Chat Migration

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: Chat Migration

Postby Nibor » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:22 pm

Urg.... I can't wait any longer! When is it gonna be ready?!?!?!
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby coop500 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Nibor wrote:Urg.... I can't wait any longer! When is it gonna be ready?!?!?!

Patience Grasshopper~
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Mistress-MRisha » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm

I'm curious about a couple of things that might have already been asked in the stream earlier and which I can't currently watch right now, bare in mind that I'm a Australian resident and its currently 11:38 AM Sunday in my part of Australia, with the switch over between the chats having already been underway for almost 11 hours already.

1: I've noticed that sometimes in the temp chat, when I attempt to access the temp chat with one of my newer alts created within the last 6 to 12 months, I've been unable to do so, the new alt not showing as being available on the list of alts on my account. This happened most recently a few weeks ago when I tried accessing the temp chat with one of my new male alts while the normal chat system was down and non-functional.
Will the problem of not being able to access new alts that have only existed for a short period of time be fixed when the new chat system is in place?

2: Will the private whisper logs one has from the old chat be transferred and accessible in the new chat system? I ask this, as I have whisper longs from my first original alt that go back 10 years, from when I first joined back in 2006. Am wondering if I'll be still able to access those 10 year old logs (as I had been able to before this switchover between the chats start) or if those logs will be lost/wiped out completely?
Mistress-MRisha
New to the forum

Postby JMDarkly » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 pm

I don't mind the wait. The thing I'm worried about is that our alts might be gone, at least if what I saw in some of the comments are to be believed. So, will we need to remake our old characters from scratch?
JMDarkly
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Katria » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:54 pm

I can't say I'm a fan of the GUI on the new software, or the overall functionality of it, compared to the old chat. As strange as it is, one of the things that bothers me most is the change of sounds, and more chat space given up to user icons. I wish there was a way to minimize, or outright hide the larger icons down to the old 16x16 ones, that were less obtrusive.
Katria
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Mistress-MRisha wrote:I'm curious about a couple of things that might have already been asked in the stream earlier and which I can't currently watch right now, bare in mind that I'm a Australian resident and its currently 11:38 AM Sunday in my part of Australia, with the switch over between the chats having already been underway for almost 11 hours already.

1: I've noticed that sometimes in the temp chat, when I attempt to access the temp chat with one of my newer alts created within the last 6 to 12 months, I've been unable to do so, the new alt not showing as being available on the list of alts on my account. This happened most recently a few weeks ago when I tried accessing the temp chat with one of my new male alts while the normal chat system was down and non-functional.
Will the problem of not being able to access new alts that have only existed for a short period of time be fixed when the new chat system is in place?

2: Will the private whisper logs one has from the old chat be transferred and accessible in the new chat system? I ask this, as I have whisper longs from my first original alt that go back 10 years, from when I first joined back in 2006. Am wondering if I'll be still able to access those 10 year old logs (as I had been able to before this switchover between the chats start) or if those logs will be lost/wiped out completely?

Well your first worry should be fine, I think that's what is taking so long is transferring over all the characters, I may be wrong, which is a good thing that I have most of my profiles backed up on DA Sta.sh.

As for your second worry.. . I don't know, that's a very genuine worry there really. I like looking at past roleplays....
coop500
???

Postby Achenar » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Mistress-MRisha wrote:2: Will the private whisper logs one has from the old chat be transferred and accessible in the new chat system? I ask this, as I have whisper longs from my first original alt that go back 10 years, from when I first joined back in 2006. Am wondering if I'll be still able to access those 10 year old logs (as I had been able to before this switchover between the chats start) or if those logs will be lost/wiped out completely?

Private logs are in the process of being transferred over as we speak!
Achenar
Participator

Postby coop500 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Achenar wrote:
Mistress-MRisha wrote:2: Will the private whisper logs one has from the old chat be transferred and accessible in the new chat system? I ask this, as I have whisper longs from my first original alt that go back 10 years, from when I first joined back in 2006. Am wondering if I'll be still able to access those 10 year old logs (as I had been able to before this switchover between the chats start) or if those logs will be lost/wiped out completely?

Private logs are in the process of being transferred over as we speak!

Well that kind of answers both questions, so we're good!
coop500
???

Postby masterofvore1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:09 pm

would be nice if there was a better way to archive them than to go page by page but I don't think the new one has that(yet?)
masterofvore1
---

Postby MinunChaos73 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Hopefully everything will be in order before I go to bed. I like to see all the new changes, fix up a few characters if possible.

Just uh, is there being done about deleting inactive profiles from inactive/banned accounts during this transfer or is that being saved for another day?
MinunChaos73
---

Postby masterofvore1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:17 am

Nibor wrote:Urg.... I can't wait any longer! When is it gonna be ready?!?!?!

Soon(tm)
masterofvore1
---

Postby VelveteenDreams » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:39 am

Any news on this yet?
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mistress-MRisha » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:57 am

Xenenderson11 wrote:Any news on this yet?

Nope, stream is currentrly offline due to Leshana most likely falling asleep.
Mistress-MRisha
New to the forum

Postby pudgepire » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:07 am

Mistress-MRisha wrote:I'm curious about a couple of things that might have already been asked in the stream earlier and which I can't currently watch right now, bare in mind that I'm a Australian resident and its currently 11:38 AM Sunday in my part of Australia, with the switch over between the chats having already been underway for almost 11 hours already.

1. Tempchat is held on a different server from normal chat. Characters must be manually copied over to it, and it hasn't happened in a while, so that's why newer characters aren't there. In the new chat, all characters made up until the chat was shut down for the move will be moved over.

2. Yes, logs are being copied over as well. I watched a good deal of this process. Very lengthy.
pudgepire
Somewhat familiar

Postby Glaive » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:06 am

masterofvore1 wrote:would be nice if there was a better way to archive them than to go page by page but I don't think the new one has that(yet?)

That's being worked as well.
ImageImageImage
Glaive
???

Postby Gileseypops » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:36 am

Soooo....what are the big changes? What are we to expect from this big shiny new chat? :)
Gileseypops
New to the forum

Postby CompactorFlame » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:53 am

Well, I've just started using this new chat, and I love the way it looks. However, I've run into a bug with one of the new features: "My Summary".

When I click that under the profile tab, I get the option to write in a summary to be put on the "Temp All" list. However, when I click "Update" it does not go through. In fact, nothing happens. No updating, no waiting, not even the popup disappearing. I can't change a thing.

I'm not gonna look at any more of the features migrating from the old chat as bugs right now because I know that's a pain. So I'll just be looking at the new things if I need to mention anything else.

Also, the character I'm using right now is Pamela_Isley, in case that's important.
There's people whose gender you know. There's people whose gender changes around, so you don't really know. And then, there's me.
CompactorFlame
Been posting for a bit

Postby hamletvalley » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:10 am

This isn't a bug with the chat, but the drop down on the site for character database and chatroom logs give out a 404 error :3
hamletvalley
Been posting for a bit

Postby chaosvolt » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:36 am

Hmm, seems to work. I was expecting something broken as all hell given all the snark on the initial page. :V
"Keep one foot in the past, one foot in the future, and your tail wrapped around the present."
http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Chaosvolt
chaosvolt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sergit » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:15 am

So... I'd like to know the main additions to the chat. I intend to test it out later today, of course. To those who saw the stream/have tested it already, how is it? Will it be hard to adapt to it? I'm so curious! :3
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Our chat room