VRPG Conversation Rewrite

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

VRPG Conversation Rewrite

Postby shadownaga » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Hello everyone!

I am embarking on a huge project, I think I can talk for everyone when I say this is one of the best vore games created, but after the first 200 play through ;-) it can get a bit boring. I wish to rewrite it all and not just have oral vore, but all the others if I can, I know I can never match up to the greatness of Duamutef. I wonder if anyone has any ideas or wants me to do something to certain characters you talk too, I have a few ideas of my own but it would be nice to make this more of a community rewrite :-D

Many thanks peeps
Ruby :-3
I'm a very sexy and sometimes hungry Naga, call me Shadow Naga... but recently some call me Ruby ;-D X

Follow me and my work: http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33621
shadownaga
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: VRPG Conversation Rewrite

Postby Erecant » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Sounds exciting! I look forward to progress on this front.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:26 pm

How are you intending to do this?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 pm

talk to massivei suggest. lasi checked he was gonig a lot of work with the VRPG engine
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Back when I first played VRPG, I wrote a whole mess of dialogue options for Jeritia that I never shared with anybody. Most of them were just asking her to digest you at various points in her convo tree, but they all had slightly different outcomes. Unfortunately, it's gone now. It must've been on my external hard drive when it bricked.
Now, I'd never ask you to do the exact same thing that I did, but I still think Jeritia's an interesting character, and I think it'd be cool for you to expand on her a bit.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:11 pm

well maybe your knowledge can help him do it
NekoYuki
???

Postby sansuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm

There's a pretty massive conversation and game overhaul out there from... crap, I forget who. Added lose-digest options to almost everyone, and an entire long new endgame branching conversation battle. Start looking at that; it alsothrew in some unbirth and even breast vore.
sansuki
---

Postby Aickavon12 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:11 pm

I can't seem to ever get that working :( everytime I hit 'run' it just fizzles, and dissappears! I wish I could play that but nothing ever seems to help v.v... there was this one really complex solution but it scares me to try it without any proper walkthrough or knowledge of it >.>'

I wouldn't mind just the original vore itself being posted down somewhere! THis however sounds like a very interesting topic.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:28 pm

well anyone can edit conversations.

i belive there's a txt file labled "Dialog" whever you unpacked VRPG
NekoYuki
???

Postby sansuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:41 pm

NekoYuki wrote:well anyone can edit conversations.

i belive there's a txt file labled "Dialog" whever you unpacked VRPG

It's just conversations.txt :)
sansuki
---

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:28 pm

right. right. and it contains script for ever convo in the game
NekoYuki
???

Postby Throku » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:10 pm

sansuki wrote:There's a pretty massive conversation and game overhaul out there from... crap, I forget who. Added lose-digest options to almost everyone, and an entire long new endgame branching conversation battle. Start looking at that; it alsothrew in some unbirth and even breast vore.

Two people so far that I know. Me and Erecant. I made one mod pretty soon after Duam got the game in working order, don't remember how soon that was, but more importantly I built on that mod and released a 2.0 version that was significantly more fleshed out. It's fairly expansive at least doubling the conversation in the game. It's this one Erecant continued on and he's the one adding the breast vore, unbirth and alternate ending. (Via a reoccurring character that he's added.) Unfortunately his and my preferences doesn't quite align so he has disabled a bit of my conversation in the process, but most is still in there.
I started on a 3.0 version, but it got seriously shelved when new windows updates kept making the game unplayable. In my second changes (as I called them) I added a new map and in the third I had intended for there to be about another twenty new maps, I've made most of them but I have yet to populate them properly, quite a task seeing as most of them were town/village kind of maps.

The mods including my unfinished stuff is in this thread: http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14730

I think that thread might answer quite a few other questions you might have if you want to mod the conversations in the game and add/change other things as well.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Throku » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:16 pm

NekoYuki wrote:right. right. and it contains script for ever convo in the game

Possibly if you use Erecant's or my mod as I managed to unravel a couple of new trix like map teleportation and some spawn thing I think and managed to clear up the whole getting items from NPCs as well that wasn't in the original guide. Do note that the conversations.txt is quite tied to whatever map the character you are talking with is on, so having a look in whatever map.txt can be quite fun and once you figure that out (most stuff is at the top of VRPGdata.txt which is the hometown map.txt) you can ad new characters and alter graphics and other fun stuff.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby shadownaga » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi guys, I have been typing hard since this post and have made a little snippet for you guys to play with, its a patch you have to cut and put on the conversation file. Hope you guys enjoy ^_^ x
Attachments
Likaysha Taster Patch.txt
(11.1 KiB) Downloaded 1169 times
I'm a very sexy and sometimes hungry Naga, call me Shadow Naga... but recently some call me Ruby ;-D X

Follow me and my work: http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33621
shadownaga
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby massive27 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi there,
As said by NekoYuki I work directly with the game engine. Currently you may use the EATME and DIGESTTO command within a conversation to get the char swallowed and further digested, but it will use the generic sound; text message and ends up with a pile of poo.

I can add the support for new command for the other "ways", also with various finishes (like no poo, another message than "you've been utterly digested", etc). Those commands wont be recognized by the original game, so it depends on which game version you want to add a conversation mod.
Don't get fooled, I'm the croc in my avatar >)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 pm

@shadownaga That's a good start, Erecant also used that character to introduce unbirthing (is there something about her?). I didn't find any broken bits in there either and that's really good, I usually have to go over and actually playtest my stuff several times before I get the funky bits out. The only odd bit here is that you're still in her womb when you return to the game, but then again you state that the girl isn't quite finished.

@massive27 can you elaborate on that, it'd be really easy to just use the "replace all xxx with yyy" command here and voilá it'd work in the new exe, right?

-I was bugging Duam from day one for a variable degree of poopification, hence, as some might have noticed, my usage of the numbers 5 through 9, eventhough they do the exact same thing as number 4, that is poopification. My idea was 4 great pile of poop -> 5 lesser pile of poop -> 8 little turd -> perhaps a fart, or no poopishness at all. (or perhaps 0 should stand for zero poop?)

-shadownaga's snippet above also put another thing into my head when one uses the eatme command the NPC ends up in your stomach, but there's no command to do the same thing with the character, the digest to just implies and does damage, producing the results, but the character never ends up inside the NPC.

-Another thing that I would really like is local map teleportation. I managed to figure out how to teleport the character via conversation to another map (and anywhere on it), but the game doesn't accept that command or any variation of it for teleportation of the character onto the same map, which at times would be really helpful.

-The same thing goes for NPCs, they are map objects, it would be nice to be able via the conversations to specify new map locations for them. (naturally on the same map as they are locked to that map) That way when the conversation says a character runs away she really is 10,20, or perhaps 50 tiles away from you when the conversation is over.

- Item placement is another thing that would be nice, so that one character can call upon another that you previously wasn't able to talk to. Or perhaps she's just calling on some guards so that if you try something funky there will be a handful of guards really close by seeing your deed. (The objects are specified in the map txt, but it would be nice to be able to replicate the "place object" command... haven't tinkered with it though...)
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby massive27 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Throku wrote:@massive27 can you elaborate on that, it'd be really easy to just use the "replace all xxx with yyy" command here and voilá it'd work in the new exe, right?

I simply was concerned by the other way : step 1i tunes the new exe to have more compatible command like the poopiness or actual character-in-npc . step 2 you do a convo using those commands, step 3 you wanna play the legacy game with you new convo, step 4 it crashes :D
Don't get fooled, I'm the croc in my avatar >)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 pm

I never really got that, what's the choices here the legacy game and what? Difference is what?

I think most people are just looking for a game that works and that has the most bells a whistles possible and the most contents.
You might have noticed that I placed "a game that works" first, hence I'm sorry to say I'm not using your latest version, since the thread about it says that it's gotten all kinds of funky. :/
Throku
May I take your order?

Return to Duamutef's Dimension