How common vore is

Any other type of vore(s) that does not fit to a single / any subforum above. If you don't know where to upload to, just dump it here and we will try to sort it out for you!

Moderator: Pegadygor

Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

How common vore is

Postby dpZ1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 pm

I was wondering for quite sometime about how common vore is in the world and if you can tell if a person is into this fetish. I have always wondered but haven’t thought to ask people for an answer
dpZ1234
New to the forum

Re: How common vore is

Postby fholgore » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 pm

personally, I think it's more common now than it used to be, a few years ago, before the arrival of the internet the vore and many other fetishes were almost inexistent. in general since the time post internet all the fetishes are multiplying
fholgore
Been posting for a bit

Postby merlovinit » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:10 am

It's definitely getting more common as people discover it and then discover that they are also into it. There's way more artwork and stories now than there were even ten years ago. As for something like a ratio of people who like vore compared to those who don't, I'm not sure if that information is available anywhere.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Doku » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:17 am

Actual numbers are hard to identify because polling on paraphilia isn't particularly common research in academic circles. However, based upon content levels in public sites where art is presented and frequency in RP forums that are open to the presence, but not specifically geared towards vore, I have what I consider a pretty clear idea on the prevalence of endosomaphilia in video media, art, fiction and RP. It is speculative and anectodal in nature, but for the most part we are operating here with anectodal perspectives.

It is extremely rare, and represents an exceptionally small percentage of fetish material on the web. Even among paraphilias, snuff-related fetishes (and yes, even non-fatal vore still falls into the same general categories as other snuff fetishes when categorizing it from the outside) are very very rare and represent extremely low percentages of the content available. The advent of sites such as YumChat and later Eka's Portal, along with the ease of contact via online means has increased the relative exposure of this and other paraphilias, and has permitted a certain organized communion among fetish holders which can give the perception and illusion of increasing content, but if you're looking at the average annual production at a site like Hentai Foundry, DeviantArt or some other general art site, you're still going to be looking at very low percentages of percentages. Exposure has not increased the content perceivably in my experience, only its visibility and communication among those who have it.

What has actually happened is that, now that sites like Eka's exist and have existed for the last decade or two, there is a public forum for artists and RPers who have this fetish to gather and share their content. It makes the content more readily available and eases the commissioning process. Because participants can easily see new content, there is an illusion of an increase in that content. However, this is an increase of awareness of said content, not an actual comparative increase of content.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:29 am

I think it is also worth adding that rare paraphilias are most likely not getting any more common. Rather, they are simply so rare that prior to the anonymity of the internet, there were no communities built around, or accepting of less common paraphilias.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:04 am

It's a very small percentage of the population. It just seems inflated on sites like this, but if you smeared all the known vorarephiles on the Internet around the world it would be rare for them to come into contact with one another.

Just to give an idea of how hard it would be to find someone else into vore, I actually know of one vore artist who lives in my county. However, as far as I'm aware we never met each other in real life. Also, the county I live in has a population of more than 500,000. That makes a whole two known vorarephiles in 500,000. Is there more than that? Sure, but the fact that I don't know about them makes them few and far between. I'd be hard pressed to believe there are more than 100 vorarephiles in the county given how rare this fetish is.
Jayezox
---

Postby TheDRXDplays » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:29 am

Not as common as we wish it was.
TheDRXDplays
Been posting for a bit

Postby SalamatPagi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:33 am

I think it's common but you know, it's not easy just tell a friend "hey, i'm into this crazy sh*t"
SalamatPagi
New to the forum

Postby Kitsouille » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:27 pm

About the "if you can tell they're into vore" part, it really depends on the person. Some people are more open and others are more secretive about their life and their level of excitation. By that I mean some people will seem very innocent but perhaps are very pervy behind the scenes. Others won't bother as much to hide that fact. Some people also share kinks between friends, others don't. There are probably people in your life you have no flipping idea what they are into, some you know enough to take guesses.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Doku » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:41 pm

TheDRXDplays wrote:Not as common as we wish it was.

Let me correct this. "Not as common as I wish it was." You don't necessarily speak for us collectively. Not all of us want this to be a common paraphilia. I, for one, definitely do not. I am completely comfortable with this being rare and almost unheard of in most places. In fact, I prefer that it remain rare.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jack27 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:09 am

It is more common then I thought. Way back I thought I was the only one lol.

If only 0.1% of the population were voreaphiles. That would still be 7 million people. But chances are the actual percentage could be even lower. It is probably impossible to determine, because outside of communities like this. It isn't something people would be open about. It is not something you'd be chucking on your census form.
jack27
Been posting for a bit

Postby Assimilation » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 am

If anyone's got a Fetlife account, I'd be interested in knowing how many people list 'vore' in their profiles.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:55 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautifu ... urce=embed
(Ignore gender pop)
Was taken a few years back. Both the popularity of the fetish and how taboo people judge it. It was taken from a small pool of the population (2044 people).
The fact that vore appears here and is not at the complete bottom means that there are maybe more people into vore than a lot are thinking as it would means that more than 1people out of 2044 are into vore.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Doku » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 pm

linkever,

The study was done, it seems, through open polling in an environment like reddit and google's tools were used for data gathering and comparison. It's what I would consider a "Convenience Sampling," which skews the material somewhat, but it does indicate that one should not assume that the number on any of those is 0. However, it's very risky to make broader conclusions based upon convenience samplings. While they're useful when you don't have access to anything else (which 99% of us don't), they have clear limits and shouldn't be taken too far.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Latroma wrote:Even among paraphilias, snuff-related fetishes (and yes, even non-fatal vore still falls into the same general categories as other snuff fetishes when categorizing it from the outside) are very very rare and represent extremely low percentages of the content available.

Is this your personal definition, or is it something that's academically accepted? If the latter, would you care to give me more information about what organization has categorized it as such, and possibly (if you know this information) what research led to this categorization? What researcher?

I happen to be in a position to conduct and publish academic research myself, specifically in the field of the social sciences. (I'm a historian and a cultural anthropologist). Quite frankly, I find such categorization to be offensive and inaccurate, and would be more than happy to do my own research on the subject to provide another academic perspective.

I don't trust psychology or social science in general. I respect it as a valid science, mind you (or I wouldn't be practicing it), buy I don't *trust* it. There have been too many abuses of social science to stigmatize minorities for me to simply accept any attempt at grouping different minorities into broad category without heavy skepticism.

Among other things, psychologists have tried to link homosexuals to pedophiles, trans people to rape, and all manner of other nonsense. Vore is as much a snuff fetish as furries are zoophiles (I.e. not at all).
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 pm

linkever wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/6l8doh/the_tabooness_and_popularity_of_sexual_fetishes/?ref=share&ref_source=embed
(Ignore gender pop)
Was taken a few years back. Both the popularity of the fetish and how taboo people judge it. It was taken from a small pool of the population (2044 people).
The fact that vore appears here and is not at the complete bottom means that there are maybe more people into vore than a lot are thinking as it would means that more than 1people out of 2044 are into vore.

If that study is accurate, vore is less common than pedophillia, but more common than bestiality, scat, or necrophilia.

It's also less taboo than any of those.

That actually aligns pretty well with my own anecdotal experiences. The whole chart seems pretty credible at a glance.

EDIT: Although the gender ratio on some of these seems suspect. Bondage, Domination, Sadism, and Masochism are really very common in the western world, and are accepted enough that there are clubs and groups all over the place. You can easily visit a bondage group in real life, and the sex ratio is pretty even in all of the possible roles and categories. I suppose it's possible that the online demographic is different from the in-person demographics, but I would be curious to see how a real-world survey based off of data collected from events and clubs would compare with this one. I think it would be less sexually differentiated.

(Of course, that would only be possible for the legal fetishes. You can't exactly take a survey of pedophiles, necrophiles, or zoophiles and expect accurate results, because reporting those preferences could get someone arrested).
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 am

linkever wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/6l8doh/the_tabooness_and_popularity_of_sexual_fetishes/?ref=share&ref_source=embed
(Ignore gender pop)

Vore is extremely high on the taboo scale. I can see it being more taboo than some of those fetishes, but it's as if the population doesn't know as much about the fetish as they should. I can spot at least five fetishes that should be higher, but to save some controversy I won't name any.
Jayezox
---

Postby Doku » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:50 am

EnderDracolich wrote:
Latroma wrote:Even among paraphilias, snuff-related fetishes (and yes, even non-fatal vore still falls into the same general categories as other snuff fetishes when categorizing it from the outside) are very very rare and represent extremely low percentages of the content available.

Is this your personal definition, or is it something that's academically accepted?

I generally have ascribed to a personal definition that is consistent with that posited in the abstract of Adkin's 2014 article in Archives of Sexual Behavior (Volume 43, Issue 1), "Vorarephilia ("vore") is an infrequently presenting paraphilia, characterized by the erotic desire to consume or be consumed by another person or creature." The abstract maintains the legal rammifications of eating someone, which suits the common outsider definition that upholds a perspective that eating someone is a generally fatal act.

In so far as 'Vore' as a particular paraphilia is even acknowledged by the Psychological community (it generally isn't considered worth printing that many articles. the 2014 is one of the only academic case studies period, and the details of it aren't especially important for our discussion other than to elucidate a common definition), it is defined by the mere fetish for consumption of a sentient lifeform. To an outsider or non-participant, this is what is seen. Without exceptional additional tolerance and delving into the details, the presence of subsets of non-fatal vore aren't readily apparent.

My perspective is primarily, as already stated, anecdotal in nature. It's personal experience, but the definition is upheld by what little of the psych community that even deigns to acknowledge its existence, much less address it. It is generally associated with sadomasochistic tendencies as a result, and extremes thereof.

Now, you can take issue with Psychiatry's tendency to lump things in, but they're not entirely out of line here. It's a fetish for eating someone sentient. You can't change that fact. You and many here might have personal fantasies about non-fatal forms of eating, but that's not going to be how this is seen to an outsider without patience and added explanation. This isn't a spurious connection like abusing Kinsey's old studies to claim homosexuals are also pedophiles, but rather a direct relation to the obvious side of the fetish.

If you want to do a peer-reviewed study and survey using sociological methods, by all means, go do that. I lack the credentials to do so, or the interest in pretending that I have them. Follow standard protocols to reduce sampling biases as much as possible and try to get others to do follow up studies so that it can be completely done. The cited study's a bit ... slapdash when it come to addressing biases and using a convenience sampling out of reddit users willing to hit a google doc survey. It's not exactly a peer reviewed, professional, but it's not bad for a convenience sample attempt. I'm not taking it further than saying "This sampling of reddit users says..." Because that's what you do with convenience sampling, or you get preachers abusing Kinsey and saying gay men have 50 x more partners than straight men all over again (Thanks, Dobson), only on the other side.

But if you're going to do this seriously, I suggest you check the "I don't trust them" attitude at the door. Yes, everything has an agenda to some extent, but most of these are well trained, studious professionals seeking to offer cohesive studies and practices in understanding the psychology of sexual behavior. They're not out to 'get us.' And if you're going to use their methods, you should be prepared to work with and trust the broader community of practice.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Jayezox wrote:
(Ignore gender pop)

Vore is extremely high on the taboo scale. I can see it being more taboo than some of those fetishes, but it's as if the population doesn't know as much about the fetish as they should. I can spot at least five fetishes that should be higher, but to save some controversy I won't name any.

Its because most people outside of the fetish sees vore as just cannibalism so like any fetish that can cause real death, it is considered extremelly taboo and it uad led it to be socially illegal in some parts of the world. You can go watch lots of youtube video referring to cannibalism as vore(Im watching one right now from ThePedanticRomantic "Why I Like FLCL Progressive As A Sequel" as he refer to a character dream of being savagely eaten by a bunch of zombies as vore. Only the one interesting in the fetish(Or came upon it on Deviantart and Mugen) knows the thruth as Vore is just in the same category for the most part as Inflation or goo melting.
If I could classify the level of taboo of vore compared to social morality, it would be:

Kinky/funny:Insertion Vaginal and Anal, Cartoon casual vore, mouthplay

Weird:Unbirth, Insertion everwhere else, Non-fatal vore, casual vore

Creepy:Everything related to digestion, absorption, anything resulting in death or have scat.

Illegal:Hard Vore(Cannibalism), anything related to children, cooking prep, Graphic hard digestion and extremelly gory vore.

Due to most people only knowing the part that vore is eating other people, they all think about cannibalism. In college, one of my teacher even talked about it as cannibalism due to one incident that happened in real life. This is also why I like whenyoutubers make fun of deviantart vore because it show the people that vore isn't just the same as cannibalism and shouldn't be treated as such.(I prefer way more to be looked as a weirdo than a someone that should be arrested.)

Going bacl to the main subject, it also seems that vore is growing in population and gain more attentions by the media as I saw it getting started to be mentions as a sexual trend rather than just a rare fetish like it once was before by many different people.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby merlovinit » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:34 pm

I think you cant deny that there is a link between vore and cannibalism, even if the vast majority of people with a vore fetish have no interest in it. To be they seem at least tangentially related.

I chatted online with a guy once that wanted to be eaten so badly that he seemed willing to let someone cut him up and eat him in real life. He still preferred the fantasy of being swallowed whole, but it was less important then being able to convince himself that someone might actually eat him. Overall it was definitely kind of awkward and I couldn't really tell how serious he was.

Also a lot of people who draw soft vore also draw cooking and cannibalism fantasies as well.
merlovinit
Participator

Next

Return to Other / Combination