Help changing pre-coded text in buttons (and other tricks?)

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Help changing pre-coded text in buttons (and other tricks?)

Postby Vidofinir » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 am

Hey all. I've recently been trying to get into making better profiles on the chat room, and seeing some of the amazing things people have done with theirs, wondered if anyone might be able to help with something I'm looking to do, but am not entirely sure is possible.

On the preferences at the bottom of the profile, does anyone know if there's a way to change the 'As Pred' and 'As Prey' buttons to read something different? My idea is to have a pair of characters, both being predators, and use the two sides of the preferences to read 'Character X' and 'Character Y' without having to do a tacky workaround like saying "pretend 'Pred' = Character X and 'Prey' = Y". Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, could someone please paste the required code? Thanks!

Aaaaand, just while I'm thinking of it, seeing as a lot of people have done a lot of interesting things to their profiles, wouldn't it be a good idea to compile some of the more common profile elements in a 'how to' guide? Short of things people would like to keep to themselves for an aesthetic edge, a lot of more common code could greatly benefit the community if anyone would be willing to share. I know clickable spoiler buttons are a popular one, and up until the chat update, custom preferences were also hard to add. If we had a reference guide for such things, might help those of us (like me) that don't know a darn thing about modern web design and code. Ultimately might be something best left for another topic another time, but curious if anyone would share, or if anything like this already exists and I've just missed it.

But the latter detour aside, any help figuring out how to re-word those buttons would be awesome, thanks! <3
Vidofinir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Help changing pre-coded text in buttons (and other trick

Postby Jswrighting » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:18 am

I would suggest you use HTML5 Tabs to separate parts of your profile into different sections rather than using the standard buttons, built into the profile. From what i've gathered it shouldn't be too difficult but will make structuring your profile more difficult, you definitely want to use a good HTML editor to do it.
-------------
W O O
-------------
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vidofinir » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Jswrighting wrote:I would suggest you use HTML5 Tabs to separate parts of your profile into different sections rather than using the standard buttons, built into the profile. From what i've gathered it shouldn't be too difficult but will make structuring your profile more difficult, you definitely want to use a good HTML editor to do it.

Good point, an HTML editor would probably do most of the work. I just don't want to put aside the preference bars at the bottom, since they seem to be what most people gravitate toward immediately. It's just that the buttons for them to determine the pred/prey side of things seem unrenameable, which is a shame.

That being said, for the rest, probably would be just as well to use an editor and paste the result into the profile. Thanks! :3
Vidofinir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maleperduis » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:17 pm

In the JavaScript box, add:

$(document).ready(function() {
$("#pref-show-pred").text("Character X");
$("#pref-show-prey").text("Character Y");
});
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile