Total votes : 68

Re:

Postby sampson » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:41 am

i really cant get the file to the game is there any other way to get it ?? :S
sampson
Schadenfreude ... Just Google it

Re:

Postby taito » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:38 am

Yeah I don't like the gigeshare bullshit either...but its the only way I could upload a file that big. You have to sit at one screen for 30 seconds...then the second one for another 8. But after all that and your back to kinda where ya started. there is a link towards the bottom that will actually let you download it. If people still can't get it you can always email me and I can send you a dvd in the mail. I was trying to cut my costs on this by doing the downloading thing. Anyway if you need to get a hold of me my email is [email protected]
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re:

Postby Axora » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:35 pm

taito wrote:ok ya'll got the link. Now as a reminder, gigeshare makes you go through about a billion screens before you get to the download so just be patient. I zipped the game so its only a little over 700 megs. make sure to unzip it once the download is done. Let me know if there are any problems. Thanks.

http://www.gigeshare.com/preview/87cna5 ... n2f855fd7/

alright I was wondering
Ahh! Communism, my favorite technology-Abraham Lincoln, Civilization Revolution
Axora
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Baz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Please, for the love of God Taito...please move it to a different free download server! Any one of them, coz Gigeshare set my spyware alert and virus checkers off loads of times >.<
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Re:

Postby taito » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:23 pm

ok ok. I'll to post it somewhere else. I may be able to do that later tonight.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re:

Postby Baz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks Taito it's appreciated!
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Re:

Postby Reiko » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm

Wooof I cant get it, i try to use the continuation link but it just sends me to iupload my own files *Pouts*
Reiko
---

Re:

Postby Dekkard » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:21 pm

does anyone know how to get this game to run again? for me it seems to have stopped working.
Dekkard
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby taito » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:01 pm

whatcha mean run again? ^_^ What seems to be wrong? find the hamburger. click on that.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re:

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:11 pm

taito out of curiosity was there ever a thread about this game? For me it just sort of appeared out of the blue.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby taito » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:20 pm

To tell ya the truth Aleph-Null there were many many forums about this game but many people just kinda blew me off. I think the game has been out for a good year and a half. At several points I talked about it to raise interest. I mean its not like I ever charged anyone for the game or even the shipping...even when i shipped it out of country and it cost me 6 bucks a pop or more. I guess I just want people to remember me. And in my opinion, Itoshi Kokoro is my greatest achievement. I just want people to enjoy it. ^_^ i wouldnt have spent 3 years on it otherwise.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Hi!

Postby Deathworks » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:02 am

Hi!

While I mentioned it in the other thread where people stuck in the game asked, I want to say it here again.

After getting my hands on it via that Gigashare (I had to switch to IE as firefox didn't like them), I am currently playing it (I am just about to cross the river of fire, as soon as I have levelled up).

My personal opinion is that it is awesome. You have spent a lot of work on it, obviously, adding a lot of details. I especially like the following:

* It is a proper RPG world, with all the little comments of the characters around.
* Linked to this, having not everyone talk about "eat", "eat", "eat" all the time really makes the world much more interesting and better (sorry, but I am actually looking at some comparable games there (^_^;; ).
* Parodies of RPG games and Japanese culture are abundant (although I don't like the original, the EggDestroyer makes me laugh).
* Having an easy mode is something I am also always grateful for
* Your generous usage of original graphics and animations is just amazing
* Some of the riddles are very nice
* There is a lot of diversity, although the player is not forced too much to make use of it (I am thinking of the monster balls, for instance).

As for criticism, there are only a few things I didn't like, some of which is just a matter of my personal taste. In the end, however, I find that this game is really fabulous, so if this was your greatest achievement ever, you can and should walk tall, because that is a really good greatest achievement.

* Obscure riddles. There are several riddles that are just obscure without any hints at all. Personally, I would really recommend to have some hint for the web riddle in the slime dungeon (maybe someone saying something general in the town which can get you on the track), since this is so early in the game it may discourage players before they really got into the story, which would be a pity.
* (This one is just a matter of personal taste, so don't take it to heart) The bombman mini game on Tempest Island. This is just my personal thing, but I am not that much of an action gamer. Therefore, I had a very, very hard time finishing that mini game. I eventually did, so it is alright, but it was rather unpleasant at the time.

Well, that's all I can say right now. It is a great game, I really like it, and so I will be off to continue playing and hopefully finishing it.

Considering that this is actually a thread for Duamutef, my comment in that direction would be a recommendation to have a look at Taito's game since it is really great as far as atmosphere and the things that get the player involved are concerned and I think it can be a very good role-model.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re:

Postby deleteduser206 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:17 am

Reiko wrote:Wooof I cant get it, i try to use the continuation link but it just sends me to iupload my own files *Pouts*

me tooo
deleteduser206

Trouble

Postby Deathworks » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:25 am

Hi!

What browser are you using? Do you have another?

I usually use Mozilla (not Firefox, that's what I have on my private machine), but that won't get me that link. So I switched to Internet Explorer and then I got things to work after one or two tries (first it didn't load the page correctly) (^_^;;

Edit: Actually, that page itself seems a bit unstable, so trying a few times may even solve the problem (I remember coming across the upload thing, but I think it was under Mozilla, but I am not 100% sure, sorry).

You really need to be horribly patient with their adds and search carefully for those links.

Good luck, that game is really worth fighting through that xxxxx site.

Ah, I forgot one more thing: Taito: Thank you for sharing this wonderful game with us.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Trouble

Postby taito » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:04 am

Thank you soo much for the comments Deathworks. It makes it all worth while. ^_^ You are very right in your critisizms too. Especially about the action part. There is a part late in the game that makes you do a big action part and one of my close friends had a really hard time with it cause he is strictly an rpg player not an action player. So i will appoligize for that. lol. I want to appoligize to Duamutef for stealing this forum. I saw the opportunity to tell people about my game and i took it. ~_~
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re:

Postby Dekkard » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 am

taito wrote:whatcha mean run again? ^_^ What seems to be wrong? find the hamburger. click on that.

it keeps giving me this runtime error message every time I try to run the game, it's worked before but I don't know what's wrong with it now

=(
Dekkard
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby taito » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Hmm. Maybe try extracting all the map and other files...excluding the folders..and overwrite them. Never had that happen. Does it do it right after you click on the hamburger or after you try to load your game?
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re:

Postby Duamutef » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Considering that this is actually a thread for Duamutef, my comment in that direction would be a recommendation to have a look at Taito's game since it is really great as far as atmosphere and the things that get the player involved are concerned and I think it can be a very good role-model.

Heh...yeah, Ishara didn't even exist as a formal universe until *after* VRPG 1 came out. VRPG was made when the universe was still rooted firmly in the "Silly bullshit" stage. In fact, VRPG wasn't based on Ishara so much as Ishara was based on VRPG. (Hence the whole "Monsters explode when they die" thing, and other such oddities--Ishara behaves in many ways like a video game)

I did think the conversation engine was pretty cool, even if it was rather single-mindedly vorish...(I seem to have the opposite problem now. Shells is becoming less and less of a vore story as time goes on.)

I want to appoligize to Duamutef for stealing this forum. I saw the opportunity to tell people about my game and i took it. ~_~

No no, it's all good. You deserve just as much glory as I do. God knows my work has hijacked enough threads, and this gave me the opportunity to play the game myself.

By the way, so long as I'm posting, how do you get past the lever puzzle in the underwater place thingy? I tried making the levers match the seaweed and that didn't work, and I can't think of anything else.
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Number-2 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:56 pm

Ah yes, Taito's game pops up in the forums. I heard about it on the HHH yahoo group and have had it since he shipped out the DVDs. I still play it a decent amount as it is a very awesome game.

I agree with Deathworks on the riddle parts...had to email Taito quite a bit for answers. However, the answers are usually fairly obvious just there is a lack of clues sometimes.

I really like it because of how big it actually is. There are many towns, dungeons, enemies, spells, skills, etc. It boggles my mind to think of how long creating all the graphics and animations would take 8O I attempted to make an RPG w/ RPM Maker and it didn't take long to give up. Props to you Taito for sticking with it to the end. I recommend the game to all :D
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Winny » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Uhm... Hotmail system isnt compadable with the emailer on Duam's site soo.. I thought id post here. But it would seem his dler for VRPG is uhm... no longer working it stops at 2% and doesent budge.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension