How do you respond to a bad RP Partner?

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

What do you do if your RP Partner is performing poorly?

Leave the RP without a word and never reply to them again?
11%
Whisper an OOC complaint during the RP?
48%
Tough it out to the end and then mention a complaint or two?
22%
Ignore their faults and keep playing?
19%

Total votes : 250

Re: How do you respond to a bad RP Partner?

Postby FlutterVore495 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Agentxy14 wrote:I prefer to leave an OOC complaint...No, that's not the word. I prefer the term 'critique'. Y'see, I feel that ignoring the problem only continues the problem; not mentioning a flaw in an RP only leads to the same flaw being committed in another RP by the same person. Yet I prefer to be kind and respectful about it, and I expect others to do the same. Don't leave without a trace, and don't yell at the person. Simply discussing some issues and offering good-natured advice helps immensley: try using 'I feel' comments ('I feel that you could do a bit better with post length/grammar.'), while offering suggestions ('Maybe, instead of simply writing what you're doing, you could add some thoughts?') and adding a compliment ('I do love the originality you just used there.'). Most likely, the RPer will leave the RP happier and more skilled.

Basically what Agent said is what I'd do
man that old signature was cringe
FlutterVore495
???

Postby DemonessClare » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 am

honestly, I tough it out, though I don't have much space to talk, I'll make grammar errors all the time and misspell words every once in a while but usually when I get into a role play with someone that's a pretty poor role player, I either finish the role play or find a way to get my character away from their character, I only role play in public ones, so there is more fish out there as they say.
♥♥♥♥♥♥
Preferences
DemonessClare
Participator

Postby Coshi » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm

Keep playing: If you get into a role play without fleshing out an opinion of the person you're with that's your own fault, a truly proud and confident role player should be an exhibitionist of their own prowess, I find genuine enjoyment in giving uniform, juicy posts to folks who are still young and learning the ropes of text tennis, if they're not trying at all, then it just becomes amusing to watch your own paragraphs boot their one-liners off of the monitor until they're eventually just embarrassing themselves! But even still, if you're just going into a scene with someone only desiring your own personal gratification, you're a rather bad player yourself. If you leave without a word and ignore someone, you're just that much worse; I personally would not want to associate with you, no matter how good you are at role play. (╹ェ╹)
Coshi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Songbird » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:32 am

So...um i think i was the bad role player but I don't know. You see I play the character the whole way through and well the story kind of went in a direction I didn't like but I sucked it up and just played along till the end. Well then I tell the person the truth and pass if off as my fault and telling them I hope they had a good time....What I get is them asking why i didn't speak up and break character before complete silence and I'm pretty sure they are pissed at me. What should i have done? And just wondering how do you tell if you are blocked? I sent an apology but no way to know if it went through?
Songbird
New to the forum

Postby coop500 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 pm

It depends fully on the roleplay, for a lot of things really I would just let it slide, finish the roleplay and just simply keep my distance after that. However god modding is something I can't stand and if it's really hindering my enjoyment I will whisper a OOC post to them right away. Mainly role switchers who don't tell me, my characters are strictly predator or prey and I despise it when others decide that my preference on my own characters doesn't matter, without warning or anything. That is pretty much the only thing that will make me stop, that and maybe rude behavior but not likely.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Aiden » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:07 am

My habit is to tough it out and just do what I can with what the other person is giving me, if it's just an issue of his replies being kinda lame in comparison to mine. If the experience is not the greatest cause he is trying to push a kink i'm not interested in, however, I'm more likely to step aside and give a heads up OOC. I don't think I should make people waste their time with someone (me) who does not share their interests.

i've actually had a very long running rp with someone whose posts i feel have *alot* less effort put into them then me, that experience has been annoying at times but it's surprising how enjoyable i can make a scene for myself just by continuing to put effort into my own posts.
Aiden
Participator

Postby AnotherAnon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:09 am

(Hope this doesn't count as a necropost x.x)

It's quite subjective. For a while I used to just tough it out, but have come to realise: "Wait, if I'm not enjoying this, why am I wasting my time putting effort in? I'm not a charity."

So basically my policy is this. If the spelling/grammar is bad enough that it takes me out of the scene, I'll stop, and tell my partner why. If I don't think enough effort/detail is being put into my partner's posts, i.e. I give them, 3/4 lines with really nice detail on stuff and things, and they reply with 1 line that doesn't even include an adjective, I'll stop and tell them why. I will never just "poof" on my partner, because that's not how I would want to be treated if I wasn't satisfying my partner. Everything is about mutual enjoyment, if one of us isn't having fun, it's not worth doing.

In simple terms, I try not to be a dick about it, everyone has different writing skill levels, and if someone were to ask me for help with their writing I'd gladly assist. I just don't bother wasting my time RPing with people that aren't going to satisfy me.

Also.

Songbird wrote:So...um i think i was the bad role player but I don't know. You see I play the character the whole way through and well the story kind of went in a direction I didn't like but I sucked it up and just played along till the end. Well then I tell the person the truth and pass if off as my fault and telling them I hope they had a good time....What I get is them asking why i didn't speak up and break character before complete silence and I'm pretty sure they are pissed at me. What should i have done? And just wondering how do you tell if you are blocked? I sent an apology but no way to know if it went through?

What you should have done is told your partner when the scene was taking a direction you didn't like. No self-respecting person should get mad at you for speaking up that they're doing something you don't like. Though it helps to establish "yes"es and "no"s before you start the scene. Either that, or be really confident you know your partner well enough that they wouldn't do something you don't like.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby shifte » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:31 am

It depends on what's happening, if someone is making spelling or grammar mistakes it doesn't bother me. If my partner is trying to force something into a scene that I'm not comfortable with I try to express it in character and steer the rp away that way before sending and OOC whisper. For the most part though I try to be very upfront about the things in a rp I don't like in my character pages. For the most part that works
shifte
New to the forum

Postby EGKangaroo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:18 pm

I respond differently depending on what my issue is. If it's a specific element of vore that makes me uncomfortable, I try to point it out to them OOC that I do not like the direction they steer the RP towards in a polite manner, and propose a way to work around it if it generates a conflict in interests. If it's really not salvageable I just agree to end the RP at that point. Sometimes, in case of digestion going a tad too far for my liking (happens pretty often even though my preferences are clear), I just tell them that I prefer to quit immediately, and whatever goriness the partner wants to imagine afterwards can be left open to interpretation.

But then there are some players who just don't get it at all. They power wank, control my character's moves, don't understand when I tell them I am uncomfortable or just plain ignore it, and just put so little effort into the RP that I have to carry the whole story for myself. There's eventually going to be a line where I give up, and stop responding or mute them. It hasn't happened on this site yet, but I RP'd in other places where I was forced to take those kind of measures. It's definitely not fun to do, especially if you find yourself forced to interact with them still by staying the same chatroom, but it's a necessity sometimes. :\

If it's just a few spelling errors and somewhat sub-standard writing, I can ignore it, though I will probably remember to RP less with them.
I am demimale~
Pronouns: he or they
Avatar was drawn by Tanio (click here for full image)

Have a nice day! :)
EGKangaroo
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:35 pm

I certainly hope to never have to deal with this, nor to be a problematic RP player.

Of course, I've yet to have someone to play with, so I've no experience one way or the other...yet.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Avereth » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:48 pm

Too many explode if you critique their roleplay. I just tough it out to the end assuming they don't log off all the time and then avoid doing any more.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: The Savannah, resting as a meerkat squirms inside me

Postby Kobra » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Define Badly. Short posts? Bad spelling or grammar Getting off topic? Too random? Not observing your personal preferences? Too Clingy?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was ANY of the above, to be honest. Some people can be petty if it's not absolutely perfect or to their liking. So definitions of bad vary from player to player
Instead of whining, or griping over a bad RP, I would recommend you use a little constructive criticism, maybe mention how they could improve the next time. Try to be the better person about it.
And if you don't like the way it's going you could simply ask that it goes in a different direction than the RP is currently heading, or request that the partner try a little harder next post.

If it's not bad, wait until the end and offer a few pointers
If it's going in a direction you don't want, let them know, and allow them to rewind, delete their old post and replace it with a better post.
People can improve!

On the other hand. If you you discontinue and give them the silent treatment, that only makes you rude and hey, people talk.
I would only recommend asking to discontinue, if it's THAT bad. But like I said, offer constructive criticism... But get to the point and don't sugar-coat it too much.
Mmmmph! Hmmllm? Mhp Mmm MuHHHH! HMMMMP
* Umm hello? LET ME OUT!!!!!** HELP!!!
Kobra
---

Postby BelleJar » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 pm

I don't rp a lot but I feel like i'm probably the bad partner ×_× the last one i was in the other person just stopped replying after a short time. Idk what i did wrong, i mean there were a few grammatical errors and typos probably but that wouldn't be enought to put someone off that completely would it?

On the topic though, i don't think I've really had any BAD partners except for one person who informed me that everything i did was wrong, even after i altered the way i was doing things, and demanded that i be available around HIS schedule (god save me from control freaks). But if i ever really did encounter someone who was being overly op, or controlling, or any other thing that may strike me as annoying i would pause the scene and calmly/kindly inform them that things weren't working out and see if they were willing to discuss what could be done to at least finish the scene we were playing
boop
BelleJar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Hell, the RP I did on FetLife went badly, simply because of my day mood shifts, and then when I confronted her for being the one at fault (this is the truth), she blocked me, when that wasy right and mine alone. An evil person, that Bellona, and I was kind and loving and supportive throughout. Taken advantage of again, so I have stopped all my creative efforts and no longer have any interest whatsoever in RP. Yep. Done, and hopefully dead soon!
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Previous

Return to Our chat room