"Disconnected from chat daemon" message in chat

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

"Disconnected from chat daemon" message in chat

Postby Michenako » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:14 am

So I have had this message pop up in my chat for months now:

Disconnected from chat daemon. Retrying...

Connection re-established.

This has happened on both my previous computer and now my newly-built one. I have no idea what the cause is but I saw some forum topic where someone discovered the solution, without actually revealing what they did to fix it.

I have disabled uBlock (My ad-block addon) for all things Aryion.com-related, including the chat, as well as allowing it through malwarebytes, just in case; nothing has helped.

I have used Firefox the entire time, so I guess it has to be something caused by it. If anyone's got any info that could help, that would be great. Makes it impossible to use the chat at all since I fail to receive or send messages quite a lot. They just get gobbled up by the void.
Michenako
New to the forum

Re: "Disconnected from chat daemon" message in chat

Postby Nibor » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:01 am

That usually happens when you momentarily lose connection with chat. It's usually caused by memory-intensive webpages or programs being used with the chat on. It's basically unavoidable, sorry.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby SinfullyHungry » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:31 am

It's an internet issue. Your wifi signal is probably dodgy. Daemon is just slang for the server.
SinfullyHungry
Somewhat familiar

Postby Michenako » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Nibor wrote:That usually happens when you momentarily lose connection with chat. It's usually caused by memory-intensive webpages or programs being used with the chat on. It's basically unavoidable, sorry.

SinfullyHungry wrote:It's an internet issue. Your wifi signal is probably dodgy. Daemon is just slang for the server.

I don't use wifi or even wireless internet and usually don't have many other webpages open. So, nothing I can do then, huh? Well, thanks for the information, at least. :)
Michenako
New to the forum

Postby SinfullyHungry » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:27 pm

Try clearing cache and cookies, and unplug and replug in your router/modem. That's about it.
SinfullyHungry
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room