Animals digestion duration

Soft vore uploads goes here
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Animals digestion duration

Postby Thirasin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Hello I am new here.

If someone have to save a person for being digested by an animal or fantasy creature, what would be the duration? By duration I mean: days, hours, mins so on.

For e.g in The Brother Grimm, where horse swallowed a child. What is the duration for a horse to digest a human. And what happened in inside of the horse stomach.

I want to find out all animals digestions duration with its meal like: dragon, horse, anything that are related with animals and fantasy creatures.
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Re: Animals digestion duration

Postby truck » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:27 am

well that question as several different answers because it depends on the prey too. did that animal or creature eat a child? adult? multiples? just some other factors to consider. in the brothers grimm example, this horse didnt actually digest the child who was a girl but simply transported her inside its stomach to a location to where her youth and beauty was going to be sucked out of her and into an old witch or queen who wanted to remain immortal.
truck
Participator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:17 am

Realistically, they would suffocate in minutes long before they were digested.

But if oxygen could be had in the stomach and the predator didn't manage to kill its prey before swallowing it, it might take awhile. Take the example of snakes: they evolved to swallow creatures whole. Their stomachs and intestines start bulking up even before they ingest their prey, with blood flow doubling or even tripling the bulk of their gut to prepare to process their meal. In the few documented cases of humans being swallowed by a snake, the body is recovered mostly intact hours later, although covered with a dirty digestive gel.

For such predators taking such large prey, it is often a race between digesting it before it putrefies in the stomach and kills the predator, so typically it will have passed the meal to the intestines over the course of a week, sloughing it off layer by layer, with the bones the last to disintegrate and be passed. Even human digestive tracts, by far less efficient than a snake's, will digest bone—it has to to get it through the pyloric sphincter into the small intestine.

When it comes to fantasy creatures such as dragons, there is no "realistically". The answer to digestion time is: as long as the writer wants it to take. What is the need of the story? If it needs to be fast, make it fast. If it needs to be slow, make it slow. The author is in control.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thirasin » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 pm

truck wrote:well that question as several different answers because it depends on the prey too. did that animal or creature eat a child? adult? multiples? just some other factors to consider. in the brothers grimm example, this horse didnt actually digest the child who was a girl but simply transported her inside its stomach to a location to where her youth and beauty was going to be sucked out of her and into an old witch or queen who wanted to remain immortal.

Right, before the horse arrive to the destination, what does happened inside? And for sake imagination, since is only a fantasy, if had to avoid the location, what would happened next?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thirasin » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 pm

IvesBentonEaton wrote:Realistically, they would suffocate in minutes long before they were digested.

But if oxygen could be had in the stomach and the predator didn't manage to kill its prey before swallowing it, it might take awhile. Take the example of snakes: they evolved to swallow creatures whole. Their stomachs and intestines start bulking up even before they ingest their prey, with blood flow doubling or even tripling the bulk of their gut to prepare to process their meal. In the few documented cases of humans being swallowed by a snake, the body is recovered mostly intact hours later, although covered with a dirty digestive gel.

For such predators taking such large prey, it is often a race between digesting it before it putrefies in the stomach and kills the predator, so typically it will have passed the meal to the intestines over the course of a week, sloughing it off layer by layer, with the bones the last to disintegrate and be passed. Even human digestive tracts, by far less efficient than a snake's, will digest bone—it has to to get it through the pyloric sphincter into the small intestine.

When it comes to fantasy creatures such as dragons, there is no "realistically". The answer to digestion time is: as long as the writer wants it to take. What is the need of the story? If it needs to be fast, make it fast. If it needs to be slow, make it slow. The author is in control.

Of course dragons are just imaginative creature based on the snake. But their cousins the Dinosaurs like T-rex how would work? There is chance for someone to save someone ? What is the time limit to be save before the end?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Well…tyrannosauruses bite, so if the victim was alive, they might bleed out after being swallowed, assuming the bite didn't kill outright. However, at least in Dungeons and Dragons, they do get swallow whole attacks…
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thirasin » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:39 pm

IvesBentonEaton wrote:Well…tyrannosauruses bite, so if the victim was alive, they might bleed out after being swallowed, assuming the bite didn't kill outright. However, at least in Dungeons and Dragons, they do get swallow whole attacks…

I think men are much bigger, while females are much more smaller. The Tyrannosaurus are bigger, so since is in soft vore area, since get swallowed is still alive, what is the duration of the digestion?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 am

Unknown, and likely unknowable. The less a meal is chewed, the less surface area for digestion to work on, so the slower digestion would tend to be. Still, much longer than a week to pass from the stomach risks putrefaction, so…
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thirasin » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:06 am

IvesBentonEaton wrote:Unknown, and likely unknowable. The less a meal is chewed, the less surface area for digestion to work on, so the slower digestion would tend to be. Still, much longer than a week to pass from the stomach risks putrefaction, so…

Everytime I see a vore, I always wonder, what does happened inside like a first day or the moment was swallowed. I mean looking to movies or cartoon, sometimes comes the question, how much can resists. What is the max of the O2 would have a person inside stomach?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:39 am

The maximum oxygen typically available in the stomach is zero. One can't really swallow enough air for a swallowed creature to breathe. (Even those who do it to belch are not swallowing all that much air.) One would succumb to anoxia in minutes, long before any significant digestion could take place.

This is why I generally prefer fantasy settings for vore. With magic, one can get away with so much more. (So much more in vore! :D )
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Randomdude5 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 am

Thirasin wrote:Everytime I see a vore, I always wonder, what does happened inside like a first day or the moment was swallowed. I mean looking to movies or cartoon, sometimes comes the question, how much can resists. What is the max of the O2 would have a person inside stomach?

Randomness time: CO2 buildup in the body will kill someone faster than the lack of oxygen. When someone holds their breath that feeling of needing to breathe is from needing to expel CO2 and when they start to breathe again they usually exhale first. Enclosed/confined spaces aboard ships or in storage tanks large enough to get inside are dangerous because often the O2 has reacted with the iron in the steel walls to make rust and there is not enough oxygen in the atmosphere left for a human and people can become unconscious from lack of oxygen without feeling short of breath.
I don't really know how this applies to what you all are talking about, it just made me think of it.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby Thirasin » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:00 pm

IvesBentonEaton wrote:The maximum oxygen typically available in the stomach is zero. One can't really swallow enough air for a swallowed creature to breathe. (Even those who do it to belch are not swallowing all that much air.) One would succumb to anoxia in minutes, long before any significant digestion could take place.

This is why I generally prefer fantasy settings for vore. With magic, one can get away with so much more. (So much more in vore! :D )

Sounds interesting, if you don't have magic. Sometimes you rely on something. Also based the creature or animal. I asked before about the horse swallowed the girl. That Grimm Brothers movies in my mind everytime. Before arrived until to the queens sacrifice stones, what would happened inside?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thirasin » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Randomdude5 wrote:
Thirasin wrote:Everytime I see a vore, I always wonder, what does happened inside like a first day or the moment was swallowed. I mean looking to movies or cartoon, sometimes comes the question, how much can resists. What is the max of the O2 would have a person inside stomach?

Randomness time: CO2 buildup in the body will kill someone faster than the lack of oxygen. When someone holds their breath that feeling of needing to breathe is from needing to expel CO2 and when they start to breathe again they usually exhale first. Enclosed/confined spaces aboard ships or in storage tanks large enough to get inside are dangerous because often the O2 has reacted with the iron in the steel walls to make rust and there is not enough oxygen in the atmosphere left for a human and people can become unconscious from lack of oxygen without feeling short of breath.
I don't really know how this applies to what you all are talking about, it just made me think of it.

Yeah the gas exchanging. But also different animals. Whale is big mammal, snake is long. In fantasy movies dragons are big, for e.g the Anime Dragon who swallowed boy, for making the father to avenge him. How about the big spacious to have enough O2.

Yeah this topic, is not only I would ask, there also many people whom watch Anime or Movies, they sometimes would feel to save before the end. They feel like becoming the characters and to save it quickly. But meanwhile there something happened once is swallowed by animal or creature.
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redicicle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:19 am

Suffocation: this happens within minutes unless there is gas exchange or a very large stomach (room-sized).

Skin burns: hard to know. We do know that snakes take about a day to get their stomachs in gear and that it will takes their humanlike stomach pH about another day to mostly skeletonize prey much smaller than humans like a juvenile alligator. But we're interested in how long it takes to kill by digestion or cause mortal wounds, not how long it takes to dissolve the prey. My guess is that since mammal stomachs are always as acidic as snake stomachs are during digestion, that being in a mammal stomach for a few hours results in the skin being dissolved which would definitely prove fatal.

Owls regurgitate pellets 10-12 hours after eating, but that's usually quite a while after whole prey was digested in their relatively weak (for a bird) stomachs. So a few hours is still something small enough to end up as typical owl prey might actually be completely digested pretty quick. Single digit hours. Human sized prey probably would take a lot longer though they might be dead or mortally wounded within a few hours.

One note here: most birds have incredibly, incredibly strong stomach acid and many birds have been documented actually passing meals in under two hours, though it should be noted that these are things like grain, not a whole fish.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thirasin » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:05 am

Redicicle wrote:Suffocation: this happens within minutes unless there is gas exchange or a very large stomach (room-sized).

Skin burns: hard to know. We do know that snakes take about a day to get their stomachs in gear and that it will takes their humanlike stomach pH about another day to mostly skeletonize prey much smaller than humans like a juvenile alligator. But we're interested in how long it takes to kill by digestion or cause mortal wounds, not how long it takes to dissolve the prey. My guess is that since mammal stomachs are always as acidic as snake stomachs are during digestion, that being in a mammal stomach for a few hours results in the skin being dissolved which would definitely prove fatal.

Owls regurgitate pellets 10-12 hours after eating, but that's usually quite a while after whole prey was digested in their relatively weak (for a bird) stomachs. So a few hours is still something small enough to end up as typical owl prey might actually be completely digested pretty quick. Single digit hours. Human sized prey probably would take a lot longer though they might be dead or mortally wounded within a few hours.

One note here: most birds have incredibly, incredibly strong stomach acid and many birds have been documented actually passing meals in under two hours, though it should be noted that these are things like grain, not a whole fish.

Yeah, the birds have stones. Another animal which has dangerous stomach is hyena. I learned in University, they have strong acid. Each creature/animal has own system digestive with different reactions. The worst of them 4 chambers: cows, whale, camel, giraffe. I think sperm whale defeats all, only carnivore with 4 four chambers.
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redicicle » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:17 am

Thirasin wrote:
Redicicle wrote:Suffocation: this happens within minutes unless there is gas exchange or a very large stomach (room-sized).

Yeah, the birds have stones. Another animal which has dangerous stomach is hyena. I learned in University, they have strong acid. Each creature/animal has own system digestive with different reactions. The worst of them 4 chambers: cows, whale, camel, giraffe. I think sperm whale defeats all, only carnivore with 4 four chambers.

Spermwhale vore is fun. Also their forestomach is extremely powerful with a heavily keratinized skin and has both rocks and bladed squid beaks in it... Good luck lol.

I actually drew a spermwhale vore pic awhile back.

Warning, graphic digestion.
Spoiler: show
dd8lo86-7fae6f95-1a14-4461-b919-f7d744b6916a.png
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Redicicle » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:39 am

A few more interesting ones are anteaters and pufferfish. Neither is capable of producing stomach acid in their stomachs.

Pufferfish use theirs' to inflate, digesting food purely in their intestines instead.

Anteaters rely on the formic acid sprays and stings of ants to dissolve those ants and anything else in there. Meaning if an anteater somehow swallowed you, the only way you could possibly be digested is covered in ants.

Flies and spiders of course don't digest things in their stomach so much as digest things before swallowing them. Many venomous animals have venoms that include digestive juices to soften up their prey before it goes in.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thirasin » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:33 pm

Redicicle wrote:A few more interesting ones are anteaters and pufferfish. Neither is capable of producing stomach acid in their stomachs.

Pufferfish use theirs' to inflate, digesting food purely in their intestines instead.

Anteaters rely on the formic acid sprays and stings of ants to dissolve those ants and anything else in there. Meaning if an anteater somehow swallowed you, the only way you could possibly be digested is covered in ants.

Flies and spiders of course don't digest things in their stomach so much as digest things before swallowing them. Many venomous animals have venoms that include digestive juices to soften up their prey before it goes in.

Spiders and scorpions are more gruesome than those. Make things fluid and drink it. How they doing make fluid?

Where anteaters spray acid? Anteaters have long tongue.

Sorry late response, I had difficult times with work.
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thirasin » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:39 pm

Redicicle wrote:
Thirasin wrote:

Spermwhale vore is fun. Also their forestomach is extremely powerful with a heavily keratinized skin and has both rocks and bladed squid beaks in it... Good luck lol.

I actually drew a spermwhale vore pic awhile back.

Warning, graphic digestion.
Spoiler: show
dd8lo86-7fae6f95-1a14-4461-b919-f7d744b6916a.png

Sorry might ask,and what happened let say is heavily keratinized skin , and not with rocks and beaks squid, with that person?
Thirasin
Somewhat familiar

Return to Softvore