that leans towards thinking they're more. More or less a "Squeaky Wheel gets oiled" situation. They're pretty loud, so they're hare to miss.

===============

Paper Tigers, for example a Yukari Yakumo who wants to be eaten horribly despite the fact that she's one of the most powerful characters in all the overpowered Touhou franchise and who puts up a token resistance before crumpling under pressure, are again not really a matter of combat. They're people who want the dom to get broken. That's a whole other topic in and of itself. They can be mis-diagnosed at times however, because some paper tigers put up quite a front. Amplifies the experience for them.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nikkidafox » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:02 am

See that's the biggest problem is when people seem to almost be actively TRYING to not have the vore scene. Like if I see one more person go *pulls out a knife in your stomach and stabs it* I am going to just quit the rp right then and there.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Doku » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:46 pm

somedude601 wrote:See that's the biggest problem is when people seem to almost be actively TRYING to not have the vore scene. Like if I see one more person go *pulls out a knife in your stomach and stabs it* I am going to just quit the rp right then and there.

This is where you need to communicate with your RP partners and they need to communicate with you. Me? I don't feel perturbed when someone pulls the knife out inside the stomach, because that's the kind of attitude I like in prey. But this is definitely something where you need to be clear on "Exactly how unwilling and dangerous a prey do I want." Clearly? You're engaging with people who are far more unwilling in scenes and dangerous by nature than you are comfortable with. Avoiding a miscommunication here will help you both achieve the scene you want.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Varysoir » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:31 am

AlimentaryArtist wrote:I think a lot of it tends to depend on the maturity of the people involved. I try to make three dimensional characters because they're more intriguing for me to play but sometimes that means they get riled even if I'm not, and on the rare occasion that means fighting they try to win. I take a couple of different approaches to this to keep everyone happy.

Even if it got lost amongst the many negativity, did say that such scenes can only be good if the players keep respect for both/all characters. The character fightng to win is okay, the player 'fighting to win', is.... probably not.

KnightleyPaine wrote:-Inventory: -signature weapon

Alarming that the term 'inventory' is the most concerning thing there, but, even though, as described, arming a character can say something about them - but agreed that specifically, calling it a "signature weapon" manages to carry such, er, concern... needed to consider that for a bit, myself, and kind of shocking that one phrase can make things so much more alarming.

Doku wrote:As a Note:

Combat =/= PvP.

Player versus Player implies a clear-cut element of competition between two players, with victory in this case being seen as "I eat you" or something similar. Or "I got to eat X instead of you."

thank you, been trying to convey that though to some people maybe not so good making that point.
Varysoir
Somewhat familiar

Postby Abyssal » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:49 am

BakuryuuTyranno wrote:Even if it got lost amongst the many negativity, did say that such scenes can only be good if the players keep respect for both/all characters. The character fighting to win is okay, the player 'fighting to win', is.... probably not.

Honestly applying that to any kind of conflict, regardless of style, kinda covers the whole situation. Much like playing a tabletop game, the people playing are doing something collaborative, and should treat it as such. Coming in with the attitude of wanting to 'win' a roleplaying scenario is like going to McDonalds wanting to 'win' at dinner, it doesn't make sense and it's not going to do you any good because there's nothing to win to begin with.
Abyssal
Been posting for a bit

Postby TootLunch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:47 am

Haha, my magic elementary school playground shield negates all your attacks automatically, you can’t win!
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby KnightleyPaine » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:44 pm

TootLunch wrote:Haha, my magic elementary school playground shield negates all your attacks automatically, you can’t win!

My character asks his master for forgiveness, for he must go all out just this once one more time for the fifth time this morning as suddenly, all time stops as my character's eyes glow red, everyone recoils in fear, yes everyone I said so in a post it must be true, a psychic voice laughs out in everyone's minds as my character clutches his head, begging for "it" to stop, begging for "it" to forgive them for even though they all suck I am a perfect martyr that is morally superior always. But it's too late, my evil side, for whom I conveniently lack real culpability but gives me a reason to act all edgy and above other people breaks loose and activates my ultra super saiyan kage no hikari no seiken tetragrammaton vae victis attero dominatus umbra alpha omega fenris gjallarhorn shadow the hedgehog chaos majin dementia darkness raven way if you are still reading this then god have mercy on your soul because I will fucking find a way to hurt you because I am calling on the powers of both the God Emperor and all four ruinous powers because I inside me locked away is a shard of the Deceiver and Khaine locked in eternal conflict because you see all chaos gods are actually the deceiver it makes sense I swear I understand canon better than you I've only made very minor changes to the setting like for example the Void Dragon is actually the hollow of Nyarlahothep working for the Akatsuki because nothing is sacred to me but don't you see how amazing my writing skills are as I wildly misinterpret everything and butcher it all to my ends, all so I can combine the powers of Princess Celestia, whom the God Emperor of Mankind is the avatar of and Discord the one true chaos god, because did you really believe My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was not going to be dragged further into the cesspits of the mind of people who just have to fucking go there? Did you? Did you fucking really? You sweet summer child, are you hurt yet? I don't even care, this has only just begun, fuck leaving anyone who keeps reading with their faith in humanity intact, as I call upon my true but not really but also totally parents Princess Celestia and Discord, they call upon God, the Abrahamic one because there is no end to cringe and when I get into petty conflicts I will invoke the highest authority I can imagine to pretend I have infinite vindication because I'm incapable of being wrong now if god and anime are on my side, but I'm not a mary sue and this is not godmode, because actually, through god's powers, I obtain the powers of a Blue Yoshi, spiritually connect to the super star via nonfungible token. This means through a blockchain, a public ledger is created that proves my ownership of a connection to the powerstar, and through this I invert its power, making invincibility into vulnerability times infinity to the power of infinity to the power of fuck you, by which your magical playground shield's invincibility inverts. But you see, this is not me being OP, I was being creative, my writing is better than yours and you just all don't understand me, but I will show you, I will show you all that you should have just for once given the nice guy a chance, I deserve respect and by respect I mean people have to be in awe of me and my epic pwnage of you in this meaningless petty conflict will have been another stepping stone in showing this community that I am just a good roleplayer looking for a good time and not a socially inept person who is just further socially inept online, this is not a cry for help, you should cry for help because you are all omegas to my sigma brain, my IQ is the highest percentage and through it I have solved politics and determined that my personal idealism of anarcho-capitalism with fountainhead characteristics is the ideal society and everything will vindicate me, real racism is what I say it is, real sexism is what I say it is, vindicate me, vindicate me, vindicate me dammit! Do you not see that I am a genius with my future ahead of me and I will deign to entertain a woman at my glorious side unlike those douchebags? Without me, your future is mediocrity, because you care about dumb things like makeup and what else what is your major biology I guess but you will amount to nothing and my crypto will be the future but nobody understands me and gives me a chance even though I am recognized for my minecraft modding and insightful takes on the political compass memes. When my character has finally grown to his final form through my RP encounters, because they are like RPG encounters that's how it works right? There's no way a system made for game-ified progression is different from individuals just wanting to live out their fetishes, and if they do that that just means they're perverts for wanting their fetish on the fetish site, I am a roleplayer, a true roleplayer better than other roleplayers and the proof of it is that I have plot and by plot I mean showing how awesome my character is by brooding and being undefeated in battle and I will not be denied holy balls are you still reading this? Did you notice how I started out describing a character but it just went first person and increasingly run on? The run on wasn't on purpose it's an actual writing flaw I have. Ngl it's getting kind of sad like some people out there are not okay but they don't know how to get help so all they do is lash out in inappropriate places, but that's what being socially inept is like. It won't excuse their behavior, and they certainly aren't entitled anything, but consider for a moment that treating them like we already treat the homeless as uncomfortable things we don't like to see is not really going to help with the situation. But I don't fucking know you so what do I know what you've been up to have a good day but also your playground shield has been defeated and the oppressive aura around me fades, I blink at the absolute nothing that was everyone I disliked because they have been super mega deleted like they don't even go to the graveyard or out of play. I shed a tear for the lives that were lost due to the foolishness of others for opposing me, I'd whisper a word of forgiveness, but in everyone's hearts, they know I was right.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby axles » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:22 am

I don't know if its a part of my fetish or what but I always want the predator to be much stronger than the prey. Like... it doesn't make sense to me for a predator to go after someone that could almost defeat them there has to be a power difference ya know. Like for one of my human preds his bodily fluids if absorbed by the prey shrink them. When that happens it's just too late. It's a vore fetish site and I've had a few people where we agree on the aspects of the play beforehand all of a sudden pull some kind of thing that they are immune to the shrinking. Then start going into detail about how strong they are. It always leaves me sitting there like... uhh we discussed this already why are you fighting the flow? I don't want to go into combat I want to eat a helpless little tiny. (When I say I, I of course mean my character)

Idk I just completely see where you are coming from op. We're here for the vore. Find a DnD site or something if you want to go combat mode.
axles
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rumor » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:27 am

While a number of powerful characters might be worth giving a side-eye to, don't discount all of them. Some characters might be overly strong and stuff because they're meant to fill a particular role or niche in a potential scene. For example, I have one character who's an "I always win" type as an ancient god slayer, but that's not for ego or power tripping or "winning pvp" reasons. She's meant for scenes where it's someone else who's rather powerful is meant to get nommed and for it to logically make sense if they elect to resist. Never had a fight scene with her that wasn't a pre-planned foregone conclusion. (Though I don't play her much because most of the people who approach her are like typical ordinary college student alts and other average joes which would be well beneath her notice.) On another example, got a powerful kitsune alt. In theory, she'd be terrifying in a fight. In practice? Mostly uses her magic for soul vore/play shenanigans and/or illusion shenanigans. Ever had a digested prey get their consciousness astrally projected into an illusion that looks and feels real so they can rub the fat they became, and still physically are, on the predator's gut? She can do that as predator or prey and then some.

But then again, I often make a point not to pit these characters in antagonistic scenes with others who'd give a fair fight because I'm not here for the combat but rather the noms and differering power dynamics can be fun. And I also tend to do willing so maybe I just happen to largely avoid the players looking to beat mine by that virtue?

...though this reminds me I think one my of my older alts might still have a big long list of spells that'll never be relevant. Maybe I ought to check and, if so, nix it in case I play them again and don't have people giving 'em the side eye.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room