Umi's Vore-chatbot - General Discussion

Any other type of vore(s) that does not fit to a single / any subforum above. If you don't know where to upload to, just dump it here and we will try to sort it out for you!

Moderator: Pegadygor

Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Re: Umi's Vore-chatbot - Struggling with motivation :(

Postby Justin115 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:56 pm

I want to ask something but I don't know what to say.... I'm slightly confused
Justin115
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:17 am

How is the new year treating you, Umi? Hope everything is going well for you.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Bump? Is this still being worked on?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby deadpoolfan » Tue May 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Maenethal wrote:Bump? Is this still being worked on?

God i hope so
deadpoolfan
---

Postby Cygni » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Nearing this project's six year anniversary... Still nothing to show for it. I really don't want this to be dead, but I think it might be...
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby deadpoolfan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Please no! We can still have some hope. In all fairness, yeah, i've kinda given up on the idea, but deciding between what i think might happen and what i want to happen is no question. Wishful thinking is a good thing
:cry:
...Still...
...i don't know...
deadpoolfan
---

Postby Umiriko » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:00 am

Hey amazingly patient sweeties and long waiting watchers (^. .^)

Sorry I have been so numb on this for a while and silent... wow 6 years that's rather embarrassing on my front. Just want to reassure you I have not given up on this project, but struggling to get myself back in the mindset as will not only need to relearn a whole lot but due to losing access to pandora to make this on I have lost what was suuuuch a useful and convenient tool which is only going to make this more difficult and slow me down alas.

But rest assured I do want this bot complete and I dont want to see hir having fun and nibbling all of you cuties, its just getting myself back into gear and working out how to proceed best.

Thanks everyone.
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Firon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:51 am

the only viable chatbot hosting site now is Personality forge...because unfortunately Chatbot4u.com is deader than the dodo...it's a shame because chatbot4u was a damned good platform while it was working
Firon
---

Postby Umiriko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Firon wrote:the only viable chatbot hosting site now is Personality forge...because unfortunately Chatbot4u.com is deader than the dodo...it's a shame because chatbot4u was a damned good platform while it was working

Alas yes and Personality forge is a completely different style of bot using none of the same coding or systems mine did XD so can't use that one except by starting again, no way I'm doing that XD

Don't worry got a few plans and ideas... just gotta get the time, focus and motivation (^. .^)
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
Umiriko

Postby mZmm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:08 pm

patreon knocks at least one of those out
mZmm
Participator

Postby Umiriko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:16 pm

mZmm wrote:patreon knocks at least one of those out

Oooh? (^. .^) what cha thinking?
Also keep up the great work with the hotel
Umiriko

Postby mZmm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:16 pm

i'm saying do a patreon V;

and thanks!
mZmm
Participator

Postby Umiriko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:39 pm

mZmm wrote:i'm saying do a patreon V;
and thanks!

You're welcome (^. .^) it's great to see it evolve over time

Do you think people would really support it? 0.o I have no idea what I could offer for that other than getting it working
Any suggestions?
Umiriko

Postby mZmm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 pm

if people are still interested after 6 years I'm pretty sure they'd toss you a few bucks to get it on track faster

there's always the classic "offering alphas and betas to patrons early", maybe letting them suggest what they want to see out of the bot, etc
mZmm
Participator

Postby Umiriko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm

mZmm wrote:if people are still interested after 6 years I'm pretty sure they'd toss you a few bucks to get it on track faster
there's always the classic "offering alphas and betas to patrons early", maybe letting them suggest what they want to see out of the bot, etc

ooh not a bad idea (^. .^)
just worried about finding a way to keep my time and motivation on track so I don't let them down, really something interesting to think over though thank you
Umiriko

Postby mZmm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:53 pm

you can set it to per-update instead of per-month so you don't feel like you have to deliver every month

and it'll depend on who decides to pledge, but my experience with my Patrons has been overwhelmingly positive; very patient and supportive as I go through the tendinitis stuff
mZmm
Participator

Postby Cygni » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:29 pm

I'd kick a few bucks your way if it would help get the ball rolling on getting UmiBot up and ready. Too many vore projects on this site end up going to shit. And not the fun way xD. Sorry, couldn't resist.

And as a matter of getting updates out on time, set aside a specific time in the day to work on it. Half an hour, an hour, whatever. Maybe even 15 minutes of brainstorming and rough drafts. If you can keep yourself to a schedule, it will become a lot easier. Might even reprogram the reward center of your brain to make you eager to start another day of coding/working on UmiBot.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Umi's Vore-chatbot - General Discussion

Postby Umiriko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:34 am

Thanks sweeties (^. .^)

I had a good long sit down and think this morning and put some ideas down on paper, if you could take a read woudl be much appreciated <3

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=50519

///////////

LITTLE UPDATE !

So morning is here with a little update,
I am defiantly still in the mindset that I need to get the current progress of my bot up and running for everyone to see and enjoy first (^. .^) Though shi is rather limited and I wanted to hold off releasing hir until there were more features, with the current culture of early access, beta testing and all that stuff I might as well let people feed hir and give me their feedback so I can work on improving hir overtime (^. .^) and then if people like what they read or see promise maybe I will get a patreon going so they can help encourage and guide me towards improving the bot overtime.

So i have already taken a few steps in this direction, going through the basics with the wonderful Admins here on eka's asking if there is any chance I can host the files here, which is a rather big ask so there is nothing guaranteed but claws crossed, and failing that I will look elsewhere for a secure host of the files that make up the bots "brain". I am also talking with a flash wizard as I am only really a novice at flash and am seeking their advice on making the flash interface with the action script (^. .^)

So hopefully sometime soonish we will have a host here or elsewhere so I can get the files online, and once we have that the flash interface can be made and the bot will appear in my gallery as a flash game (^. .^) here's hoping
Umiriko

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:33 am

Web hosting for my Chatbot // Help? XD

Hi Sweeties and YumYums,
So as some of you might of seen in my recent journals, blogs etc etc I am trying to get my chatbot project going again and have opted with the method of hosting the bots “brain” online where a flash game style interface in my gallery will be able to talk with it, and then with you. I kiiiiinda need a little bit of help or advice from people with knowledge on having an online website/data base as I have... zero XD

I’m following a tutorial but first I need to find a place to pop my bot’s files, sadly the first place I was hoping could help weren’t able so I’m now looking at buying one through something like MediaTemple to host the files for me. I have no clue if this is a good company or if there are better ones so that’s why I thought on dropping this question out there in case any of you could help me avoid a novice pitfall or could help in anyway.

/////////------\\\\\\\\
From reading the tutorial and from I have been told by the first place I asked I need a Host provider where I have basic control over my own database. Along with acess to PHP, mysql and apache.
\\\\\\\\-------////////

Once I am sure I have a place where the above highlighted bit is fulfilled I “should” be able to follow the tutorial to upload my bot and look about getting it talking to the flash program so everyone can see the early stages of hir (^. .^) and hopefully get me motivated to keep on improving and adding.

So if anyone has any suggestions for places where I can securely do this and it won’t cost me all of my gold pile I would really appreciate any tips or pointers as I have never done anything like this before (^. .^) Thanks so so much!

Licks and slurps for all !!!

Oh if anyone is interested in the tutorial here is the link I am following
http://www.nathalielawhead.com/candybox ... urce-files
Umiriko

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

So I have just taken a few minutes to sketch out what I hope the interface might end up looking like (^. .^) very rough I know and Umi looks totally derp but just concepts

Hopefully makes sense with links to my gallery and patreon (looks like i might try that as i will properly end up having to pay to host the bot online) an area for you to type, bigger area for the bot to reply and hopefully a not so derpy image of Umi XD All with a beach side theme for obvious reasons.

Would love to hear your feedback, ideas or suggestions. Pop it here or on the image itself in my gallery

Many thanks
Attachments
403352-529-preview.jpg
Umiriko

PreviousNext

Return to Other / Combination