Need input on a story idea!

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Need input on a story idea!

Postby Simrobert2001 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:11 pm

allright, guys, i just had an idea from an rp.

An isharan Vore world involving members of the justice league. I've already created several profiles along this line:
http://rp.aryion.com/fullinfo.php?nick=catwoman
http://rp.aryion.com/fullinfo.php?nick=Power_Girl

Notice how i took DC's characters and gave them origins relating to the duamutef universe. I was going to do this for several people, and make them into a story arch in a victorian-ish era ishtara.

now i was going to make several villains for this, such as giganta, Cheetah, an Evil Supergirl, among others.

what do you guys think? Think it holds promise? here's the line up i have so far:

Heroines:
Heroines:
Wonder Woman: Iron Belly clan
Power Girl: Meicki clan
Vixen: Beastvine clan
Hawkgirl: FIrebelly Clan
Zantanna: Maizer Clan
Black Canary: Velvet Flower
Star Girl: Whitefeather

VIllians:
Evil Supergirl: Gurglemeister
Poison Ivy: Dryad
Giganta: Giantess
Cheetah: DemiGirl

Opportunist:
Catwoman: Black Cresent

Now, the heroines are self explanatory, as are the villianesses: The opportunists, however, are people who steal one moment, but save the world in another because it was in their best interest. They're in it for the money, and nothing more. All of them are just super powered females of their clan, through both enchantment, in addition to natural strength. I'm looking for suggestions and feed back. so far, i just have a story outline with a group of villianesses who terrorize towns, and the heroines join up as a justice league to stop them. From this story line i can do several one time spin offs, and a main storyline. what i need is feedback on the setting, and on ideas. Would a modern ishara be better, or the current medieval one? Send me your thoughts.
I am the daughter of the song of the smiths of arrows. I am the woman who explores. I am the sisters of the same mind. I am the actress, the blackguard, and the hero. I am the woman with a gun.
I am Simrobert2001
Simrobert2001
???

Re: Need input on a story idea!

Postby Voreavon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Hmm, I'm gonna have to watch this space.
Yours Lord Voreavon.
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Simrobert2001 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:33 pm

Sound interesting does it?

tell me, what soudns better, an ishara identical to todays world, or an ishra set in the knimves and spears time of the various games?
I am the daughter of the song of the smiths of arrows. I am the woman who explores. I am the sisters of the same mind. I am the actress, the blackguard, and the hero. I am the woman with a gun.
I am Simrobert2001
Simrobert2001
???

Postby Duamutef » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:21 am

Well, if it helps any, Ishara's "setting" as far as modern/midieval/fantasy/futuristic is actually "mutt." It has people carving spears and charms out of stones and it has star-faring battlecruisers with jump drives, and half the time they're on the same planet. (In fact, the next chapter of Shells takes place in a space port...)

So technically the question is moot; you can (and would) have both. The technology a person has available to them is largely a matter of who they know or what they know (ergo what they can buy or what they can build). Technology is not ubiquitous simply because magic can easily take it's place, so some cultures rely on one, some rely on the other, some do a little of both depending on what they're doing. The cultures that are smart enough to combine them for maximum effect are the same cultures that tend to spend so much time thinking and inventing that they never learn how to fight, and they can be stomped and swallowed by giantesses just as easily as everyone else, so it all evens out in the end.

Extremely powerful technologies are as rare as extremely powerful magics (or as common, depending on how you look at it); you might have one suit of totally awesome Iron-Man power armor on a planet and you might have one Masamune, but most people are going to have swords with minor enchantments or hunting rifles. Due to the way Isharans handle damage to their bodies, a gun doesn't necessarily do any more damage than a throwing knife or an arrow--it's just a lot easier to hit someone with and shoots a lot faster. (And would be better at piercing armor.) But if you don't have a rifle, you can still throw fireballs at the person who does.

As far as settings, most planets have some backwards, primitive villages, some simple or midieval villages, some that resemble victorian-era or romanic cities (not necessarily in architecture, but in sophistication, with magic added to make their lifestyles more cushy and compensate for the hostile environment), and--if they have any tech-centric factions--some that resemble industrial-age or modern cities (handling cush-factor and defense with tech instead of, or in addition to, magic). Some planets have cities that are futuristic or high magic (floating towers of magical crystal and that jargon), and some planets are predominated by one type rather than a mix. Some go considerably beyond what is normal in one area or another--it's not impossible to encounter a planet with a fleet of flying anime mechs of death or armies of elementals. So you can pretty much do whatever you want.
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Simrobert2001 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:21 am

Thanks daum.

By the way, are you liking this idea?
I am Simrobert2001
Simrobert2001
???

Postby Duamutef » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 am

Of course. I love everything that has my name attached to it.

Well, there was that time somebody wanted to name a line of Hitler-related merchandise after me. That wasn't quite as cool.

But still!
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Simrobert2001 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 am

Heh. but controversial items will often sell MILLIONS.

anyway, let me know if you have any ideas for it.
I am Simrobert2001
Simrobert2001
???

Postby Simrobert2001 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:45 am

allright, guys, after a LONG hiatus, i'm finally starting to work on the story again. if you have any ideas, i'd like to hear it.
I am Simrobert2001
Simrobert2001
???

Return to Duamutef's Dimension