C4 Chat room feedback thread

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: C4 Chat room feedback thread

Postby Teruyo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:48 am

Searching public chat logs is also broken. Filtering it by one character works properly, but if you attempt to filter it by two or more characters (say, to find a conversation/public RP), then it acts as if it wasn't filtered at all, returning every message said by every person for the specified date/room.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cosm » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Add me as one more that wants to see the character search fixed more than anything else. It will actually work just by typing &action=name at the end of the URL of a page that shows nothing. That's literally all that has to change, this shouldn't take any effort to fix.
Cosm
New to the forum

Postby Herc1995 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:10 pm

I'm not sure if this has been asked/talked about yet, but has anyone looked into the character search problems on the chat? When I go searching the character database (Either via keywords or kinks) I get a list of profiles, but when I click to go to the next page, it is either blank (despite there being several more pages to look at), or it swaps me over to a page with EVERY profile listed on it, and still doesnt let me progress to the next page.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Herc1995
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:05 am

Ive noticed something. when you search something based on pref, the pred/prey column seems inversed, which is quite confusing.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jswrighting » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:53 am

Herc1995 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been asked/talked about yet, but has anyone looked into the character search problems on the chat? When I go searching the character database (Either via keywords or kinks) I get a list of profiles, but when I click to go to the next page, it is either blank (despite there being several more pages to look at), or it swaps me over to a page with EVERY profile listed on it, and still doesnt let me progress to the next page.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

yeah this is a bug with the site, but I found a workaround.
just add: &page=pagenumber
to the end of the URL after searching the first page.
its annoying but it works
-------------
W O O
-------------
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Postby Teruyo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:18 pm

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but multiple page character searches has been broken for over two full weeks now. There are workarounds, sure, but they are annoying to use. Character search worked perfectly fine when new chat launched, it only broke after the new features were added.

Group Chats do not appear to have a sound notification. It would be nice to have.

Minor thing: When viewing the Temp "All" List, characters with names that start with a lower-case letter are listed at the end, instead of where they normally should be in an alphabetical list. Not a very high priority fix, but it is technically wrong. Example picture.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rumor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Teruyo wrote:I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but multiple page character searches has been broken for over two full weeks now. There are workarounds, sure, but they are annoying to use. Character search worked perfectly fine when new chat launched, it only broke after the new features were added.

Not to mini-mod or anything, but it's very possible that it may not be a simple bug to fix. Like, fixing the bug might be breaking something more important, rolling back might cause more damage, like undoing people's profiles, the code around the character search might not be particularly clean, thus making it difficult to find the problem to begin with, and so on and so forth. Plus I imagine they have Real Life™ to tend to, especially since they probably aren't getting paid full time wages to fix the site's code.

Just relax. Yes, it's annoying the feature isn't functioning properly, but you've made sure that they're very well aware of the issue and I'm sure they're working on it.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Teruyo » Fri May 27, 2016 8:06 pm

We are over 6 weeks into Character Search being broken. The buttons to navigate between different pages of results for searching character names have the wrong URLs attached to them. Manually entering the correct URL works properly, just not in-page navigation. Example 1 where I manually entered the page URL and Example 2 where I tried to click the button for page 1919. Navigation worked properly until the Preference search for active characters was implemented.

Searching the public logs mostly works, but if you attempt to filter results by more than one character, it acts as if there's no filter and displays all messages for the given room and date. Example.

The My Summary feature is neat, however if you enter more characters than will fit in the small box on the All Characters List, it just cuts off mid-sentence. Example. Consider adding a character limit or a scroll bar to them.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Teruyo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:53 am

While we cannot access the Mod Board without mod powers, we can see when people are in it in the All User list. Example. This might be intended, though, so we can contact mods that are in there.

In old chat, you got a notification on your Messages page on the main site whenever you got a PUB, but this feature is missing in new chat. I would like to see it back, even though being able to check PUB messages on any character (instead of just the character that got the PUB) helps mitigate the problem somewhat. After the other issues are fixed, though, this is probably my lowest-priority request.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CloningBacon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 am

I'd really like the player list to once again be organized by login times. Not only is it easier to find friends that way, but it's kind of fun to see if you can make it all the way to the top.
CloningBacon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Search is still broken. Can we get the sort by login date or excluding offline users functions back? I never heard any resolution on that.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby AnotherAnon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:32 am

I think it would be nice to have an actual changelog of the chat on the forum that's constantly updated. We have a list of things that are "to do", but from reading through it I think some of them have been done. It would be nice to see that progress is still being made on the chat, what feature/fix is being focused on at the time, updates on the progress of other features/fixes.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby kernac » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:09 am

Alright, so I've just started editing a character for the very first time since the change... Everything works fine except one thing: I can't save my preferences! I edit my preference and then I click the save button but it doesn't save, if I close the tab it goes back to how it was previously and the change I make don't appear on my profile. I'm not seeing how I could be clicking the wrong button, there's only one save button on the page.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby Justsomeone » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Just curious. I know that the chat doesn't work on iOS, but does it work on android operating systems?
Justsomeone
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rumor » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am

Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but if you use the classic chat ping from old chat for whispers, it only sounds correct the first time it plays in a log-in session. After that, it loses a lot of its volume for all subsequent whispers. Firefox on Windows 10, if it matters.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlluringPredation » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Justsomeone wrote:Just curious. I know that the chat doesn't work on iOS, but does it work on android operating systems?

Works just fine on my phone, except since the screen resolution is so low the box to show where you're directing you message (To general chat or someone in particular) is poof. Resulting in miswhispers for myself. Have to refresh chat every time I want to direct a message to say the OOC.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:51 am

Search is still broken. Also, my iPhone doesn't load it right no matter what browser I use. :(
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby Herc1995 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:53 pm

Please work on the search, guys :(
Herc1995
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zygrograxgra » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:01 am

The ability to mute people across all your characters would be a godsend.
Zygrograxgra
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnotherAnon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:19 pm

7 months down the line and still no word on further progress on the stuff in the to-do list.

Eka and Leshana, want to give us an update?
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Our chat room