Sad Anniversary

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re: Sad Anniversary

Postby AzurePheonix » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:14 am

MrNobody wrote:I wonder why so few people have used the world he created, Isharia, as story settings.
I mean, "The Long Way Home" was friggin' awesome as hell! That world is just ripe for storytelling, and sits unused. Just so much wasted potential...

Well, using a dead person's lore to create your own stories would be just plain distasteful. It's almost like robbing that person's grave by stealing their ideas.
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:22 am

I disagree with that statement 100%.

Every communication i witnessed or had with Duamutef suggested that he viewed his contributions as being free, as in liberated. More to the point, his view on intellectual property was that publicly shared information was implicitly free (his views on the subject were complicated so that is a simplification). And as he had many friends in this community, I doubt he would object to others using his universe (he encouraged it in life).
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MrNobody » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Shame nobody with talent has taken a crack at it aside from sansuki. Looking back, it was almost like a tribute/epilogue to Duam's Ishara.
MrNobody
New to the forum

Postby Winny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Yes hello, I've written a series called "Keys" based on the Ishara universe. That's novel length, so no Sansuki isn't the only one that has done this. And it's still currently ongoing, even if updates are sporadic. But Ishara is still around.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PINGASsien » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:28 pm

R. I. P. Eka's user of the past. :(
I'm a huge PIGASsien, I'm a PINGASpeaker, but I hate PINGASvore. PINGAS must be used only to make the girls' bellies BIG, full of PINGAS juice.
PINGASsien
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Duamutef's Dimension