alien thingy vs a future female human hooker

Soft vore uploads goes here
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

alien thingy vs a future female human hooker

Postby Eka » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:35 pm

Eka
Administrator

Postby VoreFriend » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:05 pm

This is a violation of copyright laws. This is from the artist's pay site.
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:28 pm

Really 8O

And they didn't even care to put a link to the original artist's site?
Eka
Administrator

Postby Inferno » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:04 pm

Well, not to rain on the parade, but as far as I know there are no copyright laws protecting media of any type displayed and distributed through the internet. Though the use of officially copyright material is prohibited (such as registered trademarks) without proper due given, and are subject to removal if the owner of said material objects. To put it in short, it's not illegal until the owner complains. Though it is considered bad conduct to just jack people's stuff without at the very least sayign where it came from.
....and that's how I got crabs...again.
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:07 pm

Inferno wrote:Well, not to rain on the parade, but as far as I know there are no copyright laws protecting media of any type displayed and distributed through the internet. Though the use of officially copyright material is prohibited (such as registered trademarks) without proper due given, and are subject to removal if the owner of said material objects. To put it in short, it's not illegal until the owner complains. Though it is considered bad conduct to just jack people's stuff without at the very least sayign where it came from.

So I could just post a few Hollywood movies on a website... I dont think so.

Postby Inferno » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:19 pm

Actually yes and no. You see those movies arent originally being distributed over the internet (like these pcitures were, just on a pay site) thus there are under the protection of a United States registered copyright. No you can't distribute a hollywood movie over the net HOWEVER it is not illegal to download one. It's only illegal to let people download from you (it's easier to catch I guess).

I also just realized you may believe I approve of this, but I don't. I'm just pointing out the technicalities of the situation.
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby CynicallyOptimistic » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:47 am

Well you know with the grin on your avatar's face you DO seem pretty evil. Although not really lawyer take-advantage-of-loopholes-to-further-my-evil-dominion evil. I apologize to any lawyers I may have offended. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME LAWYERS!!
CynicallyOptimistic
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoreFriend » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:32 am

Inferno wrote:Actually yes and no. You see those movies arent originally being distributed over the internet (like these pcitures were, just on a pay site) thus there are under the protection of a United States registered copyright. No you can't distribute a hollywood movie over the net HOWEVER it is not illegal to download one. It's only illegal to let people download from you (it's easier to catch I guess).

I also just realized you may believe I approve of this, but I don't. I'm just pointing out the technicalities of the situation.

Can please you provide a link to back all this up?

Thanks
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Postby Inferno » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Nah, I'm feeling lazy. It's not like it REALLY matters though when you stop and think about it. Because he's going to keep doing it no matter what we do. (though finding a way of contacting PD would be a good suggestion).

As for my evil-lawyerness, i just went to an art/science/law high school so a lot of my friends went on to law school.
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFriend » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:38 pm

Inferno wrote:Nah, I'm feeling lazy. It's not like it REALLY matters though when you stop and think about it. Because he's going to keep doing it no matter what we do. (though finding a way of contacting PD would be a good suggestion).

Well, I think you have it mixed up is why I would like your source. I think you have mixed up the difference between civil and criminal law with what is legal and not legal. I think your are perceiving that since copyright law is a civil law that it is not illegal to infringe. You are right in that the holder of the copyright must take action against the violator but once they do, the violator can go to jail. The government can prosecute if it wants to but normally leave it up to the holder of the copyright. Breaking a civil law is a crime and you can be jailed for it, it is just the prosecution normally starts with a lawsuit by a private party and not with a police arrest as in criminal law.
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Postby Inferno » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pm

Well, you have a good point there, but I'd like to now turn everyone's attention back to that original topic where a hilarious argument seems to now be taking place. It's like the Jerry Springer pre-show over there. lol
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFriend » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:07 am

*throws a chair at Inferno* ;-P
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Postby tSade » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:34 am

Had to jump on the flame wagon. :) Actually, copyright law says the copyright owner has basically control over the distribution of the work. The copyright office has more information.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following: * To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;"

So, technically, the person distributing it is the one that gets in trouble. However, downloading or encouraging it is basically making it worse and giving acceptance to the asshole who stole private work (from the pay site) and gave it away free.

This creates very annoyed artists who get bitter (like the SexyFur person seemed to be) or they stop producing things. If people produce things to make a little money to cover the bills, then someone spreads it around immediatelly, then basically they can't get the income from it. And if they can't get the income or reward for it, they stop producing stuff that others enjoy. So, basically stealing now has the potential for destroying any new art in the future.

Now, in my case, my chosen profession is writing, which is rarely copied online because of various reasons (probably because it takes more work to read a BDSM or cann novel), but I'd still feel very betrayed, hurt, and upset if I found out someone did it.

Ignore the fact what they did was wrong, taking advantage of it may not be specifically illegal in the copyright act, is still taking advantage of something wrong, which makes it just as wrong.
tSade
New to the forum

Postby Mouse » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:23 am

I also write, but I don't get paid for it, and quite frankly, I don't want to. I would find it a bitter shame to get paid for material that is simply sexual and for kinks and what not. I do it as a side hobby when I sit down to write a vorish story... And furthermore I don't think I'm good enough to get paid for it yet...

If I ever got around to writing a novel though... and it got published... well first off I doubt anyone is gonna sit there and hand type up an entire novel and distribute it on the internet, but even if they did, I think I'd take that as a sign that people enjoy my work... and that I should continue to make more... Some people just get greedy on these facts, even though its being distributed on the internet, doesn't mean you'll never get paid again for that work.

Furthermore, we're complaining over smut artwork. I'd imagine it'd be a rather embarrassing hassle for the artist and the ones involved to have a huge lawsuit, not that it won't happen, but I just don't see why people get so worked up over this...

Leave it to the artist, if he wants it to be removed he'll send an e-mail to the person distributing the artwork to cease and decist or the proper action will be taken to make sure that he doesn't distribute it anymore...

As for myself, I don't nessicarily agree with taking pay site pictures and distributing them for free, but some artists even have a fit when you distribute pictures that you got off a free website... which makes even less sense to me... People just get fussy over simple things...
Mouse
Author

I HATE PAY

Postby Dr_Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:27 pm

I hate pay sites all they do is add another monthly bill that insted of coming in the mail comes in your e-mail I have had problems with pay sites in the past I say f um!!! any who thats my craazy thoughts by the way I am very close minded and will not read any post that have to do with this one!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dr_Gog
Somewhat familiar

Postby Inferno » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:12 pm

VoreFriend wrote:*throws a chair at Inferno* ;-P

OW! You bastard, I'll kill you! 8)

I did some looking into the rest of that site, and I have to say it breaks a few other laws as well, which means some moderators either need to get to cleaning it up, or the site might be in risk of being shut down if the right people find out what's been going on over there.
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFriend » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:01 pm

Inferno wrote:I did some looking into the rest of that site, and I have to say it breaks a few other laws as well, which means some moderators either need to get to cleaning it up, or the site might be in risk of being shut down if the right people find out what's been going on over there.

Would you _please_ start to back up what you say?

Btw, I found some files on your hard drive that the FBI would love to see...

Thanks!
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Postby Inferno » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:08 pm

DAMN YOU GEORGE BUSH!...wait..what was I talking about?
Inferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby Graphis » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:10 pm

Maybe we should start a mass mail campaign to PD and Chupacabra asking for more vore from PD
Graphis - ~~ Hungry, yet tasty gryphon! ~~
Graphis
Gryphoncakes

Postby VoreFriend » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Graphis wrote:Maybe we should start a mass mail campaign to PD and Chupacabra asking for more vore from PD

PD is working on new stuff, he posted some teasers around the end of October 05.
VoreFriend
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Softvore