Acceptable breaks from reality

Rip and tear, cooking, etc, goes here. This spot is not for those who are afraid of blood!
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Acceptable breaks from reality

Postby sansatyrell » Tue May 31, 2016 5:52 pm

How much do you prefer for hard vore to break from real world physics and such? Like, obviously someone wouldn't survive being cooked, but sometimes it's fun to write or play a character post roasting, or, however. And yeah, you'd have to slaughter them first, but again, it's often more fun to cook whole and alive, more sensual.

Obviously this is given that vore is a thing that happens, there's willing prey, stuff like that.

Thoughts? Do you prefer realistic hard vore, fantastical, or a mix?
sansatyrell
Somewhat familiar

Re: Acceptable breaks from reality

Postby joshythedonkey » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:59 am

For me, it has to be realistic and I lose interest often if it is deviating too much.

Certain unrealistic things I can handle such as reformation but anything else is generally a no-no unless its clearly explained why the prey/pred isn't affected by the cooking, pain, death etc.
Generally, I find it much more effective if it is more realistic because you can relate with it better, either as pred or prey.
"But she's just a child!"

"Children are humans and humans are meat and therefore are food. A child just tastes so much sweeter."
joshythedonkey
Been posting for a bit

Postby SnarlEmberblade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:44 pm

A blend of fantasy and reality is good but can be hard to nail. HV becomes more enjoyable when there are factors like species anatomy and effects of blood loss involved, but that's personal preference.
Shackle the soul and forge the flesh, bind the machine and butcher the rest.
SnarlEmberblade
New to the forum

Postby knifesmile » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:18 pm

My hard vore is quite realistic as a rule. The only exception I can think of (outside 'setting stuff' like magic) is that sharp things tend to be rather more effective in my stories and art than they would actually be in reality. I mean, not anime-swords-in-pavement degree 'unrealistically effective', but still. On the other hand, I think in fantasy in general people tend to overestimate peoples' ability to function when wounded or in pain, too. So in some ways, it's actually more realistic when I have 'Cet's prey, for example, be practically incapacitated, in terms of self defense, by a single attack. They're far from dead, but they're in shock, pain, and terrified, which keeps them from acting very effectively to defend themselves. Some people, such as soldiers, would do a better job in that situation, but the average person won't have the discipline, willpower, or pain tolerance.

I'm pretty sure I've also allowed some victims to survive more pain, shock, blood loss, etc. than would actually be possible, in the service of certain fantasies (such as picking up a still-feebly-beating heart in the pred's jaws and crushing it... )

I do enjoy unrealistic elements like magic, transformation/shapeshifting, and reformation, especially where they allow for new types or degrees of physical violence and/or psychological torment. For example, the major reason I like to write/draw anthro or monstrous preds is they have nice big weapony teeth and claws (or can have, anyway), which humans lack (and giving them to an otherwise human character tends to transform said human into a monster character anyway.) So the unrealism of anthros and monsters allows me to 'experience' a different sort of hardvore than the more grittily could-be-real human serial killer/cannibal type stuff (which I also do enjoy though). And reformation introduces the possibility of killing and eating the same individual as prey over and over again, with predictable effects on the prey's sanity.

But for the most part I like realism. I'm not the sort of person who requires the prey to be alive and aware through the whole process of preparation and consumption. For me it's less about the prey's suffering and more about the acts being committed. The prey's unwillingness and anguish are delectable spices but they are not the meal itself (if you'll forgive that metaphor).
Last edited by knifesmile on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Postby yummyyoungnorski » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:04 pm

I really prefer achieving your intent through reality: the pred knows the prey and their body well enough to keep them in pain and alive as long as possible. :D
For the joy of good food.

Visit my gallery on DeviantArt: http://yummyyoungnorski.deviantart.com/
yummyyoungnorski
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:15 am

As a longtime RPG player, I'm pretty good at rationalizing unreal things by explaining them as magic. xD Even so, I don't like to break from the *rules* of whatever magic has been established for the setting, and I don't like to ignore the anatomy of species that are either real ones or have been defined for the setting. Same-size human vore breaks my immersion unless there is magic used to allow it, prey will suffocate inside the stomach unless there is magic used to prevent it, etc. Thankfully magic is pretty dang versatile. That HAS to be mentioned, though, or it will bug me. I can't just have a human walk up to another human and eat him whole. It would definitely have to be a human with some sort of enchantment on him to allow stretching and such, and then I'm fine. In some storylines we've had cooking done where the prey was enchanted not to die by god-level magic, and so that worked for me. *Without* the use of magic, living through cooking would blow it for me because just no. So it's really just all about the rationale.
blergle
---

Postby emikochan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:11 am

Realistic minus the pain
emikochan
New to the forum

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:34 am

Generally I like it to be as close to realistic as possible, but some leniency can be good for allowing the prey to survive a little longer than they normally would as they cook or something, just for them to suffer more.
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:31 pm

I prefer realistic vore in most cases. This doesn't necessarily mean matching "real world" physics though, because hard vore in a fictional universe with different laws of physics (e.g. magic, reformation technology, talking animals) can be realistic in the context of its own universe, even if it involves things which are impossible in reality.

There are a few situations where I do prefer breaks of realism, but they mostly relate to relatively minor points that I wouldn't be too concerned about if my preferences weren't matched. For example I'm not a fan of large amounts of blood (which is sometimes realistic and sometimes not), and my preferences for pain tolerance vary depending on what mood I'm in (anywhere from no pain at all to prey surviving and feeling every part of the digestive process).
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby AsherTye » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:41 pm

I have a pretty strong willing suspension of disbelief. So long as the story isn't openly contradicting itself, I'm willing to get into it. Honestly I like the prey being alive and conscious as long as possibly so he can enjoy the experience too, so finding ways to keep them thus I'm willing to accept.
Remember the importance of eating healthy. Snack on a vegetarian once in a while.
AsherTye
Participator

Return to Hardvore