curious question

This sub-forum is for mawshot, due to legal requirement for filing material involving real life human. Please do not upload any photo of human.
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

curious question

Postby punk8895 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:36 pm

in your opinion from all the vore or mouth zoom ins or the inside mouth shots you have witnessed throughout the times do you think the people who make the shows know about the people who like this kind of thing and subtly try to indulge or do you think its just something they do to make it edgy?
punk8895
Been posting for a bit

Re: curious question

Postby hmhmh6532 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Last edited by hmhmh6532 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmhmh6532
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby punk8895 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 am

hmhmh6532 wrote:If there is actual vore in cartoons ...maybe? I am not saying that if there is a vore/implied vore scene then that writer/animator is an automatic vorephile. You can't really judge what a person's sexual preference is by a quick moment in a cartoon.
As for mouth zoom ins, I feel as if it's just used as some clever way of scene transitioning. Not really sure where it originated, but it's a thing that has caught on and has been used in several animations throughout the years. We can't really say that every single animator that has done a mouth zoom in has a thing for mouths. If it is a motif that often repeats itself in the cartoon, then that animator could be into vore, but as stated above it is really hard to decipher if he/she knows about or has that fetish.

I feel that reverse mouth shots is a stronger indicator if that person is into vore, as they are rarely used compared to the stapled mouth zoom in. But once again, we can't be certain.

so you dont think they intentionally put stuff in for the people that enjoy it
punk8895
Been posting for a bit

Postby RuffledFerret » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:51 am

I imagine there are at least a few people who work on cartoons/movies/video games that share this interest with us. Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to go too "crazy" with their vore scenarios (as many of us as there are, I wouldn't say it's in the right numbers to be a significant and marketable audience), but at least a few of our favorite moments from our childhood cartoons may have been thought up or worked on by someone who knew their way around a glistening mawshot or teeth-lined scene transition.
Of course, we may never know. Unless a famed animator or other comes forward and admits to their strange source of inspiration, all we can do is guess. There are many tropes associated with vore anyway, as the idea of the hero being devoured and having to fight his way out of the internals of a monstrous creature has a fantasy-like feel to its situation. A minor character being gobbled up by a larger figure in a cartoon full of silly chases and quick-paced shenanigans fits in rather well; the shadows of teeth closing around the screen (with perhaps a quick gulp or burp sound effect) is just a pleasing way of ending a scene and cutting to a new one. Classic characters such as Tom and Jerry, Sylvester and Tweety, and (maybe) Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunner are perpetually engaged in chase-in-order-to-devour hijinks. This is most likely due to the simple, recyclable setup for each episode, not because the creators were voreaphiliacs.
(Not sure if you were talking about just mawshots or vore in general, but I hope this helps.)
tl;dr idk
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:50 am

Hmhmh pretty much said everything. It is undeniable that there are animators with a fetish for mouths and vore but probably a small number. Sometime when I watch a show I ask myself if there's something "adult" in play or if it's just part of the art style, because let's face it, a character can yawn or scream and make a mawshot in the process without anyone in the staff to be into maws. Although sometime I have a strong feeling that there's more to it because it happens a bit too often (looking at you, Martin Mystery). Same for vore, someone can eat a lot or eat people without any fetish involved. These are extremely common tropes that are widespread throughout every media.

By the way, what does "reverse mawshot" means?
Kitsouille
???

Postby punk8895 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:47 am

RuffledFerret wrote:I imagine there are at least a few people who work on cartoons/movies/video games that share this interest with us. Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to go too "crazy" with their vore scenarios (as many of us as there are, I wouldn't say it's in the right numbers to be a significant and marketable audience), but at least a few of our favorite moments from our childhood cartoons may have been thought up or worked on by someone who knew their way around a glistening mawshot or teeth-lined scene transition.
Of course, we may never know. Unless a famed animator or other comes forward and admits to their strange source of inspiration, all we can do is guess. There are many tropes associated with vore anyway, as the idea of the hero being devoured and having to fight his way out of the internals of a monstrous creature has a fantasy-like feel to its situation. A minor character being gobbled up by a larger figure in a cartoon full of silly chases and quick-paced shenanigans fits in rather well; the shadows of teeth closing around the screen (with perhaps a quick gulp or burp sound effect) is just a pleasing way of ending a scene and cutting to a new one. Classic characters such as Tom and Jerry, Sylvester and Tweety, and (maybe) Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunner are perpetually engaged in chase-in-order-to-devour hijinks. This is most likely due to the simple, recyclable setup for each episode, not because the creators were voreaphiliacs.
(Not sure if you were talking about just mawshots or vore in general, but I hope this helps.)
tl;dr idk

thanks for answering and pretty much your answer is that you dont think the creators of those shows dont do it kind of intentionally toward the people who like it?
punk8895
Been posting for a bit

Postby punk8895 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 am

Kitsouille wrote:Hmhmh pretty much said everything. It is undeniable that there are animators with a fetish for mouths and vore but probably a small number. Sometime when I watch a show I ask myself if there's something "adult" in play or if it's just part of the art style, because let's face it, a character can yawn or scream and make a mawshot in the process without anyone in the staff to be into maws. Although sometime I have a strong feeling that there's more to it because it happens a bit too often (looking at you, Martin Mystery). Same for vore, someone can eat a lot or eat people without any fetish involved. These are extremely common tropes that are widespread throughout every media.

so would you say that sometimes the creators include that kind of stuff intentionally because know about some people liking it
punk8895
Been posting for a bit

Postby punk8895 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:54 am

Kitsouille wrote:Hmhmh pretty much said everything. It is undeniable that there are animators with a fetish for mouths and vore but probably a small number. Sometime when I watch a show I ask myself if there's something "adult" in play or if it's just part of the art style, because let's face it, a character can yawn or scream and make a mawshot in the process without anyone in the staff to be into maws. Although sometime I have a strong feeling that there's more to it because it happens a bit too often (looking at you, Martin Mystery). Same for vore, someone can eat a lot or eat people without any fetish involved. These are extremely common tropes that are widespread throughout every media.

the angle where the view is inside somebodies mouth looking towards the outside
punk8895
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kitsouille » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:10 am

punk8895 wrote:so would you say that sometimes the creators include that kind of stuff intentionally because know about some people liking it

Yes, maybe rather because they themselves like it and want to add a little touch of their own. Maybe they think "I would have loved to see that as a child" while working too.

And thank you for identifying that term for me ^^ Like it was previously said it is indeed a rarer pov and it could be a more vorish idea but the few times I remember seeing it were as a scary effect so I can't really tell :(
Kitsouille
???

Postby blergle » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:13 am

I've thought about this for years and my conclusion is that I don't think they do it on purpose to have anything to do with any vorish urges on the part of the creators or the audience. I think they do it to be scary, because when someone gets eaten in a movie or cartoon, it's supposed to be a frightening moment whether it is a near miss or a rescue or a death. Showing zoomed in shots brings the viewer closer to identifying with the victim, which is a scare tactic, and that would work on someone who has no vorish inclinations to engage them a little more with how terrifying the action is. With us, it engages us in a different way, so...bonus. :)
blergle
---

Postby punk8895 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:24 am

blergle wrote:I've thought about this for years and my conclusion is that I don't think they do it on purpose to have anything to do with any vorish urges on the part of the creators or the audience. I think they do it to be scary, because when someone gets eaten in a movie or cartoon, it's supposed to be a frightening moment whether it is a near miss or a rescue or a death. Showing zoomed in shots brings the viewer closer to identifying with the victim, which is a scare tactic, and that would work on someone who has no vorish inclinations to engage them a little more with how terrifying the action is. With us, it engages us in a different way, so...bonus. :)

thanks for answering in detail
punk8895
Been posting for a bit

Postby GBBG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 pm

I think it's really tough to know. A lot of animated and CGI movies are doing it now but I think it's more about showing off the CGI than anything else.
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Return to Mawshot