Weak prey eating their powerful predator(s)

Soft vore uploads goes here
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Weak prey eating their powerful predator(s)

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 pm

This is a thing I'm not seeing as much as I'd expect in vore, but one of those ideas I find oddly appealing when done right. And by that I mean having detail and backstory added to the twist, to actually emphasize on it happening.

So let's talk vore where the most unexpected happens; A strong predator or group of predators captures or nearly defeats one or more defenseless prey(s), who now stand to be eaten. The prey awaits for their inevitable doom, while the pred cheers and prepares to eat them... neither of the two necessarily expects things to go any other way, in some cases not even the viewer. Then somehow a thing happens, and the predator loses their strength while the prey becomes overpowered. They both realize that the prey can now eat the pred, no longer is it the other way around. The initial prey ends up being the one who eats the initial pred, as they are shocked and humiliated knowing their own meal ended up gobbling them in the end!

I find this kind of role reversal most interesting when it involves apparently strong predators and seemingly weak prey, where no one is given reason to believe that the tables turning could possibly be an option. One fun example would be a predator species getting eaten by a prey species... say a fox gets ready to gobble up a rabbit, but the fox accidentally slips and gets swallowed by the bunny instead! For more story oriented scenarios, it would be intriguing to see a powerful group (ideally the bad guys) thinking they've won against their foe(s) yet as a surprise to everyone the defeated enemy ends up eating them all!

I'll start with the lovely submission that actually reminded me of this idea. It's not fully relevant to all of those scenarios, but one can easily see how it still relates:

Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Weak prey eating their powerful predator(s)

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:40 pm

I kid you not; Just one minute after posting this thread, I saw this comic pop up in my notifications. Guess I'll share it early and keep the examples going :D

Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby linthia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Love role reversal :3 !
linthia
Participator

Postby HeroSoulSword » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

I love situations like this, where the supposedly "inferior" one topples the "superior" one. About half of my ideas and work are based off of the "weak" besting the "strong", especially if said "strong" is known for near-perfect predatory dominance. While my ideas can vary, and I'm just as fond of a "stronger" pred proving their superiority to the "weaker" prey, I am still very fond of this kind of turnabout. After all, a "strong" pred should never assume that he/she is invincible, as all it takes is a bit of cunning or a cockily lowered guard to have the whole situation flipped around.
I apply Felix's law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."
HeroSoulSword
I can think of something else

Location: Doing something heroic... if I can find anything needing it

Postby taito » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 am

I totally get what your saying dude. Sometimes when something is like..."wait...that's wrong...that shouldn't be" it makes the whole experience more exciting. Like if my big strong pred Kelly got eaten by a little girl or something...
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby YoukaiChan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am

In all honesty, Role Reversal in vore is usually a major turnoff/pet peeve for me in vore. However, I am willing to make an exception if the outcome is M/F, since I will admit I do see it as a small victory for fans of male preds in a way. (I know I know, it's a petty reason. >v>)

Even though IMO, M/F Role Reversal is pretty niche, there are a few examples on here -
https://aryion.com/g4/view/339421
https://aryion.com/g4/view/350750
https://aryion.com/g4/view/215820

TBH would love to see more of it, or even make some myself (if i can execute it properly, lol)
The Incredible, Edible Catgirl is at your service!(Or...maybe not. D:)
YoukaiChan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: NOT being eaten by a dragon (*coughImeansomewhereinQuebec*)

Postby coop500 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:02 pm

This is sadly something I stay very, very far away from. It goes against a lot of what I like about vore and I had it forced upon me, or attempted anyway, in the chat way too much. No thank you.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby maleperduis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:11 pm

I feel like certain types of role reversal (particularly species-based) are actually so common in vore they're practically the default. For example, of the two main Zootopia characters, there are far more pictures of Judy as predator than Nick (and plenty more of other prey-species like Gazelle and I think some of Bellweather). It's kind of like classic cartoons- is it really "role reversal" when the mouse beats the cat? At some point it feels more like a reversal when the food chain isn't inverted.

It actually leads to a kind of reversal that I like but pretty much never see- where you set up what seems to be a classic role-reversal, then subvert it. Make it seem super obvious that the predator is going to be defeated by their would-be prey (that over-confident wolf going after the wide-hipped cow), have the prey start to get the upper hand... only for the predator to eventually, unexpectedly succeed.

YoukaiChan wrote:In all honesty, Role Reversal in vore is usually a major turnoff/pet peeve for me in vore. However, I am willing to make an exception if the outcome is M/F, since I will admit I do see it as a small victory for fans of male preds in a way. (I know I know, it's a petty reason. >v>)

Yeah, your Merhshark picture is probably my favourite example of role-reversal!
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HowManyMoreTimes » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:57 pm

This is a super interesting concept, but I'd have to say I prefer preds always be more powerful than their prey. Little things that are cute, cuddly, and shy are the best food for men who are strong, confident, and dauntingly big. At least for me! :roll:
Ultra Violet, Vibrating at High Frequency <3
HowManyMoreTimes
Been posting for a bit

Postby YoukaiChan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:04 pm

pseudo wrote:I feel like certain types of role reversal (particularly species-based) are actually so common in vore they're practically the default. For example, of the two main Zootopia characters, there are far more pictures of Judy as predator than Nick (and plenty more of other prey-species like Gazelle and I think some of Bellweather). It's kind of like classic cartoons- is it really "role reversal" when the mouse beats the cat? At some point it feels more like a reversal when the food chain isn't inverted.

It actually leads to a kind of reversal that I like but pretty much never see- where you set up what seems to be a classic role-reversal, then subvert it. Make it seem super obvious that the predator is going to be defeated by their would-be prey (that over-confident wolf going after the wide-hipped cow), have the prey start to get the upper hand... only for the predator to eventually, unexpectedly succeed.

THIS RIGHT HERE.
I would love to see stuff like this tbh. Or even do it myself if I knew how to execute it well.
((and thank you, btw <3))
The Incredible, Edible Catgirl is at your service!(Or...maybe not. D:)
YoukaiChan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: NOT being eaten by a dragon (*coughImeansomewhereinQuebec*)

Postby Artemis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:22 pm

The weak predator strong prey descriptor sure leaves a lot of important information up to the imagination. There's so much more to that dynamic than a stereotype or the weirdly furry-centric idea of a "prey species".

I find that I enjoy the idea of retribution in vore, where the predator has turned the tables on the prey in order to eat them and there's some poetic justice involved. That qualifies, but has nothing to do with the rest of this concept. I also enjoy the combination of sexist themes and then femdom to subvert those themes, which also qualifies but once again is an entirely different kink from what's being described here.

Seeing a "weak" character eat a "strong" character out of context does nothing for me. It's like, I'm lead to believe they're weak, but the first thing I know about them is they are the predator. Y'know? It misses me.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Krowley » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Role reversal's okay. It can be a little frustrating if you actually like the would-be pred that's getting the tables turned on them, though. Maybe that's just me.
Krowley
Been posting for a bit

Postby Filan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:40 pm

One fantasy itch I'd love to have scratched by someone sometime...

First off my story and image preferences focus mainly on male preds macro micro.

A kinda lanky goth who finds a shrinking device and starts getting back at the jocks/athletic types that always rag on his social group.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby maleperduis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:49 pm

YoukaiChan wrote:
pseudo wrote:I feel like certain types of role reversal (particularly species-based) are actually so common in vore they're practically the default. For example, of the two main Zootopia characters, there are far more pictures of Judy as predator than Nick (and plenty more of other prey-species like Gazelle and I think some of Bellweather). It's kind of like classic cartoons- is it really "role reversal" when the mouse beats the cat? At some point it feels more like a reversal when the food chain isn't inverted.

THIS RIGHT HERE.
I would love to see stuff like this tbh. Or even do it myself if I knew how to execute it well.
((and thank you, btw <3))

Judging by your art, I'm not sure you could execute it badly if you tried!

I think one way that has potential is for the art/story/whatever to lead you to think about the same physical and personality attributes in different ways. A lithe fox guy invades the chicken run, only to find that the head hencho is a lot bigger, curvier and more bawk-bawk-badass than expected. That's a classic setup for some not-really-role-reversal, right? But then it turns out that hen isn't intimidating and dominant, she's delectably plump and over-confident. And the fox? He's not scrawny- he's slinky!
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:31 pm

YoukaiChan wrote:In all honesty, Role Reversal in vore is usually a major turnoff/pet peeve for me in vore. However, I am willing to make an exception if the outcome is M/F, since I will admit I do see it as a small victory for fans of male preds in a way. (I know I know, it's a petty reason. >v>)

Yeah, your Merhshark picture is probably my favourite example of role-reversal!

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Sometimes people are too focused on being 'different' and breaking the 'norm' that their 'different' stuff BECOMES the norm.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Lorelei » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:31 am

I like the role reversal and unexpected turns in Vore-scenarios. Most of all, if no one would expect that the inferior Prey has even a breath of opportunity against his overpowering pred. Especially in the case of typical alpha hunters and creatures that are at the top of the food chain. For example a Dragon like devouring the Woman, instead the sweet girl devours him. Or it turns out that the initial female Prey is not weak (maybe she is even a goddess) and deliberately attracts men and monsters with their beautiful cute sweet appearance to subdue and devour them :gulp: . Alone the shock and stupid look of the dragon or the male Pred and of course the humiliation for him is simply hot.
What is also nice when the Pred loses its former forces and these pass over to the Prey and so the spit is turned over suddenly. The Pred can have electricity as a weakness and be hit by a lightning and thus overturn and the subdued Prey then gets Vore skills and devour then relentlessly the now helpless attacker. This theme is hot in many scenarios and variations, precisely because of humiliation and shock for the initially superior hunter.
Lorelei
Somewhat familiar

Return to Softvore