Guide for Second Life Newbies

A forum made for the vore groups on the game Second Life. Click here to find out how to get to us!

Guide for Second Life Newbies

Postby Amaterasu » Tue May 06, 2008 6:49 am

What is Second Life?

It is a digital 3-d world created by its residents. You can see that on the official site, but I think that does not explain to outsiders hot it is inside of the “game”. Most of you should know games like World of Warcraft and i´m sure that you think SL has to be something similar. But it is not. You can think of SL as an empty Planet. The only thing that is provided by the designers is the earth under your digital feets. This word is separated in islands that are called SIMs. I´m sure you got already where this is leading to. We, the players (called residents) have to build all things self in there. That is why you can see so much different stuff in Second Life.

Vore in Second Life

Yes, there is Vore too in Second Life. I´m sure you associate it with great animations but I have to disappoint you there. Sure, there are some animations, but there are far from really satisfying. What we do is roleplay. Of cause you don´t need to play SL for Roleplay, but in there you can look how you want. You can be a Naga (like me), a dragon, a human, a furry and and and… It simply is a great feeling to sit together with other Vorarephiles and eat or be eaten.

Getting started

To participate in the world of Second Life you need to make an account. You can create it here: http://secondlife.com/ After that you have to download the client. Normally you should have been redirected to the download site, but here is the link: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php

After you logged in you should be on an orientation island where you can make some tutorials. You should read them and pay attention to it ;)

Time for your avatar

Now is the time where you should start to do something about the appearance of your avatar. There are two ways how you can do it:

1.)Use Freebies
2.)Pay for it

Freebies

There are some Freebies in Second Life so you can have an avatar that looks not too bad without paying for it. The most freebies are for human avatars. For some landmarks look at the end of the thread. Normally you can see that a person is using freebies.

Pay for it

For most of the available stuff you have to pay Lindendollars. You can buy them at some sites with real money (and change it back if you want later) or you can earn it by doing a job in SL. But for newbies to get a job without a good looking avatar is near to impossible. So the best you can do is change some of your money into Lindendollars. You can make it at various sites, but please make it only there, where Lindenlab gave an official permission to the traders. Here are some of these sites:

http://www.slexchange.com/
http://www.eldexchange.eu/

You should make it with a paypal account. For a good furry avatar you need about 500-1000 Lindendollars. If you want a human avatar it is a bit more expensive, because you need more things like skin, shape, hairs, clothes, shoes… so you should get at least 5k L$. After you have your money you should go shopping with a resident that knows where you can get good stuff. Just ask in the Second Life Vore Club for help.

Second Life Vore Club

You can find us here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Otter%20Valley/126/187/34

List of Freebie Landmarks

Human:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ello/120/192/81 Freebie Dungeon
A lot of boxes with freebies

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hearts%20En ... /16/200/25 - Hearts Enchanted Beginners Luck
A lot of boxes with freebies too

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Delchdork/21/3/21 MARITIMA Import-Export Freebies
Collected freebies and starter boxes.

furry:

Gay Yiffy Club - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Silverstone/248/198/33
Huge malls with some freebies. But they are hard to find

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dahlia%20Island/35/217/22 - Devilfish Acolytes Corner
a box with furry avatars

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Wisconsin/156/213/256 - >>AnthroXtacy<< Shopping Center
free fox avatars

----------------------

This guide isn´t finished yet and i´d appreciate any help :)
Last edited by Amaterasu on Thu May 08, 2008 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amaterasu
New to the forum

Re: Guide for Second Life Newbies

Postby haloronin » Tue May 06, 2008 7:22 am

when i was a Second-life-er i had found Club Badwolf to be a nice place they have a relitavely inexpensive mall as well as a sand box to build things in,

for those familiar with the map system Club badwolf should be in maemilkkot in the north west i believe
haloronin
---

Postby Ranger » Tue May 06, 2008 7:45 am

Nice little guide for the newbies around here :3 I've been playing SL for close to two years now, so I'm definitley used to the system, even built my own Avatar which is already an extremely close resemblance to my Fursona :3 I'd be happy to help any of the newbies that come down to SLVC when I'm on ^^
Ranger
---

Postby Takeshi » Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 am

Awesome guide :)

(The SLVC itself seems a little quiet lately... Although there is usually quite a decent amout of people over there)

Also, I would recommend Forou for human freebies. Not expected this from a random search provider, their advertisement there is not annoying, in fact, they made a well-organized collection of free stuff.

Some unexpected freebies can be found on japanese sims - it's kinda difficult to find them if you don't know japanese (like me), but there is some cool stuff up there :) (come on, a gundam-cosplay looks cool, even though it's not a full gundam avatar - mecha-shoujo rock :D )

As for making Lindens, if you're adept with scripting (LSL is similar to C, only event-based rather than having a sequential structure. But state_entry can be pretty much counted as int main(); 8) ) and/or 3D modeling (though building in SL is more like constructing from LEGO - you have a set of prims with options and you combine a figure from them - or use sculpted prims, but that's a little more complicated - but is worth it if you're good with Blender) - then you shouldn't have much problems with earning some L$ :)
Takeshi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TiberiusThyben » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:10 pm

My apologies for resurrecting a dead topic (though, i suppose that in hindsight, every topic in this subforum is dead) but i would like to note that I would be more than happy to help anyone new to SL by tutoring them in basic prim based building, sending them a pack of moderately impressive freebie avatars, and/or sending them a couple of lindens to allow them a start… this sounds like an infomercial…
TiberiusThyben
New to the forum

Postby farmstuff » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Aw this is very kind of you, I had never heard of SL before I saw your threads about it, and now you're showing us how to use it too! ^^
farmstuff
Participator

Postby Feeder » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm on SL now and i'm at the vore club but i'm like..."What now?"

No one will show me how your sopposed to do vore on SL and nobody really explained how your sopposed to get a decent avatar.

My ID is Alexander Zeminoba, could someone help me out sometime?
Feeder
Participator

Postby Avereth » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Feeder wrote:I'm on SL now and i'm at the vore club but i'm like..."What now?"

No one will show me how your sopposed to do vore on SL and nobody really explained how your sopposed to get a decent avatar.

My ID is Alexander Zeminoba, could someone help me out sometime?

You kinda have to know where to look to find avatars and other things. The freebies are pretty bleh, but the good ones will mean you have to put some real cash into the game so you can have some of the game's currency to buy things with. Vore is for the most part just roleplayed with text. Some people have bought/made/found animations and poses to try to act it out as they roleplay.

I've never really looked into much except learning how to make things myself though, so I can't really assist with finding avatars.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: The Savannah, resting as a meerkat squirms inside me

Postby FrogVoreFan99 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:23 am

thx, i'm both new here and SL
also my IGN is "Kitana" (my last name sucked so just ignore it)
FrogVoreFan99
New to the forum

Postby youthinasia » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I just got banned from the island for asking how was everyone doing, had anyone seen any good movies. After being ejected from the island I said, hey that wasn't very nice, I just look like fat guy because I can't mod and that I had an account here and my name was Youthinasia.

I didn't know introducing myself would get me banned.

That really wasn't very polite.

My id on there is Creampuff Sliverweb, and I would really like it if you'd un-ban me. I did absolutely nothing wrong, unless introducing yourself is against the charter.
youthinasia
New to the forum

Postby Freakus_Freeloader » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:54 am

youthinasia wrote:I just got banned from the island for asking how was everyone doing, had anyone seen any good movies. After being ejected from the island I said, hey that wasn't very nice, I just look like fat guy because I can't mod and that I had an account here and my name was Youthinasia.

I didn't know introducing myself would get me banned.

That really wasn't very polite.

My id on there is Creampuff Sliverweb, and I would really like it if you'd un-ban me. I did absolutely nothing wrong, unless introducing yourself is against the charter.

I can't see any sign nor record of a ban. Are you sure you didn't just have connection issues or that the sim was being restarted or something?
-- Freakus
Freakus_Freeloader
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maurt899 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:22 pm

are tehre any free naga av's you know of?
Maurt899
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby s445805 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Only available naga avatars are priced 600-900L. You can search for them on https://uncensored.xstreetsl.com/
s445805
Been posting for a bit

Postby TaciturnTiger » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:53 am

Hey; I'd like to try Second Life, but are there any tigress avatars for free? I'd like to recreate my main character, Jori.
TaciturnTiger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BlackRose » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

I lucked out and my friend bought me an avi. Also, I cannot remember the name but one free avatar was fairly decent for a furry, but dammit the name eludes me.
BlackRose
---

Postby s445805 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm

If you go to Ryu Valley and go to the mall there and look I around there is a spot that has some free furry avatars. Also I believe there is a similar spot at the Northstar mall.
s445805
Been posting for a bit

Return to Second Life Vore Club