A friend of mine is having trouble with the Age Checker

A forum made for the vore groups on the game Second Life. Click here to find out how to get to us!

A friend of mine is having trouble with the Age Checker

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 am

Ok, let me explain what happened.

She input all of her information, but had an error. Something about asking if she's moved or something in the last 18 months?

So we sent them an email, but I pressured her not to send them her birth certificate or any of that crap...

Reason I post here is for a simple "yes or no" question. This friend of mine is actually 19 years old now, but technically only turned 18 within the last 15 months (a year and three months). Unfortunately, Second Life's beta thingy can't read information if it's been changed in the last 18 months. But she hasn't moved, she hasn't changed her name, and unless she's not telling me something, she should be all set to play.

I hesitate in sending my own information if these idiots can't get it right, and because once you have social security AND a birth certificate, you're pretty much all set to rob someone's identity. -_- Does WHEN you turned 18 play a part in the beta age checker? If so, that explains everything...
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: A friend of mine is having trouble with the Age Checker

Postby Freakus_Freeloader » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:19 pm

I wouldn't expect when you turn 18 to be relevant for the 18 month change thing, typically it's the birth date which is stored, and not age, age being calculated on the fly.

Is it possible they're from a place with a higher age requirement?

Also... if it's possible, it may be a lot simpler to just purchase some lindens. I know I keep suggesting this all the time, but frankly, I'd rather spend a few dollars on lindens than hand over any personal information to the company they've enlisted to do age checking. I'm just not that trusting with personal information, but I already had a paypal account so...
-- Freakus
Freakus_Freeloader
Somewhat familiar

Return to Second Life Vore Club