Umi’s ChatBot Musings – Patreon?

Any other type of vore(s) that does not fit to a single / any subforum above. If you don't know where to upload to, just dump it here and we will try to sort it out for you!

Moderator: Pegadygor

Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Postby Umiriko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:32 am

Just a quick warning before we start (^. .^) I might start to waffle a little so sorry if this drags on, I will split it up into sections to hopefully make it easier to digest . Also to reassure the bit about Patreon is just musing right now and nothing set in stone. If any of this sounds like a terrible idea please let me know, and likewise if you have any suggestions I would love to hear your feedback, I am still yet to make any solid decision so would love to hear your thoughts as my watchers.

Just in case any of you are not aware what I mean below when I talk about my chatbot and have not used the Thanos vore bot before it was sadly taken down. The way our bots work is like an interactive story combined with a roleplay. So instead of having 1,2,20 options to click on to take you through a set story or a map/maze to explore with items and people to interact with, through a loooong process and patches and fixes you actually get to talk and RP with the bot by typing, simulating (hopefully) a roleplay with yours truly. Also by taking the time to input multiple responses to the same input you could get a completely different response and reply to asking hir the same thing from day to day hopefully keeping things fresh and interesting. It is a very long time consuming process but the outcome I believe can be very impressive.

----------------------
///// The ChatBot Motivation – Problems and issues \\\\\\\
So why such a massive long break in any news or sign of my chatbot? Where did it all go and what is happening with it?
Well to spare you all the giant details my muse and motivation is a fickle bitch and I can’t recall precisely what it was that started the slow down but I believe it was a change in work circumstances. My job used to be very long tedious 12 hour shifts with not much to do, and on nightshifts with the aid of my trust netbook I did get an hour or two here and there where I could do some writing and coding for my bot to past the time. Though my new job is better on every front I have lost this luxury, that said there is nothing stopping me anymore from continuing to work from home these days as I share my life with someone who not only accepts but embraces ands shares the silly vore fun with me (^. .^)

My main issue is the change that came to PandoraBots, the website where my bot first lived and was being created. They updated their rules and conditions and took down all bots of an adult nature including the much beloved Thanos bot the creator of which Dekadens the amazing wolf trained and taught me how to work with my both and gave me immeasurable help in getting started. When they changed the policy I didn’t lose any of my progress as I always had an up to date backup but things after that became scattered and since then I have struggled to get the project rolling once again. The issue at first was finding another website I could trust to hold my bot and that more importantly worked with the same programming code, namely AIML. There were plenty of bot websites out but most did not use AIML which means I would have to start from scratch..... no way XD

Even if I were to find a website though I can’t stress how useful and helpful the PandoraBots layout was, their GUI was incredible and tools made life so much easier. Not only did it make inputting scripts much quicker by giving you buttons to add certain code segments but you could constantly test and “train” the bot, by typing in a user input, seeing the reply and mending, updating or adding a reply on the fly without having to open a document, inputting the code manually, re-uploading the file and then testing to check it worked.... and then there is the chat logs.

For a very few limited times I activated my bot and invited people to come play, when they did each interaction and chat with someone generated a “chatlog” showing me what people said to hir and what shi said back. Using these anonymous scripts I could see what was missing, when people asked the bot something shi didn’t know how to reply to, or said something shi should know but they said it in a way I had not thought of... seriously take 5 minutes to sit down and write how many different ways you can think to simply say “eat me”... its surprising XD

So with a lack of a true home for my bot, and the loss of some incredible tools that made the whole process a lot more streamlined and simple I have been at a loss for far too long but I do not want to see this project go unfinished... ok unfinished is a bad term shi will never be finished, but publishable? As there will also be more to add, develop and fix with hir (^. .^) ever learning and improving. So much time has gone into it already I want it out there for people to enjoy

------------------
////////// So where next? Where are we now? \\\\\\\\
I have searched around on many an occasion and had suggestions from some very helpful people online (^. .^) alas I am still to find any place that meets all my needs when it comes to hosting a chatbot and you do not want to know the price I would have to pay to get Pandora to release their code so I could host my own private server with their interface... its 4 figure plus...

So my main options now is to either settle for one of the sites with most of the features I require and that allow adult material or take a new approach, which is incorporating the bot into a flash game, but hosting the code documents it is possible to have flash interact with this, though I would completely lose any interface when it comes to improving the bot it would be the safer hosting option I see as I could have it on Eka’s and FA in my gallery. Though it means improving and working on hir would be much more difficult... and I would have to learn how to get the flash thing working and make the flash game to interface... well unless someone has a spare dependable adult friendly AIML using bot website with a GUI I see the flash idea as my best option right now to get my bot online and interactive finally.

As to where is my bot currently, I had got hir to the stage where shi was mostly proficient in light chitchat, a bit of teasing and soft oral vore. I had included a nice amount of licking, mawplay, swallowing, time in hir forestomach, second stomach, safe full tours and even digestion, scat and reformation for those who enjoyed it. Though there is always more to add I was happy with how they had come along and had some encouraging feedback from the lucky few who helped me test hir and was planning on going into new vore types next.

------------------
////// Patreon? \\\\\\

So when struggling with motivation and focus a very clever handsome Deer gave me an idea (^. .^) why not consider using Patreon to help keep me focused and getting a little endorsement and encouragement with such a mammoth project? In all honesty I had not even considered this before but the more I think on it the more it is starting to appeal to me. In the back of my mind there is an alarm going off, the same familiar alarm that has stopped me ever taking on commissions as I would hate the feeling of letting people down and not delivering things on time but if I instead opted for the “per creation” paid scheme rather than monthly I think I would be much more comfortable with the whole scheme. I have no idea if anyone or how many people would be interested in funding the finishing of this project and helping to keep me motivated on track but something to consider.

*** BUT FIRST! ***Though I would not be comfortable in setting up a patreon and taking people’s money until I actually have something to show and present unless there is a massive push for me to start taking people’s hard earn money right away XD Basically I would like to be able to get the flash version of my bot running so people can see the soft vore work I have already done and how the bot functions before they consider investing, supporting and cheering me on to keep the bot evolving and improving.

So how would patreon work? Well I am very much open for suggestions if I decide to go down this route, though originally pondering using the “per creation” scheme where people are only charged when I actually produce something and an update for the bot, but if people would prefer I am open to the idea of having a monthly charge and then lots of different support levels, ranging from 1 dollar to ... well however much money people want to throw at me XD.
I would like to have it so people supporting me on patreon have a say on what gets worked on first, so if they want say unbirth next, sexual scenes, casual chit chat, or even a special section like Umi going anthro for a short time and giving them a same sized scene ( the bot is currently written in my natural feral size and form (^. .^) )
Along with this I would like to combine it with my pervious idea for a discord channel which you can read more on below allowing supporters to give me direct and quick feedback and suggestions (^. .^) taking an active role in the bot’s evolution but pointing out errors, missing responses and what not.
There is also the option and something I would like to include over time for anyone being too generous with their donations to program in special replies for the bot when they recognise a username, just a little something to say thank you so if you introduce yourself to the bot with the username of a supporter shi might have something special to say or do to you as a way to show hir appreciation (^. .^) but that would be a way off sadly.

So what do you all think? A good idea for my motivation and to show your supports? A greedy money grab? Silly or clever? Lemme know what you think.
I would love to hear your thoughts if interested if I should use a monthly or per creation fee and what kinda price brackets people would be looking into, I have to admit I am not expert at patreon so not sure what tiers to create and what rewards to attach to these.

-------------------
/////// Discord? \\\\\\\\
So yes as mentioned above and in these blogs here
blog/Umiriko/pondering_a_discord_channel_b-33762.html http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/8277761/
I had the idea recently of starting a discord channel to let people share ideas and thoughts with me for shared commissions, writing projects and the hope to get my chatbot going again and well.. If i do decide to go with patreon I think this will be a must! What I would do is have this discord group for anyone subscribing to me, so you could take an active part in helping me develop and grow the chatbot. Having channels for such things as:
>Discussing ideas, functions and features
> Reporting errors, missing replies
>Suggesting new ideas for the bot
>Voting on what is written next
>General interaction and chit chat
>proof reading and sneak peeks into updates going into the bot.

I would have to stress it’s not a place to roleplay with me sadly, but the more work that goes into the bot the more real the bot will seem and get and well... is an Umiriko available 24/7 to tease, nibble and gobble you all up tehe XD something I wish I could provide but you know how things go.

Hoping it would be a friendly place to bounce ideas off me, quickly report faults and missing replies so I know how to improve the bot even without the chat logs Pandora used to give me and a handy tool to get opinions and views. Bringing anyone willing to support the project and my work closer and becoming part of the evolution with feedback and input (^. .^)

------------------------
///////////// Final musings and thoughts\\\\\\\\\\\

The big point I would like to stress is I DO really really reaaaaaally want to see my bot online and have hir interacting accurately with people and likewise having them enjoy the time with hir and roleplaying (^. .^) though shi is still basic right now I would adore to see my creation and idea grow to such a state where people could enjoy it to that extent, have chit chats, ask hir questions and of course get up to all sorts of naughty wet fun under hir scales.

I do like the idea of patreon and would be happy with any support or aid in getting this giant project rolling and have some steam behind it again but I am in full time employment with a home and social life and other commitments so even with a small patreon backing I wouldn’t be able to put days and days a week into this as much as I would love to, which is why I wouldn’t want to make false promises and expectations on time frames and stuff. I know what I want to hit and what I want the bot to do, but everything will take time, work, patience and feedback from you delightful lot.

Oh and let me stress
THE BOT WILL BE FREE FOR ALL PEOPLE !!!! this is not a paywall, its pondering getting funding and support to help me keep it growing and evolving and to help shape how shi grows (^. .^)

Thank you everyone for being so patient and still showing interest after basically no updates or show for so so so so long, and thanks again for reading this, I really really would appreciate if you could give me some feedback below, negative or positive i really want to gauge people’s views and ideas on what I have said. This project is as much for you lot as it is for me so it is important for me to know what you are feeling.

And lastly thanks everyone (^. .^) stay delicious and hope to feel you wiggling soon tehe
Umi <3
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Re: Umi’s ChatBot Musings – Patreon?

Postby Bright » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:32 am

I like this idea.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby New » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:32 pm

I highly suggest setting up a Patreon, Umi. I've used it myself for other matters, and it's proven very fruitful. I'd recommend a few things about it.

First, setting goals for yourself. Set certain levels of money that will enable you to do certain things that you can't presently. Say, a certain money amount would enable you to buy new software, and a particularly high amount would quit your job and work on art and fun full-time. Just as a visual representation for yourself and others; there's nothing wrong with just considering how much it would take.

Second, enticing rewards. Not just moving up in the commission queue, getting pictures earlier than everyone else, or certain things they'd like to see from the bot, but less...common, things. I'm aware, for instance, that you don't usually allow yourself to be prey. Maybe if someone gives a certain level, you'll allow a picture or something with you being prey. Never do anything that would make you too uncomfortable, of course, but just food for thought.

Lastly, a couple of fair warnings ahead of time: first, it's not uncommon for patrons to have issues with their card processing, so just message them about it and see if there's an issue. Second, you'll be notified whenever someone gives, but not whenever someone discontinues their pledge. Lastly, if the amount you make through Patreon gets to the point where you make $600 or more each year, you'll need to fill out a tax form for it. There's not much to the form, but just a fair warning about it.

I personally have been wanting to RP with you from pretty much the day I saw you, and the biggest section in my Favorites is a folder with your art. I highly recommend this.
New
Somewhat familiar

Postby justanothermeal » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:55 pm

i personally am not very interested in doing anything with patreon, but i might be willing to throw some cash your way for this(depending on how much i need for my ongoing commissions at the time)
justanothermeal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Umiriko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank for the feedback sweeties (^. .^) gunna think on it overnight, hopefully can find a host for the files so I can get the version of the bot I have already online for people to see. Claws crossed

//////

So morning is here with a little update,
I am defiantly still in the mindset that I need to get the current progress of my bot up and running for everyone to see and enjoy first (^. .^) Though shi is rather limited and I wanted to hold off releasing hir until there were more features, with the current culture of early access, beta testing and all that stuff I might as well let people feed hir and give me their feedback so I can work on improving hir overtime (^. .^) and then if people like what they read or see promise maybe I will get a patreon going so they can help encourage and guide me towards improving the bot overtime.

So i have already taken a few steps in this direction, going through the basics with the wonderful Admins here on eka's asking if there is any chance I can host the files here, which is a rather big ask so there is nothing guaranteed but claws crossed, and failing that I will look elsewhere for a secure host of the files that make up the bots "brain". I am also talking with a flash wizard as I am only really a novice at flash and am seeking their advice on making the flash interface with the action script (^. .^)

So hopefully sometime soonish we will have a host here or elsewhere so I can get the files online, and once we have that the flash interface can be made and the bot will appear in my gallery as a flash game (^. .^) here's hoping
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
Umiriko

Postby Redley » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 am

Yay for UmiBot! I hope this time more people will see hir in action because shi's awesome just like you. I bet everyone who has chance to play with first version of UmiBot, now wondering to see hir again!
Redley
Been posting for a bit

Postby Umiriko » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:54 am

Redley wrote:Yay for UmiBot! I hope this time more people will see hir in action because shi's awesome just like you. I bet everyone who has chance to play with first version of UmiBot, now wondering to see hir again!

Claws crossed (^. .^)
As someone who played and enjoyed the bot previously what are you thoughts on the patreon support?
Umiriko

Postby Redley » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:27 am

Well, I have never supported anyone this way, but why not. :-D
Redley
Been posting for a bit

Postby Umiriko » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:40 am

Thanks for the consideration sweetie (^. .^) I'll be sure to announce when shi is back online for you to drop by and say hi again
Umiriko

Postby Redley » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:41 am

Yay! Thank you, Umi!
Redley
Been posting for a bit

Postby Umiriko » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 am

Heh wish me luck (^. .^) gotta figure out, source and sort an online host first
Umiriko

Return to Other / Combination