C4 Chat room feedback thread

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: C4 Chat room feedback thread

Postby Teruyo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:10 pm

8 months after I first reported them, the search and chat logs are still broken, both of which seem like basic fixes that could be pumped out in a day or three. It genuinely doesn't seem like chat is being worked on at all, and I hope that perception is wrong.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AnotherAnon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Teruyo wrote:8 months after I first reported them, the search and chat logs are still broken, both of which seem like basic fixes that could be pumped out in a day or three. It genuinely doesn't seem like chat is being worked on at all, and I hope that perception is wrong.

I have to say I concur, all I'd like is for the community to be kept in the loop.

"Sorry guys, but my personal life has prevented me from doing any substantial work on the chat for the past ~8 months. ETA on next update is unknown for the time being."

^ I would accept this. Better than being kept in the dark.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Teruyo wrote:8 months after I first reported them, the search and chat logs are still broken, both of which seem like basic fixes that could be pumped out in a day or three. It genuinely doesn't seem like chat is being worked on at all, and I hope that perception is wrong.

The Find page should be fixed.

Text search is going to have to be implemented entirely using other technology like solr, sql just don't cut it. So don't expect text search to work for sometime. As usual. There are no ETA on when it will work.

You are not wrong, though. The chat wasn't being worked on. Leshana and I have been busy.

AnotherAnon wrote:
I have to say I concur, all I'd like is for the community to be kept in the loop.

"Sorry guys, but my personal life has prevented me from doing any substantial work on the chat for the past ~8 months. ETA on next update is unknown for the time being."

^ I would accept this. Better than being kept in the dark.

Um. We never said there are ETA, but I guess we will say it again. There are no ETA. In the future, if you don't see any update. The update is that there are no update.

Zygrograxgra wrote:The ability to mute people across all your characters would be a godsend.

There are no plan for this.

Herc1995 wrote:Please work on the search, guys :(

Please keep in mind search is a new feature that was never there in the last ten years. While it would be nice to have it working. It really shouldn't be an urgency.

Teruyo wrote:While we cannot access the Mod Board without mod powers, we can see when people are in it in the All User list. Example. This might be intended, though, so we can contact mods that are in there.

In old chat, you got a notification on your Messages page on the main site whenever you got a PUB, but this feature is missing in new chat. I would like to see it back, even though being able to check PUB messages on any character (instead of just the character that got the PUB) helps mitigate the problem somewhat. After the other issues are fixed, though, this is probably my lowest-priority request.

Thanks we will look into those.

Teruyo wrote:Group Chats do not appear to have a sound notification. It would be nice to have.

Minor thing: When viewing the Temp "All" List, characters with names that start with a lower-case letter are listed at the end, instead of where they normally should be in an alphabetical list. Not a very high priority fix, but it is technically wrong. Example picture.

We might consider those.

player1 wrote:Ive noticed something. when you search something based on pref, the pred/prey column seems inversed, which is quite confusing.

Should be fixed now.
Eka
Administrator

Postby satanhymn666 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:45 am

I have a problem with embedded stuff in the profiles, for some reason none of them work. Across all of my old profiles, they've all been wiped out, and I tried putting in a new embed (like SCM Music Player) in one of my newer/updated profiles to no avail. I have no idea whether or not this was deliberate or a bug, either way I wanna know what's up.

Thanks in advance! :D
satanhymn666
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnotherAnon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:58 am

Eka wrote:-snip-

It's more about transparency than anything else. ETA, no ETA, doesn't really matter. Just a "We're not working on the chat currently because we're too busy with other things." Every now and then would be nice rather than just stark silence for months on end.

Or if something is being worked on, "We're currently working on X, it will be done when it's done." Literally anything is better than nothing when it comes to information. I'm sure the part of the community that really cares about the chat and follows its development would really appreciate just a word here and there on its status.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 am

It still doesn't work on iPhone. :(
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby Fyr3 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 pm

I'm new to the chat, started this week.
I've already managed to make a few friends, and have a bit of an ongoing roleplay going on.

Here's the biggest complaint I have no friends list.

Secondary complaint which is fairly minor. is sometimes I can't read people's usernames on the list of people in the room. I have 20/10 vision so I can't imagine I'm alone. Although this is largely due to people's color choices, but an option to blow up that text and not the whole page would be nice.

If these features already exist, then replace that with the fact I couldn't find em.
Fyr3
Somewhat familiar

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Is there any fix planned for iPhone yet?
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Previous

Return to Our chat room