Bad way to approach anyone for anything

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Bad way to approach anyone for anything

Postby Jswrighting » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:30 am

This is just something that had been bugging me a little, from the title you may be able to guess what I'm talking about.
Let me just state now that I'm not going to mention any usernames or anything because I don't want to single anyone out.

This has to do with the Distracted/Do Not Disturb signs that you can set in the chat, and its not a common thing, but something that has happened to be in chat on multiple occasions, so I wanted to make it a little more apparent of a problem seeing as (as far as I can tell) there are no other threads about this.
Heres the thing, when I (or any other use for that matter) have the DoNotDisturb up next to the character name, I expect people to not send me messages asking for RP. This has happened on more occasions then I would have expected. When I have Distracted/DoNotDisturb up on my character either two things are happening;
A)Im in an RP already
or
B)I am actually doing something else and don't want to be distracted.
Suuuuure, annoying me when you know that I don't want to be interrupted is definitely going to want to make me RP with you... :roll:

Anyway I just wanted to see what other people think about this.
-------------
W O O
-------------
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Re: Bad way to approach anyone for anything

Postby Vidofinir » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 am

Same. DND/Away, or Distracted seem to do absolutely nothing for me some nights.

Bonus points if the other person ambushes me within SECONDS of logging in to an alt with an RP already planned, before I can even change status. Worse yet if they then get offended that I 'put that up just to reject them'.
Vidofinir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:16 pm

"but I really wanted to play"/"now I'm sad :(" messages when someone it turned down for any reason are the worst
masterofvore1
---

Postby Rumor » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Do Not Disturb, I can understand. Since, well, its exactly what it says on the tin. If someone messages me with DnD up, I typically don't even respond unless they're a friend. And, I don't really consider this rude since, well, I made it clear to everyone online that don't want to be bothered anyway.

Distracted though, can mean a lot of things. I usually use it to indicate that I'd be slow to reply to people who message me, either because I'm in several RPs or I'm doing things with chat in the background. So, I'll sometime poke people who are distracted since, well, if they didn't want any approaches at all, they're using the wrong tag. (Use DnD or OOC). I don't expect a scene though and, if they're not interested at the moment, I'll leave them be.
Last edited by Rumor on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby MinunChaos73 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:34 pm

One thing to remember is that some people maybe using a mobile device to get on the chat. These people may not see the signs as clearly as to those that have computers. Just thought I would throw it out there.

As for me when I use these signs, I don't get a lot of attention when I have them up and when someone messages me, its usually a friend or someone that actually interests me. Any other time, I just tell them that I can't play and will consider a play with them. that is, as long as my mood is good and all afterwards.
MinunChaos73
---

Postby DissociatedChaos » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:24 pm

DND is something I only use if I'm absolutely swamped with stuff. Distracted for me means that I'm doing things, or have people around in RL, so don't be surprised if I take more than a minute or two to respond to something. I might respond quickly, or I might not notice for a half hour, depending on how distracted I am. But yeah, if I'm on DND, and someone starts talking to me, if they're a friend, that's fine, but otherwise I'll admittedly probably be rather short with them to say the least.

I tend not to poke people with DND up ever, and only poke at people who are distracted if they're people I already am friends with.
DissociatedChaos
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room