The New Chat

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

The New Chat

Postby Leshana » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Hello All,

Devleopment on the new chat software has been completed and we will be scheduling it to go LIVE sometime next week to replace our aging old chat software. There are a few things you should be aware of ahead of time!

• You will need to have a portal account to access the new version of our chat, now is a good time to sign up if you have not done so, remember though, one account per player only!
  • To use your character in the new chat, you will need to privately attach it to your account. To do this, you will need your character name and password, and press a big button call "Migrate". If there are some characters or password you have forgot about, now is a good time to request password recovery or character list by sending pub to Eka or Leshana
  • There are no time limit, you don't have to migrates your character immediately, all the profiles will still work the same
  • All the data, private log, public log, pub, profile description, slider, color setting should be transported, but nothing is 100% guaranteed
  • You will need to re-read the chat rule for the new chat, as there are new changes and new use of the chat. We will do our best to keep you reminded.

More information will follow soon, such as the exact times of the downtime required to migrate the data. Please ask some questions here if you have them, and I will compile them into a pre-migration FAQ to update this post.

This is a list of a few of the feature changes we have noted down in our documents. Will refine to a complete feature list later.

Core/Messaging Features
  • Programmed from sketch
  • Characters associated with accounts!
  • Aryion.com Single-Signon
  • Remember an alt list for your account
  • Switch to ajax approach, no reloads.
  • No Frames.
  • Better browser / plugin compability
  • Fixed issue with real time virus scanner
  • Code doesn't completely suck.

Usability Features
  • User interface improvement.
  • Redesigned to require fewer clicking and scrolling to access room, status, color
  • Userlist is clearer, refreshes faster and fails less.
  • Automatically reconnect
  • Text based warning if your chat is disconnected

Pub improvement:
  • Now possible to sort mail by name, date, subject
  • Added baisc Mail boxes capability
  • Recieve notification in real time
  • You will be notified if any of your alts recieve a pub

Profile Features
  • Sliders
  • Tons of new sliders
  • Clearly seperate Prey or Predator preferences with slider
  • Ability to add description to each of the slider you uses to clarify exact preferences.
  • Character
  • Export profile
  • Custom CSS area
  • Optionally disable Auto formatting (No auto adding <br>)
  • Whisper setting (and other stuff) (clear name after message sent) no longer requires relogin
  • 24-bit color range for nick and text color
  • Save 4 text colors favorite for instant color changes

FAQ
  • Will I be able to keep my secret alt anonymous? Yes. Other users can only see a list of your alts if you publish it.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Re: The New Chat

Postby Erebus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:05 pm

If I don't migrate a character until after the move, will it dissappear and I will need to recreate it?
Erebus
Somewhat familiar

Postby deathknight » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

This may sound incredibly stupid but how does on "migrate" to this new chat? simply copy and paste?
deathknight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Neat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:15 pm

What does the "Remember an alt list for your account" mean?
Neat
New to the forum

Postby chaoslord54 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm

deathknight wrote:This may sound incredibly stupid but how does on "migrate" to this new chat? simply copy and paste?

I'm kinda wondering the same thing along with the question brought up by neat
chaoslord54

Postby haloronin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:19 pm

with the new migration as a topic,

We wont need the Altlists anymore, will a lin be provided to make an alt hub for people curious to see whatother characters an individual player has?
haloronin
---

Postby Neat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 pm

haloronin wrote:with the new migration as a topic,

We wont need the Altlists anymore, will a lin be provided to make an alt hub for people curious to see whatother characters an individual player has?

I'm just worried that may be an all or nothing system. After all, there are some people I don't want to know all my alts, while others I trust i'd be happy to disclose them to.
Neat
New to the forum

Postby Leshana » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:32 pm

deathknight wrote:This may sound incredibly stupid but how does on "migrate" to this new chat? simply copy and paste?

Once the new chat is online you will be able to enter in the charactername and password of your old characters and everything will be automatically copied over. There is a big button.
But you do not need to "re-create" your characters, instead you just attach them to your account and everything including logs and profile will have been copied.

Erebus wrote:If I don't migrate a character until after the move, will it dissappear and I will need to recreate it?

In fact you will not be able to setup characters in the new chat until we go live next week. You will continue to be able to activate (aka migrate) your old characters for at least several months.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Leshana » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Neat wrote:What does the "Remember an alt list for your account" mean?

The chat will remember which characters are yours, so you can see a list of your characters. This will help prevent you from forgetting about some. However this association is not public information unless you publish it.

Neat wrote:
haloronin wrote:with the new migration as a topic,

I'm just worried that may be an all or nothing system. After all, there are some people I don't want to know all my alts, while others I trust i'd be happy to disclose them to.

Other users will not be able to tell your alts are associated unless you publish that information.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Imrhys » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 pm

First and foremost everyone and anyone, it has always been chat policy to recommend backing up all alt profiles. So regardless of how any and all of this works, those backups should be every ones fall back plan B.
Imrhys
---

Postby Neat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Leshana wrote:Other users will not be able to tell your alts are associated unless you publish that information.

Thats good. Though, we can still show specific people an alt list should we want to right? I've made an alt list that is one way only, and once I trust someone enough I just give them that alt list instead of having to post so many links to them to each character.
Neat
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Neat wrote:Thats good. Though, we can still show specific people an alt list should we want to right? I've made an alt list that is one way only, and once I trust someone enough I just give them that alt list instead of having to post so many links to them to each character.

As far as rules goes there are no major changes as to what you can put in your profile. Including putting a list of your alternative characters there.
Eka
Administrator

Postby maraudingmarauder » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Oooh, I am liking the universal PUB list! Will the chat allow tabbed access to multiple rooms with the same character, or will the old "Scree" and "Scree_" alts still be required?
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:23 pm

maraudingmarauder wrote:Oooh, I am liking the universal PUB list! Will the chat allow tabbed access to multiple rooms with the same character, or will the old "Scree" and "Scree_" alts still be required?

Using the same character to login twice or more, is not an available feature at the moment.
Eka
Administrator

Postby SkyCastle » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:03 pm

For those of you who didn't see the new chat yet, do not be worried. It is a fantastic upgrade ~ the single account with multiple alts is an amazing feature as well as the new menu driven account settings/description set up. They did a great job to keeping the overall look and feel of the old chat and perfecting it with the added features.

We are lucky to have these things generously provided to us as a free site, and for that I think we should all be very thankful.

Can't wait until it goes live. ;)
SkyCastle
Been posting for a bit

Postby darthirony » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Is it still HMTL code able? like <hr> and making your own scrolling inside of the profile, also to change the background color if wanted or is that a normal feature now; to change the background to something other then black?
oh....well, want a cupcake? ^.^
darthirony
Somewhat familiar

Location: Tn kodak; or under a tree with big bulging squirming belly o.o

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:34 pm

darthirony wrote:Is it still HMTL code able? like <hr> and making your own scrolling inside of the profile, also to change the background color if wanted or is that a normal feature now; to change the background to something other then black?

You still use HTML in your profile. Yes. You can also use CSS.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Len_The_Fox » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Im with this guy, How will that work? Will it remember our Chars info, Or will we have to save our Chars info and Paste it to a Blank profile when the time comes?
Len_The_Fox
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Len_The_Fox wrote:

Im with this guy, How will that work? Will it remember our Chars info, Or will we have to save our Chars info and Paste it to a Blank profile when the time comes?

That question is answered already!
Eka
Administrator

Postby ShadesofBlack » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 am

This will be lovely!

Thanks so much for doing this.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Our chat room