Secondlife: Try without ID check!

A forum made for the vore groups on the game Second Life. Click here to find out how to get to us!

Secondlife: Try without ID check!

Postby Eka » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:16 pm

Apparently, There are no longer any ID check for secondlife. So, please give it a try!

Oh and, click here for our Second life Vore club
Eka
Administrator

Re: Secondlife: Try without ID check!

Postby Geno » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:42 am

I joined! ... Both here and SL.

So, hi?

:wink:
Geno
Participator

Postby Tamara » Thu May 10, 2007 7:23 am

ID check is scheduled to be back in SL mid-May, and it will be way worst than just the credit card info they asked for before... :? *Considers leaving SL if they implement it the way they said they would.*
Tamara, cute and sexy anthro-tigress! ^^
Tamara
---

Postby Freakus_Freeloader » Thu May 10, 2007 7:40 am

A lot of people are considering leaving. I for one am questioning the viability of continuing to run the club considering how this might affect our members and thus donations toward land fees.

A lot of people are protesting against this bullsh*t idea the lindens have gotton into their tiny minds however, as can be seen from the number of groups that have appeared which are opposed to it, I suggest all of you who would rather not surrender every shred of personal information possible to some random third party just to go to adult places on secondlife (such as the SLVC) join these groups and make an effort to let the lindens know we don't like it!
-- Freakus
Freakus_Freeloader
Somewhat familiar

Postby Azure Prower » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm glad I joined SL before the ID checker was back up. I refuse to obtain a credit card due to the madness over them today. Always prefer paypal. :)
Azure Prower
Been posting for a bit

Postby Freakus_Freeloader » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:55 am

I don't like credit cards either, but I don't mind using a debit card as they stop you spending more than you have (usually).

And as for paypal, they're a company I havn't trusted in a long time after the stories of their incompetencies, security breaches, and seemingly random account freezes.

I don't trust linden labs, but I'd rather trust them than paypal.
-- Freakus
Freakus_Freeloader
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Epyon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:45 pm

The new ID check as of now will most likely be put on teh back burner yet again. The Lindens are getting heavy pressure from the residents against it, so to be quite honest the new ID check most likely won't be implemented. However, they may still ask for a viable credit source, such as a debit card or something like that to verify your age. The Lindens are getting a lot of flack from the residents and it it continues there won't be any new mods to the ID check system.
Sometimes it's not what you ask, but how you ask it.
Epyon
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby tod3690 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:05 pm

I would give Second life a try but last time I did, my graphics card wasn't good enough to run the program, that I did read a magazine topic about how some users are killing and stealing from others online.

It's becoming a place I don't think I'd like to vista, like youtube were people can be real ass's sometimes.
tod3690
---

Re:

Postby Freakus_Freeloader » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:09 pm

Griefers are a problem in all locations, it's how you deal with them that's important.

The SLVC is located in an estate that is fairly well guarded against the more severe griefer attacks and we have a number of staff who are around to ensure people aren't being dicks, and to remove them if they are.

...Of course, not everyone being an arsehole realises it, and so sometimes complain the staff are heavy handed, but that's true of all places.
-- Freakus
Freakus_Freeloader
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Baz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:31 am

The SLVC is located in an estate that is fairly well guarded against the more severe griefer attacks

I know. I know one of the people who does it- so I can vouch for that company!
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby erkki » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 am

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask a few questions, newbie here who would like to try out SL and naturally also check SLVC...

I know a little about Second Life and I've been occasionally thinking of joining for years, but so far my icky social phobias and the lack of any pressing reasons to join have kept me away. So, a few questions :

1. Are griefers and other unfriendly people generally a large problem? (Since I'm very timid and have pitifully low tolerance for nasty words, I'm afraid :?)

2. I'm mainly interested in SL to simply socialize with other furries in a relatively nice 3D environment, and much less interested in actually playing it like some other MMORPG. Is it a good idea to join SL merely for that? (I know SL expects people to use real money to pay for stuff, that I can pawle)

3. Any good resources for feline non-anthro/quadruped avatars, free or or not, I might even be interested in commissioning a proper avatar if I become interested enough. Or can you have quadruped avatars? (I've seen taurs and anthros so far)
erkki
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby gamemaster1236 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:33 am

Well let me answer you questions with my info gathered from personal experiances.

1. Im not going to say There aren't grifer attacks but in all my 3 years of being in the club, I have never seen one happen. Maybe they finally learned that we don't stoop to their level anymore.

2. If your just looking to socialize, SLVC isa great place. I mainly good there to hang out with friends I've met there. There will be times when others ask you to RP with them of course but everyone I've met there is understanding and kind. If you just want to talk, Just talk ^^

3. I'm not sure about non-anthros as I buy my stuff from Ever-Furrest, they are mainly Anthro, but There are a good number of AV makers that hang out at the club. Talk with people and get to know the rules. You'll find what your looking for eventually ^^.

Best of luck to you and I hope I helped clear this up a bit for you. :)
gamemaster1236
Somewhat familiar

Postby erkki » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Thank you, gamemaster! I think I'll try to register an account sometime next week and give it a spin (unless I chicken out)... at least once I figure out a nicer nick (I loathe the one I have here, but have to live with it since I was dumb enough not to think of anything better originally)

A few more questions, if you please? First, I surmise it's ok just to pop in without knowing anyone in advance? Related to that, since I'm an IRL male who has a rather definitively female fursona (though, with quadrupeds it's hard to tell :roll: ), is it ok to use a femme avatar from the start or should I pick a male one to avoid undue confusion before other are more acquainted with me?

Sorry for being so inquisitive, it's just that I'm afraid of making some wrong move right from the start.
erkki
Been posting for a bit

Postby Avereth » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:22 am

You can definitely pop in at any time you want. I only started today and after I hid my human avatar in the basement until I could get something a bit furrier working I messed around in the bar where a few others were chilling. I doubt it matters if you use a female avatar. As normal as it is for males to use female characters on this very site I doubt it would be a problem.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: The Savannah, resting as a meerkat squirms inside me

Postby erkki » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Yup, I already registered, checked out SLVC and found it a very accomodating place once I got over my nervousness. :-D

And female AV all the way, though in the interests of not misleading anyone I added a mention of my actual gender into my profile (as I don't really like playing males at all, and when in-character I always refer to myself as a female so I thought a notice would be in place). In case you mill around in SL or SLVC more often, my name is "Feligris Farigoule". :wink:
erkki
Been posting for a bit

Postby wolfdemonkyi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:05 am

I just joined sl today(sep 24) but no idea whats going on or how it works...I know this is the noob thing to say but "HELP!"
There's another hell mouth in Cleveland.
wolfdemonkyi
Participator

Postby halo51 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:31 am

wolfdemonkyi wrote:I just joined sl today(sep 24) but no idea whats going on or how it works...I know this is the noob thing to say but "HELP!"

Pst... don't revive dead topics unless they need revived, which this one didn't. My tip for you, search for freebies, and verify your account too, since this topic is ancient, and the rules have changed hugely since it was last alive.
*Lurk....lurk....lurk....* AHa! :gulp:
halo51
Been posting for a bit

Return to Second Life Vore Club