A greater vore sim

A forum made for the vore groups on the game Second Life. Click here to find out how to get to us!

A greater vore sim

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:52 am

I often spend time at the SLVC, and also at the Vore Forest. Both are nice sims, but generally I prefer spending time in other types of sim designs. Usually clubs... where the sim owner handles a music stream (even if there isn't an active DJ 24/7), there are dance poles to sit on, and the place is designed to be a more detailed hangout place. I also love city sims if they are well made, or any location with enough immersion and feel to it.

So I was wondering: Might anyone be interested in making an even larger and better vore club? Aunt Edna's Vore Cabaret was the closest to an actual club, but someone else recently bought the parcel and it disappeared. Like I said, the existing SLVC is nice... but personally I find the hut pretty boring, and would also prefer something more modern. I'd really love a more exciting and lively vore sim out there! I'm thinking something like The Ark or IYC in design myself. Then again, maybe even more than a club would be possible... such as a whole vore city! :D

I already brought this up on the vore groups in SL. I think one concern was "there aren't enough people interested in vore to maintain such a club, so the region admin would just lose money". Personally however, I don't think that's true. Especially since from all the furs I met on completely non-vore sims, a surprising amount happened to be into vore or consider it once I mentioned vore. If the place was awesome and complex and attractive enough, many would probably come. Hell... even non-vore people might spend time there if it's a good place, and become vore fans in the process :)

What do you think about having a vore club or sim of the size and quality of the great non-vore sims out there? Think it would work out? Who and how could be convinced to make such a sim also?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: A greater vore sim

Postby CodeX » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Ironically enough... SLVC is the one that bought the sim Edna's was hosted on.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:26 pm

CodeX wrote:Ironically enough... SLVC is the one that bought the sim Edna's was hosted on.

Heh... didn't know that. I wonder why Edna's was still removed then (rather than being renamed), or not replaced by something similar. SLVC doesn't seem to use a lot of primitives, so I imagine there would still be room on one of the parcels to make a nice and detailed club or any exciting area.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Vinderex » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:06 am

The owner of Edna's simply decided that he needed a break, and didn't rebuild it.

As for other vore clubs, have you been to the Vore Forest? It's got a rustic/medieval-ish sort of atmosphere, and I've seen a few non-vores stop by for a visit on occasion.
Vinderex
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Laying atop my treasure hoard while consuming evil dragonslayers.

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 am

Vinderex wrote:The owner of Edna's simply decided that he needed a break, and didn't rebuild it.

As for other vore clubs, have you been to the Vore Forest? It's got a rustic/medieval-ish sort of atmosphere, and I've seen a few non-vores stop by for a visit on occasion.

I see. And yes, I go to the forest too... it is indeed a very impressive place! Would still like something more modern too however, such as city or club, which is why I was thinking about this.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Baz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:17 am

I'd love a more modern/sci fi vore place too!
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby CodeX » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Baz wrote:I'd love a more modern/sci fi vore place too!

That was attempted. But lack of support turned it down.
CodeX
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:16 pm

CodeX wrote:That was attempted. But lack of support turned it down.

I totally support it, and I think many would too :) Not financially in my case, because I barely have money for anything at this stage of my life... but I still support the idea entirely and would love to spend time at such a sim!
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Ranger » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:30 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:I totally support it, and I think many would too :) Not financially in my case, because I barely have money for anything at this stage of my life... but I still support the idea entirely and would love to spend time at such a sim!

See, this is why people tell you that it'd just lose the owner's money. CodeX was right, a modern "Vore City" idea has been attempted in the past and it failed not because it wasn't popular, but because it wasn't getting the financial support it needed to sustain itself. Most people are in the same position as you, where they are able to spend time at the sim but don't have the ability to support it in any other way than increasing traffic.

The SLVC has gone through several big re-designs over the last few years because we've been trying to find a theme and setup that people can get the most out of. We have been listening to the patrons and their suggestions, but unfortunately not everything can be implemented. If you remember back when the SLVC had a sort of Dungeon-y feel, we got heaps upon heaps of requests to go back to the old Hawaiian Hut design we used to have due to space issues, and people wanting a more open environment. At the same time, whenever we built anything that was outside of chat distance of the "hangout" area, then it would be incredibly rare for anyone to go to it which made it a waste of prim usage. Therefore, we feel like the current design covers as many of the bases as we can for now. It's open, has plenty of room for people to hang and all be within chat distance of each other, is only a short distance from the sandbox and has a couple extra little hangout spots within a short distance as well.

If you're simply after a new "theme" to RP in, then we could possibly fix up some Skybox areas similar to the private rooms that match these themes (I believe that was actually one of our original intentions), however the amount of possible themes is fairly broad and, again, they'd likely be used fairly rarely, and our resources are rather limited. In closing though, changing the theme and design of the entire sim is something we really do not want to do, since the current design is made up of several years of trial and error. However, we appreciate the suggestions and we might possibly be able to find a way to cover more preferences in the future~
Ranger
---

Postby 8Shapes4Colors » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 am

I wanted to start something like this up m'self- sadly, I lack the financial ability to support such a place! Some sort of club, yes~

But... then comes getting the space for it. And then paying admins to keep an eye on it. And paying for advertising. And furniture... etc etc! It gets expensive damned fast. x-x

But yes. Full support of a new vore sim/club going up somewhere.
Treat everyone else with more respect than you treat yourself and only the foolish will call you selfish.
-Something I made up on the fly
8Shapes4Colors
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 am

Sorry for being so slow to reply. Thanks for clarifying that Ranger! I didn't know finding a good theme was so difficult and that these problems existed, although I noticed the SLVC went through various transformations over the years.

Personally, the one I liked most existed some 3 years ago I believe. It was a club somewhere in the sky, with small rocky cliffs at the entrance (somewhat like a temple) and a large room with pillows and a bar inside. You had to sit in the mouth of a stone statue to enter if I'm correct. I actually miss that place... though if others didn't like it as much and it was therefore harming the sim, I can't complain about it having been removed.

I'd lie to say I like the current hut theme much though. I guess I find it too simple and large. Especially since I think something darker and more enclosed fits a vore sim... like a cave, a dark temple, or something underground.

Either way I'm not necessarily talking about changing SLVC, rather than someone getting a new sim for this. Although that's a problem due to financing, like it was said previously. Perhaps one of the parcels owned by the SLVC team still has enough prim limit to allow for a new club? Maybe at a distance like Edna's was, so it won't feel like SLVC itself is divided and makes people harder to find each others, but rather be a different place of a different theme.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby kstar92 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:32 am

shame i missed that version of the slvc, i guess i started frequenting the place some back when the club was a cave-looking place with a pirate theme, back then there were private rooms and it looks as though they were amongst the things to go...
kstar92
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ranger » Tue May 27, 2014 12:11 am

kstar92 wrote:shame i missed that version of the slvc, i guess i started frequenting the place some back when the club was a cave-looking place with a pirate theme, back then there were private rooms and it looks as though they were amongst the things to go...

The private rooms are still available. They can be accessed via the little shacks along the beach just a little walk from the main club itself.
Ranger
---

Postby Baz » Tue May 27, 2014 4:33 am

I can support this as an experienced security person.
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby WakaLakaWaka » Thu May 29, 2014 2:30 pm

I tried to go into a private room recently and the person I went in with said the beds are broken...
WakaLakaWaka
New to the forum

Postby madcommanderfox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 am

Well me and my friends have been talking, and I had pitched the idea of buying a sim recently. Then just a few days ago we got the idea we could try for a low lag vore club/hangout, since I am hoping for a low lag sim. I only put it on here this early cause I want to now what you all would want in one, keep in mind that this wont be till about October or November and it wont be a full sim, as that is too expensive it will be a decent sized location. I am hoping I can cover it with rent from other residents, cause I am looking into land and prim rates so that I can figure out about what my prices should be for rentals. I am also trying to find out about how hard it is to run a sim, so if anyone can give me more info on all of this, it would be much appreciated, and would help me plan for the club and how to set up the sim.
"edit" I have ran some numbers and it seems at about 7L$ per prim per week and 200 prims per parcel I could do it with about 13 people and have the whole sim covered excluding start for it. I can cover that out of pocket, if there is anyone that would like to rent the land when I get it please contact me on here or through SL. Oh and land size has yet to be determined but I can almost guarantee it will be big enough for a decent sized house, I am still researching price per meter or how many ever meters. If anyone has any info on that one please point me towards it.
madcommanderfox
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

I'm glad that you have plans for that madcommanderfox! Let us know when the club is up, when and if you decided to do it. Hopefully it will work out... I know that getting a region costs a ton on the main grid, but hopefully it's doable here. This would be really nice and I'd still like to see it happening :)
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby madcommanderfox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:I'm glad that you have plans for that madcommanderfox! Let us know when the club is up, when and if you decided to do it. Hopefully it will work out... I know that getting a region costs a ton on the main grid, but hopefully it's doable here. This would be really nice and I'd still like to see it happening :)

If by mian grid you mean the mainland I am not doing that I am getting a private island, and I am hoping to keep it low lag, but I need tenants to help me keep it up if I can get 13 at 7L a prim and 200 prims I can manage it just fine, but there in lies the issue is getting those 13 people.
madcommanderfox
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:23 pm

madcommanderfox wrote:If by mian grid you mean the mainland I am not doing that I am getting a private island, and I am hoping to keep it low lag, but I need tenants to help me keep it up if I can get 13 at 7L a prim and 200 prims I can manage it just fine, but there in lies the issue is getting those 13 people.

No, not what I meant (private island is best IMO too). I also use OpenSim, and Main Grid is the term we use when talking about Linden's servers and world. What I meant is, land tends to be horrifyingly expensive to get on SL (especially regions).
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby madcommanderfox » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
madcommanderfox wrote:If by mian grid you mean the mainland I am not doing that I am getting a private island, and I am hoping to keep it low lag, but I need tenants to help me keep it up if I can get 13 at 7L a prim and 200 prims I can manage it just fine, but there in lies the issue is getting those 13 people.

No, not what I meant (private island is best IMO too). I also use OpenSim, and Main Grid is the term we use when talking about Linden's servers and world. What I meant is, land tends to be horrifyingly expensive to get on SL (especially regions).

Oh yea it is that is why I have ran the numbers and found that if I can get 13 people renting with 200 prims per parcel at 7L a prim I will have enough to cover it. I am hoping to get some people who are into vore renting, and that is why I posted here so please spread the word and help me get people. Just tell them to post here or message me on sl my name is madcommanderfox, same as on here.
madcommanderfox
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Second Life Vore Club